Hobby Master F-14A Tomcat VF-84 Jolly Rogers, AJ200 - Page 4 - DA.C
 

Go Back   DA.C > Ground Control > Military Model Aircraft

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-03-2016, 01:39 AM   #151
Collector
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: United states
Posts: 76
Default Re: Hobby Master F-14A Tomcat VF-84 Jolly Rogers, AJ200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumper View Post
HawkOne's site now states HA5203 Grumman F-14A BuNo 160393/AJ 200, VF-84 "Jolly Rogers" USN, 1977
COMES WITH 6 x AIM-54 missile, 2 x AIM-9 missile, 2 x drop tank, 1x TARPS
Ok, um, wow. They listened to us. Crazy. I'm pretty happy
Anotheran is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-03-2016, 05:12 AM   #152
Insane Collector
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: ETNG/LSZH
Age: 30
Posts: 1,121
Send a message via ICQ to 777-300ER
Default Re: Hobby Master F-14A Tomcat VF-84 Jolly Rogers, AJ200

I won't get it then. This load out is so unrealistic I don't know why people would ask for it. Might get the CW new release instead as it offers features we haven't seen before.
777-300ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 06:26 AM   #153
The Collector
 
Ukrainian_Falcons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 5,382
Default Re: Hobby Master F-14A Tomcat VF-84 Jolly Rogers, AJ200

6x Aim-54's ? Awesome, giving zero F***s for reality on this one

Great HM have yet again listened to what customers want
Ukrainian_Falcons is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 04-03-2016, 06:41 AM   #154
Senior Collector
 
Mikael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Prague
Posts: 286
Default Re: Hobby Master F-14A Tomcat VF-84 Jolly Rogers, AJ200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukrainian_Falcons View Post
6x Aim-54's ? Awesome, giving zero F***s for reality on this one

Great HM have yet again listened to what customers want
Pretty much that. I was one of the people that suggested this loadout directly to William. He said it was not operationally used usually but that they will check the available literature again to see if it would plausible to include this loadout. Apparently literature was on our side. And for that quote about the loadout being so unrealistic so our fellow collector would avoid it, it is more realistic than the TARPS pod that was not even in service at 1977 :-P
Mikael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 06:46 AM   #155
Complete Wacko!
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: timbuktu
Posts: 5,672
Default Re: Hobby Master F-14A Tomcat VF-84 Jolly Rogers, AJ200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikael View Post
Pretty much that. I was one of the people that suggested this loadout directly to William. He said it was not operationally used usually but that they will check the available literature again to see if it would plausible to include this loadout. Apparently literature was on our side. And for that quote about the loadout being so unrealistic so our fellow collector would avoid it, it is more realistic than the TARPS pod that was not even in service at 1977 :-P
he should just get it and spread the joy around by distributing to us the extra phoenixes. there! a win-win situation for all. ah well... if he wants to pay the extra $30 for his accurately loaded out cw, that's his choice.
tomcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 07:05 AM   #156
The Collector
 
Ukrainian_Falcons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 5,382
Default Re: Hobby Master F-14A Tomcat VF-84 Jolly Rogers, AJ200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikael View Post
Pretty much that. I was one of the people that suggested this loadout directly to William. He said it was not operationally used usually but that they will check the available literature again to see if it would plausible to include this loadout. Apparently literature was on our side. And for that quote about the loadout being so unrealistic so our fellow collector would avoid it, it is more realistic than the TARPS pod that was not even in service at 1977 :-P
Awesome job, yeah I watched a doco on the tomcat and 6 phx's were tested against drones, it might not have the most sensible load out given the cost but a load out that was possible none the less

Oops about the TARPS

Nows where's that guy that said it wasn't possible to get more Phx's without added cost, I have a paper towel for you to wipe that pie off your face
Ukrainian_Falcons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 07:15 AM   #157
The Collector
 
Ukrainian_Falcons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 5,382
Default Re: Hobby Master F-14A Tomcat VF-84 Jolly Rogers, AJ200

