New F-14 From Century Wings - Page 3 - DA.C
 

Go Back   DA.C > Ground Control > Military Model Aircraft

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-17-2015, 01:03 AM   #101
Complete Wacko!
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: timbuktu
Posts: 5,672
Default Re: New F-14 From Century Wings

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripoli View Post
OK, honestly, a fan of Bill the Cat but I think Topmcatters has one of these in mind...

ah huh... that's the one, jeff. time to bring in the blues for a change. and it sure won't leave you blue in the face, this

Quote:
Originally Posted by mar_ji View Post
this F-14 tomcatter will look good stting beside my F-4 phantom tomcatter...... after years of not getting any tomcat from CW....i think its now the right time to get another......lol
definitely recommended!
tomcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-17-2015, 04:31 AM   #102
Insane Collector
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: ETNG/LSZH
Age: 30
Posts: 1,121
Send a message via ICQ to 777-300ER
Default Re: New F-14 From Century Wings

I'd get AJ200 in a heart beat. Prefer it over 213 because of the darker shade of blue.
777-300ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 04:56 AM   #103
Complete Wacko!
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: timbuktu
Posts: 5,672
Default Re: New F-14 From Century Wings

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777-300ER View Post
I'd get AJ200 in a heart beat. Prefer it over 213 because of the darker shade of blue.
darker shade of blue, yes... but less of it. i'd go for the aj213 but seeing as to how i already got the witty version, then yes... hopefully cw goes with the aj200 instead. i guess they'd do that seeing how they went with the uss theodore roosevelt tomcatter instead of the uss forrestal one that witty had already done.

Last edited by tomcatter; 06-17-2015 at 04:59 AM.
tomcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 06-17-2015, 10:54 AM   #104
Insane Collector
 
tripoli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Sylvania, Ohio, USA
Posts: 1,611
Default Re: New F-14 From Century Wings

CW likes the CAG colorful birds, so I would think 213 would be their pick. Personally, I like 200 because of the darker blue and the constellation lion myself, but I am happy with either one. It will be interesting to see what CW does come out with next.

Black Lions 204 had both the full colored tail and darker blue markings:




Note the very thin gold line on the front:
__________________
Jeff

Last edited by tripoli; 06-17-2015 at 11:07 AM.
tripoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 11:50 AM   #105
Complete Wacko!
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: timbuktu
Posts: 5,672
Default Re: New F-14 From Century Wings

jeff... i think you're on to something there with that aj204. i'd get that in a flash!

oops! the photos seem to suggest that the witty's panel lines seem to be spot on

Last edited by tomcatter; 06-17-2015 at 11:56 AM.
tomcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 01:19 PM   #106
Insane Collector
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: ETNG/LSZH
Age: 30
Posts: 1,121
Send a message via ICQ to 777-300ER
Default Re: New F-14 From Century Wings

I also think the grey is different for 200 and 213. And I agree with you 204 looks great.
777-300ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 03:46 PM   #107
Insane Collector
 
tripoli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Sylvania, Ohio, USA
Posts: 1,611
Default Re: New F-14 From Century Wings

"oops! the photos seem to suggest that the witty's panel lines seem to be spot on "

Actually, and I have posted this before, the Witty models with the scaled panel lines is more accurate. But because of the scaling, it looks too toy like with them. By the same token, CW's panel lines are way to deep, but on a scaled piece, the detailing looks nice.
As much as I like the accuracy, I like the detailing and look of the CW models much better.
On most models, fine details scaled down would be wiped out, so there has to be some give and take in deciding how manufacturers depict such. In the case of the F-14, CW wins hands down in my opinion. It's one of those fighters that iconic futuristic look and the detailing of the CW panels lines adds more to that feel on a scaled model.
__________________
Jeff
tripoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 04:47 PM   #108
Insane Collector
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: ETNG/LSZH
Age: 30
Posts: 1,121
Send a message via ICQ to 777-300ER
Default Re: New F-14 From Century Wings

Also deeper panel lines hide the gaps pretty good. A nicely weathered Witty Superhornet looks really nice though.
777-300ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 04:59 PM   #109
Insane Collector
 
mar_ji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: the netherlands
Posts: 1,934
Default Re: New F-14 From Century Wings

i got both brands and happy with all of them...... both have their flaws and still like every single models ive bought from Witty and CW....
mar_ji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 06:44 PM   #110
Senior Collector
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: PA
Posts: 300
Default Re: New F-14 From Century Wings

