Hobby Master HA5601 MiG-25P Foxbat, Lt. V. Belenko, Japan 1976 - Page 5 - DA.C
 

Go Back   DA.C > Ground Control > Military Model Aircraft

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 20 votes, 3.55 average.
Old 03-30-2017, 06:20 PM   #201
Insane Collector
 
Blues Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,705
Default Re: Hobby Master HA5601 MiG-25P Foxbat, Lt. V. Belenko, Japan 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by plane737 View Post
Just saw the pics.
I just saw the pics too.....but there maybe a light at the end of the tunnel, hopefully not a train ....... While in pre-pro ....... For those who think this plane is lacking and you see deficiencies ... Let William know your concerns as soon as possible ... And he may consider what you have to say.....this is an opportunity before the Final pictures show up. Good Luck to those who try

BB
Blues Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-30-2017, 07:30 PM   #202
Makoto Shinjo
 
SweptWings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Area 88
Posts: 252
Default Re: Hobby Master HA5601 MiG-25P Foxbat, Lt. V. Belenko, Japan 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues Boy View Post
I just saw the pics too.....but there maybe a light at the end of the tunnel, hopefully not a train ....... While in pre-pro ....... For those who think this plane is lacking and you see deficiencies ... Let William know your concerns as soon as possible ... And he may consider what you have to say.....this is an opportunity before the Final pictures show up. Good Luck to those who try

BB
I agree. Although this Mig is not on my sights, I have to agree with what Blues Boy has to say. Forward your recommendations / corrections to HM so they can make the proper revisions.

I've read somewhere in this forum regarding the blues on the F-15Cs. I think that has been done away with with the release of the "Demo" Eagle which in my opinion is a sign of good things to come for the rest of the F-15Cs. Whether that was actually correction done or they just ran out of blue paint isn't something we will know, but still, the correction was made.



Quote:
Originally Posted by FortunateSon View Post
Pre-pro pics released. Unfortunately, they look the opposite of good. If you told me that was a gaincorp release i'd say that was about right. I'm sure the mould is more or less fine, but the paint finish makes it look absolutely toylike.
Forgive me if this sounds like a dumb question, but is it because the model looks like it is "too matte" finish?

I remember two of my F-18C Legacy Hornets and they have this "satin" finish which is between glossy and matte. Is this the kind of finish you'd prefer?

Last edited by SweptWings; 03-30-2017 at 07:43 PM.
SweptWings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 09:46 PM   #203
Collector
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: PRG
Posts: 1,102
Default Re: Hobby Master HA5601 MiG-25P Foxbat, Lt. V. Belenko, Japan 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweptWings View Post
...... Forgive me if this sounds like a dumb question, but is it because the model looks like it is "too matte" finish?

I remember two of my F-18C Legacy Hornets and they have this "satin" finish which is between glossy and matte. Is this the kind of finish you'd prefer?

Matte finish is completely ok IMHO, MIGs-25P were matte.

Lets see how the front joint line will look in the flesh. (Altaya has moved this joint line much closer to underside on their MIG-31 to keep front section tidy.)

Adding cockpit color on inside of the canopy frame would be nice detail:

Last edited by Ladia; 03-30-2017 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Photo added.
Ladia is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 03-30-2017, 10:32 PM   #204
Makoto Shinjo
 
SweptWings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Area 88
Posts: 252
Default Re: Hobby Master HA5601 MiG-25P Foxbat, Lt. V. Belenko, Japan 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladia View Post
Matte finish is completely ok IMHO, MIGs-25P were matte.

Lets see how the front joint line will look in the flesh. (Altaya has moved this joint line much closer to underside on their MIG-31 to keep front section tidy.)

Adding cockpit color on inside of the canopy frame would be nice detail.
I see.

One thing I am curious about this model is that I believe this aircraft has some seriously large nozzles. At this point there will be a good view of the inside, I wonder if there's some good detailing to be seen there. Pre-pro photos don't show a straight view of the aircraft's rear.
SweptWings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 10:54 PM   #205
Collector
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: PRG
Posts: 1,102
Default Re: Hobby Master HA5601 MiG-25P Foxbat, Lt. V. Belenko, Japan 1976

Good point with the intakes. This MIG would really deserve detailed intake blades.