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewvft View Post
But it costs 1 yuan to make them. Did you tell him that?
So will you be paying cash or card for your extra Phx's ? Wouldn't want to short change HM would you
Ukrainian_Falcons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 07:15 AM   #158
Insane Collector
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: ETNG/LSZH
Age: 30
Posts: 1,121
Send a message via ICQ to 777-300ER
Default Re: Hobby Master F-14A Tomcat VF-84 Jolly Rogers, AJ200

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcatter View Post
he should just get it and spread the joy around by distributing to us the extra phoenixes. there! a win-win situation for all. ah well... if he wants to pay the extra $30 for his accurately loaded out cw, that's his choice.
What extra 30$? For me it comes in about 10€ cheaper with lesser detailed weapons and fewer stencils. I wouldn't even criticize that load out if they included some sparrows so we could also display it with Phoenix on the glove and Sparrows under the belly. I just hope they get their mold right for an earlier A model. It's not that I hate the HM mold and would never buy one, I have the checkmates already and will probably also get the Tomcatters besides its flaws. But I have CW '78 207 already so I don't need another modex with no changes. I'm hoping for a Starfighters release next, either by CW or HM.
777-300ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 08:13 AM   #159
Master Collector
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 798
Default Re: Hobby Master F-14A Tomcat VF-84 Jolly Rogers, AJ200

Interesting choice, I thought this would have been a good loadout for the red rippers phoenix farewell release. If it had I think I may have kept it. I havent seen one of those in a good minute so guess if I ever wanted to buy it back it would get expensive. This one will sell well regardless of the payload anyway and the 6 phoenix's may be just enough of a gimmick to get some people who originally didnt want another copy.
__________________
Currently Looking For:
steveNfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 08:16 AM   #160
Complete Wacko!
 
robertjon5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: united kingdom
Posts: 10,876
Default Re: Hobby Master F-14A Tomcat VF-84 Jolly Rogers, AJ200

is this up for pre-order anywhere yet? nothing in u.k? CW aardvaks only just listed on some sites.
__________________
I BUY WHAT I LIKE. AND LIKE WHAT I BUY!!!
robertjon5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 08:29 AM   #161
Complete Wacko!
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: timbuktu
Posts: 5,672
Default Re: Hobby Master F-14A Tomcat VF-84 Jolly Rogers, AJ200

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjon5 View Post
is this up for pre-order anywhere yet? nothing in u.k? CW aardvaks only just listed on some sites.
that's a whole load of arrivals in march there robertjon5. looks like you're making up for lost time in quite a hurry
tomcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 08:54 AM   #162
Complete Wacko!
 
robertjon5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: united kingdom
Posts: 10,876
Default Re: Hobby Master F-14A Tomcat VF-84 Jolly Rogers, AJ200

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcatter View Post
that's a whole load of arrivals in march there robertjon5. looks like you're making up for lost time in quite a hurry
not quite! apart from the Lancaster and eurotyphoon, all the rest were half price OR less than retail via ebay or clearance sales!! might not see them that cheap again, and just happened to show up all at once more or less!!

that klm 747 bejing was just 60 euros (£47 gbp!) plus post via ebay!
__________________
I BUY WHAT I LIKE. AND LIKE WHAT I BUY!!!
robertjon5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 09:00 AM   #163
Senior Collector
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 226
Default Re: Hobby Master F-14A Tomcat VF-84 Jolly Rogers, AJ200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukrainian_Falcons View Post
So will you be paying cash or card for your extra Phx's ? Wouldn't want to short change HM would you
I'm happy with my CW Jr's having 4 phx and 2 sparrows and winders that were 1/2 the price they are now.
andrewvft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 09:03 AM   #164
Senior Collector
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 226
Default Re: Hobby Master F-14A Tomcat VF-84 Jolly Rogers, AJ200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikael View Post
Pretty much that. I was one of the people that suggested this loadout directly to William. He said it was not operationally used usually but that they will check the available literature again to see if it would plausible to include this loadout. Apparently literature was on our side. And for that quote about the loadout being so unrealistic so our fellow collector would avoid it, it is more realistic than the TARPS pod that was not even in service at 1977 :-P
Except you always had the option to leave the TARPS off without compromising anything else. With Aim-54's they'll need their own pylon adaptor as well so you won't be able to switch them out for Aim-7's accurately. But atleast it would be different to CW's...
andrewvft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 09:26 AM   #165
The Collector
 
