My Century Wings Tomcat Lineup - Page 4 - DA.C
 

Go Back   DA.C > Ground Control > Military Model Aircraft

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 11-15-2015, 02:16 PM   #151
I Have Missile Lock!
 
Spooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Angels 54
Posts: 1,459
Default Re: My Century Wings Tomcat Lineup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounty Hunters View Post
I do really hope so Spooky i'm new to this hobby and the F-14 is my favorite
BTW Charelle, you could note your "Bounty Hunters" in the Wanted/For Sale section of this forum...
You never know what might happen...
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RCAF F-86 Sabres Rock!
Spooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-16-2015, 08:08 AM   #152
Junior Collector
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Australia
Posts: 43
Default Re: My Century Wings Tomcat Lineup

What a fantastic collection, I got only 4 CW F-14's and I think I am doing pretty well with that!

Beautiful pics too - thanks for sharing!
Stefciu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 01:17 PM   #153
Senior Collector
 
supersphinxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 199
Default Re: My Century Wings Tomcat Lineup

The latest entry into the collection. I must say it is pretty nice. The paint finish reminds me of the finish on CWs VF-1 Wolfpack tomcat. The accessories fit well and no gap problems.

F-14D Tomcat U.S.Navy VF-213 Blacklions 2006 Final Cruise











supersphinxman is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 01-30-2016, 01:44 PM   #154
Master Collector
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 798
Default Re: My Century Wings Tomcat Lineup

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersphinxman View Post
The latest entry into the collection. I must say it is pretty nice. The paint finish reminds me of the finish on CWs VF-1 Wolfpack tomcat. The accessories fit well and no gap problems.

F-14D Tomcat U.S.Navy VF-213 Blacklions 2006 Final Cruise











Definitely a beaut sphinx!
__________________
Currently Looking For:
steveNfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 01:47 PM   #155
Insane Collector
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: ETNG/LSZH
Age: 30
Posts: 1,121
Send a message via ICQ to 777-300ER
Default Re: My Century Wings Tomcat Lineup

Thanks for the pictures. Can't wait to pick it up.
777-300ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 02:03 PM   #156
Insane Collector
 
Eagle_Flyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: UK
Posts: 1,670
Default Re: My Century Wings Tomcat Lineup

Very impressive collection I must say It's almost like you've moved into the CW museum assuming they have one. I think there's still selling potential for CW to do more of the JR schemes as seen on Final Countdown. Of course there will be a saturation point and that is the time to stop... maybe
Eagle_Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 02:04 PM   #157
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: California
Posts: 370
Default Re: My Century Wings Tomcat Lineup

absolutely beautiful model, but god I wish they did the tail correct. They keep assembling them the wrong way.
Stein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 02:20 PM   #158
Senior Collector
 
supersphinxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 199
Default Re: My Century Wings Tomcat Lineup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle_Flyer View Post
Very impressive collection I must say It's almost like you've moved into the CW museum assuming they have one. I think there's still selling potential for CW to do more of the JR schemes as seen on Final Countdown. Of course there will be a saturation point and that is the time to stop... maybe
Regarding CW, maybe one day when I get the chance I can create a thread for my CW A-6s (missing 1), A-7s and F-8s (missing 2). I had to put a cap on the SR-71s (think I have 7 of em) cause they are too big and eat up space.
supersphinxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 02:49 PM   #159
Insane Collector
 
tripoli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Sylvania, Ohio, USA
Posts: 1,611
Default Re: My Century Wings Tomcat Lineup

Looks great! Sharp detailing although I wish they could have gone with a slightly darker blue. Planning on picking this one up with as soon as the tax return arrives.

You need to pop some missiles on those racks though, look a bit too plain without them.
__________________
Jeff
tripoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 03:00 PM   #160
Senior Collector
 
supersphinxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 199
Default Re: My Century Wings Tomcat Lineup

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripoli View Post
Looks great! Sharp detailing although I wish they could have gone with a slightly darker blue. Planning on picking this one up with as soon as the tax return arrives.

You need to pop some missiles on those racks though, look a bit too plain without them.
No doubt regarding the armament. I have it loaded up, I'll try to update the previous post with a couple more pictures.
supersphinxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 03:52 PM   #161
Master Collector
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 798
Default Re: My Century Wings Tomcat Lineup

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersphinxman View Post
No doubt regarding the armament. I have it loaded up, I'll try to update the previous post with a couple more pictures.
I started displaying naked on purpose after finding missiles and such laying on the shelf mysteriously. Makes reselling so much easier and keeping the value of the models
__________________
Currently Looking For:
steveNfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 12:06 AM   #162
Senior Collector
 
supersphinxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 199
Default Re: My Century Wings Tomcat Lineup

Just an update to the thread. I was able to acquire a better cabinet and load it up with shelves for a better display. The majority of the jets are wheels down to save space. The shelf that's in-flight are doubles or FOV jets. It took me a while to locate the LED lights, but was finally able to track them down. Took a while to get it all sorted out but I can say that I'm satisfied with the setup. Also gives me a reason to get some practice time on the camera. Pictures below.

























supersphinxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 12:20 AM   #163
Complete Wacko!
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: timbuktu
Posts: 5,672
Default Re: My Century Wings Tomcat Lineup

awesome display, supersphinxman!!! and that's a fair bit of doubles you have there... more than most collectors have in their collection, i dare say.
tomcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 08:14 AM   #164
Retired the Hobby
 
Surinam Air 747's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 3,481
Default Re: My Century Wings Tomcat Lineup

@ superxman, once again nice line up of those Tomcat & Phantom birds but where did you get that JR helmet my friend..?
__________________
I WANT TO BELIEVE...

