Aeroclassics janauary 2020 releases - Page 2 - DA.C
 

Go Back   DA.C > Ground Control > 1:400 Scale Model Aircraft

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.
Old 01-18-2020, 12:43 PM   #51
Insane Collector
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Washington
Posts: 1,570
Default Re: Aeroclassics janauary 2020 releases

I too appreciate what Aeroclassics has done for years to provide outstanding 1:400 models of classic airliners. I am surrounded by hundreds of them as I type. And I really enjoy posting photos of beautiful AC models after I receive them!

That said, there are legitimate complaints--models with colors and printing wrong, crooked printing, quality-control issues. Then we are hit with a whopping 20 percent price increase in January, and Waffle telling us to expect more increases. That's a lot to ask of collectors. I for one will gladly keep buying better Aeroclassics models. But I may be buying fewer of them in any event, because of the price increase.

Jim
__________________
The greatest need in 1:400: Reissues of Major Passenger-Carrier 747 Classics: -100/200, -300, and SP, of NG / Aeroclassics / Big Bird Mk. 1 quality. Examples: American; United Blue-Star, Bass; TWA double globe, double stripe; Pan Am delivery; British Airways Negus, Landor; KLM 70's-80's blue top; Air France 70's-80's; Lufthansa 70's-80's; Aer Lingus delivery; Sabena 80's circle-s; Japan Air Lines 70's-80s; All Nippon 70's; and Qantas 70's-80's.
BWI-ROCman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-18-2020, 02:18 PM   #52
The Truth Detector
 
aklein707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: Hangzhou, Zhejiang; Peoples Republic of China
Posts: 6,249
Default Re: Aeroclassics janauary 2020 releases

Quote:
Originally Posted by planeoldwill View Post
Look Andrew, I massively appreciate what aeroclassics have done over the years with releasing alot of European airliners and making some models that other companies would never even consider. However I think that as the owner of aeroclassics, you need to stop being so aggressive and confrontational with complaints from customers. Obviously some people are going to be picky and nit pick on the tiniest issues but I think that some people are raising legitimate complaint such as printing errors and scratches and components that are not glued in. I also think that if people want to complain about models that theyve received new from aeroclassics, they should do so in a respectful and constructive manner and avoid being rude about it.
That's just it Will, they are not.
If you go back thru this thread, you will find all the complaints are about things which have nothing to do with this month's releases in the first place, or last month's either. It's just obnoxious behavior which I do not tolerate.
Thanks for your comments by the way!
__________________
Enjoying aviation from a "TSA-free Zone"!!
Take the money-grab & deceit out of our hobby, and bring back ethics and quality!!
Just say NO to Apollo400/Black Box/Panda Models/Junk-X/First Choice/C&C/IF400/AV400/Witty400/Magic/AV200/AK200/Flightline/Flightline200/Flightline400/Pegasus/Blue Angle/5stars & any BigBirds (real or fake)
aklein707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 02:20 PM   #53
The Truth Detector
 
aklein707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: Hangzhou, Zhejiang; Peoples Republic of China
Posts: 6,249
Default Re: Aeroclassics janauary 2020 releases

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWI-ROCman View Post
I too appreciate what Aeroclassics has done for years to provide outstanding 1:400 models of classic airliners. I am surrounded by hundreds of them as I type. And I really enjoy posting photos of beautiful AC models after I receive them!

That said, there are legitimate complaints--models with colors and printing wrong, crooked printing, quality-control issues. Then we are hit with a whopping 20 percent price increase in January, and Waffle telling us to expect more increases. That's a lot to ask of collectors. I for one will gladly keep buying better Aeroclassics models. But I may be buying fewer of them in any event, because of the price increase.

