Sea King and Apollo Capsule - Page 2 - DA.C
 

Go Back   DA.C > Ground Control > Military Model Aircraft

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 2.33 average.
Old 01-01-2019, 05:10 PM   #51
Insane Collector
 
Blues Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,672
Default Re: Sea King and Apollo Capsule

Just feeding a space related thread....

Managed to identify all the Rockets in Wernher Von Braun office collection seen below....feel free to comment and or correct what's listed...

left to right

1. Pershing 1
2. A4 V-2 Prototype
3. PGM-11 Redstone
4. Juno 1 / Explorer 1
5. Mercury Redstone
6. Jupitor
7. Juno 2
8. Atlas-Agena
9. Atlas-Mercury
10. Atlas-Centaur
11. Saturn 1
12. Saturn 1 Block 2
13. Saturn 1B
14. Saturn V



BB
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Blues Boy; 01-01-2019 at 07:07 PM.
Blues Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-01-2019, 06:12 PM   #52
Insane Collector
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Guaynabo,Puerto Rico, USA
Age: 63
Posts: 1,744
Default Re: Sea King and Apollo Capsule

Great photo, needed to make a hole in the ceiling to fit the Saturn V! Awesome! Great info and stunning display of the Sea King and the Apollo 11 capsule! Very nice!
egonzinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 08:34 PM   #53
Senior Junior Collector
 
American Werewolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Southern California
Posts: 125
Default Re: Sea King and Apollo Capsule

Quote:
Originally Posted by egonzinc View Post
Great photo, needed to make a hole in the ceiling to fit the Saturn V! Awesome! Great info and stunning display of the Sea King and the Apollo 11 capsule! Very nice!
Am I missing something? Sea King? Apollo capsule?
__________________
My California: progressive, illegal sanctuary mecca of the world!
American Werewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 11-08-2019, 02:02 AM   #54
Insane Collector
 
Blues Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,672
Default Re: Sea King and Apollo Capsule

Resurrecting this thread.......

I ordered this.....materials used not mentioned however it's 1:72 and a fair price considering you get a 784 page book hardcover with it.

Now if I can only get for a cheap price (yes I'm dreaming) the 1/72 Corgi Apollo 11 Recovery set to pair with it....that's a holy grail for me....

BB

https://www.militaryissue.com/Apollo...ctinfo/703678/

Sea King and Apollo Capsule-image.jpg
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Blues Boy; 11-08-2019 at 01:31 PM.
Blues Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 09:14 AM   #55
aka Goonybird
 
Aviaction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Planet Gong
Posts: 1,769
Default Re: Sea King and Apollo Capsule

Looks a bit like the Dragon release.


https://www.flyingmule.com/products/DM-50387



Dragon made a great range in 1/72 and 1/400.


Prices now a bit high due to rarity


I snagged the Saturn V, The Apollo 11 base and some othe rpieces before they went too expensive
__________________
70x 1/200 Concordes - and the fleet keeps growing. 4x 1/200 Concordskis
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Aviaction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 11:31 AM   #56
Insane Collector
 
Blues Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,672
Default Re: Sea King and Apollo Capsule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviaction View Post
Looks a bit like the Dragon release.


https://www.flyingmule.com/products/DM-50387



Dragon made a great range in 1/72 and 1/400.


Prices now a bit high due to rarity


I snagged the Saturn V, The Apollo 11 base and some othe rpieces before they went too expensive
Yes.....it is a 2019 Dragon Release....appropriately for the Apollo 11 Anniversary 1st moon landing famous event ....needless to say...it's on back order 4-6 weeks. I wish I knew earlier this year....But I asked customer service if it was discontinued they would be obliged to tell me....they assured me that it's not discontinued....they simply ran out being this close to the holidays. Popular indeed to have run out...I mean I just got there holiday catalog in the mail a few days ago.

From Dragon's 2019 online Catalog...

http://www.dragon-models.com/CATALOG...on_catalog.pdf

UPDATE .....WARNING!! what is in the Dragons Catalog is a plastic model kit.

It maybe that the item as shown in my previous post is an already built diorama. The base used is the same base used as the flying mule shows which is an already built Dragon models diorama.

Could it be that Dragon does both kit form and built form for the same scene???

BB

Sea King and Apollo Capsule-image.jpeg
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Blues Boy; 11-08-2019 at 12:25 PM.
Blues Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 01:15 PM   #57
Insane Collector
 
Blues Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,672
Default Re: Sea King and Apollo Capsule

I'll answer my own question

Yes it could be!