Ukrainian_Falcons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 5,382
Default Re: Hobby Master F-14A Tomcat VF-84 Jolly Rogers, AJ200

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewvft View Post
I'm happy with my CW Jr's having 4 phx and 2 sparrows and winders that were 1/2 the price they are now.
Nice deflection
Ukrainian_Falcons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 09:43 AM   #166
The Collector
 
Ukrainian_Falcons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 5,382
Default Re: Hobby Master F-14A Tomcat VF-84 Jolly Rogers, AJ200

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjon5 View Post
not quite! apart from the Lancaster and eurotyphoon, all the rest were half price OR less than retail via ebay or clearance sales!! might not see them that cheap again, and just happened to show up all at once more or less!!

that klm 747 bejing was just 60 euros (£47 gbp!) plus post via ebay!
So you could say you got them when they..... "Dumped"
Ukrainian_Falcons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 10:03 AM   #167
Complete Wacko!
 
robertjon5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: united kingdom
Posts: 10,876
Default Re: Hobby Master F-14A Tomcat VF-84 Jolly Rogers, AJ200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukrainian_Falcons View Post
So you could say you got them when they..... "Dumped"
not quite! there are shedloads of models on ebay going dirt cheap! even a lot of the 'rare' ones across ALL aviation sections! an HM JR F-4 206 sold for just £41.00 gbp and an ARKANSAS TRAVELLER for just £66.00 gbp! to name but two. also seen several lancasters/wellingtons etc for around £60 gbp!!
__________________
I BUY WHAT I LIKE. AND LIKE WHAT I BUY!!!
robertjon5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 10:22 AM   #168
Insane Collector
 
Eagle_Flyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: UK
Posts: 1,670
Default Re: Hobby Master F-14A Tomcat VF-84 Jolly Rogers, AJ200

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjon5 View Post
is this up for pre-order anywhere yet? nothing in u.k? CW aardvaks only just listed on some sites.
I think it's still early, it should appear eventually and will be quite a surprise if none of the UK retailers are taking pre orders.
Eagle_Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 11:44 AM   #169
Senior Collector
 
Mikael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Prague
Posts: 286
Default Re: Hobby Master F-14A Tomcat VF-84 Jolly Rogers, AJ200

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewvft View Post
Except you always had the option to leave the TARPS off without compromising anything else. With Aim-54's they'll need their own pylon adaptor as well so you won't be able to switch them out for Aim-7's accurately. But atleast it would be different to CW's...
While that is true, there is always another option: You could leave on the 2 AIM-54s on glove pylons (unlikely setup, but it is a possible placement) and use 4 AIM-7 that you might not have used on your CW F-14. Looking at the pics, they should fit in just fine. There you have it, two Phoenixes, four Sparrows. Yes, in a very unusual configuration, but one that would be fairly possible.

Besides, after watching a documentary on the F-14, even the A variant was capable of carrying 6 AIM-54s and was even able to land with all of them on an aircraft carrier (this test was done to satisfy the Navy). Yes, it was NOT recommended to do that due to the excess stress it put on the airframe, but at least we are not talking nonsense here. And you can always imagine a situation where the plane left the carrier with 6 AIM-54s and then landed on a ground base :-P
Mikael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 12:29 PM   #170
Senior Collector
 
firefighterpilot1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 230
Default Re: Hobby Master F-14A Tomcat VF-84 Jolly Rogers, AJ200

