DA.C

DA.C (https://www.diecastaircraftforum.com/index.php)
-   Site Issues and Support Section (https://www.diecastaircraftforum.com/site-issues-support-section/)
-   -   Database not working! (https://www.diecastaircraftforum.com/site-issues-support-section/128898-database-not-working.html)

aviationcombr 03-04-2015 03:55 PM

Database not working!
 
I've tried to add six models and none of them was added...

BTW: there's some new models (some of them released MONTHS AGO) not yet added to model database:

1:400
Air Transat Airbus A330-243 C-GTSN AeroClassics ACTSC369
Alitalia Douglas DC-4 EI-ANL AeroClassics ECAZA004
Alitalia Douglas DC-6B I-DIMO AeroClassics ACAZA473
Alitalia Douglas DC-6B I-DIMS AeroClassics ACAZA442
Alitalia/Etihad A330-2 Expo 2015 JCWings JC4AZA948
Antonov Design Bureau Antonov AN-124 UR-82008 Herpa HE562478
Avianca Colombia Boeing B787-8 N780AV Phoenix Models PH4AVA023
Azul Embraer ERJ-195 PR-AYO JC Wings
Azul Embraer ERJ-195 PR-AYU JC Wings
Bombardier Bombardier CS100 C-GWYD JC Wings
Cruzeiro Boeing B737-2C3 PP-CJN AeroClassics LCCRZ392
Cruzeiro Boeing B737-2C3 PP-CJP AeroClassics LCCRZ397
Emirates 777-300ER world cup JC Wings JC4UAE838
KLM Douglas DC-4 PH-TDL AeroClassics ECKLM488
KLM Boeing B777-206/ER PH-BQB "95 years" Phoenix Models PH4KLM1240
Lufthansa Boeing B747-830 D-ABYI "Siegeflieger Fanhansa" Phoenix Models PH4DLH1257
SAS Douglas DC-7C SE-CCB AeroClassics ACSAS719
TAM Boeing B767-316/ER PT-MOC Phoenix Models PH4TAM029
United Airlines B767-200 GeminiJets GJ1137
US Airways ERJ-170 GeminiJets GJUSA1256
Varig Boeing B737-73A PP-VBZ AeroClassics/LatinClassics LCVRG414

1:200
Varig Curtiss C-46D PP-VBQ Western Models WMCA-43H
Varig Boeing B707-441 PP-VJA Herpa HE556842

robertjon5 03-04-2015 04:55 PM

Re: Database not working!
 
Steffi. NOBODY is updating DB anymore!! I urge to import your collection to DIMA BEFORE this DB becomes obsolete or inaccessible!!! you don't have to post there, but at least its up to date!!!

YOWguy 03-04-2015 06:02 PM

Re: Database not working!
 
Thanks for that advise RJ, I did it 2 days ago based on your comments on my whining about it not updating/working.

aviationcombr 03-04-2015 07:17 PM

Re: Database not working!
 
A suggestion for all users who are unable to import your collection to the DiMA database: mark and copy your collection list to Windows clipboard (Ctrl-C) to a blank new MS Excel worksheet (Ctrl-V).

So, you can save a personal copy of your collection list on your computer. I've tried it and it works!
:-)

Upkeep 03-05-2015 06:23 AM

Re: Database not working!
 
It seems the only thing these new owners manage to keep updated is the barrage of advertising . . . :rolleyes: *sigh*

spear.m 03-05-2015 07:51 AM

Re: Database not working!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Upkeep (Post 1172426)
It seems the only thing these new owners manage to keep updated is the barrage of advertising . . . :rolleyes: *sigh*

Why not make the advertisers aware and get them to withdraw their support.
Contact all the local ones near to you where you shop!

Upkeep 03-06-2015 05:56 AM

Re: Database not working!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by spear.m (Post 1172514)
Why not make the advertisers aware and get them to withdraw their support.
Contact all the local ones near to you where you shop!

I think the obvious is the forum owners here re-invest some of that advertising income on forum infrastructure. :confused:

make.me.laugh 03-06-2015 06:27 AM

Re: Database not working!
 
G'day all,

I'm Lou and since February 2013 I've been looking after the database for all 1/400 and 1/200 models.

Back in October 2014 the database froze. I was still able to input new models, but they would'nt show up unless you knew its ID # number. So pretty useless.

However at the end of February 2015 the whole system on here broke and froze. All the over 400 new model entries I'd done since late 2014 were deleted by the system (except for two entries). I have also been locked out of the database update page.

Furthermore the system now won't allow you to add any more models to your collection or.. allow you to change the order of your models on your lists.

More worrying is that in the database of models, various 'Airlines' have been deleted (blank spaces appear where they used to be). It seems everyday more disappears datawise from this site.

I have on several occations tried contacting the owners MASMedia about the problems. Only last week did I get a reply with the promise it would be fixed by the end of that day... a week later and nothing...

I implore you to move your collection data to DiMA Immediately. It may not be on this site at all in days considering all the problems that keep building up on this site.

DAC / Wings900 is fine if you want to chat or sledge models (The Wild West of Modelling forums!) However if you use this to keep log of your collection then please move your collection to...

Forums - Diecast Model Aircraft

Before this site loses all your model info.

Good luck... Lou
_______________

spear.m 03-06-2015 06:56 AM

Re: Database not working!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by make.me.laugh (Post 1174858)
G'day all,

I'm Lou and since February 2013 I've been looking after the database for all 1/400 and 1/200 models.

Back in October 2014 the database froze. I was still able to input new models, but they would'nt show up unless you knew its ID # number. So pretty useless.

However at the end of February 2015 the whole system on here broke and froze. All the over 400 new model entries I'd done since late 2014 were deleted by the system (except for two entries). I have also been locked out of the database update page

Furthermore the system now won't allow you to add any more models to your collection or.. allow you to change the order of your models on your lists.

More worrying is that in the database of models, various 'Airlines' have been deleted (blank spaces appear where they used to be). It seems everyday more disappears datawise from this site.

I have on several occations tried contacting the owners MASMedia about the problems. Only last week did I get a reply with the promise it would be fixed by the end of that day... a week later and nothing...

I implore you to move your collection data to DiMA Immediately. It may not be on this site at all in days considering all the problems that keep building up on this site.

DAC / Wings900 is fine if you want to chat or sledge models (The Wild West of Modelling forums!) However if you use this to keep log of your collection then please move your collection to...

Forums - Diecast Model Aircraft

Before this site loses all your model info.

Good luck... Lou
_______________

Hi Lou, I hope you are feeling better and fully recovered from your illness.
Many thanks for the update,sad that it is.Personally I don't like the format of the Dima website.
Is there no way we can bully them into fixing the problem.
Ask advertisers to withdraw their fees perhaps?

robertjon5 03-06-2015 11:19 AM

Re: Database not working!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by spear.m (Post 1174938)
Hi Lou, I hope you are feeling better and fully recovered from your illness.
Many thanks for the update,sad that it is.Personally I don't like the format of the Dima website.
Is there no way we can bully them into fixing the problem.
Ask advertisers to withdraw their fees perhaps?

err, what's wrong with it Malcolm??? you can arrange the details in ANY order you want.

Lou. thanks for update!! I have been telling people to transfer their collection to DIMA for a while. as Malcolm said, hope you have recovered from all your health problems. great to see you around still!!

make.me.laugh 05-04-2015 10:07 AM

Re: Database not working!
 
G'day All,

Seems the new ownders are actually doing something and... doing it well too!

The database has finally been cleared of spam which allow photos and some details to be updated. The Database is currently out of whack by 6 months... yep it's been 6 months since the database has been able to accept new entries.

Expecting that to be fixed within a week. Then the long march begins to enter some 1000+ models from the past SIX months. I suspect I will be calling on some of the longer-term members to help... So stand by for more info on that.

CHeers Lou,

PS I'm feeling better tho I'm now confined mainly to the house as I tire easily. All Good, more time to enjoy the hobby and wings/DAC...

robertjon5 05-04-2015 10:17 AM

Re: Database not working!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by make.me.laugh (Post 1266369)
G'day All,

Seems the new ownders are actually doing something and... doing it well too!

The database has finally been cleared of spam which allow photos and some details to be updated. The Database is currently out of whack by 6 months... yep it's been 6 months since the database has been able to accept new entries.

Expecting that to be fixed within a week. Then the long march begins to enter some 1000+ models from the past SIX months. I suspect I will be calling on some of the longer-term members to help... So stand by for more info on that.

CHeers Lou,

PS I'm feeling better tho I'm now confined mainly to the house as I tire easily. All Good, more time to enjoy the hobby and wings/DAC...

hi lou, GREAT to hear you are ok!! lets hope they really have managed to fix DB at last!! but still suggest to keep your DIMA one, (if you have one) just in case!!

vs-Admin 05-05-2015 11:30 AM

Re: Database not working!
 
We are still working on the DB, big thanks to Lou for the help! If anyone else wants to help get this set back up please let us know.

-Philip


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.