Love my Witty brown aggressor F-14. Looks a whole lot better, infinitely so, than CW's nonexistent F-14 aggressor :-)

Now that I own a Witty and a CW F-14, I see a difference for sure. If it comes down to a $75 Witty, Unimax or even Dragon F-14 in the same livery as a $300 CW F-14, I'm definitely not going for the CW. If it's $150 for the CW, I'm going with the CW.
__________________
1/72 Liveries Desired: A-10 PA ANG; B-17 Yankee Lady; B-25 Briefing Time, Panchito, Yankee Warrior; EA-6 CoNA; Hurricane James Nicholson; F-4 JG71 40th Ann.; F-15 Cesar Rodriguez; F-16 NJ ANG, 111 FS Retro, 182nd FS Texas Flag, Greek Zeus 2015, CO Minuteman, DC ANG 85-1509 (old and current), Wild Weasels 50th Anniversary; F-18C VMFA-115 CAG, RAAF 20 Yrs. A21-26; F-18E VX-9 CAG; Lancaster Thumper; S-3 Navy One, Bugs Bunny, CoNA; U/VH-60 Marine One; V-22 HMX-1
StrikeEagle94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 04:43 AM   #111
Senior Collector
 
firefighterpilot1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 230
Default Re: New F-14 From Century Wings

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripoli View Post
CW likes the CAG colorful birds, so I would think 213 would be their pick. Personally, I like 200 because of the darker blue and the constellation lion myself, but I am happy with either one. It will be interesting to see what CW does come out with next.

Black Lions 204 had both the full colored tail and darker blue markings:




Note the very thin gold line on the front:
I can't say 100% but I want to say that scheme was painted for a museum and that it never wore it operationally. Will have to look into it more to say for certain. Only AJ 201 wore the dark blue markings, otherwise AJ 202+ wore the dark gray markings.
firefighterpilot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 04:51 AM   #112
Complete Wacko!
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: timbuktu
Posts: 5,672
Default Re: New F-14 From Century Wings

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighterpilot1 View Post
I can't say 100% but I want to say that scheme was painted for a museum and that it never wore it operationally. Will have to look into it more to say for certain. Only AJ 201 wore the dark blue markings, otherwise AJ 202+ wore the dark gray markings.
aww man... such a killjoy. but if it were the museum of aviation exclusive, oh man will this scheme take to the skies! damn... better shut my gob with these "exclusives" since i wanna get them without having to visit the museums
tomcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 07:39 AM   #113
Senior Collector
 
firefighterpilot1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 230
Default Re: New F-14 From Century Wings

Yup, this jet is now at the Naval Aviation Museum in Pensacola.
firefighterpilot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 08:36 AM   #114
Insane Collector
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: ETNG/LSZH
Age: 30
Posts: 1,121
Send a message via ICQ to 777-300ER
Default Re: New F-14 From Century Wings

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighterpilot1 View Post
Yup, this jet is now at the Naval Aviation Museum in Pensacola.
I also only found pictures of it in low vis while on a carrier.
777-300ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 12:57 PM   #115
Senior Collector
 
books's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: a transneptunian region near you!
Posts: 397
Default Re: New F-14 From Century Wings

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighterpilot1 View Post
I can't say 100% but I want to say that scheme was painted for a museum and that it never wore it operationally. Will have to look into it more to say for certain. Only AJ 201 wore the dark blue markings, otherwise AJ 202+ wore the dark gray markings.
So according to the newly released (awesome, awesome, awesome, by the way) ebook version of Kinzey's "Colors & Markings of US Navy Tomcats, Pt. 1" the jet in question is 161159, and Firefighterpilot1 is correct that this scheme was added to the jet only just before it was transferred to the Pensacola museum, and that prior to this it was in normal squadron colors.

It even gives the dates: there's a photo of this exact Tom landing at Oceana on return from its final deployment in '06; it returned on March 10, and the author states that (of course) this is how it looked when it flew that special sortie (see below) as well. The author goes on to specify that the repainting occurred sometime between this date and April 13. That is pretty damn specific!

Since this was actually the last Tomcat to ever fly a combat mission,*
there's actually a detailed photo study of it (shot in the museum) at the end of the book, which is really interesting. As everybody can see, it's in overall gull grey (NOT TPS!!!), has the large, more centrally placed national insignia, ect, and is generally a real looker , but it has little touches like the names of various squadron personnel and a chronology of this particular Cat's lives on the radome, as you can kind of see in one of the pictures above:

"Assembled Nov 1980
Last Deployment
September 01 2005 -- 11 Mar 2006
224 Sorties
Last Combat Mission
7 February 2006
Last Flt 13 Apr 2006"

Without disagreeing with the guys who want the bird in line colors, I'd like to point out that, while it could be said that this is appearance is just a "show bird" thing, it could also be argued that this is presumably the way the squadron itself chose to be remembered, and that that has value and deserves to be respected as well.

Also, there's something to be said for lookers




*bar, potentially, the Ali Cats...obviously...

Last edited by books; 06-27-2015 at 01:03 PM.
books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 01:18 PM   #116
Complete Wacko!
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: timbuktu
Posts: 5,672
Default Re: New F-14 From Century Wings

Quote:
Originally Posted by books View Post
So according to the newly released (awesome, awesome, awesome, by the way) ebook version of Kinzey's "Colors & Markings of US Navy Tomcats, Pt. 1" the jet in question is 161159, and Firefighterpilot1 is correct that this scheme was added to the jet only just before it was transferred to the Pensacola museum, and that prior to this it was in normal squadron colors.

It even gives the dates: there's a photo of this exact Tom landing at Oceana on return from its final deployment in '06; it returned on March 10, and the author states that (of course) this is how it looked when it flew that special sortie (see below) as well. The author goes on to specify that the repainting occurred sometime between this date and April 13. That is pretty damn specific!

Since this was actually the last Tomcat to ever fly a combat mission,*
there's actually a detailed photo study of it (shot in the museum) at the end of the book, which is really interesting. As everybody can see, it's in overall gull grey (NOT TPS!!!), has the large, more centrally placed national insignia, ect, and is generally a real looker , but it has little touches like the names of various squadron personnel and a chronology of this particular Cat's lives on the radome, as you can kind of see in one of the pictures above:

"Assembled Nov 1980
Last Deployment
September 01 2005 -- 11 Mar 2006
224 Sorties
Last Combat Mission
7 February 2006
Last Flt 13 Apr 2006"

Without disagreeing with the guys who want the bird in line colors, I'd like to point out that, while it could be said that this is appearance is just a "show bird" thing, it could also be argued that this is presumably the way the squadron itself chose to be remembered, and that that has value and deserves to be respected as well.

Also, there's something to be said for lookers




*bar, potentially, the Ali Cats...obviously...
it's cool. nuff said. cw... whatdya waiting for?
tomcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 01:25 PM   #117
Senior Collector
 
books's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: a transneptunian region near you!
Posts: 397
Default Re: New F-14 From Century Wings

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcatter View Post
it's cool. nuff said. cw... whatdya waiting for?
Yup. Dare we say it?


...Anytime, CW!
books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 02:07 PM   #118
Insane Collector
 
tripoli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Sylvania, Ohio, USA
Posts: 1,611
Default Re: New F-14 From Century Wings

As posted and noted above, 204 would be my most wanted and CW F-14 next wanted pick.
__________________
Jeff
tripoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 02:14 PM   #119
Insane Collector
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: ETNG/LSZH
Age: 30
Posts: 1,121
Send a message via ICQ to 777-300ER
Default Re: New F-14 From Century Wings

Also wouldn't mind 204 in low vis scheme. I'd prefer 200 in high vis colors.
777-300ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 07:18 PM   #120
Senior Collector
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: PA
Posts: 300
Default Re: New F-14 From Century Wings

Flyingmule has started shipping the Tomcatters preorders
__________________
1/72 Liveries Desired: A-10 PA ANG; B-17 Yankee Lady; B-25 Briefing Time, Panchito, Yankee Warrior; EA-6 CoNA; Hurricane James Nicholson; F-4 JG71 40th Ann.; F-15 Cesar Rodriguez; F-16 NJ ANG, 111 FS Retro, 182nd FS Texas Flag, Greek Zeus 2015, CO Minuteman, DC ANG 85-1509 (old and current), Wild Weasels 50th Anniversary; F-18C VMFA-115 CAG, RAAF 20 Yrs. A21-26; F-18E VX-9 CAG; Lancaster Thumper; S-3 Navy One, Bugs Bunny, CoNA; U/VH-60 Marine One; V-22 HMX-1
StrikeEagle94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 01:27 AM   #121
Insane Collector
 
tripoli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Sylvania, Ohio, USA
Posts: 1,611
Default Re: New F-14 From Century Wings