Also looking at this comparison photo on Hawkone´s site I wonder how the retail price will be calculated:

Ladia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 11:02 PM   #206
Insane Collector
 
Blues Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,705
Default Re: Hobby Master HA5601 MiG-25P Foxbat, Lt. V. Belenko, Japan 1976

Interesting prototype pics of this beast HA5601....found where else? TaoBao


https://world.taobao.com/item/545545....KIzMGX#detail

BB

Scroll down webpage

Last edited by Blues Boy; 03-31-2017 at 01:59 AM.
Blues Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 03:22 AM   #207
The Collector
 
Ukrainian_Falcons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 5,382
Default Re: Hobby Master HA5601 MiG-25P Foxbat, Lt. V. Belenko, Japan 1976

Saying it's toy like is abit harsh, it's just a very bland scheme, one which I can now say with 100% certainty, I will be passing on, bland plus flown by a traitor, will wait for a Russian Guards Regiment to be done now.
Ukrainian_Falcons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 03:27 AM   #208
Complete Wacko!
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: timbuktu
Posts: 5,672
Default Re: Hobby Master HA5601 MiG-25P Foxbat, Lt. V. Belenko, Japan 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukrainian_Falcons View Post
Saying it's toy like is abit harsh, it's just a very bland scheme, one which I can now say with 100% certainty, I will be passing on, bland plus flown by a traitor, will wait for a Russian Guards Regiment to be done now.
you've got a valid point. i'm reconsidering getting this inaugural hm foxbat and holding out for a nicer scheme...
tomcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 03:33 AM   #209
Senior Collector
 
tim_1/72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Manila
Posts: 439
Default Re: Hobby Master HA5601 MiG-25P Foxbat, Lt. V. Belenko, Japan 1976

Sure could use some little bit more stencils. It'll really help these plain schemes.
tim_1/72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 03:44 AM   #210
The Collector
 
Ukrainian_Falcons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 5,382
Default Re: Hobby Master HA5601 MiG-25P Foxbat, Lt. V. Belenko, Japan 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim_1/72 View Post
Sure could use some little bit more stencils. It'll really help these plain schemes.
It's amazing how just that little bit more effort makes the model more buyable all of a sudden.

Would still prefer more emblems etc, the model is such a bit hunk of zinc/plastic? that it needs more markings on a plain grey scheme.
Ukrainian_Falcons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 03:51 AM   #211
Complete Wacko!
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: timbuktu
Posts: 5,672
Default Re: Hobby Master HA5601 MiG-25P Foxbat, Lt. V. Belenko, Japan 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukrainian_Falcons View Post
It's amazing how just that little bit more effort makes the model more buyable all of a sudden.

Would still prefer more emblems etc, the model is such a bit hunk of zinc/plastic? that it needs more markings on a plain grey scheme.
it'll make for a good donor model, though
tomcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 04:29 AM   #212
Master Collector
 
cheesecake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Angers - France
Posts: 957
Default Re: Hobby Master HA5601 MiG-25P Foxbat, Lt. V. Belenko, Japan 1976

The join line too visible for me... and few tampoo would be good !
Painting is ok for me.

Otherwise, i will take it... especially because it's the Belenko's foxbat !
Certainly he's a traitor, but he has been part of history and it's one thing what i'm looking for with diecast models !
It will fit perfectly with my JASDF F-4

And, the pieces closing U/C seem to be hard to fit...

Last edited by cheesecake; 03-31-2017 at 04:46 AM.
cheesecake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 06:25 AM   #213
The Collector
 
Ukrainian_Falcons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 5,382
Default Re: Hobby Master HA5601 MiG-25P Foxbat, Lt. V. Belenko, Japan 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesecake View Post
The join line too visible for me... and few tampoo would be good !
Painting is ok for me.

Otherwise, i will take it... especially because it's the Belenko's foxbat !
Certainly he's a traitor, but he has been part of history and it's one thing what i'm looking for with diecast models !
It will fit perfectly with my JASDF F-4

And, the pieces closing U/C seem to be hard to fit...
There's defo the history part but without the tempo added by Tim, it looks like an incomplete model.