Jim
Waffle is not the company spokesman.
__________________
Enjoying aviation from a "TSA-free Zone"!!
Take the money-grab & deceit out of our hobby, and bring back ethics and quality!!
Just say NO to Apollo400/Black Box/Panda Models/Junk-X/First Choice/C&C/IF400/AV400/Witty400/Magic/AV200/AK200/Flightline/Flightline200/Flightline400/Pegasus/Blue Angle/5stars & any BigBirds (real or fake)
aklein707 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 01-18-2020, 02:29 PM   #54
Collector
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 138
Default Re: Aeroclassics janauary 2020 releases

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklein707 View Post
That's just it Will, they are not.
If you go back thru this thread, you will find all the complaints are about things which have nothing to do with this month's releases in the first place, or last month's either. It's just obnoxious behavior which I do not tolerate.
Thanks for your comments by the way!
Not a problem and that is true, there is a time and place to complain about things and if they haven't got anything to do with these releases then quite frankly i dont know why its being brought up on here.
planeoldwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 03:18 PM   #55
Fan of the 3 fans
 
Tris10&11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Sussex
Posts: 375
Default Re: Aeroclassics janauary 2020 releases

Quote:
Originally Posted by planeoldwill View Post
Look Andrew, I massively appreciate what aeroclassics have done over the years with releasing alot of European airliners and making some models that other companies would never even consider. However I think that as the owner of aeroclassics, you need to stop being so aggressive and confrontational with complaints from customers. Obviously some people are going to be picky and nit pick on the tiniest issues but I think that some people are raising legitimate complaint such as printing errors and scratches and components that are not glued in. I also think that if people want to complain about models that theyve received new from aeroclassics, they should do so in a respectful and constructive manner and avoid being rude about it.
Nicely said!! I've bought so many AC models that are still in my collection and I'll never get I'd of them. I purely stated that my preferred manufacturer atm is NG and deservedly so! They deserve so much credit and yes they have f***d up with certain things ( and it's only natural to make mistakes like these but as long as they're rectified and to take constructive criticism and deal with it appropriately. In turn this will get them even more respect from the collectors. But I feel now you can't even say that before some abuse comes your way! It's pathetic really!
__________________
Three hole lover
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NG Tristars please: TAP/BWIA/RAF x3/Dragonair White/ATA Tropical/ Caledonian.
JCW MD-11s: Sabena White/ World Airways/Finnair blue tail/ Garuda old colours/City bird; Varig
Tris10&11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 03:38 PM   #56
Speedbird 9
 
barison82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: LONDON
Age: 37
Posts: 1,201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginia Breeze View Post
Saudia was the largest B737-200 customer in the Middle East with 19 factory deliveries. They operated this aircraft from 1972 through 2007. For 35 years, the -200 was the only model they operated from the 737 family. So yeah, that says a lot from a historical standpoint for its release.
Interesting! Thanks for the further background information; I didn’t know this. They got decent mileage out of their fleet then! That’s a long period of service. The good old “guppy” 732’s were reliable workhorses, they remain my favourite out of all the subsequent variants produced. Definitely a much-needed release subject!
__________________
"If you're in a hurry, don't worry because I've got a pretty fast act. Before you get a chance to hate me, I'll be gone." - Tommy Cooper


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

barison82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 06:49 PM   #57
Super Moderator
 
crownvic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Orlando FL
Posts: 10,457
Default Re: Aeroclassics janauary 2020 releases

What I find ironic is that whatever or whomever the manufacturer is that raises their price, everyone here blames them. Does anyone here think Andrew raised his prices just to piss you all off??? China is not the same China anymore and there is always a valid reason for said price increase.
__________________
Can I refill your eggnog for you? Get you something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere, leave you for dead?
Naw, I’m doing just fine Clark.
Real tomato ketchup Eddie?
Nothing but the best! "I don't know why they call this stuff hamburger helper. It does just fine by itself, huh? I like it better than tuna helper myself, don't you, Clark?"
"you're the gourmet around here, Ed!"
crownvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 08:41 PM   #58
Diecast Quality Inspector
 
Adrian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: England
Posts: 3,455
Default Re: Aeroclassics janauary 2020 releases

Quote:
Originally Posted by crownvic View Post
What I find ironic is that whatever or whomever the manufacturer is that raises their price, everyone here blames them. Does anyone here think Andrew raised his prices just to piss you all off??? China is not the same China anymore and there is always a valid reason for said price increase.
Russell, I don't think anyone here disputes the reason for raising prices. However in the eyes of the collectors, the quality of the product should justify that increase. If the prices rise and the quality is not as expected, sales will fall.
__________________
Adrian


The missing B.707s still needed to be done in 1/400: Ethiopian, Uganda Airlines, Air Zimbabwe (rainbow scheme), Kenya Airways, Air Niugini.

