1:18 JSI MODELS AV-8B Harrier II USMC - DA.C
 

Go Back   DA.C > Ground Control > Military Model Aircraft

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.40 average.
Old 07-15-2017, 07:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
Master Collector
 
Grecog70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Rome
Age: 50
Posts: 792
Default 1:18 JSI MODELS AV-8B Harrier II USMC

As today is SATURDAY, enjoy guys!

https://flic.kr/s/aHskZrDqva
__________________
"Have a bandit day!"
Grecog70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-15-2017, 10:37 AM   #2 (permalink)
Retired the Hobby
 
Surinam Air 747's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 3,700
Default Re: 1:18 JSI MODELS AV-8B Harrier II USMC

Thanks for sharing!! It sure looks nice, very cool indeed but the pilot figure comes with the Harrier or was it purchased separate?
__________________
I WANT TO BELIEVE...

...that one day I will see many more colorful JC Wings MD-11 models and the long-awaited Gemini 200 TWA twin stripes 727-200!

I always fly America's favorite airline: Southwest Airlines and the World's oldest KLM!

Paris was the greatest city on earth! Vive la France! Tokyo 2020!
Surinam Air 747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 10:39 AM   #3 (permalink)
Master Collector
 
cnq123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Canada
Posts: 542
Default Re: 1:18 JSI MODELS AV-8B Harrier II USMC

I love it. Very very nice.
I want to get one too but the shipping cost kills it for me.
cnq123 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 07-15-2017, 10:53 AM   #4 (permalink)
Master Collector
 
Grecog70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Rome
Age: 50
Posts: 792
Default Re: 1:18 JSI MODELS AV-8B Harrier II USMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surinam Air 747 View Post
Thanks for sharing!! It sure looks nice, very cool indeed but the pilot figure comes with the Harrier or was it purchased separate?
Glad you appreciate it, the pilot belogs to the
BBI - 1/18 scale F/A-18C Hornet (Golden Dragon)

Unfortunately the figure desn't fit in the cockpit .
__________________
"Have a bandit day!"
Grecog70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 11:17 AM   #5 (permalink)
Theme Collector
 
Blues Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,933
Default Re: 1:18 JSI MODELS AV-8B Harrier II USMC

Nicely detailed 1:18 plane.....

It appears that the hovering nozzles swivel...that's so cool ..

Thanks for your pics......I enjoy when you display your modern planes on the roof of your building with the old world backdrop

Btw if your a fan of 1:18 ......then here's a link to a likeminded site you may be interested in .....as well as the pic below....showing the 1:18 Manu's discussed.

JS International 1:18 Scale F-14 Tomcat – Official Merit Photos | The Fighting 1:18th!

BB

Blues Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 11:23 AM   #6 (permalink)
Master Collector
 
Grecog70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Rome
Age: 50
Posts: 792
Default Re: 1:18 JSI MODELS AV-8B Harrier II USMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues Boy View Post
Nicely detailed 1:18 plane.....

It appears that the hovering nozzles swivel...that's so cool ..

Thanks for your pics......I enjoy when you display your modern planes on the roof of your building with the old world backdrop

Btw if your a fan of 1:18 ......then here's a link to a likeminded site you may be interested in .....as well as the pic below....showing the 1:18 Manu's discussed.

JS International 1:18 Scale F-14 Tomcat – Official Merit Photos | The Fighting 1:18th!

BB

Tks 4 the link sir, glad you do like the photos, about the model the most disappointed thing: the rear underarriage doesn't touches the ground.
__________________
"Have a bandit day!"
Grecog70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 11:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
Theme Collector
 
Blues Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,933
Default Re: 1:18 JSI MODELS AV-8B Harrier II USMC

Grecog seeing your 1/18 Harrier......one thing led to another...and ....well I bought my 1st 1/18!!

Since one of my themes is Jolly Rogers....I was able to get a used 21st Century Ultimate Soldier.... Kepford Corsair...original packaging included ... eBay total including shipping...$99 USD

Below is a link to a review once done a long time back....after reading the review I have the information that will prevent me from having the initial problems the reviewer encountered....(I hope )

It appears to have great detail and some weathering and battle damage as in the review.

There is only 2 other 1/18's I can see myself buying....F-14 JR and the Blue Angels F/A-18.....both of which are currently out of my price range on EBay....I'll just have to wait till a bargain price shows up

Do you see what you started ?

1/18 Corsair Model Quick Take Review - poptechmotive

BB

Last edited by Blues Boy; 07-16-2017 at 12:33 AM.
Blues Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 03:49 AM   #8 (permalink)
Master Collector
 
Grecog70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Rome
Age: 50
Posts: 792
Default Re: 1:18 JSI MODELS AV-8B Harrier II USMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues Boy View Post
Grecog seeing your 1/18 Harrier......one thing led to another...and ....well I bought my 1st 1/18!!

Since one of my themes is Jolly Rogers....I was able to get a used 21st Century Ultimate Soldier.... Kepford Corsair...original packaging included ... eBay total including shipping...$99 USD

Below is a link to a review once done a long time back....after reading the review I have the information that will prevent me from having the initial problems the reviewer encountered....(I hope )

It appears to have great detail and some weathering and battle damage as in the review.

There is only 2 other 1/18's I can see myself buying....F-14 JR and the Blue Angels F/A-18.....both of which are currently out of my price range on EBay....I'll just have to wait till a bargain price shows up

Do you see what you started ?

