SR-71 "Charlie's Problem" - any information? - DA.C

Go Back   DA.C > Local Control > 1:1 Scale Military Aviation

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-24-2019, 07:29 PM   #1
Insane Collector

Default SR-71 "Charlie's Problem" - any information?

Although I only collect civil special liveries in 1:400 and 1:200 I couldn't resist buying a model of my favorite aircraft. I got the SR-71 "Charlie's Problem" in 1:72.

Unfortunately I couldn't find much information about this special one. The only thing I found:

Aircraft #61-7972 rolled off the assembly line on September 15ht, 1966 and first flew on December 12th, 1966. Over the next 23 years, it flew numerous missions with the 9th Strategic Recconaissance Wing, eventually racking up 2801.1 flight hours. In 1974 it set the world speed record flying from New York to London in 1 hour, 54 minutes, 56 seconds and then later in 1980 set another record flying from Los Angeles to Washington DC in 1 hour, 7 minutes. While operational in 1975, it wore tail art depicting the Peanuts cartoon character, Lucy, appearing to be very pregnant, above the words "Charlie's Problem". This aircraft is currently on display at the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center in Chantilly, Virginia.

Does anyone have more information?

B777-224/ER Peter Max
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rudi is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: