Original Vought XF4U Corsair Prototype - DA.C

Go Back   DA.C > Ground Control > Military Model Aircraft

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.
Old 01-09-2020, 09:51 PM   #1
Experienced Facilitator

Default Original Vought XF4U Corsair Prototype

Ah, the NEW YEAR!
I scored a pair of Vought factory Models from a collector in Connecticut early last year. One is an ashtray and one was an unfinished rough casting from aluminum. I am using the ashtray model as a reference to finish the aluminum one. This aluminum version is getting close and now features a cast aluminum engine (Pratt-Whitney), prop (Hamilton-Standard) and of course the model (Vought-Sikorsky) all doing business under UNITED AIRCRAFT in 1940.
In addition, it also features a ball-mount swivel in the belly so the model may be positionable. The stand is made from the same style vintage components that Vought used pre-war. That is a cast iron base with a cast aluminum support arm. The model will eventually be painted in the pre-war Navy Test scheme with chrome yellow wings and red engine. The base will either have a vintage "Vought Aircraft" enamel badge or a badge from United Aircraft.
I am happy to answer any questions on the project.
Regards,
Tom (Sandman Overhaul)
Attached Thumbnails
Original Vought XF4U Corsair Prototype-a1a.jpg   Original Vought XF4U Corsair Prototype-a7.jpg   Original Vought XF4U Corsair Prototype-d5.jpg   Original Vought XF4U Corsair Prototype-xf4u-1-corsair-navy-fighter-2.jpg  
sandmanoverhaul is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: