Calibre Wings customer service - DA.C

Go Back   DA.C > Ground Control > Military Model Aircraft

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.
Old 05-03-2020, 03:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Collector

Default Calibre Wings customer service

Am I the only one to have a bad experience with calibre wings ?

I ordered the f14d vf31 tomcatters.... 3 weeks ago.... paid the 50 usd shipping fees (when others sellers ask for 20 30 usd max worldwide shipping)

Situation today is, no News of my buy for more than 2 weeks, calibre wings never reply to my messages asking where is my order !

So you pay 150 usd for the model plus 50 usd shipping, after 2 weeks, no news of your order, and Calibre wings never reply to your messages, but of course they are happy to cash your money

That is too bad, because their f14 it the best on the market
Customer service, there is no customer service, nor customer respect....
Tomcat380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2020, 08:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
Collector

Default Re: Calibre Wings customer service

You are aware that there’s a Worldwide Pandemic Going on?

Everyone’s orders from overseas are taking far longer than normal.
Tker77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 11:14 AM   #3 (permalink)
Collector

Oh really I didn’t know that..
My issue is more about answering to a customer than deliveries delay...
Tomcat380 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-04-2020, 12:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Theme Collector

Team Noel.......

BB😷

Name:  C7556D87-1F31-40F6-BF7E-7F9E6573182F.jpeg
Views: 81
Size:  53.3 KB

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Blues Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 09:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Collector

I ordered an HM product from a HK dealer five weeks ago. It took them two weeks to get it to their postal service, and it's status characterized as "ORIGIN POST IS PREPARING SHIPMENT" for the last three. The dealer in question had been terrific in the past, so I'm fairly certain that the air-freight system has been crippled by the global Coronavirus meltdown. I'll live, but I won't be ordering anything else from HK until things are much improved.
Rudy1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 11:38 AM   #6 (permalink)
Bombcat

If you had anything shipped to you from East Asia via EMS, prepare for significant delays of up to 3-4 months. That notice came down from JapanPost about 2 weeks ago that EMS has been suspended to America and other parts of the world. Since most EMS packages are chartered on commercial flights, everything has ground to a halt right now due to no imbound or outbound flights worldwide thanks to Covid.
BlackAces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 01:42 AM   #7 (permalink)
Master Collector

i would order from US sellers like flying mules if possible to save the trouble of shipping delays
wildpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 01:59 AM   #8 (permalink)
Junior Collector

I ordered a new 1/200 model from hong kong. It got delivered to me in Canada in less than three weeks which i must say was faster than I expected despite the pandemic. The seller shipped it in two days and it arrived in canada within a week. The two week delay was caused by our local courier. But i was impressed!
FAA999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 05:47 AM   #9 (permalink)
The Collector

Their customer service has always been rubbish. Just the other day there telling someone to not follow their FB page because they dared to point out the broken neck on the Su-22.

Saying if their model wasn't up to their standards they shouldn't post, that is almost an admission of the inferior quality of cadWings
Ukrainian_Falcons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 04:34 AM   #10 (permalink)
Too many models! (1500+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackAces View Post
That notice came down from JapanPost about 2 weeks ago that EMS has been suspended to America and other parts of the world.
Just to be clear - you mean to *some* other parts of the world. EMS is working "fine" to the UK as it always does, which is to say that after you factor in the customs delays caused by Parcelforce's antiquated system, it always works out slower and more expensive than sending it via the ... what's it called .. SAL .. i think it is - 6-7 day air service where customs are handled by the much more efficient in this regard rolyal mail. That said, the "6-7 day" sal service seems a bit delayed at the moment.

Typical EMS from japan to UK in normal times:

Day 0 - order placed
Day 1 - item is in the hands of the postal services in japan
Day 2 - item leaves japan
Day 3 - item arrives in the UK
Day 4 - item "presented to customs" in the UK.
Day 5-10 - item in customs in the UK
Day 11 - item "returned from customs" in the UK
Day 12 - parcelforce prints you a letter. they also change the tracking number to a new internal one so you can effectively no longer easily trace your parcel.
Day 13 - parcelforce mails the letter
Day 15 - you get the letter.
Day 15 - you spend 1 hour with their broken website. they print the payment reference number, a 17 digit number, once, in small print, without spaces. their website. their payment systems are usually broken. if you have multiple packages, you have to do each one separately. at the end, you specify the 'next available delivery date' of day 17. parcelforce charges you 12 pounds per parcel for this 'service.'
Day 17 - no package arrives
Day 18 - no package arrives
Day 19 - parcelforce maybe drops off your package.

Typical SAL from japan to the UK:
Day 0 - order placed
Day 1 - item is in the hands of the postal services in japan
Day 3 - item leaves japan
Day 9 - item arrives in the UK
Day 12 - you receive a text message about a customs charge. You click the link and pay it and specify the next available delivery date. Royal Mail chages GBP 8 for this service
Day 13 - you get your parcel

The SAL service is sometimes faster than this. The EMS rarely is.

If you are sending something without customs charges, then EMS is faster. But for anything you buy, never choose EMS if you're in the UK. The reason I know this is because in addition to my hobby buys, a business I am involved in regularly imports from Japan and we have a strange arrangement where we effectively get EMS shipping for free on some heavy (10+ kilo) items that otherwise make no sense to ship via EMS. While most of the items are not time sensitive, in the few times they are, we've put in policies for the guys to actually forego the free EMS and pay for SAL. It's perverse.
FortunateSon is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: