DIMA forum and database - DA.C

Go Back   DA.C > Clearance Delivery > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-30-2020, 05:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
Master Collector

Default DIMA forum and database

Is anybody else having difficulty in accessing the DIMA website?

Since Saturday (27Jun) for me it has got slower and slower to load a page. Then since Monday (yesterday) all I get is a 'time out' message telling me the site is taking too long to respond. That's after waiting an age for something to happen.

I just tried again this morning and it is the same. At first I thought it might be my internet connection until I found that other websites loaded just fine.

It's a bit worrying.
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2020, 05:38 AM   #2 (permalink)
Complete Wacko!

Default Re: DIMA forum and database

I have been unable to log in these last months ...

I give up.

Discussions on the forum were very limited but the data base was great ...

Jean Pierre.
AIR FRANCE 340 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 06:24 AM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Collector

Hi Dave,

as I had same problem the week before I have contacted the OPS Manager there as access by mobile phone and business laptop of my wife was possible but not with my for the access usually used business laptop after the move of the DiMA server some days before.

When was your last visit there before the currently seen problems?

"new server IPs generally only take 24 hours to propagate, but in some instances, it can take longer. Sounds like your providers doesn't have the newest IP information yet. If you can do a nslookup the IP address should be 23.111.161.170"

I had these problems from 19.-22.6. but then on 22.6. surprisingly I could access the page also with my laptop again.

Best regards,

Wolfgang
wolfi1963 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-30-2020, 09:39 AM   #4 (permalink)
Master Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfi1963 View Post
as I had same problem the week before I have contacted the OPS Manager there as access by mobile phone and business laptop of my wife was possible but not with my for the access usually used business laptop after the move of the DiMA server some days before.

When was your last visit there before the currently seen problems?

"new server IPs generally only take 24 hours to propagate, but in some instances, it can take longer. Sounds like your providers doesn't have the newest IP information yet. If you can do a nslookup the IP address should be 23.111.161.170"

I had these problems from 19.-22.6. but then on 22.6. surprisingly I could access the page also with my laptop again.
Hello Wolfgang
Thank you for your reply. It all sounds too technical for my ability. I have no idea what a 'nslookup' is! But if I understand you correctly, it may eventually fix itself. I will keep trying.
The problem started in the middle of last week, about 5-6 days ago and seemed to get worse. I saw on the DIMA forum (in the technical and database problems thread) that they were moving to a new host or server or something like that and that some minor problems may be encountered. At the same time I was having some internet service problems because of some thunderstorm activity earlier in the week. So initially I thought that was the problem. Gradually as last week progressed, DIMA got worse and everything else got better.
Meanwhile I'll try on my mobile phone and iPad.
Old 06-30-2020, 11:55 AM   #5 (permalink)
Master Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfi1963 View Post
If you can do a nslookup the IP address should be 23.111.161.170"
I did not do a nslookup because, after googling it, the results were asking questions I didn't understand.

Entering 'dima diecast model aircraft' into a search engine gave some results but clicking on them brought up the same 'connection time out' after a long delay. Presumably the search engine did not have the new ip address.

I entered http://23.111.161.170/ because I remember from a long time ago that it was an alternative way of entering a website address. I got the same 'connection time out' after a long delay.

Can someone (Wolfgang?) send me a link that is working so I can change my bookmark please? Maybe that will do it for me.
Old 06-30-2020, 12:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
Junior Collector

Hi All!
The good news is, Dima is up and running with full functionality. It is true that on June 15 we moved to a new server; the name server resolutions should have propagated through the world by now. If you are still having issues connecting, please use the contact us link on our page and include any errors you are seeing, username, email, and IP address. We've implemented a host of new security features to prevent spam, SQL injection hacks, and other malicious attempts to gain illegal or unauthorized access to the server. Sometimes regular activity can trigger a false positive.

In the upcoming months, we plan to upgrade the forums and re-write part of the database to be compatible with more secure versions of PHP.

We understand you have a choice in available model databases and thank you for your support!

-DiMa Ops Manager
DiecastModelAircraft.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 01:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
Master Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiecastModelAircraft.com View Post
The good news is, Dima is up and running with full functionality.
Well, lo and behold, when I checked just a moment ago, up popped the database and the forum also. Yay!
Thank you to the DIMA team.
I wonder if my post here moved things along. Probably not, just coincidental timing I expect!
Old 06-30-2020, 01:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
Junior Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkgdave View Post
Well, lo and behold, when I checked just a moment ago, up popped the database and the forum also. Yay!
Thank you to the DIMA team.
I wonder if my post here moved things along. Probably not, just coincidental timing I expect!

Its quite possible you had tripped our firewall and your IP was put on a block list. Failed logins or other attempts to do things can give false positives that put your ip address in "timeout" if you will. Enjoy the site.
DiecastModelAircraft.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 10:04 AM   #9 (permalink)
Junior Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiecastModelAircraft.com View Post
Its quite possible you had tripped our firewall and your IP was put on a block list. Failed logins or other attempts to do things can give false positives that put your ip address in "timeout" if you will. Enjoy the site.
Thank you to the DIMA team
RonaldMiller is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: