Choose between HM and CW F-14 - DA.C

Go Back   DA.C > Ground Control > Military Model Aircraft

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 1.00 average.
Old 10-24-2019, 06:40 AM   #1
Junior Collector

Default Choose between HM and CW F-14

It has been discussed here over and over and most likely people will say go Century Wings than Hobby Master. I'm struggling to choose between the 3 models though because they're all the same price so just checking your opinion which one is better

CW Diamond Backs
HM Mig Killer
HM Fighting Checkmates

The FC looks really cool but I am worried that the mold might be bad because it's one of the first F-14 release of HM. Or not?

The MIG killer 5207 is cool too because of the real history about it.

CW is cool because it is CW.

Thoughts?
pengmalups is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2019, 11:08 AM   #2
Too many models! (1500+)

Default Re: Choose between HM and CW F-14

Quote:
Originally Posted by pengmalups View Post
CW Diamond Backs
HM Mig Killer
HM Fighting Checkmates
everybody has their own taste, but i'd rate the first two near the bottom of
the attractiveness scale.

fighting checkmates i think is reasonably (though not outstandingly) attractive. there was some talk of some early mould issues with that one but i dont remember now what it was. what is a pity is to buy that now since it used to sell very cheaply and now prices have gone up.

so, let me ask you another way - have you looked into calibre wings? if i were only to get one tomcat, i'd give those a think. or, if only one tomcat is in your future, how about the upcoming hobbymaster sundowners one? should be great and obtainable at a good pre-order price from a retailer near you.
FortunateSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 12:28 PM   #3
Junior Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by FortunateSon View Post

fighting checkmates i think is reasonably (though not outstandingly) attractive. there was some talk of some early mould issues with that one but i dont remember now what it was. what is a pity is to buy that now since it used to sell very cheaply and now prices have gone up.

so, let me ask you another way - have you looked into calibre wings? if i were only to get one tomcat, i'd give those a think. or, if only one tomcat is in your future, how about the upcoming hobbymaster sundowners one? should be great and obtainable at a good pre-order price from a retailer near you.
thanks for the feedback. we do not have calibre wings here. no distributor. cal-wings are a bit pricey too. I'm not really planning to collect a lot and just want to get couple of models for display. I already have a CW AJ202. It was a bit traumatic because almost all of the armaments won't fit correctly. But I see around that CWs are very popular and they say it's hard to find (maybe to some). I also have few HMs but not the 14s. They're basic and nice too. So far they're very much ok for me but I don't see a lot in YT buying HM 14s.

What do you mean you rate the 2 near bottom of attractive scale?

Old 10-24-2019, 01:50 PM   #4
Junior Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by FortunateSon View Post

Oh I get what you're saying now. So attractiveness level the first two aren't that attractive. Yeah the MIG Killer is really dull but only good history behind it. The CW Diamond Back is like a default CW option for me. We don't have many choices for CW. We only have AJ203 and Black Aces. I didn't like the Black Aces because that's the landing mode version so the wings won't move.

No actual photos for sundowners yet so not sure if it will look good. I'm actually looking for a gray 14 because my AJ202 is already white/light colored.

I'll probably target the HA5201 instead but hopefully the mould isn't bad.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: