Newbie Questions on F-14 Model Options - DA.C
 

Go Back   DA.C > Ground Control > Military Model Aircraft

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 2.14 average.
Old 06-14-2017, 11:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
V1~RoT8!
 
Flydenfeld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Long Island
Posts: 464
Default Newbie Questions on F-14 Model Options

Hi guys,

I've been collecting airliners for years, but I would love to buy a nice F-14. It seems that the 1/72 scale is popular.

In that scale, I've noticed threads on the Hobby Master, CalWings(?), and mention of Century Wings.

Which of these three companies do you guys like best? What criteria leed you to your conclusion?

I poked around by scrolling through previous threads, but did not find a direct answer to this question yet.

Thanks for your help!
__________________
My Aeroplanes
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


My Model Photos...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Flydenfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-14-2017, 11:38 AM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
Mikael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Prague
Posts: 286
Default Re: Newbie Questions on F-14 Model Options

Hi, it is indeed popular. Here is my opinion on the three manufacturers you mentioned:

Hobby Master: In my opinion, at least for now, it is the F-14 to go to. Yes, there is the issue with wrong canopy shape, and the stand isnt the best looking on the market, but from my experience, paint application and QC are pretty good. There is the infamous weapon palette gap, but if you cut the pins that go inside the plane by a bit (few mm) you can minimize it a lot.

Calibre Wings: Their model seems to best capture the overal shape of the plane, mainly due to the correct canopy shape. It also doesnt have the weapon palette gap (because the palettes are slightly wrong in shape in my opinion) and comes with a lot of interchangable parts (nozzles, covers etc). However, there are other issues with it. Since CalWings tried to make it as accurate as possible, they made interchangable gun port, which causes gaps to appear around it. Also, their first Jolly Roger release can be scratched very easily. Wing roots have some serious QC issues, as do some other parts of their first two releases.

Century Wings: CW used to be the F-14 to go to. Hobby Master F-14 is basically slightly modified CW mould. The main difference you can notice is that vertical stabilizers are straight on CW, but slightly tilted on Hobby Master (tilted is correct). What is sad about CW is, that they used to be great at QC, but that seems to be no longer true. More and more people complain about their recent releases in terms of scratches, paint mismatch, and part fit.
Mikael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 12:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
The Collector
 
Ukrainian_Falcons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 5,404
Default Re: Newbie Questions on F-14 Model Options

HM is the one to go for. Best value and decent details.

Calibre Wings have shocking QC, hopefully this will improve, till then I'd aviod.

Century Wings old releases are good but not worth the 2nd hand market prices, current models have poor QC.
Ukrainian_Falcons is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 06-15-2017, 05:39 AM   #4 (permalink)
Too many models! (1500+)
 
FortunateSon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Honiara
Posts: 2,331
Default Re: Newbie Questions on F-14 Model Options

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikael View Post
Century Wings: CW used to be the F-14 to go to. Hobby Master F-14 is basically slightly modified CW mould. The main difference you can notice is that vertical stabilizers are straight on CW, but slightly tilted on Hobby Master (tilted is correct). What is sad about CW is, that they used to be great at QC, but that seems to be no longer true. More and more people complain about their recent releases in terms of scratches, paint mismatch, and part fit.
Come on, that's nonsense. CWs are clearly better than HM when it comes to the recent "10th anniversary releases." I love HM, but HM's QA has been nothing great and certainly no better than CW overall in recent years. Sure, CW had some weak releases (diamondbacks, black lions) before their 10th anniversary releases started, but even those were at least as good as HM's and probably quite a bit better on balance.

CW's 10th anniversary releases are MUCH better models than HMs tomcats, full stop. Other than maybe your stabilizer issue or a few minor nitpicks here and there, I'm not sure how there can even be a serious point of discussion.
FortunateSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 06:13 AM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
Mikael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Prague
Posts: 286
Default Re: Newbie Questions on F-14 Model Options

Quote:
Originally Posted by FortunateSon View Post
Come on, that's nonsense. CWs are clearly better than HM when it comes to the recent "10th anniversary releases." I love HM, but HM's QA has been nothing great and certainly no better than CW overall in recent years. Sure, CW had some weak releases (diamondbacks, black lions) before their 10th anniversary releases started, but even those were at least as good as HM's and probably quite a bit better on balance.