...that one day I will see many more colorful JC Wings MD-11 models and the long-awaited Gemini 200 TWA twin stripes 727-200!

I always fly America's favorite airline: Southwest Airlines and the World's oldest KLM!

Paris was the greatest city on earth! Vive la France! Tokyo 2020!
Surinam Air 747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 08:53 AM   #165
Master Collector
 
Kangaroo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: up in the air
Posts: 804
Default Re: My Century Wings Tomcat Lineup

I love that kneeling Tomcat. I have to admit I've never seen a F-14 kneeling diecast before today. Good stuff!
Kangaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 08:55 AM   #166
Senior Collector
 
supersphinxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 199
Default Re: My Century Wings Tomcat Lineup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surinam Air 747 View Post
@ superxman, once again nice line up of those Tomcat & Phantom birds but where did you get that JR helmet my friend..?
I received that JR helmet along with a Tomcatter one from a guy I bought a couple jets from as a throw in. I'll see about trying to acquire a few others if I can locate them.
supersphinxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 09:06 AM   #167
Senior Collector
 
supersphinxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 199
Default Re: My Century Wings Tomcat Lineup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangaroo View Post
I love that kneeling Tomcat. I have to admit I've never seen a F-14 kneeling diecast before today. Good stuff!
I think the kneeling ones look pretty slick. Well something different than the typical wheels down look. I'd say if you ever run across one, to pick it up. I didn't have the painting skills to build my own carrier deck, so I found a couple of the poster board decks from Dragon and stuck them on a black picture frame to make it sturdy. It also took a while to locate the HM tow and fire trucks, but as soon as I did HM decides to release them as separates in the near future.
supersphinxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 11:25 AM   #168
Master Collector
 
Kangaroo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: up in the air
Posts: 804
Default Re: My Century Wings Tomcat Lineup

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersphinxman View Post
I think the kneeling ones look pretty slick. Well something different than the typical wheels down look. I'd say if you ever run across one, to pick it up. I didn't have the painting skills to build my own carrier deck, so I found a couple of the poster board decks from Dragon and stuck them on a black picture frame to make it sturdy. It also took a while to locate the HM tow and fire trucks, but as soon as I did HM decides to release them as separates in the near future.
Nice work! What's the CW model # for this JR?
Kangaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 11:43 AM   #169
Senior Collector
 
supersphinxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 199
Default Re: My Century Wings Tomcat Lineup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangaroo View Post
Nice work! What's the CW model # for this JR?
CW Kneeling Versions
CW-586437 - VF-84 JOLLY ROGERS AJ202 1978
CW-587199 - VF-84 JOLLY ROGERS AJ203 1978
CW-587908 - VF-154 BLACK KNIGHTS NF100 2000
CW-001613 - VF-103 JOLLY ROGERS AA103 2000

Pictures of the 1st two included earlier. I have the BK and the Santa JR on another Dragon carrier deck in an adjacent cabinet. The Santa JR is still readily available compared to the others, but they can be had. I just caught the AJ203 one the other day for $40. Gonna display it in flight along with that AJ202 in the previous picture.

Now I'm gonna have to start making space for all the HM Tomcats that are coming down the pike.
supersphinxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 07:22 PM   #170
Master Collector
 
Rmac757's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Denver
Posts: 675
Default Re: My Century Wings Tomcat Lineup

Fantastic display. Where did you locate your cabinet?
Rmac757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 07:45 PM   #171
Senior Collector
 
supersphinxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 199
Default Re: My Century Wings Tomcat Lineup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmac757 View Post
Fantastic display. Where did you locate your cabinet?
Thanks I appreciate it.

I found both Pulaski sliding glass door curios on CL. They were $150 if memory serves correct.

2-way Sliding Door Curio Choc Cherry II (PFC Curios Curios) | Home Meridian

Filling them both with extra glass shelves is what gets you. They come with 5 glass shelves, so to fill it up takes an additional 8.
supersphinxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 08:01 PM   #172
Master Collector
 
checking6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: The end of the runway
Posts: 725
Default Re: My Century Wings Tomcat Lineup

Superb collection you have there! And very well presented in these display cases. Since you seem to have all CW F-14, can you tell me if the degree of gloss on their latest Aardvarks issue is equal to their first JR releases? Somehow the Aardvarks looks glossier...or is it just my impressions?
checking6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 08:32 PM   #173
Senior Collector
 
supersphinxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 199
Default Re: My Century Wings Tomcat Lineup

Quote:
Originally Posted by checking6 View Post
Superb collection you have there! And very well presented in these display cases. Since you seem to have all CW F-14, can you tell me if the degree of gloss on their latest Aardvarks issue is equal to their first JR releases? Somehow the Aardvarks looks glossier...or is it just my impressions?
Thanks Checking I appreciate it. I think the Aardvarks jet is a bit more glossier than the JR planes. I'd put it on level with the Blacklions and the Wolfpack releases as it pertains to gloss IMO.
supersphinxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 03:09 AM   #174
Obsessive Collector
 
Skruffy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Between Sac and SF
Posts: 406
Default Re: My Century Wings Tomcat Lineup

Reggie, your collection legit brings a tear to my eye.. simply outstanding setup you have and beautifully displayed. Great job.