DC-8s still needed to be done in 1/400: UAT, Iberia ('80s scheme), Air Ceylon, Surinam Airways, Air Spain

Aeroclassics Comets still missing- Dan Air (4 & 4C), United Arab Airlines/Misrair/Egyptair, Kuwait AW, Sudan AW, East African AW, Saudi Royal Flt.
Adrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 11:21 PM   #59
Senior Collector
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 395
Default Re: Aeroclassics janauary 2020 releases

Quote:
Originally Posted by crownvic View Post
China is not the same China anymore and there is always a valid reason for said price increase.
How far are we now from when the manufacturers will begin transferring production equipment from China to Country X?

Waffle hinted that prices may rise yet again. But, it could be a flawed assumption on our part that it's because manufacturers are raising prices. It could very well be due to upcoming tariffs being passed along to the ultimate customers - us collectors?

What are the chances that production equipment will migrate to the USA? I know of places in Ohio that got hit hard with auto manufacturing jobs disappearing that might welcome new jobs. Or is the U.S. minimum wage still too high, even factoring in tariffs?

Harvey
__________________
Most Recent Arrivals: AeroClassics / C J Wings United DC-8-54F N8050U

Previous Arrivals: GJ United Express CRJ-550, GJ United 737-300, NG American 757-200WL, AeroClassics American A321, NG Southwest 737-800, NG British 757-200 Pause to Remember G-BIKW, NB British 757-200 Pause to Remember G-BMRB, 1/200 NG Nothwest Airlink CRJ-200, 1/200 GJ United Express ERJ-175, NG Swiss A330-300
C141*Lifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 06:31 AM   #60
Super Moderator
 
crownvic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Orlando FL
Posts: 10,457
Default Re: Aeroclassics janauary 2020 releases

Quote:
Originally Posted by C141*Lifter View Post
How far are we now from when the manufacturers will begin transferring production equipment from China to Country X?

Waffle hinted that prices may rise yet again. But, it could be a flawed assumption on our part that it's because manufacturers are raising prices. It could very well be due to upcoming tariffs being passed along to the ultimate customers - us collectors?

What are the chances that production equipment will migrate to the USA? I know of places in Ohio that got hit hard with auto manufacturing jobs disappearing that might welcome new jobs. Or is the U.S. minimum wage still too high, even factoring in tariffs?

Harvey
its not too far off..
__________________
Can I refill your eggnog for you? Get you something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere, leave you for dead?
Naw, I’m doing just fine Clark.
Real tomato ketchup Eddie?
Nothing but the best! "I don't know why they call this stuff hamburger helper. It does just fine by itself, huh? I like it better than tuna helper myself, don't you, Clark?"
"you're the gourmet around here, Ed!"
crownvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 09:53 AM   #61
Fazeman
 
Virginia Breeze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 164
Default Re: Aeroclassics janauary 2020 releases

Quote:
Originally Posted by barison82 View Post
Interesting! Thanks for the further background information; I didn’t know this. They got decent mileage out of their fleet then! That’s a long period of service. The good old “guppy” 732’s were reliable workhorses, they remain my favourite out of all the subsequent variants produced. Definitely a much-needed release subject!
Totally agree with you about this classic workhorse and its remarkable service longevity with Saudia.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Steve
Virginia Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 10:16 AM   #62
Complete Wacko!
 
shandaken's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Pompano Beach
Posts: 3,837
Default Re: Aeroclassics janauary 2020 releases

The Chinese government has started their chokehold on businesses. I think within the next 5 years we’ll see diecast production in some form back in the US.
shandaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 02:10 AM   #63
The Truth Detector
 
aklein707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: Hangzhou, Zhejiang; Peoples Republic of China
Posts: 6,249
Default Re: Aeroclassics janauary 2020 releases

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
Russell, I don't think anyone here disputes the reason for raising prices. However in the eyes of the collectors, the quality of the product should justify that increase. If the prices rise and the quality is not as expected, sales will fall.
And what exactly is wrong with the quality of AeroClassics Adrian?? They models are more or less the same as they've always been. Yeah, every now and then a hiccup occurs, with us, with GJ, with JC, with Herpa, etc, but it's not the end of the bloody world. Go back and read some of the posts, including your own.
All I've seen in this thread is how sschitty the L-1011 mould is, because the PA/UA hybrid example was screwed up, but that's the exception, not all of them! We fixed the initial problems, as we also did with the 767s if any of you whiners would even bother to look!! With all the bellyaching, some may not realize that. Taking another complaint above, using a secondhand DC-10 purchase, which was made over 3 years ago, is another example of how bad AC is?? Spare me the BS and your loads of bollocks!! If the collector was that unpleased with what he bought, he should have returned it to where he bought it from. Seems nobody will miss an opportunity to twist the knife on this forum. Alot, not all, of you need to and get a life!

Our sales figures show most of the releases are sold out already, with some dealers looking for restocks, so again, this forum does not represent reality, or the facts on the ground. I guess it hasn't for many many years!
__________________
Enjoying aviation from a "TSA-free Zone"!!
Take the money-grab & deceit out of our hobby, and bring back ethics and quality!!
Just say NO to Apollo400/Black Box/Panda Models/Junk-X/First Choice/C&C/IF400/AV400/Witty400/Magic/AV200/AK200/Flightline/Flightline200/Flightline400/Pegasus/Blue Angle/5stars & any BigBirds (real or fake)
aklein707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 11:49 AM   #64
Insane Collector
 
Madridista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: GEML/EDDL/KSFO
Age: 44
Posts: 1,401
Default Re: Aeroclassics janauary 2020 releases

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklein707 View Post
And what exactly is wrong with the quality of AeroClassics Adrian?? They models are more or less the same as they've always been. Yeah, every now and then a hiccup occurs, with us, with GJ, with JC, with Herpa, etc, but it's not the end of the bloody world. Go back and read some of the posts, including your own.
All I've seen in this thread is how sschitty the L-1011 mould is, because the PA/UA hybrid example was screwed up, but that's the exception, not all of them! We fixed the initial problems, as we also did with the 767s if any of you whiners would even bother to look!! With all the bellyaching, some may not realize that. Taking another complaint above, using a secondhand DC-10 purchase, which was made over 3 years ago, is another example of how bad AC is?? Spare me the BS and your loads of bollocks!! If the collector was that unpleased with what he bought, he should have returned it to where he bought it from. Seems nobody will miss an opportunity to twist the knife on this forum. Alot, not all, of you need to and get a life!

Our sales figures show most of the releases are sold out already, with some dealers looking for restocks, so again, this forum does not represent reality, or the facts on the ground. I guess it hasn't for many many years!
Who’s the whining guy here? A lot of words against third party people is much of whining, mate.

Back on topic, I understand you fixed the most obvious inaccuracies and quality issues on the L-1011-500 mould, right? This surely includes the relocation of the totally false positioning of the nose landing gear, the re-design of the sloppy tail section and, finally, the guarantee that the paint job is accurately designed and printed on the models. In other words: the extinction of all the major flaws that mould offered to us recently. Then, I will be happy to see the forthcoming releases! Errors (registration on Kenya Airways 707) and quality issues (paint jobs on vertical fin) on most recent releases ain’t a good predictor, though, but...

And, please, simply stop insulting others just because obvious and actual flaws of AeroClassics models are being addressed. It’s a pity you cannot deal with it in a more professional way although most of what I have read was addressed in a quite reasonable and ‘factual’ manner. Thanks.
__________________
My 1/200 Wants List for 2020
Gemini200: Martinair 767-300ER (1990's 'Martinair Holland' c/s), Condor 757-300 (1999 delivery cs.), Condor 757-300WL (2004 white/blue/yellow cs.), Hapag-Lloyd A310-300
Inflight200: Swiss A330-300 & A340-300 (both in 2003 c/s)
NG Models: Binter Mediterráneo CASA CN-235
Madridista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 11:28 PM   #65
The Truth Detector
 
aklein707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: Hangzhou, Zhejiang; Peoples Republic of China
Posts: 6,249
Default Re: Aeroclassics janauary 2020 releases

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madridista View Post
Who’s the whining guy here? A lot of words against third party people is much of whining, mate.