If you ordered through Pete's, he will get them in on Thursday and ship them out at that time. Should see them in hand the first week of July.
__________________
Jeff
tripoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 02:47 AM   #122
Complete Wacko!
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: timbuktu
Posts: 5,672
Default Re: New F-14 From Century Wings

meanwhile...

Last edited by tomcatter; 09-29-2015 at 12:14 PM.
tomcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 07:37 AM   #123
Too many models! (1500+)
 
FortunateSon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Honiara
Posts: 2,153
Default Re: New F-14 From Century Wings

Looks like a medium significance paint defect (striping/waving) on the port side fuselage under the RIO's canopy. also not the nicest finish on the nose gear doors. Still, I'm sure the ultra-close-up photography exacerbates both issues.

Thanks for the pics! Glad I ordered two, though honestly those wanting to save a few bucks who can track down the older dragon version of the similar aircraft (in my view dragon's best tomcat) will be getting 98% of the model that this one is at 1/3 or less of the price, i think.

Last edited by FortunateSon; 06-28-2015 at 07:40 AM.
FortunateSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:20 AM   #124
Complete Wacko!
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: timbuktu
Posts: 5,672
Default Re: New F-14 From Century Wings

Quote:
Originally Posted by FortunateSon View Post
Looks like a medium significance paint defect (striping/waving) on the port side fuselage under the RIO's canopy. also not the nicest finish on the nose gear doors. Still, I'm sure the ultra-close-up photography exacerbates both issues.

Thanks for the pics! Glad I ordered two, though honestly those wanting to save a few bucks who can track down the older dragon version of the similar aircraft (in my view dragon's best tomcat) will be getting 98% of the model that this one is at 1/3 or less of the price, i think.
yups... the close ups bring out these deficiencies quite significantly. that said, do check your model when it arrives. it doesn't seem to be an isolated issue. a nice model nevertheless.
tomcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:36 AM   #125
Senior Collector
 
books's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: a transneptunian region near you!
Posts: 397
Default Re: New F-14 From Century Wings

Wow, nice!!

Thanks!! Looks like a really great model, even if it is a pencil...

Can I request a nice full-airframe shot from the pilot/RIO's right side? Would be great to see the TPS contrasts from a full-body POV...from something other than the official CW photo version!
books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:37 AM   #126
Senior Collector
 
books's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: a transneptunian region near you!
Posts: 397
Default Re: New F-14 From Century Wings

Also, lemme add that I really like the way you have the pilots sitting on the jet in those two photos!
books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:39 AM   #127
Senior Collector
 
books's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: a transneptunian region near you!
Posts: 397
Default Re: New F-14 From Century Wings

Quote:
Originally Posted by FortunateSon View Post
Looks like a medium significance paint defect (striping/waving) on the port side fuselage under the RIO's canopy. also not the nicest finish on the nose gear doors. Still, I'm sure the ultra-close-up photography exacerbates both issues.

Thanks for the pics! Glad I ordered two, though honestly those wanting to save a few bucks who can track down the older dragon version of the similar aircraft (in my view dragon's best tomcat) will be getting 98% of the model that this one is at 1/3 or less of the price, i think.
Could it be a thumbprint?

A couple of mine over the years have seemed to have that issue...
books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 02:41 PM   #128
Insane Collector
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: ETNG/LSZH
Age: 30
Posts: 1,121
Send a message via ICQ to 777-300ER
Default Re: New F-14 From Century Wings

Thanks for the pictures tomcatter. The model really looks great. I'm not too concerned about the faults in the paint as I'm pretty sure they are only visible from really up close.
777-300ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 07:00 PM   #129
Happy to be a Collector
 
D.A.K.O.T.A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Great Britain 🇬🇧
Posts: 131
Post Re: New F-14 From Century Wings

Indeed, thanks for the photos tomcatter.

