06-20-2017, 08:58 AM
Too many models! (1500+)
Join Date: Jun 2012
Model of the year candidates as we near the halfway point?
Here's my list of candidates - though of course we have not seen many or most of these yet:
- Hobbymaster A-26K. Sure, the paint wont be perfect, but .. A-26K!
- Corgi "Little Miss Mischief" B-17. I'll throw it out there that old mould or not, this may be a great model.
- Century Wings "10th Anniversary" JR or Black Aces. If yours doesn't have QA problems, still a wonderful model and probably the best tomcats ever released in 1/72.
- Air Commander Showtime. The bookie's favorite
- Air Commander Silver Kings. Just as good.
also in the running: several soviet types not yet released. "let's see!"
Nothing particularly outstanding comes to mind. Several decent but not earth shattering HM P-51s and Fw-190s. A few same old same old spits. And I can't give a nomination to an Me109 with that down main gear. Maybe aoshima will churn something out before xmas (though their zeros are from 2015 and we've seen no stirrings since)? Or HM will do some wonderful PTO P-51Ds based on the altaya Pacific mustangs decals? please?