Two part question Virgin, JFK, A350 - DA.C

Go Back   DA.C > Local Control > 1:1 Scale Commercial Aviation
Supported by:

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-20-2019, 01:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Collector

Default Two part question Virgin, JFK, A350

I currently have flights booked SEA/LHR for a NYE trip. I read yesterday that VS will be introducing a new Upper Class cabin on their A350s and they don't have plans currently to refurbish the Upper Class cabin on their 787s. (No surprise given how new they are.) My current itinerary is non-stop on 789s both directions, but I'm actually considering changing one or both flights to connecting fights through JFK just so I can fly on the new A350. It'd cost me an additional $667 to change the reservation, and I'm tempted to do it because I don't know if/when I'll have the opportunity to fly on an A350 especially in business class.

To those of you who've flown the A350, what are your thoughts/opinions? I know for each airline the experience will be different but the aircraft itself will obviously be the same.

Have any of you made connecting flights through JFK? If so, how difficult was it? The flight(s) to/from JFK will be on DL and they utilise Terminals 2 and 4, just as VS.

Thank you for your time and feedback.
KLM4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2019, 07:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Default Re: Two part question Virgin, JFK, A350

you would be much better off posting this question on Airliners.net in the Travel and Poll section. You will get lots of answers. The A350 will be around for a long time so you probably will get a chance to fly business class one day.

Personally, I would never give up a non stop flight for one that connects especially in NYC. What if it snows and you get stuck? You may want to watch Sam Chui's videos he has dozens of 787 and A350 videos posted.
crownvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 08:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Collector

Default Re: Two part question Virgin, JFK, A350

Thanks, CV! The more research I did on the new VS Upper Class cabin - at least on the A350 - I realised the seats are two inches narrower than their current Upper Class seats. I also noticed on the seat map that there will be four seats across instead of the current three and the cabin width is only few inches wider on the A350. (18' vs. 18.4')

Totally forgot about the time of year I'll be traveling. I rarely travel during winter. I guess I'll keep my current reservation!
KLM4me is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: