Been waiting for this P-51 to do a code 3 on for a while. So, when it arrived, decals were ready (Hussar Pacific mustangs part 2). Converted Abner's relatively timid nose art aircraft into "Fighting Lady." Conversion was straightforward with no major issues. The large squadron badge on the left cowl was different on Fighting Lady than on Abner's aircraft. This required revmoving the one there and putting the decal for the new one a bit further aft and higher. This left a mark where the tampo removal process ate into the oily steel exhaust backing piece. I 'fixed' this by both painting with AK oily steel and by adding exhaust staining. I'm not so happy with the results, so i may re-do this (metal make this easy) to be a bit less dark.
I also did some minor painting such as exhaust stacks, seats (not fully done in the photo), fuel tank caps, oleos, etc. I may still add-some seat belts in addition to better texturing the seats.
To add the serial numbers on the rudder, I used silver decals to cover over the existing ones first. This was definitely the best solution.
Copious amounts of setting solution used.
I may still add more stencils here and there. In my dreams i may still ad an AN/APN-13 radar to the rudder - this can probably even be scratchbuilt.
Elephant in the room: both the yellow and especially this green new release hM mustangs use very bright, primary colors. The green used on this one is a crayola apple green while most references suggest that this should be a willow green. But, it looks bright and shiny and nice even if HM could have been more judicious with its use of colour.
"Fighting Lady" and "Enchantress" are two obvious, potentially popular liveries for this "blank" with the green tail. Decals are readily available. I think it not impossible that hM has one or both queued up internally already, and also "Talahassee Lassie" for the yellow tail. But, anyway, it was fun to do for a few hours, and for the short time i spent on it i am happy with the results and, as i said, may improve it more.