Originally Posted by Ladia
Thanks for information, Adour!
Here some comments:
Do you know whether HM will make a brand new tooling for F/G, or if they will just modify the current one-seater D mold into F/G? If so, it means this the end of D versions? If this is the case, will HM make enough one-seater blank castings for several more one-seater releases before they irreversibly modify their F-105D mold into a two-seater?
Is it possible to ask / kindly suggest / persuade HM to make enough one seater blank molds before they irreversibly modify that mold? There are still many interesting D schemes to be released.
On the F-105F/G model HM should really improve the MLG wheels, current slim tires are waaaaay too thin:
Better alignment of MLG wheels is also worth effort ...
3. Several details that should be changed / taken care on F/G mold, such as poorly modelled oversized and bulky cockpit coaming or blanks in the intakes that are much too visible.
I´m hoping HM is also aware of different vertical tail on two-seaters:
Wings of F/G versions are also different.
1. It's a modified tooling so this will the end of single seaters. There was no information about any blanks.
2. They know about the MLG but "it didn't sound that hopeful".
3. The cockpit coaming is specifically mentioned as being improved. Nothing said about the intakes, but personally I'd be pretty shocked if they were improved. If they're reluctant to change the MLG which is clearly visible, can't see them bothering with the "invisible" (we all know the blanks can be seen clearly).
4. They do know about the tail and wings.
The other thing mentioned is probably no new weapons, just borrowing stuff from other HM toolings. Can't see that being much of an issue.
I'm looking forward to it. I'd like some more single seaters, but, to be honest, not at the expense of delaying the two seaters.
I know we always talk about "irreversible changes" to toolings, but I suspect that's rot. If you can change it once you can change it again. It just won't be exactly the same, and that could be a good thing (coaming, MLG).
Let's hope they don't turn out blue and apple green!