Ideas for Hobby Master releases - Page 10 - DA.C
 

Go Back   DA.C > Ground Control > Military Model Aircraft

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 2.31 average.
Old 12-24-2016, 08:01 PM   #451
Insane Collector
 
tripoli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Sylvania, Ohio, USA
Posts: 1,611
Default Re: Ideas for Hobby Master releases

This was in the 1:1 military forum but it should be here:

__________________
Jeff
tripoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-24-2016, 09:57 PM   #452
Missed approach
 
Prop-Jet Electra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: TX
Posts: 2,180
Default Re: Ideas for Hobby Master releases

If you guys help lobby for stuff I want I'll help lobby for the stuff you want




I actually bought a couple military models the other day, first time in 40 years. They were so sharp I couldn't help myself

__________________
.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Prop-Jet Electra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 05:13 AM   #453
Master Collector
 
Kangaroo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: up in the air
Posts: 804
Default Re: Ideas for Hobby Master releases

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripoli View Post
This was in the 1:1 military forum but it should be here:

Now that is a sweet looking CF-18!! Are there decals for this livery from the model kits?
Kangaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 12-25-2016, 05:15 AM   #454
Master Collector
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: essex, england
Age: 61
Posts: 610
Default Re: Ideas for Hobby Master releases

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prop-Jet Electra View Post
If you guys help lobby for stuff I want I'll help lobby for the stuff you want




I actually bought a couple military models the other day, first time in 40 years. They were so sharp I couldn't help myself

& they're miles too big for HM's 1/72 tool size limits.
wilkinss77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 02:46 AM   #455
Senior Collector
 
tim_1/72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Manila
Posts: 439
Default Re: Ideas for Hobby Master releases

Would be great if they could release another Mig-21SMT. I wonder why we only got one from that tooling. Did it really bomb so bad?
tim_1/72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 03:00 AM   #456
The Collector
 
Ukrainian_Falcons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 5,385
Default Re: Ideas for Hobby Master releases

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim_1/72 View Post
Would be great if they could release another Mig-21SMT. I wonder why we only got one from that tooling. Did it really bomb so bad?
There's actually 2, one camo, one silver, both have been rare for years now.

I think it's a common misnomer to say these bombed because of HM's reluctance to make more soviet models till this point but when you consider there were between 1500 to 2500 each made for the first 7 Fishbeds and there's zero on eBay for years now of anyone of these releases, I'd say they were more then popular. Only the latest batch of silver PFM's were a really bad idea.

I hope they do more accuracy camo releases in the future.
Ukrainian_Falcons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 01:41 PM   #457
Insane Collector
 
tripoli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Sylvania, Ohio, USA
Posts: 1,611
Default Re: Ideas for Hobby Master releases

I had not collected the Soviet birds until; now because I was concentrating on getting the US and allied nations in my collection. But over time, I have grown that interest and seeing them used around the world today, I am now looking to add those aircraft to my collection. I wonder how many other collectors may have a similar mindset.
I would like to collect the most modern warbirds first. But with the limited selection on the market currently, quality over availability is my first priority on what I purchase. Now that HM has ventured into the Soviet aircraft, I hope they do bring the iconic liveries out.
__________________
Jeff

Last edited by tripoli; 01-02-2017 at 05:36 PM.
tripoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 02:21 PM   #458
Master Collector
 
cheesecake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Angers - France
Posts: 957
Default Re: Ideas for Hobby Master releases

I did the contrary to you Tripoli... i gave up US navy and i focus my money to soviet birds !
Choice did cause to a lack of place...

Last edited by cheesecake; 01-02-2017 at 05:59 PM.
cheesecake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 05:00 PM   #459
Sukhoi Collector
 
plane737's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Winchester
Age: 46
Posts: 1,945
Default Re: Ideas for Hobby Master releases

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukrainian_Falcons View Post
There's actually 2, one camo, one silver, both have been rare for years now.

