DA.C

DA.C (https://www.diecastaircraftforum.com/)
-   Other Scales & Antique Models (https://www.diecastaircraftforum.com/other-scales-antique-models/)
-   -   Latest Addition To My Wardair Collection (https://www.diecastaircraftforum.com/other-scales-antique-models/286050-latest-addition-my-wardair-collection.html)

Skythings 12-16-2017 08:19 PM

Latest Addition To My Wardair Collection
 
1 Attachment(s)
Thanks to a member on this site I have now added my latest addition to my Wardair collection. You may have seen the earlier post about the Wardair PACMIN 1:100 scale B747.

I was fortunate to be able to acquire that model to my collection. Spent 6 hours driving to pick it up. Very glad that I did. Many thanks to speedbirdguy.

I had no room in my display cabinet when I got it home so I picked up a small glass display cabinet for free on Kijiji and built a base for it. It needs refinishing when the outside weather warms up. Now my collection has now moved into two rooms. Something I swore I would not do. But this model was worth it.

I moved all my Wardair collectibles into the case which is now my Wardair Shrine.

My website is undergoing a revamp so please excuse any broken links or unformatted pages. Here is the link to the model on my site. This page should be working fine.

Wardair B747 CF-FUN Vintage Pacific Minatures Model | Skythings.ca

Kitty Hawk 1903 12-16-2017 10:19 PM

Re: Latest Addition To My Wardair Collection
 
Great display. I only flew them twice,Vancouver-Honolulu(747),Vancouver-Toronto. (A310) They made me feel like a member of the royal family. Great food,when it was dessert time,they came around with a trolley,that had full cakes on it. Whatever you wanted,they would cut you a piece. Small,large,it didn't matter. If they were still around today,they would be up with the heavy weights of customer service. If not,at the top. I still miss them.

stratoliner 12-17-2017 03:26 AM

Re: Latest Addition To My Wardair Collection
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skythings (Post 2539290)
Thanks to a member on this site I have now added my latest addition to my Wardair collection. You may have seen the earlier post about the Wardair PACMIN 1:100 scale B747.

I was fortunate to be able to acquire that model to my collection. Spent 6 hours driving to pick it up. Very glad that I did. Many thanks to speedbirdguy.

I had no room in my display cabinet when I got it home so I picked up a small glass display cabinet for free on Kijiji and built a base for it. It needs refinishing when the outside weather warms up. Now my collection has now moved into two rooms. Something I swore I would not do. But this model was worth it.

I moved all my Wardair collectibles into the case which is now my Wardair Shrine.

My website is undergoing a revamp so please excuse any broken links or unformatted pages. Here is the link to the model on my site. This page should be working fine.

Wardair B747 CF-FUN Vintage Pacific Minatures Model | Skythings.ca

Spectacular collection! Those paper items are rare as well as fragile, and id recommend protecting them in mylar bags or sleeves to help against air and light exposure.

I collect air india items and have all my rare timetables, brochures, and original photos in poly bags and secured in binders in a dark drawer. They will not see light unless i get them in UV resistant mylar bags and acid free backing!

MSR777 12-17-2017 05:26 AM

Re: Latest Addition To My Wardair Collection
 
Thatís a wonderful example of why this forum is so good to be a member of. Fellow collectors helping others to get to own that holy grail model, Iíve benefited from that often.

Thatís a very nice collection there. I have a similar mix of both models and paper items based on my ĎadoptedĒ airline Egyptair. I never flew with Wardair, but back in the mid 80s working as a desparcher I used to handle both their DC10 and 747 flights. Very pleasant and professional crews.

Thanks for taking the time to show the collection here.

Neil.

Skythings 12-17-2017 12:11 PM

Re: Latest Addition To My Wardair Collection
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by stratoliner (Post 2539434)
Spectacular collection! Those paper items are rare as well as fragile, and id recommend protecting them in mylar bags or sleeves to help against air and light exposure.

I collect air india items and have all my rare timetables, brochures, and original photos in poly bags and secured in binders in a dark drawer. They will not see light unless i get them in UV resistant mylar bags and acid free backing!

Thank you for the advice stratoliner. My original intention was to have the seating plans properly framed below an image of each aircraft. I would of course have it done with acid free UV protective glass when or if I finally do it. My home has one room where I hang light sensitive watercolour artwork. There is no direct sunlight and very little indirect sun. Thats the room this display is in.

What you say is of course very correct. I think what I will do is take them to a professional copy establishment and have some excellent reproductions made for the display and as you suggested, I will get the originals under plastic in the dark.
They are too rare to damage. Thank you.

Skythings 12-17-2017 09:03 PM

Re: Latest Addition To My Wardair Collection
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MSR777 (Post 2539458)
Thatís a wonderful example of why this forum is so good to be a member of. Fellow collectors helping others to get to own that holy grail model, Iíve benefited from that often.

Thatís a very nice collection there. I have a similar mix of both models and paper items based on my ĎadoptedĒ airline Egyptair. I never flew with Wardair, but back in the mid 80s working as a desparcher I used to handle both their DC10 and 747 flights. Very pleasant and professional crews.

Thanks for taking the time to show the collection here.

Neil.

Most of my best pieces are with the help of others from this site. I highly recommend it.

We all have our "adopted" airlines. Wardair is my favourite because everything about them was positive. As a passenger it was an experience from beginning to end. Mr. Ward was very hands on and a pleasant man to work for if your were competent. He insisted on only the best wine, food. The best prime steak for everyone. Every seat was first class with real linen, dishes, cutlery. Here is a Youtube documentary well worth taking the 50 minutes to watch and learn about the airline.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChU8yEzvbhc

I have had the pleasure of meeting him on two occasions. The last time was on the ramp at the YYC Shell FBO where he was piloting his own Challenger Jet.

Kitty Hawk 1903 12-17-2017 10:06 PM

Re: Latest Addition To My Wardair Collection
 
2 Attachment(s)
I think I may have a: "Happiness is a flight on a Wardair DC-10" sticker? Douglas made these promo stickers for many DC-9 & DC-10 customers. If I still have it,you can have it NC. I have several boxes with stickers,postcards,you name it. I sent a collector in Italy many of my DC-10 stickers. I can't remember if the Wardair example was one of them? Stay tuned. Sorry,I got the text wrong. The Wardair and ANZ stickers I speak of.

speedbirdguy 12-18-2017 12:40 AM

Re: Latest Addition To My Wardair Collection
 
It looks great with the other 2, glad it’s in a good home. Enjoy!

airlineguy 12-19-2017 04:16 PM

Re: Latest Addition To My Wardair Collection
 
Hi Noel,

The 747 is a great addition to your collection.

Pics & website look great.

Thanks for posting the pics & link.

:)

Marry Christmas.

Regards, Robert

Skythings 12-20-2017 06:23 PM

Re: Latest Addition To My Wardair Collection
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by airlineguy (Post 2540554)
Hi Noel,

The 747 is a great addition to your collection.

Pics & website look great.

Thanks for posting the pics & link.

:)

Marry Christmas.

Regards, Robert


Thank you Robert for the nice words. I started the website revamp last week after my original files were corrupted after a computer crash and then after migrating the backed up files over to my new computer. The website update was badly needed just not expected to be at it at this time. It's a ton of work. I'm averaging about 10 pages per day.

I'm very grateful for the B747. As a whole the Wardair collection is now quite special to me.

Merry Christmas!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.