Just off the phone with customer service...according to current info, it should be the built version of the kit in the Dragons 2019 catalog.

Below you can see from the Flying Mule reference of a previous released Dragon Models Apollo 12 built model sold in the first two pics. In the third pic is the released 2019 Dragons Models Apollo 11 from their catalog shown in kit form #11002.

Crossing my fingers I actually get the built form and not the kit form. I'll be pissed off if I get a kit in which I do not have the desire or steady hands to build. As I page through their catalog....anything that is in kit form states....Assembly Reguired. Skill level #. The Dragons Apollo 11 I ordered doesn't say that in it's description.

BB

Sea King and Apollo Capsule-image.jpg
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Blues Boy; 11-08-2019 at 01:25 PM.
Blues Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 01:53 PM   #58
Insane Collector
 
AirCal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 1,307
Default Re: Sea King and Apollo Capsule

Please let us know when you receive it, it would be great if is a pre-built Apollo 11!
AirCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 01:58 PM   #59
Insane Collector
 
Blues Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,672
Default Re: Sea King and Apollo Capsule

I sure hope it's the Built model I receive....

look at this Amazon offering for the built version.

No wonder at the price from the catalog, that the stock was depleted and now on back order.......not sold out or discontinued. As my lack of luck would have it...It turns out it was in stock earlier in the day before I ordered. By the time I ordered, this item went to back order status.

BB

Sea King and Apollo Capsule-image.jpg
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Blues Boy; 11-08-2019 at 02:06 PM.
Blues Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 06:45 PM   #60
Design with Elegance.
 
Upkeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Toronto, CANADA
Posts: 5,525
Exclamation Re: Sea King and Apollo Capsule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues Boy View Post
I'll answer my own question

Yes it could be!

Just off the phone with customer service...according to current info, it should be the built version of the kit in the Dragons 2019 catalog.

Below you can see from the Flying Mule reference of a previous released Dragon Models Apollo 12 built model sold in the first two pics. In the third pic is the released 2019 Dragons Models Apollo 11 from their catalog shown in kit form #11002.

Crossing my fingers I actually get the built form and not the kit form. I'll be pissed off if I get a kit in which I do not have the desire or steady hands to build. As I page through their catalog....anything that is in kit form states....Assembly Reguired. Skill level #. The Dragons Apollo 11 I ordered doesn't say that in it's description.

BB

Attachment 328888
Here's hoping you get the built form, but it is too bad you were unaware that some Dragon items have been offered as either built or kit form. I ran into that a few years ago when investigating the Flying Wings they were offering. Same situation. In the end I passed on both (prop or jet). I may consider the 1:72 kit and just DIY the thing nicely.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Élégance en vol . . . Airfrance-style!
Upkeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 08:23 PM   #61
Insane Collector
 
Blues Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,672
Default Re: Sea King and Apollo Capsule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upkeep View Post
Here's hoping you get the built form, but it is too bad you were unaware that some Dragon items have been offered as either built or kit form. I ran into that a few years ago when investigating the Flying Wings they were offering. Same situation. In the end I passed on both (prop or jet). I may consider the 1:72 kit and just DIY the thing nicely.
That's funny because I did buy the 2 Dragon built Flying Wings to go with my Flying Wings theme. I never put the possibly two types (built and kit) together in my head cause once I saw the builts, I didn't know of or look at the kits. Huh.

My Wings....

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 18
Size:  20.2 KB

BB
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Blues Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 08:33 PM   #62
Insane Collector
 
Blues Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,672
Default Re: Sea King and Apollo Capsule

What's being sold now, may be a reissue under contract because of Apollo 11ths Anniversary this year, to Military Issue (a division or subsidiary of the distributor Historic Aviation). It's not the first time Dragon Models did a reissue and or model number change in the past...it was initially released in 2011.

BB

Sea King and Apollo Capsule-image.jpg
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Blues Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:19 PM   #63
Design with Elegance.
 
Upkeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Toronto, CANADA
Posts: 5,525
Thumbs up Re: Sea King and Apollo Capsule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues Boy View Post
That's funny because I did buy the 2 Dragon built Flying Wings to go with my Flying Wings theme. I never put the possibly two types (built and kit) together in my head cause once I saw the builts, I didn't know of or look at the kits. Huh.

My Wings....

Attachment 328900

BB
That's a very nice collection!

Dragon is an odd one. I always knew of them as complete builds until I saw the Flying Wings also offered on their website as kits. Now we know, yes?
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Élégance en vol . . . Airfrance-style!
Upkeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:49 PM.

Latest Threads
- by wildpig
 

Models of the Week
 



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.