Oh the double standard just amazes me. You guys intentionally ask for an inaccurate model and then jump for joy when you get it. I have never seen VF-84 carry wing mounted Phoenix missiles. Hell, you'd see dual sidewinders on each wing station before that...
firefighterpilot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 01:32 PM   #171
Complete Wacko!
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: timbuktu
Posts: 5,672
Default Re: Hobby Master F-14A Tomcat VF-84 Jolly Rogers, AJ200

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighterpilot1 View Post
Oh the double standard just amazes me. You guys intentionally ask for an inaccurate model and then jump for joy when you get it. I have never seen VF-84 carry wing mounted Phoenix missiles. Hell, you'd see dual sidewinders on each wing station before that...
so are you or are you not getting it? if you aren't... i fail to see why you'd be so concerned that hm decides to include extra phoenixes. if you are, you can always donate to me the extra two.
tomcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 03:07 PM   #172
Insane Collector
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: ETNG/LSZH
Age: 30
Posts: 1,121
Send a message via ICQ to 777-300ER
Default Re: Hobby Master F-14A Tomcat VF-84 Jolly Rogers, AJ200

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcatter View Post
so are you or are you not getting it? if you aren't... i fail to see why you'd be so concerned that hm decides to include extra phoenixes. if you are, you can always donate to me the extra two.
What he's saying is that you can't fit anything else on the pylon other than AIM-54s if HM decides to do the 6 Phoenix load out. You can only do what Mikael says and try to find spare sparrows and fit them on the belly. The six Phoenix load out was never carried operational. A four sidewinder load would be interesting though as it has never been released before.
777-300ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 04:10 PM   #173
Insane Collector
 
Eagle_Flyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: UK
Posts: 1,670
Default Re: Hobby Master F-14A Tomcat VF-84 Jolly Rogers, AJ200

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjon5 View Post
is this up for pre-order anywhere yet? nothing in u.k? CW aardvaks only just listed on some sites.
Actually, it is up for pre-order
Hobby Master F-14A Tomcat AJ 200 VF-84 "Jolly Rogers" US NAVY 1977 | Tomcat Model Plane

Expected despatch date end of July.
Eagle_Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 04:50 PM   #174
1:200 and 1:72 Collector
 
geeforce9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Exeter
Age: 38
Posts: 1,722
Default Re: Hobby Master F-14A Tomcat VF-84 Jolly Rogers, AJ200

Flying Tigers also has them up on preorder, price quite a lot lower as well.
__________________
Regards, Andy


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
geeforce9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 04:55 PM   #175
Complete Wacko!
 
robertjon5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: united kingdom
Posts: 10,876
Default Re: Hobby Master F-14A Tomcat VF-84 Jolly Rogers, AJ200

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeforce9 View Post
Flying Tigers also has them up on preorder, price quite a lot lower as well.

its only £5 cheaper Andy. £99.95 to jumblies £104.95 ARD should be less than that. last f-14 was £92.95. then you get 10% off that! might get 2!!
__________________
I BUY WHAT I LIKE. AND LIKE WHAT I BUY!!!
robertjon5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 05:38 PM   #176
Senior Collector
 
firefighterpilot1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 230
Default Re: Hobby Master F-14A Tomcat VF-84 Jolly Rogers, AJ200

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcatter View Post
so are you or are you not getting it? if you aren't... i fail to see why you'd be so concerned that hm decides to include extra phoenixes. if you are, you can always donate to me the extra two.

I will have to see it before I make my decision. I don't need to buy it for the extra Phoenix', I have a few nicely stenciled ones lying around. 😏
Attached Thumbnails
Hobby Master F-14A Tomcat VF-84 Jolly Rogers, AJ200-image.jpg  
firefighterpilot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 07:13 PM   #177
The Collector
 
Ukrainian_Falcons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 5,382
Default Re: Hobby Master F-14A Tomcat VF-84 Jolly Rogers, AJ200

You do know that such markings would be mircoscopic in 72 scale ? These are overscale and unrealistic