1/18 Corsair Model Quick Take Review - poptechmotive

BB
Hi there mate, great to read about your decision, now we all have got to wait to see the photos you'll post 4 good.
As far as regards the F-14 JR, that I've renamed "gattone", translated from in italian "big cat", is currently displayed on a pretty elegant glass small-table in my bedroom.
The version I got is the lighted 1 and trust me, it's awsome...
__________________
"Have a bandit day!"
Grecog70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 11:02 AM   #9 (permalink)
Theme Collector
 
Blues Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,933
Default Re: 1:18 JSI MODELS AV-8B Harrier II USMC

Check this Custom 1/32 JR.....it's BadA$$ !!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oW0SkghBzU4

BB
Blues Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 11:04 AM   #10 (permalink)
Master Collector
 
cnq123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Canada
Posts: 542
Default Re: 1:18 JSI MODELS AV-8B Harrier II USMC

BB you're in trouble now that you've got your 1st one.
I hope you will get the F14. It's the holy grail of 1/18



cnq123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 01:56 PM   #11 (permalink)
Master Collector
 
Grecog70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Rome
Age: 50
Posts: 792
Default Re: 1:18 JSI MODELS AV-8B Harrier II USMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues Boy View Post
Check this Custom 1/32 JR.....it's BadA$$ !!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oW0SkghBzU4

BB
He's THE man...
__________________
"Have a bandit day!"
Grecog70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 04:44 PM   #12 (permalink)
Theme Collector
 
Blues Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,933
Default Re: 1:18 JSI MODELS AV-8B Harrier II USMC

Here's a DAC forum thread....about this 1/32 electronic wonder....apparently it was a kit pieced out over time included with magazines by Hachette in Japan.

http://www.diecastaircraftforum.com/...omcatters.html

BB
Blues Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 03:29 AM   #13 (permalink)
Aerospace collector
 
Leonardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Belgium
Posts: 373
Default Re: 1:18 JSI MODELS AV-8B Harrier II USMC

Thanks for the pictures.

I put mine on a "Lego display stand": see
http://www.diecastaircraftforum.com/...roduction.html

This weekend also 2 other 1:18 planes arrived: the P-38 Lightning Putt Putt Maru and the F-16 Wolfpack.
__________________
Still looking for these items (thanks):
1. Ultimate Soldier Me-262B (Nightfighter, B Version !) scale 1:18.
2. Elite Force F-18 Hornet (Golden Dragon) scale 1:18.
Leonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 09:21 AM   #14 (permalink)
Master Collector
 
cnq123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Canada
Posts: 542
Default Re: 1:18 JSI MODELS AV-8B Harrier II USMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
Thanks for the pictures.

I put mine on a "Lego display stand": see
http://www.diecastaircraftforum.com/...roduction.html

This weekend also 2 other 1:18 planes arrived: the P-38 Lightning Putt Putt Maru and the F-16 Wolfpack.
Very nice collection Leo.
I see you have some 1/18 copters. You should get the Super cobras if you can find them. They are awesome.
cnq123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 09:27 AM   #15 (permalink)
Aerospace collector
 
Leonardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Belgium
Posts: 373
Default Re: 1:18 JSI MODELS AV-8B Harrier II USMC

"Very nice collection Leo.
I see you have some 1/18 copters. You should get the Super cobras if you can find them. They are awesome.
"

I know, I have both Took me a lot of effort to get them.
__________________
Still looking for these items (thanks):
1. Ultimate Soldier Me-262B (Nightfighter, B Version !) scale 1:18.
2. Elite Force F-18 Hornet (Golden Dragon) scale 1:18.
Leonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 09:41 AM   #16 (permalink)
Theme Collector
 
Blues Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,933
Default Re: 1:18 JSI MODELS AV-8B Harrier II USMC

Here is a JSI 1/18 Code3 into a IRIAF F-14A.....


Hellenic modellers official website / HEL.MO. - 1/18 JS International IRIAF F-14A Tomcat by Paolo Yuen

BB
Blues Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 09:49 AM   #17 (permalink)
Master Collector
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: essex, england
Age: 62
Posts: 693
Default Re: 1:18 JSI MODELS AV-8B Harrier II USMC

We used to be able to get 1/18 planes here in the UK, but all the dealers stopped doing them years ago.
wilkinss77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 12:22 PM   #18 (permalink)
Master Collector
 
Grecog70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Rome
Age: 50
Posts: 792
Default Re: 1:18 JSI MODELS AV-8B Harrier II USMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues Boy View Post
A real masterpiece, tks 4 sharing.
__________________
"Have a bandit day!"
Grecog70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 06:24 AM   #19 (permalink)
Complete Wacko!
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: timbuktu
Posts: 5,674
Default Re: 1:18 JSI MODELS AV-8B Harrier II USMC

there's a thread on the hachette part-series. in short, it costs north of $1k so for that price, one would expect it to be awesome. and for those who insists their calibre wings tomcats are perfect, please look at the position of the blinkers at the top of the vertical stabilisers.

back back to the topic. monsieur bb, so now you know what it feels like to be on the receiving end instead
tomcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 06:56 AM   #20 (permalink)
Complete Wacko!
 
AIR FRANCE 340's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: 49°18'55" N 000°00'19" W
Age: 77
Posts: 4,877
Default Re: 1:18 JSI MODELS AV-8B Harrier II USMC

Ma che bello aereo !

Jean Pierre.
AIR FRANCE 340 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:01 AM.

Latest Threads
- by Big Al
 

Models of the Week
 



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.