CW's 10th anniversary releases are MUCH better models than HMs tomcats, full stop. Other than maybe your stabilizer issue or a few minor nitpicks here and there, I'm not sure how there can even be a serious point of discussion.
Haven't had a QC issue with any of the last 10 or so HM models. Cant say the same about my last two attempts to buy the Anniversary JR from CW. One had scratches all over the canopy, one had overspray that puts even AF1 to shame. I know that in the end, it all comes down to individual models, but these issues are what makes me say that HM is the go-to. Not to mention customer support. I have repeatedly asked for a missing ordnance pieces for my CW Red Rippers (they werent in the package, and no, it was not a second hand model) to recieve no response at all. When I needed a new stand for my HM Tomcat, all I had to do was ask, send my address and in two weeks, I had a new stand. Free of charge.

CW might have better details, HM has correct vert stabs angle. Also, out of my 3 CW Tomcats (not the anniversary ones, couldnt get a good one), neither of them has easily movable wings.

Between these two it comes down to personal preference. Due to the issues listed above, I prefer HM, and that's why I wrote what I wrote.
Mikael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 07:11 AM   #6 (permalink)
The Collector
 
Ukrainian_Falcons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 5,404
Default Re: Newbie Questions on F-14 Model Options

Don't forget FoV (Forces of Valor) but only when they dump...

CW has been down hill for a number of years now and I've heard more bad reports about the anniversary releases then good

I'm guessing that the OP isn't a hoarder and would want the best model or a good balance of quality and price, which is HM at the moment, then calibre wings if they sort out their QC.
Ukrainian_Falcons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 08:42 AM   #7 (permalink)
Too many models! (1500+)
 
FortunateSon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Honiara
Posts: 2,331
Default Re: Newbie Questions on F-14 Model Options

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikael View Post
Between these two it comes down to personal preference. Due to the issues listed above, I prefer HM, and that's why I wrote what I wrote.
Well, there's no argument against personal experience except to say that mine has been precisely the other way. Add to that the poor "crayola" paint finishes on the HM and overall lack of detail (no tampo on crudely painted weapons), and, as i said, for me there's no contest. For my view, HM makes middling quality finishes now and CW makes better ones. Let's say both have QA issues here or there - fine - but in my book CW still has by far by far the better product overall. If i was buying a Tomcat right now, I'd be all over the black aces or JR CW 10th anniversary bird, to taste. YMMV. I'm actually genuinely surprised that anybody would prefer a HM tomact over a good Cw, but, hey, to each his own.
FortunateSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 09:26 AM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
tim_1/72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Manila
Posts: 458
Default Re: Newbie Questions on F-14 Model Options

Quote:
Originally Posted by FortunateSon View Post
Well, there's no argument against personal experience except to say that mine has been precisely the other way. Add to that the poor "crayola" paint finishes on the HM and overall lack of detail (no tampo on crudely painted weapons), and, as i said, for me there's no contest. For my view, HM makes middling quality finishes now and CW makes better ones. Let's say both have QA issues here or there - fine - but in my book CW still has by far by far the better product overall. If i was buying a Tomcat right now, I'd be all over the black aces or JR CW 10th anniversary bird, to taste. YMMV. I'm actually genuinely surprised that anybody would prefer a HM tomact over a good Cw, but, hey, to each his own.
I'm even more baffled with your response to be honest considering that you've openly stated in the other thread your preference for the FOV Miss Molly over the HM version despite the numerous errors that model had. So far HM and CW have done some 3 similar(almost similar) Jolly Rogers and they look exactly the same. What other details are your referring to if I may ask? The tampos on the ordnance and the wash CW has? Both of these are a way more easier to do than the stuff you're willing to do to with the FOV Miss Molly but somehow you give the edge to CW? You consider this feature better than the correctly angled Vertical stabs from HM? And let's go to the ordnance. I prefer the GBU-12s HM and Calibre issues for their bombcats despite the lack of tampo over all the redundant other ordnance CW puts out for theirs. When has an F-14 ever carried 2 GBU-24s together for the front pallets and Boy does CW loves to photograph their F-14s that way. If I'm not mistaken I think you're putting accuracy below the other hierarchy of whatever factors you consider when purchasing a model. In that case I believe you would be the outlier.
tim_1/72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 01:45 PM   #9 (permalink)
Too many models! (1500+)
 