Back on topic, I understand you fixed the most obvious inaccuracies and quality issues on the L-1011-500 mould, right? This surely includes the relocation of the totally false positioning of the nose landing gear, the re-design of the sloppy tail section and, finally, the guarantee that the paint job is accurately designed and printed on the models. In other words: the extinction of all the major flaws that mould offered to us recently. Then, I will be happy to see the forthcoming releases! Errors (registration on Kenya Airways 707) and quality issues (paint jobs on vertical fin) on most recent releases ain’t a good predictor, though, but...

And, please, simply stop insulting others just because obvious and actual flaws of AeroClassics models are being addressed. It’s a pity you cannot deal with it in a more professional way although most of what I have read was addressed in a quite reasonable and ‘factual’ manner. Thanks.
After the loads of bollocks I've been fed over years from some of you tossers, I've been more than patient and professional in my replies, and compared to what I'm capable of, quite restrained too.
__________________
Enjoying aviation from a "TSA-free Zone"!!
Take the money-grab & deceit out of our hobby, and bring back ethics and quality!!
Just say NO to Apollo400/Black Box/Panda Models/Junk-X/First Choice/C&C/IF400/AV400/Witty400/Magic/AV200/AK200/Flightline/Flightline200/Flightline400/Pegasus/Blue Angle/5stars & any BigBirds (real or fake)
aklein707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 12:07 AM   #66
Junior Collector
 
SLK35B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Manchester
Posts: 21
Default Re: Aeroclassics janauary 2020 releases

Best place to buy aero classics in the UK? Thanks.
__________________
MCFC Centurions of Manchester
SLK35B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 01:23 AM   #67
Insane Collector
 
Madridista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: GEML/EDDL/KSFO
Age: 44
Posts: 1,401
Default Re: Aeroclassics janauary 2020 releases

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklein707 View Post
After the loads of bollocks I've been fed over years from some of you tossers, I've been more than patient and professional in my replies, and compared to what I'm capable of, quite restrained too.
Strange interpretation - or shall I say ‘reflection’ - of your own behavior... but... from my side there’s nothing left to say. I’ll concentrate on topic and upcoming releases - but be prepared: criticism may occur in case of persisting inaccuracies and quality issues.
__________________
My 1/200 Wants List for 2020
Gemini200: Martinair 767-300ER (1990's 'Martinair Holland' c/s), Condor 757-300 (1999 delivery cs.), Condor 757-300WL (2004 white/blue/yellow cs.), Hapag-Lloyd A310-300
Inflight200: Swiss A330-300 & A340-300 (both in 2003 c/s)
NG Models: Binter Mediterráneo CASA CN-235
Madridista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 01:32 AM   #68
Junior Collector
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 38
Default Re: Aeroclassics janauary 2020 releases

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklein707 View Post
And what exactly is wrong with the quality of AeroClassics Adrian?? They models are more or less the same as they've always been. Yeah, every now and then a hiccup occurs, with us, with GJ, with JC, with Herpa, etc, but it's not the end of the bloody world. Go back and read some of the posts, including your own.
All I've seen in this thread is how sschitty the L-1011 mould is, because the PA/UA hybrid example was screwed up, but that's the exception, not all of them! We fixed the initial problems, as we also did with the 767s if any of you whiners would even bother to look!! With all the bellyaching, some may not realize that. Taking another complaint above, using a secondhand DC-10 purchase, which was made over 3 years ago, is another example of how bad AC is?? Spare me the BS and your loads of bollocks!! If the collector was that unpleased with what he bought, he should have returned it to where he bought it from. Seems nobody will miss an opportunity to twist the knife on this forum. Alot, not all, of you need to and get a life!

Our sales figures show most of the releases are sold out already, with some dealers looking for restocks, so again, this forum does not represent reality, or the facts on the ground. I guess it hasn't for many many years!

They were all bought new from a store. Feel free to pay me the difference for the restocking and shipping fees for sending them back to the store. Until then, I'm unlikely to spend money on an AeroClassics product.



The quality control issues on the Aeroclassics 737 MAX releases and other recent models do not reflect a company that takes quality control seriously. If AeroClassics wants a reputation of being bottom of the barrel that is their choice. The fact that anyone can defend and take pride in the crap posted above is astonishing.
Flogger23m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 02:32 AM   #69
The Truth Detector
 
aklein707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: Hangzhou, Zhejiang; Peoples Republic of China
Posts: 6,249
Default Re: Aeroclassics janauary 2020 releases

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flogger23m View Post
They were all bought new from a store. Feel free to pay me the difference for the restocking and shipping fees for sending them back to the store. Until then, I'm unlikely to spend money on an AeroClassics product.

The quality control issues on the Aeroclassics 737 MAX releases and other recent models do not reflect a company that takes quality control seriously. If AeroClassics wants a reputation of being bottom of the barrel that is their choice. The fact that anyone can defend and take pride in the crap posted above is astonishing.
Why would you be charged those fees for returning defective items? I can understand being charged for "buyer's remorse", but not for this. What exactly are they restocking? Don't blame the manufacturer for the actions of an unscrupulous dealer!! Perhaps it's high time for us to find a better way for the customer to have a more satisfying purchasing experience?
__________________
Enjoying aviation from a "TSA-free Zone"!!
Take the money-grab & deceit out of our hobby, and bring back ethics and quality!!
Just say NO to Apollo400/Black Box/Panda Models/Junk-X/First Choice/C&C/IF400/AV400/Witty400/Magic/AV200/AK200/Flightline/Flightline200/Flightline400/Pegasus/Blue Angle/5stars & any BigBirds (real or fake)
aklein707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 02:37 AM   #70
The Truth Detector
 
aklein707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: Hangzhou, Zhejiang; Peoples Republic of China
Posts: 6,249
Default Re: Aeroclassics janauary 2020 releases

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK35B View Post
Best place to buy aero classics in the UK? Thanks.
ARD- Aviation Retail Direct

Located in Hillingdon near a very greasy fish n chips joint. Great Shop, lots of models on display and for sale. Nice blokes working there too!!

A much better experience than dealing with a boot tradesman from the back of their garage! Let's not forget Nasty Nige either!!
__________________
Enjoying aviation from a "TSA-free Zone"!!
Take the money-grab & deceit out of our hobby, and bring back ethics and quality!!
Just say NO to Apollo400/Black Box/Panda Models/Junk-X/First Choice/C&C/IF400/AV400/Witty400/Magic/AV200/AK200/Flightline/Flightline200/Flightline400/Pegasus/Blue Angle/5stars & any BigBirds (real or fake)
aklein707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 02:47 AM   #71
Junior Collector
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 38
Default Re: Aeroclassics janauary 2020 releases

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklein707 View Post
Why would you be charged those fees for returning defective items? I can understand being charged for "buyer's remorse", but not for this. What exactly are they restocking? Don't blame the manufacturer for the actions of an unscrupulous dealer!! Perhaps it's high time for us to find a better way for the customer to have a more satisfying purchasing experience?

I don't know of a single store that stocks AeroClassics that has a free return policy even for defects. Unless they can partner with Amazon or Walmart I don't see any place that would offer free returns that would stock such an item. If I could buy AeroClassics with a 100% free return guarantee I'd be more likely to buy one in the future again.
Flogger23m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 04:56 AM   #72
Junior Collector
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 32
Default Re: Aeroclassics janauary 2020 releases

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flogger23m View Post
I don't know of a single store that stocks AeroClassics that has a free return policy even for defects. Unless they can partner with Amazon or Walmart I don't see any place that would offer free returns that would stock such an item. If I could buy AeroClassics with a 100% free return guarantee I'd be more likely to buy one in the future again.
Agreed, I personally am reluctant to buy from most apart from NG due to quality issues.

Last edited by Nicko_0209; 01-21-2020 at 05:01 AM.
Nicko_0209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:28 AM   #73
The Truth Detector
 
aklein707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: Hangzhou, Zhejiang; Peoples Republic of China
Posts: 6,249
Default Re: Aeroclassics janauary 2020 releases

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko_0209 View Post
Agreed, I personally am reluctant to buy from most apart from NG due to quality issues.
Eventually you'll eat those words; nobody is perfect!
__________________
Enjoying aviation from a "TSA-free Zone"!!
Take the money-grab & deceit out of our hobby, and bring back ethics and quality!!
Just say NO to Apollo400/Black Box/Panda Models/Junk-X/First Choice/C&C/IF400/AV400/Witty400/Magic/AV200/AK200/Flightline/Flightline200/Flightline400/Pegasus/Blue Angle/5stars & any BigBirds (real or fake)
aklein707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:30 AM   #74
The Truth Detector
 
aklein707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: Hangzhou, Zhejiang; Peoples Republic of China
Posts: 6,249
Default Re: Aeroclassics janauary 2020 releases

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flogger23m View Post
I don't know of a single store that stocks AeroClassics that has a free return policy even for defects. Unless they can partner with Amazon or Walmart I don't see any place that would offer free returns that would stock such an item. If I could buy AeroClassics with a 100% free return guarantee I'd be more likely to buy one in the future again.
I am working to make that wish come true for you, and others. There should and will be an avenue not to penalize the customer for defective models, however, buyer's remorse or some other off the wall excuse may still be excluded. Fair to be fair. Please stay tuned!
__________________
Enjoying aviation from a "TSA-free Zone"!!
Take the money-grab & deceit out of our hobby, and bring back ethics and quality!!
Just say NO to Apollo400/Black Box/Panda Models/Junk-X/First Choice/C&C/IF400/AV400/Witty400/Magic/AV200/AK200/Flightline/Flightline200/Flightline400/Pegasus/Blue Angle/5stars & any BigBirds (real or fake)
aklein707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:00 PM   #75
Collector
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 2,430
Default Re: Aeroclassics janauary 2020 releases

Corona Virus...it is all because of Corona Virus! Your taco ain't crunchy, Corona Virus! Your Five Guys fries cold and taste like ink...Corona Virus. Your printing on your toy (plane not your manhood) crocked...guess what? Corona Virus! Your toy price went up...yep you got it Corona Virus!

Hmmm in the late 70's early 80's a corvette was $6 to $8K. Improvements made and price is currently close to if not over $60K for base model and ya know what since the 70's and 80's models they have all had their issues and will continue to despite the price increase! Nothing stays the same (except below) and you can't always get what you want (but sometimes you get what you need). Don't like what you bought return it. Had a bad experience in the past with a certain mfg. then go elsewhere. Mfg. you had a problem with in the past and their product...they later put something out in the future you like, buy it!

One thing that has remained, is the 1:400 drama! Happy collecting!

Last edited by jcahea; Yesterday at 02:06 PM.
jcahea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:57 PM   #76
15 years collecting
 
Big Al's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Near GLA
Posts: 5,621
Default Re: Aeroclassics janauary 2020 releases

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklein707 View Post
ARD- Aviation Retail Direct

Located in Hillingdon near a very greasy fish n chips joint. Great Shop, lots of models on display and for sale. Nice blokes working there too!!

A much better experience than dealing with a boot tradesman from the back of their garage! Let's not forget Nasty Nige either!!
Yeah as long as they receive enough product. Yet another pre-order of mine unfulfilled because "apparently" they never got any...
__________________
Let's be having, the British Airways/British, Negus & Negus BAC 1-11-500 in 1:400 please !
Big Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:18 AM   #77
The Truth Detector
 
aklein707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: Hangzhou, Zhejiang; Peoples Republic of China
Posts: 6,249
Default Re: Aeroclassics janauary 2020 releases

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
Yeah as long as they receive enough product. Yet another pre-order of mine unfulfilled because "apparently" they never got any...
Which one was that Al?? I will check for you.
__________________
Enjoying aviation from a "TSA-free Zone"!!
Take the money-grab & deceit out of our hobby, and bring back ethics and quality!!
Just say NO to Apollo400/Black Box/Panda Models/Junk-X/First Choice/C&C/IF400/AV400/Witty400/Magic/AV200/AK200/Flightline/Flightline200/Flightline400/Pegasus/Blue Angle/5stars & any BigBirds (real or fake)
aklein707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:23 AM   #78
15 years collecting
 
Big Al's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Near GLA
Posts: 5,621
Default Re: Aeroclassics janauary 2020 releases

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklein707 View Post
Which one was that Al?? I will check for you.
Last months Dan Air 748.
__________________
Let's be having, the British Airways/British, Negus & Negus BAC 1-11-500 in 1:400 please !
Big Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:30 AM   #79
1/600 & 1/400 Fan
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Auckland
Age: 41
Posts: 3,577
Default Re: Aeroclassics janauary 2020 releases

My acquisitions from January's batch, plus the Tanzanian 767 from last year got on the cheap at Waffle.