Main gears could have had more care assembling, struts and wheels bent, I'd expect this on say an Amercom model but not a +$100 HM.
Ukrainian_Falcons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 07:13 AM   #214
Senior Collector
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 334
Default Re: Hobby Master HA5601 MiG-25P Foxbat, Lt. V. Belenko, Japan 1976

They can't go adding detail that wasn't there, guys...





She's a pretty plain paint scheme.

What it misses, is some weathering. I suspect a nice drybrush would do wonders on this one. If only I had the courage to drybrush a $180 model!
Comco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 07:36 AM   #215
The Collector
 
Ukrainian_Falcons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 5,382
Default Re: Hobby Master HA5601 MiG-25P Foxbat, Lt. V. Belenko, Japan 1976

I think you'll find they had a fair amount of markings here and there on aircraft that still had their original paint.

Attachment 246529

Attachment 246537

Last edited by Ukrainian_Falcons; 12-15-2018 at 06:30 AM.
Ukrainian_Falcons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 07:54 AM   #216
Senior Collector
 
tim_1/72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Manila
Posts: 439
Default Re: Hobby Master HA5601 MiG-25P Foxbat, Lt. V. Belenko, Japan 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comco View Post
They can't go adding detail that wasn't there, guys...
That doesn't make any sense. You're showing a different aircraft and are claiming that the original didn't have any. That makes as much sense as me saying that it had more details in them and then I show you a different aircraft with those details.

Anyway here's some pics of this very aircraft shared by some lads in the other forum. It definitely has the details in them





I say HM should be liberal when it comes to those details. We can't really go into every HM model and say that these didn't have those details in real life. I would bet my left nut that there's bound to be some HM model there that had details that weren't present in the real thing. Whatever stencil that is most common with the foxbat I say put it on there. That's pretty much what they've been doing with the rest of their models all along anyway. They most use templates that they used from a previous release and they just incorporate it into the next release

Last edited by tim_1/72; 03-31-2017 at 08:02 AM.
tim_1/72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 08:04 AM   #217
Too many models! (1500+)
 
FortunateSon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Honiara
Posts: 2,159
Default Re: Hobby Master HA5601 MiG-25P Foxbat, Lt. V. Belenko, Japan 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comco View Post
They can't go adding detail that wasn't there, guys...

you mean like those plainly visible stencils, and some semblance of the texture of the various metals that more or less give this aircraft its look? look at the first image you posted. does the hm model even come close in any possible way to looking like that?

on an aircraft with few details, it's hm job to make the most of what detail there is. for example the aforementioned stencils and the various metallic engine area parts. and the gear. and maybe the weapons.

on the HM plus side, i opened up FW190 herman graf the other day - it's lovely. of course it's an airshow version but with just enough details to make it really good (8/10) and maybe the best "seamless" model in 1/48 that i have ever seen (mould fit 9.7/10).

Last edited by FortunateSon; 03-31-2017 at 08:09 AM.
FortunateSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 08:30 AM   #218
1:200 and 1:72 Collector
 
geeforce9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Exeter
Age: 38
Posts: 1,722
Default Re: Hobby Master HA5601 MiG-25P Foxbat, Lt. V. Belenko, Japan 1976

A bit of code 3 weathering would go a long way on this model. Hopefully some further detailing can be applied before full production goes ahead, in my opinion the mold is fine, just needs a little fine tuning to finish it off.
__________________
Regards, Andy


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
geeforce9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 12:15 PM   #219
Sukhoi Collector
 
plane737's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Winchester
Age: 46
Posts: 1,935
Default Re: Hobby Master HA5601 MiG-25P Foxbat, Lt. V. Belenko, Japan 1976