FortunateSon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Honiara
Posts: 2,331
Default Re: Newbie Questions on F-14 Model Options

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim_1/72 View Post
I'm even more baffled with your response to be honest considering that you've openly stated in the other thread your preference for the FOV Miss Molly over the HM version despite the numerous errors that model had. So far HM and CW have done some 3 similar(almost similar) Jolly Rogers and they look exactly the same. What other details are your referring to if I may ask? The tampos on the ordnance and the wash CW has? Both of these are a way more easier to do than the stuff you're willing to do to with the FOV Miss Molly but somehow you give the edge to CW? You consider this feature better than the correctly angled Vertical stabs from HM? And let's go to the ordnance. I prefer the GBU-12s HM and Calibre issues for their bombcats despite the lack of tampo over all the redundant other ordnance CW puts out for theirs. When has an F-14 ever carried 2 GBU-24s together for the front pallets and Boy does CW loves to photograph their F-14s that way. If I'm not mistaken I think you're putting accuracy below the other hierarchy of whatever factors you consider when purchasing a model. In that case I believe you would be the outlier.
Hi Tim

As i've mentioned repeatedly elsewhere, I'm definitely not a 'shape' guy as much as some people are. The vertical stabs mean far less to me than the overall paint finish and texture. I consider all of those things part of the overall picture of 'accuracy,' not just shape as I'm guessing you tend to. Because I'm so heavily focused on finish and color, the HM releases to me look a lot more toylike - really subtle things like the fact that they use crayola silver for parts that really deserve a better choice of siliver-like metallic paint kills me. To me, a naively chosen silver color or a ridiculously clean finish with a toylike sheen are accuracy issues. i'm also a fan of stencils for just this reason - it adds the feel of authenticity, even if the stencils are done with 'scale effect' in mind and/or are not always correct. The day I thought HM might have made a severe wrong turn was the day HA1930 was released virtually stencil-less.

I don't think the difference between a HW ordinance and a CW one is just a bit of time putting on stencils It's more than that. Look at the finish, the much better chosen paint colors, and the fineness and application of the paint. It's quite a difference, i think.

As for the FOV - it was cheap and in my opinion for what it is looks quite good. I love the wash which makes it feel like an airplane. however, there are some egregious mistakes like the roundels. I risk ruining the model if the nail polish operation goes too far or if more likely it leaves a shiny spot that isnt easily re-washed with a bit of tamiya panel wash or diluted black ink. and i figure if i'm willing to do that, then adding a few decals and a bit of pain here and there is not a big deal since i'd have to apply a new protective coating anyway.

finally, don't get me totally wrong - some 'shape' things bug me too. once i realized how far off the HM F-106 nose was it put me off them completely, alas.
FortunateSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 11:32 AM   #10 (permalink)
V1~RoT8!
 
Flydenfeld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Long Island
Posts: 464
Default Re: Newbie Questions on F-14 Model Options

Hi guys, thanks for taking the time to discuss and debate certain aspects of these models. It gives me insight on details to look for when making a selection. Much appreciated!
__________________
My Aeroplanes
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


My Model Photos...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Flydenfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 01:52 PM   #11 (permalink)
Complete Wacko!
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: timbuktu
Posts: 5,674
Default Re: Newbie Questions on F-14 Model Options

Quote:
Originally Posted by FortunateSon View Post
Hi Tim

As i've mentioned repeatedly elsewhere, I'm definitely not a 'shape' guy as much as some people are. The vertical stabs mean far less to me than the overall paint finish and texture. I consider all of those things part of the overall picture of 'accuracy,' not just shape as I'm guessing you tend to. Because I'm so heavily focused on finish and color, the HM releases to me look a lot more toylike - really subtle things like the fact that they use crayola silver for parts that really deserve a better choice of siliver-like metallic paint kills me. To me, a naively chosen silver color or a ridiculously clean finish with a toylike sheen are accuracy issues. i'm also a fan of stencils for just this reason - it adds the feel of authenticity, even if the stencils are done with 'scale effect' in mind and/or are not always correct. The day I thought HM might have made a severe wrong turn was the day HA1930 was released virtually stencil-less.

