HA9502 Su-30SM, Blue 77, Russian Navy - DA.C
 

Go Back   DA.C > Ground Control > Military Model Aircraft

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Ladia
  • 1 Post By Adour
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-26-2021, 07:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Collector
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 1,315
Default HA9502 Su-30SM, Blue 77, Russian Navy

Many say this is one of the most beautiful SU-30SM schemes:



But on top of the big danger that HM can omit the air brake on their SU-30SM mold ... and rob HM SU-30SM of one of the most beautiful and most significant SU-30SM features,
(more on this here: https://www.diecastaircraftforum.com/2849316-post3.html


... and now there´s also definitely wrong paint division line on the nose.
On above HM artwork, the nose paint division line is practically straight and horizontal, and only very hi-res image shows there is a slight "triangle" intended to paint.


But the truth is, that this triangle should be 3x-4x more inclined / more visible than on HM artwork - there is NO Flanker scheme with such an agressively sloped down paint division line in the front as these Navy SU-30SMs, which have the aubergine paint sloped down even more than is the nose droop!


Its worrying that HM artist can´t see such an obvious and brutal angle - actually the most brutal angle in the whole Flanker family ever.


"Its only an artwork"? Yes - so its the best time to inform HM. Waiting to inform Hobby Master only after releasing Pre-pros is from the experience much too late.











Tris10&11 and Carlo4 like this.
Ladia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-27-2021, 04:24 AM   #2 (permalink)
Jaded Collector
 
Adour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Home at last, crewing can s¥€<%#*
Posts: 654
Default Re: HA9502 Su-30SM, Blue 77, Russian Navy

I’ve had a reply back from William that the division line will be corrected, so fingers crossed.
Ladia likes this.
Adour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 07:23 AM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
Carlo4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Posts: 332
Default Re: HA9502 Su-30SM, Blue 77, Russian Navy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adour View Post
I’ve had a reply back from William that the division line will be corrected, so fingers crossed.
Nice work Adour!
Carlo4 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 10-14-2021, 09:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
Collector
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 1,315
Default Re: HA9502 Su-30SM, Blue 77, Russian Navy

https://hobbymastercollector.com/wp-...-01-scaled.jpg





Will be interesting to see if Hobbymaster won´t forget to paint the front "triangle" with correct droop between HA9501 and HA9502 production. As for now, they did forget.
(Not that the correct paint would much improve this model crippled by deleting the air brake .... )











Last edited by Ladia; 10-14-2021 at 09:32 PM.
Ladia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 03:02 AM   #5 (permalink)
Jaded Collector
 
Adour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Home at last, crewing can s¥€<%#*
Posts: 654
Default Re: HA9502 Su-30SM, Blue 77, Russian Navy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladia View Post
https://hobbymastercollector.com/wp-...-01-scaled.jpg





Will be interesting to see if Hobbymaster won´t forget to paint the front "triangle" with correct droop between HA9501 and HA9502 production. As for now, they did forget.
(Not that the correct paint would much improve this model crippled by deleting the air brake .... )
I’d like to say I’m surprised, but no, I can’t actually say that at all. Time for another, probably pointless email. Thing is, HM is really resistant to painting this part of their Fulcrums and Flankers correctly. Every time I explain it I get a “now I understand, we’ll do it this time”, and then the next time we go through the entire fruitless loop again. I’m losing interest.

I’m surprised no-one’s complained about the lack of periscopic ironmongery in the front canopy. That’s pretty obvious in its absence.
Adour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 05:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
Collector
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 1,315
Default Re: HA9502 Su-30SM, Blue 77, Russian Navy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adour View Post
Thing is, HM is really resistant to painting this part of their Fulcrums and Flankers correctly.
Well, not always as you can see:




Quote:
Originally Posted by Adour View Post
I’m surprised no-one’s complained about the lack of periscopic ironmongery in the front canopy. That’s pretty obvious in its absence.
Absolutely true, but - at least from my side - 3 reasons:

1. Even in the wildest dreams cannot imagine someone could really force Hobby Master to add the "periscopic ironmongery" to the model. Effort to make models correctly just isn´t in Hobby Masters´ own nature.

2. Some time ago I was trying to lobby for adding a rear view mirror to HA19025 Iranian F-4E Phantom, which is probably even more obvious - but zero interest and of course, zero result.

3. With the deleted air brake, this mold lost all attractivity for me anyway.
Ladia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 05:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
Jaded Collector
 
Adour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Home at last, crewing can s¥€<%#*
Posts: 654
Default Re: HA9502 Su-30SM, Blue 77, Russian Navy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladia View Post
Well, not always as you can see:


Yes, they’ve managed that three or four times (?), which makes the general failure even more mystifying. I’ve never really worked out the process at HM whereby they seem to “forget” things between releases. It really does cast you in the role of nagging wife.

“Honey did you remember to paint the demarcation line correctly this time? Have you included the correct weapons this time? Have you corrected the pilot’s rank this time? Can remember to paint the whole anti-glare panel this time please not just 80% of it? Can you please paint the serial number straight this time, the neighbours keep laughing?”

And so it goes on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladia View Post

Absolutely true, but - at least from my side - 3 reasons:

1. Even in the wildest dreams cannot imagine someone could really force Hobby Master to add the "periscopic ironmongery" to the model. Effort to make models correctly just isn´t in Hobby Masters´ own nature.

2. Some time ago I was trying to lobby for adding a rear view mirror to HA19025 Iranian F-4E Phantom, which is probably even more obvious - but zero interest and of course, zero result.
Yeah, I tried the mirrors thing on the Greek and Iranian Phantoms. As you say, not a hope. I haven’t bothered on the Su-30SM, clearly it would be a waste of time.

Adour is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:36 PM.

Latest Threads
- by dylan
 

Models of the Week
 



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.