On the fence with this release. Not a Must have for me really. Maybe will wait for a Ukrainian or Syrian silver scheme sometime in the future.
plane737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 12:20 PM   #220
Complete Wacko!
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: timbuktu
Posts: 5,672
Default Re: Hobby Master HA5601 MiG-25P Foxbat, Lt. V. Belenko, Japan 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by plane737 View Post
On the fence with this release. Not a Must have for me really. Maybe will wait for a Ukrainian or Syrian silver scheme sometime in the future.
yeah... pretty painful to be sitting on the fence with a few of the stuff hm is dishing out. a tug of war between a model worn some history to it and another with a more attractive scheme. decisions.. decisions. decisions.
tomcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 02:33 PM   #221
Senior Collector
 
Robert Wycoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Bellaire (Houston), Texas
Posts: 198
Default Re: Hobby Master HA5601 MiG-25P Foxbat, Lt. V. Belenko, Japan 1976

Has anyone asked the question whether HM will do a MiG-31? The overall size and shape should make it pretty easy?
Robert Wycoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 04:53 PM   #222
Sukhoi Collector
 
plane737's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Winchester
Age: 46
Posts: 1,935
Default Re: Hobby Master HA5601 MiG-25P Foxbat, Lt. V. Belenko, Japan 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcatter View Post
yeah... pretty painful to be sitting on the fence with a few of the stuff hm is dishing out. a tug of war between a model worn some history to it and another with a more attractive scheme. decisions.. decisions. decisions.
True. Maybe it's the 'plain Jane' scheme on this foxbat makes it look toyish. Would rather see a bit more color on this airframe. Maybe this?
Hobby Master HA5601 MiG-25P Foxbat, Lt. V. Belenko, Japan 1976-18_3.jpg
plane737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 08:28 PM   #223
Insane Collector
 
Mystère's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Midway between Omaha Beach and Paris.
Age: 49
Posts: 2,839
Default Re: Hobby Master HA5601 MiG-25P Foxbat, Lt. V. Belenko, Japan 1976

Well, I can't say I'm jumping all around seeing these pictures of a much expected model. The forward fuselage seam is really visible, I don't remember noticing it that much on the first pictures of the mould we saw here. At least it's a MiG-25P, not a PD.

I agree, a few stencils would make it look better. Not too sure about the radar radome color too, as on pictures of red 31 it could be gray, but MiG-25's radomes of this era were usually green : could someone tell us more ?



Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Wycoff View Post
Has anyone asked the question whether HM will do a MiG-31? The overall size and shape should make it pretty easy?
As already discussed here, it's a completely different aircraft, despite similar shape. So it's very unlikely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plane737 View Post
True. Maybe it's the 'plain Jane' scheme on this foxbat makes it look toyish. Would rather see a bit more color on this airframe. Maybe this?
Attachment 246665
But it's a RBS, still to be done.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Open your eyes, because the revolution won't be televised"

Still looking for following 1/400 models :
AIR FRANCE Concorde F-BVFC & F-BVFD
AIR FRANCE 747 delivery colors F-BPVH
Mystère is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 12:45 AM   #224
The Collector
 
Ukrainian_Falcons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 5,382
Default Re: Hobby Master HA5601 MiG-25P Foxbat, Lt. V. Belenko, Japan 1976

The seem was always there, you can barely see it in the pre paint pre pro, it was just a clever and tricky angle the photo was taken to hide its obviousness.

There are far worse seems like on the current batch of F-5's.
Ukrainian_Falcons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 11:26 AM   #225
Senior Collector
 
tim_1/72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Manila
Posts: 439
Default Re: Hobby Master HA5601 MiG-25P Foxbat, Lt. V. Belenko, Japan 1976

A larger pic of what it can look like with stencils



And with the text a little bigger
tim_1/72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 11:42 AM   #226
Complete Wacko!
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: timbuktu
Posts: 5,672
Default Re: Hobby Master HA5601 MiG-25P Foxbat, Lt. V. Belenko, Japan 1976

that does look awesome, monsieur tim1/72. perhaps the foxbat is going the way of non-jasdf spooks acme you gotto apply aftermarket decals yourself. speaking of which, monsieur tker was embarking on such a project. wonder what happened to that? oh wait, no foostool.... i mean workbench
tomcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 12:02 PM   #227
Senior Collector
 
tim_1/72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Manila
Posts: 439
Default Re: Hobby Master HA5601 MiG-25P Foxbat, Lt. V. Belenko, Japan 1976