Really been looking forward to this one, just hope the colours look good as picture 10 above still looks like a slightly darker shade of grey on the front end...!

I await to see a larger photo of the whole model and hope it looks similar to the one on the CW website.
__________________
Dak
D.A.K.O.T.A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 01:08 AM   #130
Complete Wacko!
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: timbuktu
Posts: 5,672
Default Re: New F-14 From Century Wings

Quote:
Originally Posted by books View Post
Could it be a thumbprint?

A couple of mine over the years have seemed to have that issue...
nope... looks more like wolverine got his hands on the bird before the pilots managed to escape

Quote:
Originally Posted by books View Post
Also, lemme add that I really like the way you have the pilots sitting on the jet in those two photos!
ah well... they do deserve some time out once in a while

Quote:
Originally Posted by books View Post
Wow, nice!!

Thanks!! Looks like a really great model, even if it is a pencil...

Can I request a nice full-airframe shot from the pilot/RIO's right side? Would be great to see the TPS contrasts from a full-body POV...from something other than the official CW photo version!
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.A.K.O.T.A View Post
Indeed, thanks for the photos tomcatter.

Really been looking forward to this one, just hope the colours look good as picture 10 above still looks like a slightly darker shade of grey on the front end...!

I await to see a larger photo of the whole model and hope it looks similar to the one on the CW website.
okies... will try to post some pics later.
tomcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 02:25 AM   #131
Complete Wacko!
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: timbuktu
Posts: 5,672
Default Re: New F-14 From Century Wings

here u go...

Last edited by tomcatter; 09-29-2015 at 12:15 PM.
tomcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 03:20 AM   #132
Insane Collector
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: ETNG/LSZH
Age: 30
Posts: 1,121
Send a message via ICQ to 777-300ER
Default Re: New F-14 From Century Wings

It looks like CW didn't print any no step stencils on this model.
777-300ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 03:26 AM   #133
Senior Collector
 
books's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: a transneptunian region near you!
Posts: 397
Default Re: New F-14 From Century Wings

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcatter View Post
here u go...
WOW!!

Those are some really excellent photos, the paint looks great and it sure looks like CW is really back in the game!! Terrible, terrible news for our wallets, but really great to see!!!

Thanks again Tomcatter, looks like you're pretty handy with that camera too. Too bad there isn't a "saluting" icon, otherwise you'd be getting one here
books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 04:22 AM   #134
Complete Wacko!
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: timbuktu
Posts: 5,672
Default Re: New F-14 From Century Wings

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777-300ER View Post
It looks like CW didn't print any no step stencils on this model.
yeah... the "no step" are pretty difficult to see on the real bird too (see attachment below)

Quote:
Originally Posted by books View Post
WOW!!

Those are some really excellent photos, the paint looks great and it sure looks like CW is really back in the game!! Terrible, terrible news for our wallets, but really great to see!!!

Thanks again Tomcatter, looks like you're pretty handy with that camera too. Too bad there isn't a "saluting" icon, otherwise you'd be getting one here
thanks books. i couldn't get the angles quite the same as cw did... and i suspect they were using wideangle prime lenses which are hard to replicate with a smartphone

Last edited by tomcatter; 09-29-2015 at 12:15 PM.
tomcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 09:43 AM   #135
Senior Collector
 
books's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: a transneptunian region near you!
Posts: 397
Default Re: New F-14 From Century Wings

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcatter View Post
thanks books. i couldn't get the angles quite the same as cw did... and i suspect they were using wideangle prime lenses which are hard to replicate with a smartphone
No no, thank YOU. They were great!

Congrats on the awesome new model!!cool:
books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 09:56 AM   #136
Complete Wacko!
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: timbuktu
Posts: 5,672
Default Re: New F-14 From Century Wings

Quote:
Originally Posted by books View Post
No no, thank YOU. They were great!

Congrats on the awesome new model!!cool:
lol... i think this model happens to be the most photographed of all my cw tomcats
tomcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 10:40 AM   #137
Master Collector
 
Kangaroo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: up in the air
Posts: 804
Default Re: New F-14 From Century Wings

Is this already released? I thought it was still a pre-order.
Kangaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 10:51 AM   #138
Complete Wacko!
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: timbuktu
Posts: 5,672
Default Re: New F-14 From Century Wings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangaroo View Post
Is this already released? I thought it was still a pre-order.
it has already been released but taking the slow steamer to maple country
tomcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 12:00 PM   #139
Master Collector
 
Kangaroo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: up in the air
Posts: 804
Default Re: New F-14 From Century Wings

Bwahahaha, maple country. :P
Kangaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 12:45 PM   #140
Senior Collector
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pitt Meadows
Posts: 214
Default Re: New F-14 From Century Wings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangaroo View Post
Bwahahaha, maple country. :P
Mine is on the way from the Flying Mule, I will be picking it up tomorrow
chubbeyfinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 01:08 PM   #141
Senior Collector
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Long Island
Posts: 413
Default Re: New F-14 From Century Wings

Just a tip for those of you who want the loadout to be accurate.

1. Don't put on the Phoenix missile on the portside pylon. By the time this Tomcat wore this livery, the Phoenix missile was already retired.

2. Take off one or both of the GBU-24 bombs from the front pallets. Tomcats did not fly with 2 GBU-24s up front.
AIRWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 08:56 PM   #142
Complete Wacko!
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: timbuktu
Posts: 5,672
Default Re: New F-14 From Century Wings

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIRWOLF View Post
Just a tip for those of you who want the loadout to be accurate.

1. Don't put on the Phoenix missile on the portside pylon. By the time this Tomcat wore this livery, the Phoenix missile was already retired.

2. Take off one or both of the GBU-24 bombs from the front pallets. Tomcats did not fly with 2 GBU-24s up front.
true... but they look more badass that way
tomcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 01:19 AM   #143
Insane Collector
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: ETNG/LSZH
Age: 30
Posts: 1,121
Send a message via ICQ to 777-300ER
Default Re: New F-14 From Century Wings

I plan to display it without any weapons but with the pallets on. Just like it looked when it came back from it's last cruise.
777-300ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 03:31 AM   #144
Complete Wacko!
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: timbuktu
Posts: 5,672
Default Re: New F-14 From Century Wings

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777-300ER View Post
I plan to display it without any weapons but with the pallets on. Just like it looked when it came back from it's last cruise.
i'd love to get my hands on the redundant weapons pack then
tomcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 04:56 AM   #145
Master Collector
 
Kangaroo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: up in the air
Posts: 804
Default Re: New F-14 From Century Wings

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbeyfinger View Post
Mine is on the way from the Flying Mule, I will be picking it up tomorrow
Do you have the link for that? Can't seem to find it under Century Wings.
Kangaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 05:04 AM   #146
Complete Wacko!
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: timbuktu
Posts: 5,672
Default Re: New F-14 From Century Wings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangaroo View Post
Do you have the link for that? Can't seem to find it under Century Wings.
probably coz it's sold out?

F-14D Tomcat 1:72 Diecast Model - Century Wings CW-001615 - Century Wings 001615: The Flying Mule
tomcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 05:19 AM   #147
Master Collector
 
Kangaroo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: up in the air
Posts: 804
Default Re: New F-14 From Century Wings

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcatter View Post
Ohhh, right. My bad. I thought it was this one that was being released and I had to have it. haha.
Attached Thumbnails
New F-14 From Century Wings-f-14.jpg  
Kangaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 05:40 AM   #148
Complete Wacko!
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: timbuktu
Posts: 5,672
Default Re: New F-14 From Century Wings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangaroo View Post
Ohhh, right. My bad. I thought it was this one that was being released and I had to have it. haha.

ahh... we're all waiting for that one
tomcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 08:06 AM   #149
Master Collector
 
Kangaroo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: up in the air
Posts: 804
Default Re: New F-14 From Century Wings

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcatter View Post
ahh... we're all waiting for that one
Haha whoops. You can tell I'm not caught up on the latest pre-orders. Or should I say the pre-orders that are being released now.

I might go after this F-14D US Navy VF-31 Tomcatters. I don't have anything from Century Wings yet, and the livery on this plane is pretty nice. Expensive though.
Kangaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 08:17 AM   #150
Complete Wacko!
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: timbuktu
Posts: 5,672
Default Re: New F-14 From Century Wings

if u think these pre orders are expensive, wait till u see how much they're worth on the secondary market!
tomcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:33 AM.

Latest Threads
- by BA2936
- by BA2936
 

Models of the Week
 



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.