Aviation72 AV7243002 Swedish AF Saab Gripen JAS-39A - DA.C
 

Go Back   DA.C > Ground Control > Military Model Aircraft

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 3.00 average.
Old 03-11-2017, 06:36 AM   #1
Senior Collector
 
Grecog70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Rome
Age: 49
Posts: 442
Default Aviation72 AV7243002 Swedish AF Saab Gripen JAS-39A

Enjoy again!

https://flic.kr/s/aHskQAGMjN
__________________
"Have a bandit day!"
Grecog70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-11-2017, 08:35 AM   #2
Complete Wacko!
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: timbuktu
Posts: 5,672
Default Re: Aviation72 AV7243002 Swedish AF Saab Gripen JAS-39A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grecog70 View Post
Enjoy again!
for sure! your group shots are drawing me ever closer to the "dark" side. admittedly i've only got a couple of typhoons and a single tornado. both witty's
tomcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 01:13 PM   #3
Master Collector
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Miami
Posts: 565
Default Re: Aviation72 AV7243002 Swedish AF Saab Gripen JA

I have a herpa/modelyletadel Gripen. it's actually fairly cheap at less than 40 euro. and imo is better than jc wings or aviation72 because it has gear up/ down config. also cheaper of course.

Will post some pics whenever i get a chance.

I wish HM would do european fighter rels like eurofighter, rafale and gripen.
wildpig is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 06-14-2019, 06:55 PM   #4
Master Collector
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: essex, england
Age: 61
Posts: 606
Default Re: Aviation72 AV7243002 Swedish AF Saab Gripen JA

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpig View Post
I have a herpa/modelyletadel Gripen. it's actually fairly cheap at less than 40 euro. and imo is better than jc wings or aviation72 because it has gear up/ down config. also cheaper of course.

Will post some pics whenever i get a chance.

I wish HM would do european fighter rels like eurofighter, rafale and gripen.
HM can't & therefore won't do a Rafale because of Dassault's license fee. They've only done the latest Mirage because the distributor who requested it paid the license for it.
wilkinss77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 06:59 PM   #5
The Collector
 
Ukrainian_Falcons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 5,365
Default Re: Aviation72 AV7243002 Swedish AF Saab Gripen JA

I'd also like a Gripen, the current moulds are not great, not terrible, like the EF2000
Ukrainian_Falcons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 08:35 PM   #6
Master Collector
 
Light Fire Team's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Sydney
Posts: 637
Default Re: Aviation72 AV7243002 Swedish AF Saab Gripen JA

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkinss77 View Post
HM can't & therefore won't do a Rafale because of Dassault's license fee. They've only done the latest Mirage because the distributor who requested it paid the license for it.
Been that many Rafales released by Dassault Aviation/Premium X (and Altaya), one wonders whether it would be worth if for HM,....even if Dassault did not try to roger them with licencing fees??
__________________
"The deliberately planned fighter sweep went just as we'd hoped. The MiGs came up. The MiGs were aggressive. We tangled. They lost." BRIG Robin Olds.
Light Fire Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 05:27 PM   #7
Master Collector
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Miami
Posts: 565
Default Re: Aviation72 AV7243002 Swedish AF Saab Gripen JA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light Fire Team View Post
Been that many Rafales released by Dassault Aviation/Premium X (and Altaya), one wonders whether it would be worth if for HM,....even if Dassault did not try to roger them with licencing fees??

The more competition the better things get.

I do have an altaya rafale. while it does have removable landing gears, the weapons are fixed. Would be nice to have HM do the eurofighter, rafale, and gripen since they usually do a good job of geting the many removable weapons...

Seems like a weird coincidence that all three of the european fighters are not done by HM.
wildpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 07:21 PM   #8
Master Collector
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: essex, england
Age: 61
Posts: 606
Default Re: Aviation72 AV7243002 Swedish AF Saab Gripen JA

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpig View Post
The more competition the better things get.

I do have an altaya rafale. while it does have removable landing gears, the weapons are fixed. Would be nice to have HM do the eurofighter, rafale, and gripen since they usually do a good job of geting the many removable weapons...

Seems like a weird coincidence that all three of the european fighters are not done by HM.
HM can't do the Rafale, for the reason that I have already explained.
wilkinss77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 11:04 AM   #9
Collector
 
theo78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 58
Default Re: Aviation72 AV7243002 Swedish AF Saab Gripen JA

ok about the rafale, we got that dassault attitude is bad, but i wonder about the EF and the gripen. it seems that the euro warfighter manufacturers are harder to bargain with then US ones; it's not that i see a lot of tornados out there too, only the corgis i think.
theo78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 12:25 AM   #10
The Collector
 
Ukrainian_Falcons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 5,365
Default Re: Aviation72 AV7243002 Swedish AF Saab Gripen JA

Quote:
Originally Posted by theo78 View Post
ok about the rafale, we got that dassault attitude is bad, but i wonder about the EF and the gripen. it seems that the euro warfighter manufacturers are harder to bargain with then US ones; it's not that i see a lot of tornados out there too, only the corgis i think.
HM will likely never do Euro fighters since HM were initially not popular in that market when they started out and I'm guessing there's still some bad sentiment surrounding that.