I'm getting the HM JR just for the novelty of it
Ukrainian_Falcons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 07:49 PM   #178
Senior Collector
 
firefighterpilot1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 230
Default Re: Hobby Master F-14A Tomcat VF-84 Jolly Rogers, AJ200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukrainian_Falcons View Post
You do know that such markings would be mircoscopic in 72 scale ? These are overscale and unrealistic

I'm getting the HM JR just for the novelty of it
Looks good to me! (and if you could read that with your naked eye, that's pretty amazing )



firefighterpilot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 09:03 PM   #179
Banned
 
ACpilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 4,081
Default Re: Hobby Master F-14A Tomcat VF-84 Jolly Rogers, AJ200

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighterpilot1 View Post
Looks good to me! (and if you could read that with your naked eye, that's pretty amazing )
Once you get past age 40 - you won't be able to see them anyway.

It also seems to me that compared to their first releases - Century Wings is providing fewer stencils now in general.

Dan
ACpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 09:12 PM   #180
Senior Collector
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 226
Default Re: Hobby Master F-14A Tomcat VF-84 Jolly Rogers, AJ200

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACpilot View Post
Once you get past age 40 - you won't be able to see them anyway.

It also seems to me that compared to their first releases - Century Wings is providing fewer stencils now in general.

Dan
Or atleast choosing schemes with fewer stencils.
andrewvft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 10:08 PM   #181
Complete Wacko!
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: timbuktu
Posts: 5,672
Default Re: Hobby Master F-14A Tomcat VF-84 Jolly Rogers, AJ200

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777-300ER View Post
What he's saying is that you can't fit anything else on the pylon other than AIM-54s if HM decides to do the 6 Phoenix load out. You can only do what Mikael says and try to find spare sparrows and fit them on the belly. The six Phoenix load out was never carried operational. A four sidewinder load would be interesting though as it has never been released before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighterpilot1 View Post
I will have to see it before I make my decision. I don't need to buy it for the extra Phoenix', I have a few nicely stenciled ones lying around. 😏
i see... i see... . some wants extra phoenixes, other wants extra sparrows/sidewinders. would be interesting if hm came out with a weapons pack, no?
tomcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 11:20 PM   #182
Senior Collector
 
firefighterpilot1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 230
Default Re: Hobby Master F-14A Tomcat VF-84 Jolly Rogers, AJ200

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcatter View Post
i see... i see... . some wants extra phoenixes, other wants extra sparrows/sidewinders. would be interesting if hm came out with a weapons pack, no?
Would have been nice if their F-14 bomb racks fit CW's peg holes...
firefighterpilot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 11:31 PM   #183
The Collector
 
Ukrainian_Falcons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 5,382
Default Re: Hobby Master F-14A Tomcat VF-84 Jolly Rogers, AJ200

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighterpilot1 View Post
Would have been nice if their F-14 bomb racks fit CW's peg holes...
Why is that ? Because HM listen to collectors and offer after market parts ? In fact you don't even need that because if you ask nicely and pay a small fee, you can buy parts direct from HM

Meanwhile CW won't even reply to emails about spare parts from dealer sales.

If anything I wish CW would sell just the stands, I've asked and still no reply, they won't reply even if it means a sale
Ukrainian_Falcons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 12:18 AM   #184
Master Collector
 
Kangaroo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: up in the air
Posts: 804
Default Re: Hobby Master F-14A Tomcat VF-84 Jolly Rogers, AJ200

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighterpilot1 View Post
Looks good to me! (and if you could read that with your naked eye, that's pretty amazing )



I definitely like the CW stenciling on the weapons. I wish HM did that. And some more tampo too, as HM lacks in that department sometimes. Some Gemini F-16s have better tampo than HM F-16s imo (e.g. external fuel tanks).
Kangaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 12:59 AM   #185
Complete Wacko!
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: timbuktu
Posts: 5,672
Default Re: Hobby Master F-14A Tomcat VF-84 Jolly Rogers, AJ200

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighterpilot1 View Post
Would have been nice if their F-14 bomb racks fit CW's peg holes...
and why would you want to fix hm bomb racks on cws?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukrainian_Falcons View Post
Why is that ? Because HM listen to collectors and offer after market parts ? In fact you don't even need that because if you ask nicely and pay a small fee, you can buy parts direct from HM

Meanwhile CW won't even reply to emails about spare parts from dealer sales.

If anything I wish CW would sell just the stands, I've asked and still no reply, they won't reply even if it means a sale
yeah... i wish they'd sell just their stands too
tomcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 01:18 AM   #186
Reft crosed trafficah
 
Jumper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Upland, CA
Posts: 901
Default Re: Hobby Master F-14A Tomcat VF-84 Jolly Rogers, AJ200

Maybe I did read too much Tom Clancy, but give a read of 'Red Storm Rising' and you might be able to see why the Navy insisted on the capability for the Turkey to carry and launch 6 Buffalo.

I'm stoked for this release, and the config pushed it over for me - definite buy now.

For those pointing out the inaccuracy of the loadout, man it looks cool and you have plenty of other releases to choose from. Can we have our one model like this?

Same logic for CW launch kneel and trap config Turkeys, it's something to differentiate and I like it.
Jumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 02:04 AM   #187
Senior Collector
 
firefighterpilot1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 230
Default Re: Hobby Master F-14A Tomcat VF-84 Jolly Rogers, AJ200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukrainian_Falcons View Post
Why is that ? Because HM listen to collectors and offer after market parts ? In fact you don't even need that because if you ask nicely and pay a small fee, you can buy parts direct from HM

Meanwhile CW won't even reply to emails about spare parts from dealer sales.

If anything I wish CW would sell just the stands, I've asked and still no reply, they won't reply even if it means a sale
I said that because I would buy some GBU-12's for my Tomcats but they don't fit, no need to get defensive.
firefighterpilot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 03:10 AM   #188
Senior Collector
 
firefighterpilot1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 230
Default Re: Hobby Master F-14A Tomcat VF-84 Jolly Rogers, AJ200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumper View Post
For those pointing out the inaccuracy of the loadout, man it looks cool and you have plenty of other releases to choose from. Can we have our one model like this?
I'm not saying don't ever do that configuration, because obviously there have been times when the Tomcat did carry six, just put it on a jet that has actually carried all six at one time or another! Like VF-32 has done it on a few different occasions, or maybe even a PMTC Tomcat!
Attached Thumbnails
Hobby Master F-14A Tomcat VF-84 Jolly Rogers, AJ200-684df64364665399d024075d6dff7352.jpg   Hobby Master F-14A Tomcat VF-84 Jolly Rogers, AJ200-55a6b58aeaf4f.jpeg  
firefighterpilot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 03:46 AM   #189
The Collector
 
Ukrainian_Falcons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 5,382
Default Re: Hobby Master F-14A Tomcat VF-84 Jolly Rogers, AJ200

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighterpilot1 View Post
I said that because I would buy some GBU-12's for my Tomcats but they don't fit, no need to get defensive.
Leave hobby master alone !!!!

Ukrainian_Falcons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 03:48 AM   #190
Complete Wacko!
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: timbuktu
Posts: 5,672
Default Re: Hobby Master F-14A Tomcat VF-84 Jolly Rogers, AJ200

well, i guess some just want their tomcats to represent the airframe at a certain point in time whereas others (me included) like the idea of fitting up my models however i like, even if it's a fantasy scheme. nothing wrong with either. it's our models, enjoy 'em however best you like 'em.
tomcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 04:11 AM   #191
1:200 and 1:72 Collector
 
geeforce9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Exeter
Age: 38
Posts: 1,722
Default Re: Hobby Master F-14A Tomcat VF-84 Jolly Rogers, AJ200

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjon5 View Post
its only £5 cheaper Andy. £99.95 to jumblies £104.95 ARD should be less than that. last f-14 was £92.95. then you get 10% off that! might get 2!!
That's a fair point...I've not ordered any yet, if I can get one for £85, I'll be happy enough. I know ARD mainly stock civilian birds but they do seem to get a fair few military jets as well. Interesting how they do seem to be able to give much better prices than everybody else and maintain a store in Hillingdon and Heathrow, which I imagine costs a lot more than anywhere else in England.
__________________
Regards, Andy