In the other forum a member already posted that william said it'll come with more stencils. Speaking of projects, I recall a forum member, I don't know who exactly or what thread it was, but successfully put aftermarket decals in his Spook. Can't find the thread but it was the HM Dan Cherry f-4 I think. I just remember it looking awesome
tim_1/72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 12:58 PM   #228
Sukhoi Collector
 
plane737's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Winchester
Age: 46
Posts: 1,935
Default Re: Hobby Master HA5601 MiG-25P Foxbat, Lt. V. Belenko, Japan 1976

What a world of diff. a bit of weathering does. I know it's too much to expect from a mass produced diecast model, but it would look awesome.
Hobby Master HA5601 MiG-25P Foxbat, Lt. V. Belenko, Japan 1976-mig_25.jpg
plane737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 07:16 AM   #229
Junior Collector
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: EFSF
Posts: 7
Default Re: Hobby Master HA5601 MiG-25P Foxbat, Lt. V. Belenko, Japan 1976

A disappointing join line across front fuselage like HM F-15.
abdner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 07:02 PM   #230
Collector
 
LeoQu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: New England
Posts: 145
Thumbs down Re: Hobby Master HA5601 MiG-25P Foxbat, Lt. V. Belenko, Japan 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeforce9 View Post
A bit of code 3 weathering would go a long way on this model. Hopefully some further detailing can be applied before full production goes ahead, in my opinion the mold is fine, just needs a little fine tuning to finish it off.

Had the same thing in mind, the mold overall looks pleasant, and that gap isn't much of an issue, personally. Just the craptastic paint/finish and crayola silver around the nozzles. Bummer since I think a classy grey Foxbat, especially a notable one like Belenko's, would be an instant sell for me.

Nice mock up with the decals Tim!
LeoQu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 06:01 AM   #231
Too many models! (1500+)
 
FortunateSon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Honiara
Posts: 2,159
Default Re: Hobby Master HA5601 MiG-25P Foxbat, Lt. V. Belenko, Japan 1976

i remember another company long ago that used to make a few decent soviet aircraft with plenty of stencils, subtle shading to metal areas to actually attempt to replicate the real thing, landing gear that didn't look like it was dipped in tippex/whiteout, weapons that didn't look like they belonged in a fisher-price set, etc. the name escapes me - does anybody remember what company managed to put our models like the one below? it is a pity that their attention to detail and skills apparently died out with whatever company that was.

FortunateSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 06:17 AM   #232
Complete Wacko!
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: timbuktu
Posts: 5,672
Default Re: Hobby Master HA5601 MiG-25P Foxbat, Lt. V. Belenko, Japan 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by FortunateSon View Post
i remember another company long ago that used to make a few decent soviet aircraft with plenty of stencils, subtle shading to metal areas to actually attempt to replicate the real thing, landing gear that didn't look like it was dipped in tippex/whiteout, weapons that didn't look like they belonged in a fisher-price set, etc. the name escapes me - does anybody remember what company managed to put our models like the one below? it is a pity that their attention to detail and skills apparently died out with whatever company that was.
waiting for monsieur ukrainian falcons in 3... 2... 1...
tomcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 06:23 AM   #233
Collector
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: PRG
Posts: 1,102
Default Re: Hobby Master HA5601 MiG-25P Foxbat, Lt. V. Belenko, Japan 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by FortunateSon View Post
i remember another company long ago that used to make a few decent soviet aircraft with plenty of stencils, subtle shading to metal areas to actually attempt to replicate the real thing, landing gear that didn't look like it was dipped in tippex/whiteout, weapons that didn't look like they belonged in a fisher-price set, etc. the name escapes me - does anybody remember what company managed to put our models like the one below? it is a pity that their attention to detail and skills apparently died out with whatever company that was.


... good point , FS!