Mike
Skruffy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 03:58 AM   #175
Insane Collector
 
tker76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Perth
Posts: 1,820
Default Re: My Century Wings Tomcat Lineup

Looks great - I am just in the middle of setting my cabs up in a new home and am having some perspex tier shelving like yours made up - I'm happy to see it looks so good.

Very nice collection you have there too, but you already knew that
tker76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 10:11 AM   #176
Senior Collector
 
supersphinxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 199
Default Re: My Century Wings Tomcat Lineup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skruffy1 View Post
Reggie, your collection legit brings a tear to my eye.. simply outstanding setup you have and beautifully displayed. Great job.

Mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by tker76 View Post
Looks great - I am just in the middle of setting my cabs up in a new home and am having some perspex tier shelving like yours made up - I'm happy to see it looks so good.

Very nice collection you have there too, but you already knew that
Appreciate the kind words guys. I have to say that I got the cabinet ideas from threads SKF and the23rd posted in.

http://www.diecastaircraftforum.com/...ernatives.html

http://www.diecastaircraftforum.com/...ast-model.html

That makes two full cabinets but I may have to cap a max at three (definitely costly to load it to the max with glass shelves, the LED lighting as well as ominous looks from my wife). Have to do it piece meal as you want to grab models when available. I think I was able to cram about 120 various models in the case with the Phantoms and hopefully I can get that many in that Tomcat cabinet. HM releasing Tomcats, Super Hornets, Vikings, etc. aren't doing me any favors either. Currently all my Blackbirds are in their respective boxes in the basement but I have to display them somewhere. I'm not the one to buy them and leave them in boxes. haha.

Word to the wise, definitely get the models you like (and maybe don't like) upfront when available at retail or on discount. Otherwise, you'll be kicking yourself later and sharing sob stories. Besides, you can come to love em later on. haha.
supersphinxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 10:24 AM   #177
Complete Wacko!
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: timbuktu
Posts: 5,672
Default Re: My Century Wings Tomcat Lineup

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersphinxman View Post
Appreciate the kind words guys. I have to say that I got the cabinet ideas from threads SKF and the23rd posted in.

http://www.diecastaircraftforum.com/...ernatives.html

http://www.diecastaircraftforum.com/...ast-model.html

That makes two full cabinets but I may have to cap a max at three (definitely costly to load it to the max with glass shelves, the LED lighting as well as ominous looks from my wife). Have to do it piece meal as you want to grab models when available. I think I was able to cram about 120 various models in the case with the Phantoms and hopefully I can get that many in that Tomcat cabinet. HM releasing Tomcats, Super Hornets, Vikings, etc. aren't doing me any favors either. Currently all my Blackbirds are in their respective boxes in the basement but I have to display them somewhere. I'm not the one to buy them and leave them in boxes. haha.

Word to the wise, definitely get the models you like (and maybe don't like) upfront when available at retail or on discount. Otherwise, you'll be kicking yourself later and sharing sob stories. Besides, you can come to love em later on. haha.
very wise words indeed...
tomcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 08:03 PM   #178
Happy to be a Collector
 
D.A.K.O.T.A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Great Britain 🇬🇧
Posts: 131
Thumbs up Re: My Century Wings Tomcat Lineup

Most impressive collection and a really enjoyable thread to view.

Definitely my kind of collection, super smart.
__________________
Dak
D.A.K.O.T.A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 05:11 AM   #179
Insane Collector
 
tker76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Perth
Posts: 1,820
Default Re: My Century Wings Tomcat Lineup

SO what do you think of the 'Varks' back to front tampo? Do the mirrors in your cabinets help you deal with the pain of it?
tker76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 07:44 AM   #180
Senior Collector
 
supersphinxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 199
Default Re: My Century Wings Tomcat Lineup

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.A.K.O.T.A View Post
Most impressive collection and a really enjoyable thread to view.

Definitely my kind of collection, super smart.
Thanks for the kind words D.A.K.O.T.A. I appreciate it. I try and do my part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tker76 View Post
SO what do you think of the 'Varks' back to front tampo? Do the mirrors in your cabinets help you deal with the pain of it?
Haha. Well I don't get that up close and personal with them. Besides, my eyesight isn't that great to spot it at distance and even if it was I would dim the cabinet lights.
supersphinxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
century wings , f-14 , jolly rogers , tomcat

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:20 AM.

Latest Threads
- by BA2936
- by Ladia
 

Models of the Week
 



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.