Hobbymaster APRIL 2021 RELEASES! - DA.C
 

Go Back   DA.C > Ground Control > Military Model Aircraft

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Carlo4
  • 1 Post By Silversmok3
  • 2 Post By plane737
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-13-2021, 03:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Complete Wacko!
 
robertjon5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: united kingdom
Posts: 11,445
Default Hobbymaster APRIL 2021 RELEASES!

oh look, another IRIAF F-14 BLUE. Apologies for large picture. the forum re-sizer is up schitt creek!

__________________
I BUY WHAT I LIKE. AND LIKE WHAT I BUY!!!

Last edited by robertjon5; 01-13-2021 at 03:37 PM.
robertjon5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-13-2021, 03:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master Collector
 
Umpire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Calgary - AB
Posts: 603
Default Re: Hobbymaster APRIL 2021 RELEASES!

We are totally flooded of tomcats and f-16s
__________________
You're out!
Umpire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 05:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
It's Only Money
 
Fusion Monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 89
Default Re: Hobbymaster APRIL 2021 RELEASES!

Nothing of interest for me there, it seems. The wallet and wife will be happy.
__________________
Ours is not to question why, ours is but to pass or buy.
Fusion Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 01-13-2021, 07:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Theme Collector
 
Blues Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,930
Default Re: Hobbymaster APRIL 2021 RELEASES!

Nada...

Besides, I’m nearing the end of my diecast aircraft collecting days.

I have a couple of previous pre-orders to still be filled, and that should be about it.

I’ve closed out the following themes:

Blue Angels
Richthofen/Hartmann
Jolly Rogers
Black Bunny

World Acrobatic Teams Aircraft

BB😷
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Blues Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 09:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
It's Only Money
 
Fusion Monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 89
Default Re: Hobbymaster APRIL 2021 RELEASES!

Are you sure, BB?? You never know what might be released next!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg XF-70.jpg (181.1 KB, 19 views)
__________________
Ours is not to question why, ours is but to pass or buy.
Fusion Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 11:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
Theme Collector
 
Blues Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,930
Default Re: Hobbymaster APRIL 2021 RELEASES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusion Monkey View Post
Are you sure, BB?? You never know what might be released next!
Not a bad looking fantasy.....

Alas, it’s been mentioned somewhere (in the real world) no F-35’s cause it’s tooooooooooo expensive.

The Blues reign will end with the Super Hornet and go no further....so it appears.

Here’s an article about the Blues getting their first Super Hornet.....which I have previously on pre-order made by JC Wings.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/...t-upgrade.html

https://www.flyingmule.com/products/JC-JCW-72-F18-009

BB
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Blues Boy; 01-13-2021 at 11:41 PM.
Blues Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 12:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
Retired the Hobby
 
Surinam Air 747's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 3,692
Default Re: Hobbymaster APRIL 2021 RELEASES!

Nothing new for me as well.. but it had me thinking why could we not see a Brazilian Air Force F-5 Tiger next time!
Attached Thumbnails
Hobbymaster APRIL 2021 RELEASES!-1280px-aeronaves_-gata_7_-8780125771-.jpg  
__________________
I WANT TO BELIEVE...

...that one day I will see many more colorful JC Wings MD-11 models and the long-awaited Gemini 200 TWA twin stripes 727-200!

I always fly America's favorite airline: Southwest Airlines and the World's oldest KLM!

Paris was the greatest city on earth! Vive la France! Tokyo 2020!
Surinam Air 747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 01:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
Too many models! (1500+)
 
FortunateSon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Honiara
Posts: 2,375
Default Re: Hobbymaster APRIL 2021 RELEASES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surinam Air 747 View Post
Nothing new for me as well.. but it had me thinking why could we not see a Brazilian Air Force F-5 Tiger next time!
This might actually happen at some point, as a minor release. Cant see that much interest in it, but they have to make use of the mould.

For me, the 2 T-6s and the F4F.

Meanwhile, while not criticizing any collector's choice, I continue to be absolutely baffled why anybody would want to collect russian aircraft that participated in the syrian conflict. To me, its like having a monument to war crimes on your shelf. I understand collecting russian aircraft in general just like i understand collecting nazi or any other regime's aircraft in general, but having interest in the ones from the syrian conflict in particular where they did nothing honourable, fought for no ideology to speak of, and faced no opposition except for cowering civillians baffles me. Again, if you like to collect this, i have no criticism of you - collect what you like. I just personally find this particular one very odd. That all said, with regards to HA5709 I guess an aircraft with mission markings is more interesting than one without, so i guess that's "a reason."
FortunateSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 03:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
Carlo4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Posts: 131
Default Re: Hobbymaster APRIL 2021 RELEASES!

Quote:
Meanwhile, while not criticizing any collector's choice, I continue to be absolutely baffled why anybody would want to collect russian aircraft that participated in the syrian conflict. To me, its like having a monument to war crimes on your shelf. I understand collecting russian aircraft in general just like i understand collecting nazi or any other regime's aircraft in general, but having interest in the ones from the syrian conflict in particular where they did nothing honourable, fought for no ideology to speak of, and faced no opposition except for cowering civillians baffles me. Again, if you like to collect this, i have no criticism of you - collect what you like. I just personally find this particular one very odd. That all said, with regards to HA5709 I guess an aircraft with mission markings is more interesting than one without, so i guess that's "a reason."
I guess it depends what side of the fence one sits on. That could be argued for any collection of military aircraft. (Vietnam/Libyan intervention etc..)So should we all just collect civilian aircraft? No. We collect them because we like the aircraft, the schemes and the markings. Not the conflicts, because ALL war, in the end is futile and a waste of valuable life.
Silversmok3 likes this.

Last edited by Carlo4; 01-14-2021 at 03:36 PM.
Carlo4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 04:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
Master Collector
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: essex, england
Age: 62
Posts: 693
Default Re: Hobbymaster APRIL 2021 RELEASES!

Why are the 2 Texans in there again? They were in last month's list.
wilkinss77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 05:16 PM   #11 (permalink)
Too many models! (1500+)
 
FortunateSon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Honiara
Posts: 2,375
Default Re: Hobbymaster APRIL 2021 RELEASES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkinss77 View Post
Why are the 2 Texans in there again? They were in last month's list.
its not unusual to see models on multiple posters - mostly this means a release re-shuffle or delay.
FortunateSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 08:19 PM   #12 (permalink)
Collector
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: PRG
Posts: 1,217
Default Re: Hobbymaster APRIL 2021 RELEASES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjon5 View Post
oh look, another IRIAF F-14 BLUE. Apologies for large picture. the forum re-sizer is up schitt creek!
No problems with forum re-sizer on my side. For me DAC re-sizer works perfectly (always did since the times I´ve asked DAC admins to enable this resizing module several years back).




April poster:
- Thorsness F-105F - maybe. Depends on final price and how it looks in the flesh

- Israeli F-16 maybe ..... how long it can take to Calibre to make IAF F-16?

- another Syrian SU-35? exactly same scheme as two previous releases. Wonder how the sales will be....

- the anniversary F-16 looks BOLD!:

... too bold to my operational schemes inclination
Ladia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 08:54 PM   #13 (permalink)
Collector
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 52
Default Re: Hobbymaster APRIL 2021 RELEASES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FortunateSon View Post
To me, its like having a monument to war crimes on your shelf. I understand collecting russian aircraft in general just like i understand collecting nazi or any other regime's aircraft in general, but having interest in the ones from the syrian conflict in particular where they did nothing honourable, fought for no ideology to speak of, and faced no opposition except for cowering civillians baffles me. ...

Careful. Similar could be said of American involvement in Vietnam. Yet still I have Col Robin Olds’ SCAT XXVII on my shelf.

Wars consist of old people talking, and young people dying.
Carlo4 likes this.
Silversmok3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 04:38 AM   #14 (permalink)
Too many models! (1500+)
 
FortunateSon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Honiara
Posts: 2,375
Default Re: Hobbymaster APRIL 2021 RELEASES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversmok3 View Post
Careful. Similar could be said of American involvement in Vietnam. Yet still I have Col Robin Olds’ SCAT XXVII on my shelf.
I understand where you are going; the whataboutism was expected (though i expected some clueless southern european to suggest kosovo, but still.) but no, it's not the same based on the criteria that i laid out. the US both went after legitimate military targets and faced legitimate military opposition, fought for a discernible ideology (capitalism/democracy, at least theoretically), and took real losses. plus, they lost the war. none of these apply to russia in syria.
FortunateSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 03:29 PM   #15 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
Carlo4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Posts: 131
Default Re: Hobbymaster APRIL 2021 RELEASES!

Quote:
I understand where you are going; the whataboutism was expected (though i expected some clueless southern european to suggest kosovo, but still.) but no, it's not the same based on the criteria that i laid out. the US both went after legitimate military targets and faced legitimate military opposition, fought for a discernible ideology (capitalism/democracy, at least theoretically), and took real losses. plus, they lost the war. none of these apply to russia in syria.
So.. i`m guessing you don`t own any diecast Russian aircraft (Su24,25,34,35,57`s etc) that the pilots of those didn`t fly in combat missions in Syria...?
Carlo4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 07:18 PM   #16 (permalink)
Sukhoi Collector
 
plane737's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Winchester
Age: 47
Posts: 2,245
Default Re: Hobbymaster APRIL 2021 RELEASES!

Do we really need 2 Aerobatic Team MiG-29s? Always thought UKrainian AF with the Digital Camo was a No Brainer of a release. Maybe next round............................
FortunateSon and Carlo4 like this.
plane737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:24 PM   #17 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
Carlo4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Posts: 131
Default Re: Hobbymaster APRIL 2021 RELEASES!

Quote:
Do we really need 2 Aerobatic Team MiG-29s? Always thought UKrainian AF with the Digital Camo was a No Brainer of a release. Maybe next round
Yes to both! Any Russian aircraft is welcome, especially colourful schemes like these. I hope we do get Ukraine Digi camo Mig29`s. I love that particular camo and, they`ll look great alongside my Digi Ukraine Su-24 and 25. I`m sure HM and Calibre Wings (eventually) will get round to it.
Carlo4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:24 PM   #18 (permalink)
Sukhoi Collector
 
plane737's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Winchester
Age: 47
Posts: 2,245
Default Re: Hobbymaster APRIL 2021 RELEASES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo4 View Post
Yes to both! Any Russian aircraft is welcome, especially colourful schemes like these. I hope we do get Ukraine Digi camo Mig29`s. I love that particular camo and, they`ll look great alongside my Digi Ukraine Su-24 and 25. I`m sure HM and Calibre Wings (eventually) will get round to it.
This was announced a few weeks ago from JCW's btw. MiG-29UB Russia. I may add this to the collection as I dont really see HM bothering with doing the Two Seater imo.

Hobbymaster APRIL 2021 RELEASES!-ppx8vjj.jpg

Last edited by plane737; Yesterday at 07:27 PM.
plane737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:00 AM   #19 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
Carlo4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Posts: 131
Default Re: Hobbymaster APRIL 2021 RELEASES!

Quote:
This was announced a few weeks ago from JCW's btw. MiG-29UB Russia. I may add this to the collection as I dont really see HM bothering with doing the Two Seater imo.
Yes. I think i`ll be joining you on this purchase. I quite like the JC Wings Mig-29`s. I don`t think they`re bad at all in my opinion. I agree with you about HM not doing Two seaters. I was hoping by now they would be possibly producing the Su-30 family. It`s a shame the JC wings SU-27UB/30`s have that in- accurate and very visible radome join line, as they do some fantastic schemes.
Carlo4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:55 PM   #20 (permalink)
Sukhoi Collector
 
plane737's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Winchester
Age: 47
Posts: 2,245
Default Re: Hobbymaster APRIL 2021 RELEASES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo4 View Post
Yes. I think i`ll be joining you on this purchase. I quite like the JC Wings Mig-29`s. I don`t think they`re bad at all in my opinion. I agree with you about HM not doing Two seaters. I was hoping by now they would be possibly producing the Su-30 family. It`s a shame the JC wings SU-27UB/30`s have that in- accurate and very visible radome join line, as they do some fantastic schemes.
Same here. I have no big issues with the JCWs MiG-29s. HM have raised the bar with theirs though. As far as the UB 2 seaters, i'd like to see some 'obscure' releases like Mongolia and Myanmar or Bangladesh some day.
Mongolian AF MiG-29UB:
Hobbymaster APRIL 2021 RELEASES!-mongolian-air-force-mig-29ub.jpg
plane737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:08 PM.

Latest Threads
 

Models of the Week
 



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.