I don't think the difference between a HW ordinance and a CW one is just a bit of time putting on stencils It's more than that. Look at the finish, the much better chosen paint colors, and the fineness and application of the paint. It's quite a difference, i think.

As for the FOV - it was cheap and in my opinion for what it is looks quite good. I love the wash which makes it feel like an airplane. however, there are some egregious mistakes like the roundels. I risk ruining the model if the nail polish operation goes too far or if more likely it leaves a shiny spot that isnt easily re-washed with a bit of tamiya panel wash or diluted black ink. and i figure if i'm willing to do that, then adding a few decals and a bit of pain here and there is not a big deal since i'd have to apply a new protective coating anyway.

finally, don't get me totally wrong - some 'shape' things bug me too. once i realized how far off the HM F-106 nose was it put me off them completely, alas.
monsieur fs, you really aren't doing yourself any favours in light of monsieur uf's persistent dumpity dump drone...
tomcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 05:29 PM   #12 (permalink)
The Collector
 
Ukrainian_Falcons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 5,404
Default Re: Newbie Questions on F-14 Model Options

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcatter View Post
monsieur fs, you really aren't doing yourself any favours in light of monsieur uf's persistent dumpity dump drone...
Well obvious I was onto something because it became a constant reason as to why buy certain models, I don't know why people get butt hurt about it though, I just bought 2 models, one at a dumpity dumb price and the other at what I'd consider dump price compared to Aussie retailer gouge market, nothing wrong with being a cheapskate some of the time
Ukrainian_Falcons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 10:13 PM   #13 (permalink)
Complete Wacko!
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: timbuktu
Posts: 5,674
Default Re: Newbie Questions on F-14 Model Options

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukrainian_Falcons View Post
Well obvious I was onto something because it became a constant reason as to why buy certain models, I don't know why people get butt hurt about it though, I just bought 2 models, one at a dumpity dumb price and the other at what I'd consider dump price compared to Aussie retailer gouge market, nothing wrong with being a cheapskate some of the time
nothing wrong with picking up bargains, monsieur uf... but your mocking tone can get under one's skin. ya, aussie humour and all that... but you make it sound like monsieur fs ONLY buys dumpity dumps. doubt that that's the case especially since he's been pushing for premium models with better detailing etc too
tomcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 10:49 PM   #14 (permalink)
The Collector
 
Ukrainian_Falcons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 5,404
Default Re: Newbie Questions on F-14 Model Options

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcatter View Post
nothing wrong with picking up bargains, monsieur uf... but your mocking tone can get under one's skin. ya, aussie humour and all that... but you make it sound like monsieur fs ONLY buys dumpity dumps. doubt that that's the case especially since he's been pushing for premium models with better detailing etc too
He's the only one that specifically waits for something to dump though

And that FoV F-14 is hardly premium is it

Yep it's the Aussie humour......
Ukrainian_Falcons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 04:33 AM   #15 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
sarcasm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Deutschland
Posts: 266
Default Re: Newbie Questions on F-14 Model Options

The top notch F-14 is Century Wings with no dispute, HM loves to copy Century and the stuff about stabilizers I read is garbage non of it is correct. Next to Century is Calibre and they have originality in their work. Last but not least is HM but their tomcats are plagued by block /variant errors.
sarcasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 05:00 AM   #16 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
Mikael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Prague
Posts: 286
Default Re: Newbie Questions on F-14 Model Options

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasm View Post
and the stuff about stabilizers I read is garbage non of it is correct. Next to Century is Calibre and they have originality in their work. Last but not least is HM but their tomcats are plagued by block /variant errors.
You are talking garbage. Look at this picture. From left to right: Real F-14, CW F-14 Santa Cat, HM Jolly Rogers. Please tell me, which vertical stabilizer position looks closer to the real plane?



also, can you show me where block/variant errors are on HM F-14? If you dont have evidence, shut the hell up. Pretty sure it is people like you, spewing nonsense around, that at one point lead Hobby Master to stop listening to collector advice.
Mikael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 07:08 AM   #17 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
sarcasm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Deutschland
Posts: 266
Default Re: Newbie Questions on F-14 Model Options

I can insult you in the same nasty way you are talking and it will go forever and pointless. Those pictures you showed and things you said proves to me that you are 100% an amature, so don't mess with someone who knows more than you.
sarcasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 07:15 AM   #18 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
Mikael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Prague
Posts: 286
Default Re: Newbie Questions on F-14 Model Options

So far, you proved nothing. No photos, nothing, to support your claims, you filthy little troll. Explain to me how those pictures are wrong? And what makes you think you know more than I do? Do you know me? Do you even try to provide evidence to what you say? Unless you have evidence, you said nothing, proved nothing, mean nothing, and are nothing.
Mikael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 07:19 AM   #19 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
sarcasm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Deutschland
Posts: 266
Default Re: Newbie Questions on F-14 Model Options

Sir, when I warn you that I can be using the same nasty words that you do and you still don't care and repeat your insults then you are telling us all what you really are. I certainly don't like to be where you are.
sarcasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 07:22 AM   #20 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
Mikael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Prague
Posts: 286
Default Re: Newbie Questions on F-14 Model Options

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasm View Post
Sir, when I warn you that I can be using the same nasty words that you do and you still don't care and repeat your insults then you are telling us all what you really are. I certainly don't like to be where you are.
What I am is calling you out on your bull****. And you dont even try to defend your statement that what I said about vert stabs is wrong. And dont even start me with sirs, I dont care for that. And, if you call "troll" a nasty world, that tells me (and us), that you get so easily offended...

But, I would still ask you, can you provide me with a reason or proof that what I said about the vert stabs is wrong? And what is wrong with the picture I provided as a proof? If you indeed are smarter than I am, can you enlighten me?
Mikael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 07:28 AM   #21 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
sarcasm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Deutschland
Posts: 266
Default Re: Newbie Questions on F-14 Model Options

Mam, it's not about models anymore, if you think I am easily offended then you think your words weren't nasty at all and that using those words you did is a normal thing which again tell us all about who you are and what you are. I'd rather be where I am.
sarcasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 07:32 AM   #22 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
Mikael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Prague
Posts: 286
Default Re: Newbie Questions on F-14 Model Options

So still no proof? Then what you said about vert stabs can be dismissed as garbage, provided no claim to be otherwise. And no, those words arent nasty, and yes, using them is normal. And you cant know what I am and where I am from a few words on the internet. Welcome to the ignore list
Mikael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 03:24 PM   #23 (permalink)
Collector
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: PRG
Posts: 1,199
Default Re: Newbie Questions on F-14 Model Options

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flydenfeld View Post
Hi guys,

I've been collecting airliners for years, but I would love to buy a nice F-14. It seems that the 1/72 scale is popular.

In that scale, I've noticed threads on the Hobby Master, CalWings(?), and mention of Century Wings.

Which of these three companies do you guys like best? What criteria leed you to your conclusion?

I poked around by scrolling through previous threads, but did not find a direct answer to this question yet.

Thanks for your help!

You surely must be surprised, Flydenfeld, where your innocent newbie question led to, right? I hope your knowledge about F-14 factical pros and cons is much enriched now....
Ladia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 10:51 PM   #24 (permalink)
Complete Wacko!
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: timbuktu
Posts: 5,674
Default Re: Newbie Questions on F-14 Model Options

different collectors have different preferences. like monsieur fs, i have no bone to pick with cantered vertical stabs or highly accurate canopies. other collectors may be able to shed light on these but personally, i very much collect base on schemes. and personally i am not a fan of glossy finishes. century wings are good but they take a pretty long time to come out with anything (even if it's anniversary scheme replicas) so i'm pretty much following hobbymaster. jcwings has inherited a flawed mould but they've done some of the schemes i like so yeah, i do get them too. calibre wings... to be honest, it's a lot of hype. they probably tried too hard. overall, my money's on hobbymaster... not exactly cheap but relative to the quality, it's still the go to manufacturer of tomcats for me. with century and calibre, yes you get some extra details... but the premium you pay for them really doesn't justify the price. don't flame me, that's just my personal opinion.
tomcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 04:30 AM   #25 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 338
Default Re: Newbie Questions on F-14 Model Options

