Gemini Jets on National TV Saturday... - DA.C

Go Back   DA.C > Clearance Delivery > General Squawk Talk

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By doug seeley

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 06-11-2020, 10:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Default Gemini Jets on National TV Saturday...

Latest press release from Gemini Jets:

We are pleased to announce that GeminiJets will be featured on the television series Home Made Simple with Laila Ali this Saturday, June 13 at 9 a.m./8 a.m. Central on the OWN TV channel..

I personally have never seen or heard of this show, but it is my understanding that the host is Mohammed Ali's daughter who was featured on Dancing with the Stars. I believe the story is about her son who is an avid airplane model collector and it will feature a short story about his collecting.
Attached Thumbnails
Gemini Jets on National TV Saturday...-home-made-simple-title-card-2a.jpg  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Real tomato ketchup Eddie?
Nothing but the best! "I don't know why they call this stuff hamburger helper. It does just fine by itself, huh? I like it better than tuna helper myself, don't you, Clark?"
"you're the gourmet around here, Ed!"
crownvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2020, 12:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fazeman

Default Re: Gemini Jets on National TV Saturday...

That sounds exciting Russell. I don't have cable but I'll download the OWN TV app and check out the Home Made Simple show this Saturday.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Steve
Virginia Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 03:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Collector

Not available in the UK. Oh, well, I tried. lol
KLM4me is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-12-2020, 12:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
"Hello Moto"!

Excellent news for the aviation diecast collectors and Gemini Jets! Will definitely try to catch this when it's available to me. I don't have any cable TV, just have Netflix and Amazon Prime at the moment. Thank you to crownvic for sharing this TV programming information on the DAC.

Looking forward to viewing it!
Cheers! T7

T7_4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 04:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
"Hello Moto"!

That is great that the iconic Muhammad Ali's grandson is into aviation diecast collecting! Will be interesting to see his collection of models. Excellent direction with this TV program to introduce folks (young and old) to our hobby of collecting aviation models and also enlighten them with one of the diecast companies (Gemini Jets) that provide collectors with such exceptional models. Regards, T7

T7_4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 05:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Such a small world, when I was growing up as a young lad in the early 70's outside Philadelphia, my parents were offered to buy a sprawling home by a custom home builder. I remember going to see it while under construction..After going back and forth for a few months the negotiations failed and guess who scooped it up?? Muhammad Ali...

Nothing but the best! "I don't know why they call this stuff hamburger helper. It does just fine by itself, huh? I like it better than tuna helper myself, don't you, Clark?"
Old 06-13-2020, 10:08 AM   #7 (permalink)
Super Moderator

For those that missed the show, you did not miss much..Mohammad Ali's grandson collects planes and home decorators were asked to come in and redo his playroom. Gemini Jets was mentioned and thanked as they donated a complete airport terminal set as part of the redesign. Funny, when the showed the airport the models had their logos blanked out..

Old 06-16-2020, 01:37 AM   #8 (permalink)
Threeve

Quote:
Originally Posted by crownvic View Post
For those that missed the show, you did not miss much..Mohammad Ali's grandson collects planes and home decorators were asked to come in and redo his playroom. Gemini Jets was mentioned and thanked as they donated a complete airport terminal set as part of the redesign. Funny, when the showed the airport the models had their logos blanked out..
Even funnier; Gemini Jets donated a complete airport terminal set to a rich kid. GMAFB.
dylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 06:34 AM   #9 (permalink)
P&W Wasp Major

Watched it - puff piece. And Mohammad Ali - As an adolescent who came of age in the 1960's, I didn't think much of him and his anti-Vietnam war stance - I put he and Jane Fondle in the same boat, and GI Jane remains on my persona-non-Grata list and I won't watch her movies. Ali, on the other hand, has become a different person for me. Sometime in the '80s I was dropping my wife off at Dulles Airport, and sitting against the vast glass facade was The Man himself - I greeted him, he was quite responsive and very pleasant. I came to respect and admire him, he was resolute in his beliefs and took his licks. Great man. Enuf, Doug
snowghost likes this.

Last edited by doug seeley; 06-16-2020 at 06:59 AM.
doug seeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 10:44 AM   #10 (permalink)
sometimes Zathras

.... I watched it. Didn't blink at the right times and saw the boy's airport. Didn't think much of the decor, but Laila Ali is always pleasant to behold (she would hold my interest more than model airplanes).
Dave (not redoing my house)
Old 06-16-2020, 09:26 PM   #11 (permalink)
SVN4TSVN

My late Mom used to just LOVE Muhammad Ali. She would always cheer when he won and was upset when he lost. I became a fan because of her.

Rockybudgeboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 08:53 AM   #12 (permalink)
Junior Collector

Shoot, I missed it by a month. Oh well.
somebody is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: