HOBBYMASTER November 2020 POSTER - DA.C
 

Go Back   DA.C > Ground Control > Military Model Aircraft

Like Tree11Likes
  • 1 Post By Silversmok3
  • 3 Post By Adour
  • 1 Post By FortunateSon
  • 1 Post By pilot_paul_r
  • 1 Post By Eric w
  • 2 Post By FortunateSon
  • 1 Post By tigers747
  • 1 Post By Silversmok3
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-25-2020, 06:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Complete Wacko!
 
robertjon5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: united kingdom
Posts: 11,330
Default HOBBYMASTER November 2020 POSTER

up on HMC


__________________
I BUY WHAT I LIKE. AND LIKE WHAT I BUY!!!
robertjon5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-25-2020, 08:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master Collector
 
Umpire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Calgary - AB
Posts: 594
Default Re: HOBBYMASTER November 2020 POSTER

I would love to see another Mirage 2000
__________________
You're out!
Umpire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 09:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
It's Only Money
 
Fusion Monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 83
Default Re: HOBBYMASTER November 2020 POSTER

Interesting the U-2 model numbers are HA6901 and HA6904. What happened to -02 and -03?
Fusion Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 08-25-2020, 11:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Collector
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 46
Default Re: HOBBYMASTER November 2020 POSTER

Mig-28 UB, good one.

Glad to see the RF-101B getting some love. Say what you want about HM, but they’ve got a yen for modeling great but obscure aircraft.
DashSeven likes this.
Silversmok3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 02:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
Theme Collector
 
Blues Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,920
Default Re: HOBBYMASTER November 2020 POSTER

Maaaaaaaaybe this one to add to my Worlds Demonstration Team theme.....otherwise nothing else

Name:  ruski.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  24.2 KB

BB
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Blues Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 03:13 AM   #6 (permalink)
Master Collector
 
Grecog70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Rome
Age: 50
Posts: 770
Default Re: HOBBYMASTER November 2020 POSTER

The IT Typhoon 4 sure, both the MIG-28, we'll see...
__________________
"Have a bandit day!"
Grecog70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 04:09 AM   #7 (permalink)
Jaded Collector
 
Adour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Home at last, crewing can s¥€<%#*
Posts: 570
Default Re: HOBBYMASTER November 2020 POSTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusion Monkey View Post
Interesting the U-2 model numbers are HA6901 and HA6904. What happened to -02 and -03?
Very good question about the increasingly murky world of HM late model U-2s. So far there have been two official announcements and three leaks, all black jets. The complete list is:

HA6901: U-2S Beale 2015
6902: U-2R Span pod, Fairford, 1990's
6903: U-2S Osan 2012
6904: U-2R Black Cat HM art and service chronology inconsistent
6905: U-2R "Snoopy tail"
Fusion Monkey, Eric w and MRIYA like this.
Adour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 05:33 AM   #8 (permalink)
Too many models! (1500+)
 
FortunateSon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Honiara
Posts: 2,337
Default Re: HOBBYMASTER November 2020 POSTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusion Monkey View Post
Interesting the U-2 model numbers are HA6901 and HA6904. What happened to -02 and -03?
need to know basis.
Fusion Monkey likes this.
FortunateSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 05:38 AM   #9 (permalink)
Too many models! (1500+)
 
FortunateSon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Honiara
Posts: 2,337
Default Re: HOBBYMASTER November 2020 POSTER

The tomcat is a great livery, but I already have basically the same livery from at least 3 other manufacturers, two of which will likely have produced superior models to the hobbymaster, whose latest tomcats have been quite poor from the standpoint of overall finish. HM tomcats, like a lot of their releases, need to be considered these days as "semi-finished products, suitable for advanced detailing and finishing by the passionate collector." Washes, weathering, stencils, add-ons, pilots, exhausts/metallic bits - HM is behind the times.

I've been absolutely thrilled with both recent calibre wings VF-31 tomcats - especially the red tail. I couldn't see the point of any knowledgeable collector going for the HM version for the sake of a small cost savings. The calW aren't perfect of course, but there's no comparison in my mind.

i've pre-ordered the HM U-2 (and the roughly matching Century Wings Beale SR-71 re-release). The voodoo is a good get for anybody who doesn't have the earlier one. The Russian Knights aircraft will be good for those who can hold their noses, but it'll be a cold day in hell before I have an advertising bird for putin on my shelves (though I have been known to buy the occasional russian operational aircraft).

solid month from HM.

Last edited by FortunateSon; 08-26-2020 at 05:41 AM.
FortunateSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 05:48 AM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
DashSeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Yellowknife, NT
Posts: 234
Default Re: HOBBYMASTER November 2020 POSTER

Good month of releases! I am particularly amused by the two “Mig 28” releases. Well played. I have seen the Russian Knights perform and I am tempted, but I think my money will go elsewhere. In particular, to the USAF U-2. That Voodoo is a beauty, but I have four Voodoos in my collection already. I’ll probably be more inclined to buy the Tomcat.
DashSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 06:02 AM   #11 (permalink)
Master Collector
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: essex, england
Age: 62
Posts: 682
Default Re: HOBBYMASTER November 2020 POSTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umpire View Post
I would love to see another Mirage 2000
You won't, because of the licence fee excuse.
wilkinss77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 08:11 AM   #12 (permalink)
Jaded Collector
 
Adour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Home at last, crewing can s¥€<%#*
Posts: 570
Default Re: HOBBYMASTER November 2020 POSTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by DashSeven View Post
Good month of releases! I am particularly amused by the two “Mig 28” releases. Well played. I have seen the Russian Knights perform and I am tempted, but I think my money will go elsewhere. In particular, to the USAF U-2. That Voodoo is a beauty, but I have four Voodoos in my collection already. I’ll probably be more inclined to buy the Tomcat.
I wouldn’t pre-order that U-2 just yet if I were you. Well, not if you want an accurate model anyway.
Adour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 08:51 AM   #13 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
Eric w's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Columbus, Oh
Posts: 229
Default Re: HOBBYMASTER November 2020 POSTER

might get one of the f-5s
__________________
never served but loves the night stalkers
Eric w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 11:01 AM   #14 (permalink)
Insane Collector
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Miami
Posts: 1,035
Default Re: HOBBYMASTER November 2020 POSTER

let see if the U-2 will be for real.. maybe they can also make SR-71 in a better mould?

also the F-18 Advanced hornet is good
wildpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 12:11 PM   #15 (permalink)
Jaded Collector
 
Adour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Home at last, crewing can s¥€<%#*
Posts: 570
Default Re: HOBBYMASTER November 2020 POSTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpig View Post
let see if the U-2 will be for real.. maybe they can also make SR-71 in a better mould?

also the F-18 Advanced hornet is good
Given that HM:
A. Know literally nothing about aircraft.
B. Copy kits, yet cannot be bothered to research which is the best kit to copy.

I seriously doubt it.
Adour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 02:00 PM   #16 (permalink)
Collector
 
theo78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 81
Default Re: HOBBYMASTER November 2020 POSTER

italian typhoon surely, maybe the USAF U2..but i am not sure if i have enough space for it, how big is going to be? also i bet it's going to be a bit fragile.
theo78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 03:16 PM   #17 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
DashSeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Yellowknife, NT
Posts: 234
Default Re: HOBBYMASTER November 2020 POSTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adour View Post
I wouldn’t pre-order that U-2 just yet if I were you. Well, not if you want an accurate model anyway.
I’ve looked at the prepros in enough detail to feel confident I’ll be happy with it. It’s a model, not a real U-2. It looks close enough for my eyes.
DashSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 03:49 PM   #18 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
Eric w's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Columbus, Oh
Posts: 229
Default Re: HOBBYMASTER November 2020 POSTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by DashSeven View Post
I’ve looked at the prepros in enough detail to feel confident I’ll be happy with it. It’s a model, not a real U-2. It looks close enough for my eyes.
still wait for the calw u-2 pre pros
__________________
never served but loves the night stalkers
Eric w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 06:52 PM   #19 (permalink)
Collector
 
pilot_paul_r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 89
Default Re: HOBBYMASTER November 2020 POSTER

Yeah, I think the CalW U-2 is going to be leaps and bounds above the HM in terms of detail and tooling. I am waiting for CalW.
Adour likes this.
pilot_paul_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 09:00 PM   #20 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
ALITALIA AZ610's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Roma
Posts: 324
Default Re: HOBBYMASTER November 2020 POSTER

AMI Typhoon, finalmente! Also need AMI Tornado in NATO and Locusta scheme.
ALITALIA AZ610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 02:53 AM   #21 (permalink)
Master Collector
 
Grecog70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Rome
Age: 50
Posts: 770
Default Re: HOBBYMASTER November 2020 POSTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALITALIA AZ610 View Post
AMI Typhoon, finalmente! Also need AMI Tornado in NATO and Locusta scheme.



Abbi fede!
__________________
"Have a bandit day!"
Grecog70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 05:25 AM   #22 (permalink)
Too many models! (1500+)
 
FortunateSon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Honiara
Posts: 2,337
Default Re: HOBBYMASTER November 2020 POSTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot_paul_r View Post
Yeah, I think the CalW U-2 is going to be leaps and bounds above the HM in terms of detail and tooling. I am waiting for CalW.
You may well be right. I've not followed, however - are they proposing different liveries?

While the CalW may be better, I'm ok pre-ordering the HM. If I have to sell it, i won't lose much and the differences may be enough to generate interest.

What would really get my purchase - and I suspect ill be in a minority here - is if whoever sold the U2 with detachable wings for space-efficient box storage.
FortunateSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 11:14 AM   #23 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
DashSeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Yellowknife, NT
Posts: 234
Default Re: HOBBYMASTER November 2020 POSTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric w View Post
still wait for the calw u-2 pre pros
Maybe...? However, I have only ever seen one U-2 in person and it was a 9th RW U-2 from Beale AFB at the Abbotsford Airshow in British Columbia. Although I am not certain of the registration, HM’s release is exactly how I remember it looking. A quick google search revealed this photo from Abbotsford:



It falls outside my usual collection criteria, but I have always loved this plane. It’s either this livery or NASA for my collection, and I think I’ll stick to the one I’ve seen with my own eyes - especially since it’s the one available now.
DashSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 01:09 PM   #24 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
Eric w's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Columbus, Oh
Posts: 229
Default Re: HOBBYMASTER November 2020 POSTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by FortunateSon View Post
You may well be right. I've not followed, however - are they proposing different liveries?

While the CalW may be better, I'm ok pre-ordering the HM. If I have to sell it, i won't lose much and the differences may be enough to generate interest.

What would really get my purchase - and I suspect ill be in a minority here - is if whoever sold the U2 with detachable wings for space-efficient box storage.
it appears calw will have two sets of wings
pilot_paul_r likes this.
__________________
never served but loves the night stalkers
Eric w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 07:55 AM   #25 (permalink)
Collector
 
theo78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 81
Default Re: HOBBYMASTER November 2020 POSTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALITALIA AZ610 View Post
AMI Typhoon, finalmente! Also need AMI Tornado in NATO and Locusta scheme.
diavolo si
theo78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 07:30 AM   #26 (permalink)
Too many models! (1500+)
 
FortunateSon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Honiara
Posts: 2,337
Default Re: HOBBYMASTER November 2020 POSTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusion Monkey View Post
Interesting the U-2 model numbers are HA6901 and HA6904. What happened to -02 and -03?

HA6902 Hobbymaster Lockheed U-2R 80-1084 9th RW , USAF Fairford AFB U.K. 1990s


HA6903 Hobbymaster Lockheed U-2S 80-1084, 9th RW, Osan Air Base, South Korea, October 2012


I changed my preorder from 01 to 02 with the helpful assistance of an excellent retailer.
Fusion Monkey and Eric w like this.
FortunateSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 12:42 AM   #27 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
tigers747's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Prescott , AZ
Posts: 219
Default Re: HOBBYMASTER November 2020 POSTER

If you collect Vietnam USAF then the RF-101 is a must have. Not a obscure aircraft in the US by the way!
DashSeven likes this.
tigers747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 03:17 AM   #28 (permalink)
Jaded Collector
 
Adour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Home at last, crewing can s¥€<%#*
Posts: 570
Default Re: HOBBYMASTER November 2020 POSTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigers747 View Post
If you collect Vietnam USAF then the RF-101 is a must have. Not a obscure aircraft in the US by the way!
Yeah but it’s not a “real” RF-101, i.e. an RF-101C or RF-101A. Really wish HM would modify the tooling.
Adour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 09:36 AM   #29 (permalink)
Junior Collector
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 46
Default Re: HOBBYMASTER November 2020 POSTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adour View Post
Yeah but it’s not a “real” RF-101, i.e. an RF-101C or RF-101A. Really wish HM would modify the tooling.
It’s a legit RF-101. The story’s a bit convoluted, but by the 1970s the single seat RF-101s took a lot of losses from Vietnam. Towards the end of the conflict they were running out of aircraft to use in-country while maintaining other commitments.

Meanwhile, Canada sold back some early F-101Bs in exchange for upgraded versions with IRSTs and other fire control enhancements. The USAF had the idea to take these ex Canadian F-101B’s and install cameras in place of the rotating weapons bay. That’s how we arrive at the RF-101B that HM is including in this batch.
Adour likes this.
Silversmok3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 03:59 PM   #30 (permalink)
Jaded Collector
 
Adour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Home at last, crewing can s¥€<%#*
Posts: 570
Default Re: HOBBYMASTER November 2020 POSTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversmok3 View Post
It’s a legit RF-101. The story’s a bit convoluted, but by the 1970s the single seat RF-101s took a lot of losses from Vietnam. Towards the end of the conflict they were running out of aircraft to use in-country while maintaining other commitments.

Meanwhile, Canada sold back some early F-101Bs in exchange for upgraded versions with IRSTs and other fire control enhancements. The USAF had the idea to take these ex Canadian F-101B’s and install cameras in place of the rotating weapons bay. That’s how we arrive at the RF-101B that HM is including in this batch.
Well in that case let’s hope they avoid that weird shade of light green that’s been around for a while now.
Adour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 03:14 AM   #31 (permalink)
Bombcat
 
BlackAces's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Skokie
Posts: 136
Default Re: HOBBYMASTER November 2020 POSTER

So I just ordered 5 of the "MiG-28" fighters (split between the "UB" version and the "S" version) because I'm trying to put together a Top Gun shelf, and I'm kina curious about the differences between the two of them. I didn't accidentally order a battle damaged version or two did I? Are the differences between them unremarkable or should I update my order?
BlackAces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 04:29 AM   #32 (permalink)
Too many models! (1500+)
 
FortunateSon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Honiara
Posts: 2,337
Default Re: HOBBYMASTER November 2020 POSTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackAces View Post
So I just ordered 5 of the "MiG-28" fighters (split between the "UB" version and the "S" version) because I'm trying to put together a Top Gun shelf, and I'm kina curious about the differences between the two of them. I didn't accidentally order a battle damaged version or two did I? Are the differences between them unremarkable or should I update my order?
One is a one seater and one is a two seater. UB / УБ stands for "Uchebno Boevoy" / "Учебно-Боевой" - Combat Trainer.

I'm more than a bit shocked if you didn't notice this, but we all have our days.
FortunateSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 12:58 PM   #33 (permalink)
Bombcat
 
BlackAces's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Skokie
Posts: 136
Default Re: HOBBYMASTER November 2020 POSTER

Sorry to break it to you but I had no idea there were two versions of these planes that were used in filming. Also I don't speak any languages outside of English, so I'm not sure why you would think that this is enough of a clue to fill in the blanks. I had no point of reference on these changes whatsoever
BlackAces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 01:05 PM   #34 (permalink)
Too many models! (1500+)
 
FortunateSon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Honiara
Posts: 2,337
Default Re: HOBBYMASTER November 2020 POSTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackAces View Post
Sorry to break it to you but I had no idea there were two versions of these planes that were used in filming. Also I don't speak any languages outside of English, so I'm not sure why you would think that this is enough of a clue to fill in the blanks. I had no point of reference on these changes whatsoever
And the picture in the poster clearly showing a single seat and a two seat aircraft didn't clue you in, pal? Mate, you've made a bit of a silly gaffe. Accept it in good humor and in good nature, stop with the "sorry to break it to you" nonsense, and move on.
FortunateSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:21 AM.

Latest Threads
 

Models of the Week
 



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.