What about Premium Models - DA.C
 

Go Back   DA.C > Ground Control > Other Scales & Antique Models

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-13-2019, 06:53 PM   #1
Junior Collector
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 24
Default What about Premium Models

Please your opinions about this brand? Mostly 1/100 is what i see on webshops.. They seem very good quality?
Procar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-14-2019, 07:00 AM   #2
Enjoy The Sky
 
MSR777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 6,376
Default Re: What about Premium Models

I’ve got a couple of these, an Egyptair 737-800 and an Aeromexico MD80. Until recently I also had the 737-900 in the retro Continental livery, and the MD80 in Alaska colours. They’re very nice models. My only criticism is that you only have the gear down option, other than that they’re well worth the price.

Neil.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Behold! The Wings of Horus" Miṣr liṭ-Ṭayarān
MSR777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 07:48 AM   #3
Junior Collector
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 24
Default Re: What about Premium Models

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSR777 View Post
I’ve got a couple of these, an Egyptair 737-800 and an Aeromexico MD80. Until recently I also had the 737-900 in the retro Continental livery, and the MD80 in Alaska colours. They’re very nice models. My only criticism is that you only have the gear down option, other than that they’re well worth the price.

Neil.
I'm afraid i don't understand what you mean with "only gear down option"
Procar is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 12-14-2019, 07:24 PM   #4
Master Collector
 
airlineguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 3,889
Default Re: What about Premium Models

A few 1/100 Scale Premium Desk Top Display Models Shown Below:






Last edited by airlineguy; 12-14-2019 at 07:24 PM. Reason: word typo
airlineguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 06:53 AM   #5
Enjoy The Sky
 
MSR777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 6,376
Default Re: What about Premium Models

Quote:
Originally Posted by Procar View Post
I'm afraid i don't understand what you mean with "only gear down option"
My mistake, I was referring to Skymarks Supreme models. Total error on my part, must be old age

Neil.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Behold! The Wings of Horus" Miṣr liṭ-Ṭayarān
MSR777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 09:34 AM   #6
Junior Collector
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 10
Default Re: What about Premium Models

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSR777 View Post
My mistake, I was referring to Skymarks Supreme models. Total error on my part, must be old age

Neil.
It's me, Procar, now SteveSteven, problem with login/passwords...

No prob but what did you mean with "gear down option"??
SteveSteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 09:35 AM   #7
Junior Collector
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 10
Default Re: What about Premium Models

Quote:
Originally Posted by airlineguy View Post
A few 1/100 Scale Premium Desk Top Display Models Shown Below:





Very, very nice models!! Love them!
SteveSteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 10:02 AM   #8
Junior Collector
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 10
Default Re: What about Premium Models

I think i know what you mean, the landing gear is always down with the Skymarks supreme models?
SteveSteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 10:47 AM   #9
Enjoy The Sky
 
MSR777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 6,376
Default Re: What about Premium Models

Yes, the fact that the gear is fixed in the down position on those Skymarks Supreme models of single aisle types is something that’s always irritated me a little. The larger 1/100 Skymarks Supreme models of the A380, A350 have the option for gear up on them. I have the BA A380 and it looks much nicer with no gear dangling underneath it.

Neil.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Behold! The Wings of Horus" Miṣr liṭ-Ṭayarān
MSR777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 12:37 PM   #10
Junior Collector
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 10
Default Re: What about Premium Models

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSR777 View Post
Yes, the fact that the gear is fixed in the down position on those Skymarks Supreme models of single aisle types is something that’s always irritated me a little. The larger 1/100 Skymarks Supreme models of the A380, A350 have the option for gear up on them. I have the BA A380 and it looks much nicer with no gear dangling underneath it.

Neil.
So with the option do you mean you have the choice to put the landing gear on or not? And when you don't isn't there an opening where the gear is suppose to come that is visible the whole time?
SteveSteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 12:47 PM   #11
Junior Collector
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 10
Default Re: What about Premium Models

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSR777 View Post
Yes, the fact that the gear is fixed in the down position on those Skymarks Supreme models of single aisle types is something that’s always irritated me a little. The larger 1/100 Skymarks Supreme models of the A380, A350 have the option for gear up on them. I have the BA A380 and it looks much nicer with no gear dangling underneath it.

Neil.
Wauw those 1:100 Skymark Models look so big

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n67lcM2JMLE
SteveSteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 05:30 PM   #12
Enjoy The Sky
 
MSR777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 6,376
Default Re: What about Premium Models

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSteven View Post
So with the option do you mean you have the choice to put the landing gear on or not? And when you don't isn't there an opening where the gear is suppose to come that is visible the whole time?
The A380s and 350s have gear doors which you snap into place flush, covering the attachment points for the gear, so no openings showing at all. Works well. My BA 380 even came with a little ‘tool’ to assist in removing the gear doors should you change you’re mind and want to go ‘gear down’ instead.

Neil.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Behold! The Wings of Horus" Miṣr liṭ-Ṭayarān
MSR777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 06:21 PM   #13
Junior Collector
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 10
Default Re: What about Premium Models

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSR777 View Post
The A380s and 350s have gear doors which you snap into place flush, covering the attachment points for the gear, so no openings showing at all. Works well. My BA 380 even came with a little ‘tool’ to assist in removing the gear doors should you change you’re mind and want to go ‘gear down’ instead.

Neil.
That's clear, thanks for this information Neil!!
SteveSteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 04:13 AM   #14
Enjoy The Sky
 
MSR777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 6,376
Default Re: What about Premium Models

Anytime my friend.

Neil.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Behold! The Wings of Horus" Miṣr liṭ-Ṭayarān
MSR777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 09:06 AM   #15
Junior Collector
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 10
Default Re: What about Premium Models

Are the 1:100 Premium Models in one piece or are these snap-on models?
Anyone have a picture from a Premium Models box?
SteveSteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 11:03 AM   #16
Super Moderator
 
crownvic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Orlando FL
Posts: 10,457
Default Re: What about Premium Models

The A380's no longer come with closed door pieces, so if you display the model sans gear, there will be openings.

All Skymark Supreme models are push fit regardless of scale or model type.
crownvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 11:53 AM   #17
Junior Collector
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 10
Default

But are Premium models push fit?
SteveSteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 01:39 PM   #18
Junior Collector
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 10
Default Re: What about Premium Models

Quote:
Originally Posted by airlineguy View Post
A few 1/100 Scale Premium Desk Top Display Models Shown Below:





Airlineguy, maybe you can tell me if these models have fit-on wings?
SteveSteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 07:06 PM   #19
Master Collector
 
airlineguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 3,889
Default Re: What about Premium Models

Hello,

Yes indeed. They usually detach from the fuselage and they also usually come in a foam padded model box.

Hope that this information helps.

airlineguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 08:00 PM   #20
Junior Collector
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 10
Default Re: What about Premium Models

Quote:
Originally Posted by airlineguy View Post
Hello,

Yes indeed. They usually detach from the fuselage and they also usually come in a foam padded model box.

Hope that this information helps.

Absolutely, thanks for that!

If i have to choose between Premium Models and LHS Models (which i think they come in one piece?) what's the best choice in quality/looks?

Last edited by SteveSteven; 01-02-2020 at 08:17 PM.
SteveSteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:23 AM.

Latest Threads
- by JagT747
 

Models of the Week
 



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.