NG Model 737 - DA.C

Go Back   DA.C > Ground Control > 1:400 Scale Model Aircraft

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 06-12-2019, 03:15 PM   #1
Collector

Default NG Model 737

Last week I received the China Southern 737-800 manufactured by NG Models. Although I’ve been nit picky with the mould, it looks like they’ve indeed made some improvements, the mould was near perfect to begin with, but the first thing I noticed right away with the new model is the angle of the main landing gear, the previous models had their main gear perfectly straight up and down, this model has the new gear tilted back very slightly, just as on the prototype, and wow, does it look good !!! Such a minor change, but it really just sets the model off. Also the vertical stabilizer is a little more snug and has the smallest little gap under the rudder, absolutely perfectly executed. I do still think the nose gear is ever so slightly too tall, also still missing the wing tip nub on the winglet version. With those observations said, I’m really glad NG made the minor changes that they have made and it just makes a great model even greater. It’s truly a stunning mould and you would amiss not to have at least one in your collection. A true 99.9 of out of a 100. I look forward to many more 737 models to come. Keep up the excellent work, your attention to detail is amazing. Thank you , ToddCB
P.S. my photos are the worst, but hopefully you get the idea.
ToddCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2019, 03:35 PM   #2
P&W Wasp Major

Default Re: NG Model 737

So, this is Todd's idea of 'just having fun' collecting 1/400 scale diecast airliners. And Todd's close scrutiny to detail exactly mirrors my particular enjoyment of the hobby. If we are currently forking out a minimum of $40 per model (not including shipping/handling charges, also rising), why should we not expect exact scaling and detailing? Different strokes for different folks. We all do indeed enjoy the hobby, but in different ways. Keep 'em flying, Doug
doug seeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 03:40 PM   #3
Insane Collector

Hmm, have they actually corrected the angle or is it possibly a one off? Could have actually been changed...

My biggest observation are what you said as well, the nose gear length is too pronounced. NG have this similar issue with their CRJ200 gear, giving it almost an extended in-flight look. I do think they need to modify the gear for a more accurate ground look.

My second observation, as you also noted, is the 'nub' near the winglets. I don't notice this too much, but given NGs quest for excellence, its doesn't seem out of their wheelhouse to make these changes.
IflyHA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-12-2019, 04:43 PM   #4
Collector

Thank you for your responses, I should have added the main reason I am nit picky with NG is that they listen and seem to be very keen on making the most detailed models ever, and in 1/400 that’s kinda tough to do. And good as their models are, they are already refining their moulds even more , such as the 737, 757 and 787. Seriously who does that ? The moulds were really great to begin with, and they just keep fine tuning them, truly a passionate manufacturer. Anyways, have fun collecting, I certainly am. ToddCB
ToddCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 07:50 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IflyHA View Post
Hmm, have they actually corrected the angle or is it possibly a one off? Could have actually been changed...

My biggest observation are what you said as well, the nose gear length is too pronounced. NG have this similar issue with their CRJ200 gear, giving it almost an extended in-flight look. I do think they need to modify the gear for a more accurate ground look.

My second observation, as you also noted, is the 'nub' near the winglets. I don't notice this too much, but given NGs quest for excellence, its doesn't seem out of their wheelhouse to make these changes.
+1
Billy889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 03:58 AM   #6
Propellor Blade Fetishist

I wonder if NG will, at some point, expand upon the work they have put into this mould by developing a series of different fuselages. Wings, engines, tail surfaces and undercarriage are common across the 737NG family. New fuselage moulds would allow for them to add 600/700 and 900 series examples to their catalogue while retaining use of already extant tooling. Like they are doing with the A330 family, 200/300/700/800/900...
Ty-114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 04:04 AM   #7
Junior Collector

Its brilliant that we've got collectors who care about detail. It enables the manufacturer to up their game for future releases and make any improvements. It also gives them an idea about what there customers think. I myself have the ryanair and KLM retro 737 on order. Keep up the good work.
planeoldwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 01:53 PM   #8
Retired the Hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddCB View Post
It’s truly a stunning mould and you would amiss not to have at least one in your collection. I look forward to many more 737 models to come.
It sure is a great mould indeed but i just wish NG could also make the shorter 737-700 as well..

...that one day I will see many more colorful JC Wings MD-11 models and the long-awaited Gemini 200 TWA twin stripes 727-200!

I always fly America's favorite airline: Southwest Airlines and the World's oldest KLM!

Paris was the greatest city on earth! Vive la France! Tokyo 2020!
Surinam Air 747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 02:16 PM   #9
Junior Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surinam Air 747 View Post
It sure is a great mould indeed but i just wish NG could also make the shorter 737-700 as well..
They probably will get round to it eventually, I would quite like to see a 737-500 winglets and a 737-300 winglets.
planeoldwill is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: