B777-9 vs B777-10 - DA.C
 

Go Back   DA.C > Local Control > What if ???
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Advertise

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.
Old 04-04-2017, 08:27 PM   #1
Complete Wacko!
 
European Collector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,557
Default B777-9 vs B777-10

that would be one HUGE aircraft!

(original template from Boeing website)
Attached Thumbnails
B777-9 vs B777-10-rotate30.jpg  
__________________
*** more classic liveries please ***
European Collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-04-2017, 08:42 PM   #2
"Hello Moto"!
 
T7_4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 6,198
Default Re: B777-9 vs B777-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by European Collector View Post
that would be one HUGE aircraft!

(original template from Boeing website)
That would be a sight to see in the skies and at your international airports. I wonder if there are any airlines that would opt for that B777-10 ? Maybe EK?
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
T7_4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 05:40 AM   #3
Complete Wacko!
 
European Collector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,557
Default Re: B777-9 vs B777-10

Singapore Airlines kann auf 777-10 upgraden

https://leehamnews.com/2017/02/16/si...not-kill-a380/

the first (latest) article is in german, but definately says SIA can hadle a 777-10. and it also say that it will be sized beyond (!) 80m length. and it also says, that SIA and Boeing made a contract according to which SIA can switch from the 777-9 to a "non-existing aircraft" when desired. sounds like a 777-9 order with the option to switch to a -10.

technically the -10 only seems to be a stretch of the -9, maybe this facts help during finding the decision process. remember, the 767-400 was only made for Delta and United. - or it wasn't a hotseller....dunno.

Singapore is flying the 77W with 9-abreast, so hopefully they also use this config. for the -9 (and -10 respectively).....

http://i.slimg.com/seatguru/airlines..._777-300ER.gif
__________________
*** more classic liveries please ***

Last edited by European Collector; 04-05-2017 at 08:13 AM.
European Collector is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 04-10-2017, 08:17 PM   #4
Complete Wacko!
 
European Collector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,557
Default Re: B777-9 vs B777-10

the 777-10 will be the perfect replacement for the 748i (as sad as it is). and most likely it will gather mroe customers than the 748.
Attached Thumbnails
B777-9 vs B777-10-rotate31.jpg  
__________________
*** more classic liveries please ***
European Collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 08:29 PM   #5
Insane Collector
 
TheFSXPilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Georgetown, Ontario
Age: 15
Posts: 2,131
Default Re: B777-9 vs B777-10

That is a very very long fuselage! Must be as long as the A346!!
__________________
Daniel

If you have any of the following models for sale please PM me!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-Inflight200 WestJet 737-200 90 CAD or less please

Manufacturers! Are you able to make a WestJet 737-600???
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

________________
TheFSXPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 03:11 PM   #6
Complete Wacko!
 
European Collector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,557
Default Re: B777-9 vs B777-10

roughly the 777-9 will be 76m long, and the -10 around 80m. the 346 is "just" 75m long.
__________________
*** more classic liveries please ***
European Collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 05:52 PM   #7
"Hello Moto"!
 
T7_4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 6,198
Default Re: B777-9 vs B777-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by European Collector View Post
Singapore Airlines kann auf 777-10 upgraden

https://leehamnews.com/2017/02/16/si...not-kill-a380/

the first (latest) article is in german, but definately says SIA can hadle a 777-10. and it also say that it will be sized beyond (!) 80m length. and it also says, that SIA and Boeing made a contract according to which SIA can switch from the 777-9 to a "non-existing aircraft" when desired. sounds like a 777-9 order with the option to switch to a -10.

technically the -10 only seems to be a stretch of the -9, maybe this facts help during finding the decision process. remember, the 767-400 was only made for Delta and United. - or it wasn't a hotseller....dunno.

Singapore is flying the 77W with 9-abreast, so hopefully they also use this config. for the -9 (and -10 respectively).....

http://i.slimg.com/seatguru/airlines..._777-300ER.gif
Here are the major airlines currently flying Econo with a 3-3-3 layout for their Boeing 777 birds:

British Airways
Japan Airlines
Air China
Korean Air
Asiana
China Southern
Cathay Pacific
El AL
Eva Air
Air India
AeroMexico
Delta
Saudia
Turkish
Thai
Vietnam
Virgin Australia
Singapore Airlines

Here are the major airlines flying cattle class with the 3-4-3 layout for their B777s:


Air Canada
American
China Airlines
Emirates
KLM
Etihad
Philippine Airlines
Qatar
ANA
Air France
Air New Zealand
Aeroflot
Saudia
Swiss
United
Austrian
China Eastern
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
T7_4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 06:32 PM   #8
"Hello Moto"!
 
T7_4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 6,198
Default Re: B777-9 vs B777-10

Flown on Boeing 777 models on Japan, Cathay, and Air China with the 3-3-3 layout which was a pleasant and comfortable experience for those 12+hour long haul flights.

Had the unfortunate flight on a Emirates B777 with the 3-4-3 layout with the family; it was a cramped/tight/claustrophobic 12+hour flight that gave a new meaning to pain when flying. I literally had to walk sideways down the aisles so I wouldn't bump into passengers sitting in their seats. Never, ever again will I plop the family into a 3-4-3 layout.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
T7_4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 09:49 PM   #9
Master Collector
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Miami
Posts: 585
Default Re: B777-9 vs B777-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by European Collector View Post
roughly the 777-9 will be 76m long, and the -10 around 80m. the 346 is "just" 75m long.
A346 is only the 2nd longest currently behind the 748i . 777-10 will definitely be the longest passenger plane ever. i don't think airbus has anything in plan with that length right now.... A350-1000 would need a significant stretch as that's only 77W length.
wildpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 09:05 AM   #10
Master Collector
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Miami
Posts: 585
Default Re: B777-9 vs B777-10

can we all say tail strike prone? I am waiting for a double deck twin....
wildpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 10:36 AM   #11
Complete Wacko!
 
European Collector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,557
Default Re: B777-9 vs B777-10

https://cdn.airplane-pictures.net/im.../15/886366.jpg

http://www.ulrich-pfaffenberger.com/...Airlines_k.jpg

... it will work....
__________________
*** more classic liveries please ***
European Collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 10:49 AM   #12
1:200 and 1:72 Collector
 
geeforce9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Exeter
Age: 38
Posts: 1,720
Default Re: B777-9 vs B777-10

Is the new 777-x GExclusive or is RR throwing in the Advance/Ultrafan for this baby as well? I'm looking forward to seeing bright blue fan blades when these engines are rolled out.
__________________
Regards, Andy


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
geeforce9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 11:06 AM   #13
Complete Wacko!
 
European Collector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,557
Default Re: B777-9 vs B777-10

https://www.geaviation.com/commercia...ircraft-engine

i'd say it is a GE exclusive....
__________________
*** more classic liveries please ***
European Collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 10:38 AM   #14
Airliner Fanatic
 
leongrnfld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Johannesburg.
Posts: 419
Default Re: B777-9 vs B777-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by T7_4ever View Post
Flown on Boeing 777 models on Japan, Cathay, and Air China with the 3-3-3 layout which was a pleasant and comfortable experience for those 12+hour long haul flights.

Had the unfortunate flight on a Emirates B777 with the 3-4-3 layout with the family; it was a cramped/tight/claustrophobic 12+hour flight that gave a new meaning to pain when flying. I literally had to walk sideways down the aisles so I wouldn't bump into passengers sitting in their seats. Never, ever again will I plop the family into a 3-4-3 layout.
I also flew economy in the Emirates B777 many years ago.
The seat was extremely cramped and uncomfortable.
I read that Emirates are planning to re-configure their A380 to eleven seats
per row in economy !
This is just pure greed.
leongrnfld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 08:56 PM   #15
"Hello Moto"!
 
T7_4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 6,198
Default Re: B777-9 vs B777-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by leongrnfld View Post
I also flew economy in the Emirates B777 many years ago.
The seat was extremely cramped and uncomfortable.
I read that Emirates are planning to re-configure their A380 to eleven seats
per row in economy !
This is just pure greed.


11 seats across on the A380 Glad I was able to fly on the A380 with the 3-4-3 layout in econo. That was more comfortable IMO. No need to fly with the family anymore on this bird in the future. One and Done will work for us. Guessing, they need more $$$$ to fund their new A380s they recently inked with Airbus.

Cheers! T7
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
T7_4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 10:51 PM   #16
Master Collector
 
newCDN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 906
Default Re: B777-9 vs B777-10

11 abreast A380 is still more comfortable and roomy than 10 abreast 777 or 9 abreast 787 but I don't think Emirates is planning 11-abreast
__________________
Flown on: Q300, E190, A319, A320, A321, B73G, B738, B739, A310, A332, A333, A343, A388, B763, B789, B77L, B773, B77W, B744, MD-11
Yet to fly: Q400, CSeries, A320neo, B737Max, A346, A350, B788, B748


Want to buy:

1/200 Hogan Air Canada A340-300 old livery

newCDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:14 PM.

Latest Threads
- by weasel1
- by weasel1
 

Models of the Week
 



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.