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
geeforce9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 04:13 AM   #192
The Collector
 
Ukrainian_Falcons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 5,382
Default Re: Hobby Master F-14A Tomcat VF-84 Jolly Rogers, AJ200

Again, if we are talking about accuracy, I don't think a F-14 with 3 years of service is going to look mint by 1978, just sayin
Ukrainian_Falcons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 04:30 AM   #193
Complete Wacko!
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: timbuktu
Posts: 5,672
Default Re: Hobby Master F-14A Tomcat VF-84 Jolly Rogers, AJ200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukrainian_Falcons View Post
Again, if we are talking about accuracy, I don't think a F-14 with 3 years of service is going to look mint by 1978, just sayin
they get plenty of waxing and polishing in between. nothing but the best. meguiar’s, perhaps?
tomcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 06:37 AM   #194
The Collector
 
Ukrainian_Falcons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 5,382
Default Re: Hobby Master F-14A Tomcat VF-84 Jolly Rogers, AJ200

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcatter View Post
they get plenty of waxing and polishing in between. nothing but the best. meguiar’s, perhaps?
Oh in that case.....

Grease me up, woman

Okie dokie


Attachment 186489

Last edited by Ukrainian_Falcons; 04-17-2016 at 07:05 PM.
Ukrainian_Falcons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 08:24 AM   #195
Master Collector
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 798
Default Re: Hobby Master F-14A Tomcat VF-84 Jolly Rogers, AJ200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukrainian_Falcons View Post
Again, if we are talking about accuracy, I don't think a F-14 with 3 years of service is going to look mint by 1978, just sayin
leave my Aardvarks alone its pretty
__________________
Currently Looking For:
steveNfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 08:40 AM   #196
Complete Wacko!
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: timbuktu
Posts: 5,672
Default Re: Hobby Master F-14A Tomcat VF-84 Jolly Rogers, AJ200

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveNfl View Post
leave my Aardvarks alone its pretty
yeah. perhaps monsieur ukrainian falcons can leave his out at the mercy of the elements to achieve that 3 year weathered effect
tomcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 08:44 AM   #197
The Collector
 
Ukrainian_Falcons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 5,382
Default Re: Hobby Master F-14A Tomcat VF-84 Jolly Rogers, AJ200

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcatter View Post
yeah. perhaps monsieur ukrainian falcons can leave his out at the mercy of the elements to achieve that 3 year weathered effect
Hey..... That's actually not a bad idea
Ukrainian_Falcons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 06:52 PM   #198
Insane Collector
 
mar_ji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: the netherlands
Posts: 1,934
Default Re: Hobby Master F-14A Tomcat VF-84 Jolly Rogers, AJ200

surely getting it....its all what im waiting for......the commanders aircraft......lol....and having it as the first F -14A of VF-84.....completes my collection of the tomcat jolly rogers
mar_ji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 07:17 PM   #199
Senior Collector
 
firefighterpilot1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 230
Default Re: Hobby Master F-14A Tomcat VF-84 Jolly Rogers, AJ200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukrainian_Falcons View Post
Again, if we are talking about accuracy, I don't think a F-14 with 3 years of service is going to look mint by 1978, just sayin
Considering HM's Christine looks fresh off the assembly line (and was a 30 year old Tomcat) that should really get your goat! Just sayin.

Christine was far from pristine.
firefighterpilot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 08:25 PM   #200
The Collector
 
Ukrainian_Falcons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 5,382
Default Re: Hobby Master F-14A Tomcat VF-84 Jolly Rogers, AJ200

Matte finish is probably as close as you'll get to "weathering" out of any manu
Ukrainian_Falcons is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:07 AM.

Latest Threads
- by immor
- by Mesprit
 

Models of the Week
 



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.