I'm quite happy with all four. Shame that the Kenyan rego is wrong but you'd have to be really watching to notice. It also has a slightly bent nosegear, but otherwise a decent trio.

This thread has rather gone down the toilet a bit. I sympathise with both sides to be honest. I would like less errors but I also want AC to continue doing what they do.

January 2020 Aeroclassics Additions by rstretton, on Flickr
__________________
Richard


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RStretton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:27 AM   #80
Junior Collector
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 1
Default Re: Aeroclassics janauary 2020 releases

Who put a cargo door on the Kenya 707?
400metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:41 AM   #81
Fan of the 3 fans
 
Tris10&11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Sussex
Posts: 375
Default Re: Aeroclassics janauary 2020 releases

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcahea View Post
Corona Virus...it is all because of Corona Virus! Your taco ain't crunchy, Corona Virus! Your Five Guys fries cold and taste like ink...Corona Virus. Your printing on your toy (plane not your manhood) crocked...guess what? Corona Virus! Your toy price went up...yep you got it Corona Virus!

Hmmm in the late 70's early 80's a corvette was $6 to $8K. Improvements made and price is currently close to if not over $60K for base model and ya know what since the 70's and 80's models they have all had their issues and will continue to despite the price increase! Nothing stays the same (except below) and you can't always get what you want (but sometimes you get what you need). Don't like what you bought return it. Had a bad experience in the past with a certain mfg. then go elsewhere. Mfg. you had a problem with in the past and their product...they later put something out in the future you like, buy

One thing that has remained, is the 1:400 drama! Happy collecting!
Funny post!! Funny guy!! Lol!!
__________________
Three hole lover
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NG Tristars please: TAP/BWIA/RAF x3/Dragonair White/ATA Tropical/ Caledonian.
JCW MD-11s: Sabena White/ World Airways/Finnair blue tail/ Garuda old colours/City bird; Varig
Tris10&11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:50 AM   #82
Fan of the 3 fans
 
Tris10&11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Sussex
Posts: 375
Default Re: Aeroclassics janauary 2020 releases

Quote:
Originally Posted by RStretton View Post
My acquisitions from January's batch, plus the Tanzanian 767 from last year got on the cheap at Waffle.

I'm quite happy with all four. Shame that the Kenyan rego is wrong but you'd have to be really watching to notice. It also has a slightly bent nosegear, but otherwise a decent trio.

This thread has rather gone down the toilet a bit. I sympathise with both sides to be honest. I would like less errors but I also want AC to continue doing what they do.

January 2020 Aeroclassics Additions by rstretton, on Flickr
I agree fully with Mr Stretton here!! Dark Lord (AK) we love you really!! Even though you're sometimes a bear with a sore head!! Lol! We definitely don't despise your product,otherwise most of us wouldn't have collected lots've your models!! As I've said before,I have many AC models that I cherish and have had in my collection for years and I will never depart with them!
__________________
Three hole lover
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NG Tristars please: TAP/BWIA/RAF x3/Dragonair White/ATA Tropical/ Caledonian.
JCW MD-11s: Sabena White/ World Airways/Finnair blue tail/ Garuda old colours/City bird; Varig
Tris10&11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:39 AM   #83
Senior Collector
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Chesterfield
Posts: 159
Default Re: Aeroclassics janauary 2020 releases

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
Last months Dan Air 748.
Read post #25 from the Gemini thread Al, they do have some. His wife runs ebay store Bundys-boutique and there have been several Dan Air HS748s listed over the past few weeks. I would question ARD again (unless of course he doesn’t speak to the missus)

https://www.diecastaircraftforum.com...-releases.html
Plane crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:00 AM.

Latest Threads
- by Garry77
 

Models of the Week
 



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.