Completely agree: stenciling as on Tim´s second pic and panel lines wash would be optimal final solution for Belenko´s MIG.
Ladia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 06:25 AM   #234
The Collector
 
Ukrainian_Falcons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 5,382
Default Re: Hobby Master HA5601 MiG-25P Foxbat, Lt. V. Belenko, Japan 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcatter View Post
waiting for monsieur ukrainian falcons in 3... 2... 1...
Nope

_______________
Ukrainian_Falcons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 01:16 PM   #235
Reft crosed trafficah
 
Jumper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Upland, CA
Posts: 901
Default Re: Hobby Master HA5601 MiG-25P Foxbat, Lt. V. Belenko, Japan 1976

Stop with the monsieur. Jesus.
Jumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 02:20 PM   #236
Complete Wacko!
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: timbuktu
Posts: 5,672
Default Re: Hobby Master HA5601 MiG-25P Foxbat, Lt. V. Belenko, Japan 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumper View Post
Stop with the monsieur. Jesus.
stop with the jesus, monsieur
tomcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 08:09 PM   #237
The Collector
 
Ukrainian_Falcons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 5,382
Default Re: Hobby Master HA5601 MiG-25P Foxbat, Lt. V. Belenko, Japan 1976

Monsieur Tomcatter, I'm sorry to disappoint you but Monsieur FS is right, there was a company doing what he said but they haven't made anything for about 5-10 yrs now, must of had problems with the factory or experts
Ukrainian_Falcons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 01:47 AM   #238
Complete Wacko!
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: timbuktu
Posts: 5,672
Default Re: Hobby Master HA5601 MiG-25P Foxbat, Lt. V. Belenko, Japan 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukrainian_Falcons View Post
Monsieur Tomcatter, I'm sorry to disappoint you but Monsieur FS is right, there was a company doing what he said but they haven't made anything for about 5-10 yrs now, must of had problems with the factory or experts
see what happens when you ignore the smurf unions...
tomcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 01:55 AM   #239
Insane Collector
 
tker76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Perth
Posts: 1,820
Default Re: Hobby Master HA5601 MiG-25P Foxbat, Lt. V. Belenko, Japan 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcatter View Post
see what happens when you ignore the smurf unions...
Those bloody Smurfs are very militant unionists I believe, always holding out for pay rises, more holidays and better working conditions - which as they see matters is mainly the right to use more blue paint in everything
tker76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 04:37 AM   #240
Complete Wacko!
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: timbuktu
Posts: 5,672
Default Re: Hobby Master HA5601 MiG-25P Foxbat, Lt. V. Belenko, Japan 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by tker76 View Post
Those bloody Smurfs are very militant unionists I believe, always holding out for pay rises, more holidays and better working conditions - which as they see matters is mainly the right to use more blue paint in everything

well... it IS blue, or must've been blue at some point, or who in the world can tell what shade of blue it is from two feet away when the model's displayed in a lightbox
tomcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 04:44 AM   #241
Insane Collector
 
tker76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Perth
Posts: 1,820
Default Re: Hobby Master HA5601 MiG-25P Foxbat, Lt. V. Belenko, Japan 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcatter View Post
well... it IS blue, or must've been blue at some point, or who in the world can tell what shade of blue it is from two feet away when the model's displayed in a lightbox LOL
The only way to tell is to hold it up next to the real aircraft and if you can't be bothered flying to wherever the real aircraft is to do so you're just a filthy casual who doesn't deserve accurate colours anyway.

Plus who cares what colour it is?

That's what the experts say..

;)
tker76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 04:49 AM   #242
Complete Wacko!
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: timbuktu
Posts: 5,672
Default Re: Hobby Master HA5601 MiG-25P Foxbat, Lt. V. Belenko, Japan 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by tker76 View Post
The only way to tell is to hold it up next to the real aircraft and if you can't be bothered flying to wherever the real aircraft is to do so you're just a filthy casual who doesn't deserve accurate colours anyway.

Plus who cares what colour it is?

That's what the experts say..

hey, how did you know i was a casual collector??? you been spying on me??? or you got spooky to do it for ya?
tomcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 07:18 AM   #243
The Collector
 
Ukrainian_Falcons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 5,382
Default Re: Hobby Master HA5601 MiG-25P Foxbat, Lt. V. Belenko, Japan 1976

Even without stencils, this is starting to look pretty good when comparing it to the craptastic June line up, perhaps that was HM's plan all along, well played Sir, well played
Ukrainian_Falcons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 11:53 AM   #244
Complete Wacko!
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: timbuktu
Posts: 5,672
Default Re: Hobby Master HA5601 MiG-25P Foxbat, Lt. V. Belenko, Japan 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukrainian_Falcons View Post
Even without stencils, this is starting to look pretty good when comparing it to the craptastic June line up, perhaps that was HM's plan all along, well played Sir, well played
the return of captain pessimist. wait... he never left
tomcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 11:15 PM   #245
Master Collector
 
Shawn507's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Killeen
Posts: 989
Default Re: Hobby Master HA5601 MiG-25P Foxbat, Lt. V. Belenko, Japan 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by FortunateSon View Post
i remember another company long ago that used to make a few decent soviet aircraft with plenty of stencils, subtle shading to metal areas to actually attempt to replicate the real thing, landing gear that didn't look like it was dipped in tippex/whiteout, weapons that didn't look like they belonged in a fisher-price set, etc. the name escapes me - does anybody remember what company managed to put our models like the one below? it is a pity that their attention to detail and skills apparently died out with whatever company that was.

I recall in the early days of HM many of the experts and collectors on a established forum cried to no end about washed panel lines and the weathering. HM listened and gave the whiners the look they wanted. So lets quit with they just dropped it for no apparent reason, only to piss off people all these years later.
Shawn507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 12:00 AM   #246
Too many models! (1500+)
 
FortunateSon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Honiara
Posts: 2,159
Default Re: Hobby Master HA5601 MiG-25P Foxbat, Lt. V. Belenko, Japan 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn507 View Post
I recall in the early days of HM many of the experts and collectors on a established forum cried to no end about washed panel lines and the weathering. HM listened and gave the whiners the look they wanted. So lets quit with they just dropped it for no apparent reason, only to piss off people all these years later.
Since nobody has ever said 'for no apparent reason' and in fact some of us in another thread just yesterday gave a history of this that is the opposite of "for no apparent reason","let's" stop inventing things that nobody ever said.

meanwhile, i don't remember anybody asking for airplanes painted in crayola paint colors such as "anything metallic shall be crayola silver", which seems to be a think these days.

there's a lot more to the superiority of previous years' finishes than just the wash, though yes, i always thougt the washes added much to the models personally and while they could always be tweaked those who argued for their abolition entirely were shortsighted.
FortunateSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 01:56 AM   #247
The Collector
 
Ukrainian_Falcons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 5,382
Default Re: Hobby Master HA5601 MiG-25P Foxbat, Lt. V. Belenko, Japan 1976

Something to cheer the Foxbat fans up

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4zltvrlDjwE

Also confirming very obvious markings on the fuselage


Last edited by Ukrainian_Falcons; 04-09-2017 at 03:56 AM. Reason: Corrected link, sorry
Ukrainian_Falcons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 02:47 PM   #248
Collector
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: PRG
Posts: 1,102
Default Re: Hobby Master HA5601 MiG-25P Foxbat, Lt. V. Belenko, Japan 1976

Here we go: final production photos are up on HMC website. Stenciling is added.

Hobby Master 1/72 Air Power Series (Jet Powered) HA5601 - MIG-25P Foxbat Red13, flown by Lt. (Sg.) V. Belenko, Japan 1976



Ladia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 03:34 PM   #249
Collector
 
Sildani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Aldie
Age: 44
Posts: 74
Default Re: Hobby Master HA5601 MiG-25P Foxbat, Lt. V. Belenko, Japan 1976

To my eye, this looks good, although the nose seam is pronounced.
Sildani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 04:10 PM   #250
Insane Collector
 
AirCal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 1,322
Default Re: Hobby Master HA5601 MiG-25P Foxbat, Lt. V. Belenko, Japan 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sildani View Post
To my eye, this looks good, although the nose seam is pronounced.
My exact thought.
AirCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:30 AM.

Latest Threads
 

Models of the Week
 



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.