As for Tornados, Witty did a few and I believe AC72 also used the Witty moulds. JCW are yet to produce a Tornado using the same moulds.
Ukrainian_Falcons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 12:37 AM   #11
Master Collector
 
Light Fire Team's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Sydney
Posts: 637
Default Re: Aviation72 AV7243002 Swedish AF Saab Gripen JA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukrainian_Falcons View Post
HM will likely never do Euro fighters since HM were initially not popular in that market when they started out and I'm guessing there's still some bad sentiment surrounding that.

As for Tornados, Witty did a few and I believe AC72 also used the Witty moulds. JCW are yet to produce a Tornado using the same moulds.
Only the F3,..not the GR1/3/4 Tonka.

The Tiffie has been in HM's sight for ages. But with two manufacturers (plus Altaya) already for a type, which that never served with the US or has a large export market was always going to be a hard ask.

No bad sentiment,....just a business decision.
__________________
"The deliberately planned fighter sweep went just as we'd hoped. The MiGs came up. The MiGs were aggressive. We tangled. They lost." BRIG Robin Olds.

Last edited by Light Fire Team; 06-17-2019 at 12:44 AM.
Light Fire Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 09:48 PM   #12
Insane Collector
 
Blues Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,635
Default Re: Aviation72 AV7243002 Swedish AF Saab Gripen JA

Gripen in the recent news....

https://www.defensenews.com/global/e...aircraft-race/

BB
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Blues Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 10:45 PM   #13
Master Collector
 
Light Fire Team's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Sydney
Posts: 637
Default Re: Aviation72 AV7243002 Swedish AF Saab Gripen JA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues Boy View Post
Shame. The aircraft has real capability for a reasonable price,....but they getting out muscled by Lockheed, BOEING and the European firms.

Unfortunately, one of the biggest problems with the type is the lack of numbers giving it real enabling mass. With less than 300 delivered,...and ordered (including the E). Even the Rafale may out do the Gripen when its all said and done.
__________________
"The deliberately planned fighter sweep went just as we'd hoped. The MiGs came up. The MiGs were aggressive. We tangled. They lost." BRIG Robin Olds.
Light Fire Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 08:42 AM   #14
Master Collector
 
cheesecake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Angers - France
Posts: 946
Default Re: Aviation72 AV7243002 Swedish AF Saab Gripen JA

thanks Grecog... Gripen is a nice "small" plane !


I saw the Altaya version... I grabbed an hungarian version
cheesecake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 02:55 PM   #15
Senior Collector
 
Grecog70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Rome
Age: 49
Posts: 442
Default Re: Aviation72 AV7243002 Swedish AF Saab Gripen JA

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesecake View Post
thanks Grecog... Gripen is a nice "small" plane !


I saw the Altaya version... I grabbed an hungarian version

You're welcome.
__________________
"Have a bandit day!"
Grecog70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 06:18 PM   #16
Master Collector
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Miami
Posts: 565
Default Re: Aviation72 AV7243002 Swedish AF Saab Gripen JA

that's too bad for saab, the aircraft looks nice and very reasonably priced compared to the competitors....
wildpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 05:05 PM   #17
Master Collector
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Miami
Posts: 565
Default Re: Aviation72 AV7243002 Swedish AF Saab Gripen JA

Here's my Saab JAS-39C Gripen from modelyletadel.cz only $40 each with about $20 for shipping even if you get 3 models for various tiger meets which i got.

They have the autographed one for a little more but i didn't feel like getting those. Also the signed ones don't have as many hardpoints loaded on the wings

You also can get the optiional ext fuel tanks which i did

https://www.modelyletadel.cz/jas-39c...ai-france.html

These have gear up or down configuration. Which is better than aviation72 fixed gears. Also the ext tanks are optional on the ones i got so you can detach or attach...

Yes, they are plasticky, but they are nice! there are not really much choices you have for gripens anyway. And for the price, you can't go wrong.

Only thing that would make them better is if they would have also used the fuselage hardpoints..

It's amazing how small gripen is. it's significantly smaller than an F-16! i don't yet have an F-5 but it's probably about the size of F-5, barely bigger than A-4

Hope you enjoy the pics:
Attached Thumbnails
Aviation72 AV7243002 Swedish AF Saab Gripen JAS-39A-dscn2884.jpg   Aviation72 AV7243002 Swedish AF Saab Gripen JAS-39A-dscn2885.jpg   Aviation72 AV7243002 Swedish AF Saab Gripen JAS-39A-dscn2886.jpg   Aviation72 AV7243002 Swedish AF Saab Gripen JAS-39A-dscn2887.jpg   Aviation72 AV7243002 Swedish AF Saab Gripen JAS-39A-dscn2888.jpg  

Aviation72 AV7243002 Swedish AF Saab Gripen JAS-39A-dscn2889.jpg   Aviation72 AV7243002 Swedish AF Saab Gripen JAS-39A-dscn2890.jpg   Aviation72 AV7243002 Swedish AF Saab Gripen JAS-39A-dscn2891.jpg   Aviation72 AV7243002 Swedish AF Saab Gripen JAS-39A-dscn2892.jpg  

Last edited by wildpig; 06-28-2019 at 05:12 PM.
wildpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:43 PM.

Latest Threads
- by DanO6
 

Models of the Week
 



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.