I did not buy HM MiG-21PFM Mongolian or the Korean models when I learnt from this forum that the pitot tube was wrongly place. Nor did I get JC wings Ukrainian Su-27 because the camo was not correctly rendered.

But there are people who do not care too much.

In the Malaysia Military Diecast Community I observed that the folks were happily displaying the models I just mentioned, since Mongolian and Korean schemes hard to come by.

Simply put, if everybody goes for the perfect woman, most guys would remain single.
kltower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 04:44 AM   #26 (permalink)
Complete Wacko!
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: timbuktu
Posts: 5,674
Default Re: Newbie Questions on F-14 Model Options

Quote:
Originally Posted by kltower View Post
I did not buy HM MiG-21PFM Mongolian or the Korean models when I learnt from this forum that the pitot tube was wrongly place. Nor did I get JC wings Ukrainian Su-27 because the camo was not correctly rendered.

But there are people who do not care too much.

In the Malaysia Military Diecast Community I observed that the folks were happily displaying the models I just mentioned, since Mongolian and Korean schemes hard to come by.

Simply put, if everybody goes for the perfect woman, most guys would remain single.
and is that why many women remain single?
tomcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 10:40 AM   #27 (permalink)
I Have Missile Lock!
 
Spooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Angels 54
Posts: 1,459
Default Re: Newbie Questions on F-14 Model Options

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikael View Post
So far, you proved nothing. No photos, nothing, to support your claims, you filthy little troll. Explain to me how those pictures are wrong? And what makes you think you know more than I do? Do you know me? Do you even try to provide evidence to what you say? Unless you have evidence, you said nothing, proved nothing, mean nothing, and are nothing.
Love it...!!!
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RCAF F-86 Sabres Rock!
Spooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 12:51 AM   #28 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
firefighterpilot1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 230
Default Re: Newbie Questions on F-14 Model Options

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikael View Post
You are talking garbage. Look at this picture. From left to right: Real F-14, CW F-14 Santa Cat, HM Jolly Rogers. Please tell me, which vertical stabilizer position looks closer to the real plane?

also, can you show me where block/variant errors are on HM F-14? If you dont have evidence, shut the hell up. Pretty sure it is people like you, spewing nonsense around, that at one point lead Hobby Master to stop listening to collector advice.
Here's a few examples.

ECM Sensor on the VF-84


Incorrect gun vents


Also incorrect gun vents


Poor Christine had some real clusters on her.


This VF-103 has a Full color star and bars when it should be black and white and it has the incorrect font on the tail.


This bump needs to be centered but will forever be off center on late era Tomcats unless HM produces a new mold.


And possibly my biggest annoyance with HM's Tomcat


So there are some of the errors with the various blocks and HM's mold. HM is planning on releasing other Tomcats that will require mods to their existing molds so the errors are just going to keep on coming. Feel free to shut the hell up, now.

Last edited by firefighterpilot1; 06-22-2017 at 01:14 AM.
firefighterpilot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 01:39 AM   #29 (permalink)
I Have Missile Lock!
 
Spooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Angels 54
Posts: 1,459
Default Re: Newbie Questions on F-14 Model Options

Was getting bored with DAC Forum but thanks to this exhilarating thread I'm now both entertained and educated. Expect you might receive a "warning" from the Forum Police but well done gentlemen - great heated discussion and love the "details". Freedom of speech and expression still lives - I hope! Please, "do not shut the hell up!"
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RCAF F-86 Sabres Rock!
Spooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:30 PM.

Latest Threads
- by Redrado
 

Models of the Week
 



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.