I think it's a common misnomer to say these bombed because of HM's reluctance to make more soviet models till this point but when you consider there were between 1500 to 2500 each made for the first 7 Fishbeds and there's zero on eBay for years now of anyone of these releases, I'd say they were more then popular. Only the latest batch of silver PFM's were a really bad idea.

I hope they do more accuracy camo releases in the future.
I would love to see some more releases soon. This book Ideas for Hobby Master releases-namericanredx_0037_-616x800-.jpg was one of the From me to Me X Mas gifts . There are some beautiful camo liveries that would sell very well imo.
plane737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 11:08 PM   #460
The Collector
 
Ukrainian_Falcons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 5,385
Default Re: Ideas for Hobby Master releases

Same here, I've had my fill of USN aircraft now, just waiting on the Hawkeye and Super Bug I'm after and finished. I found it extremely hard to get some of the older Fishbeds and even the Fagots, one I wish I could get my hands on is the Iraqi Fishbed, dam thing is impossible to find or at a sensible price, where the hell did 2500 units go ?!?

Very nice book, if you ever have the time, you should suggest some to HM using your book. I'm sure there's quite a few Soviet camo schemes that should be done, heck even some African Fishbeds had good and unique camo and saw lots of combat with all the civil wars they've had.
Ukrainian_Falcons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 04:06 AM   #461
Junior Collector
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Socal
Posts: 32
Default Re: Ideas for Hobby Master releases



I would love to see a Royal Maces Super Hornet.
sigmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 11:44 AM   #462
Senior Collector
 
tim_1/72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Manila
Posts: 439
Default Re: Ideas for Hobby Master releases

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukrainian_Falcons View Post
There's actually 2, one camo, one silver, both have been rare for years now.

I think it's a common misnomer to say these bombed because of HM's reluctance to make more soviet models till this point but when you consider there were between 1500 to 2500 each made for the first 7 Fishbeds and there's zero on eBay for years now of anyone of these releases, I'd say they were more then popular. Only the latest batch of silver PFM's were a really bad idea.

I hope they do more accuracy camo releases in the future.
Thanks for the heads up on the other SMT. For the PFMs, I dunno, even if they released more camos for that one, I'm just not attracted to that variant. Felt like they could've milked their existing molds further before jumping to the PFMs
tim_1/72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 11:47 AM   #463
Senior Collector
 
tim_1/72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Manila
Posts: 439
Default Re: Ideas for Hobby Master releases

Ok since I mentioned this in the other thread, I would love for HM to release all their 1/48 props in 1/72nd scale. After having seen the P-40 effort, I think HM could give us a nice 1/72nd corsair and a spit IX since gemini isn't active anymore. It probably would not have a single rivet in them but the p-40 turned out to be quite rather nice

Last edited by tim_1/72; 01-05-2017 at 11:50 AM.
tim_1/72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 09:51 PM   #464
Insane Collector
 
tker76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Perth
Posts: 1,820
Default Re: Ideas for Hobby Master releases

While the models I would most like to see would require mould modifications, I wish HM would make some of the obvious schemes not yet done for existing moulds.

For a start, as mentioned many times, there are any number of USN MiG-killer F-4s as yet undone.

A Combat Lancer F-111 (initial, not very successful 1968 deployment of F-111 to Thailand) would be great to accompany the later scheme first released from the deployment to NKP later in the War:



Decals are available for this scheme: TwoBobs 48-067: F-111A; Combat Lancer

A Farm Gate Air Commando A-26B/C would be very nice, these were not the later A-26K Counter Invaders, but standard B and C models, which HM has moulds for. Although wearing VNAF markings, these aircraft were crewed by USAF aircrew:



Again, decals are available: Wolfpak Decals 72-040: Light My Fire, reviewed by Scott Van Aken

In addition, any VNAF releases would be nice - especially an F-5E and an A-1H.

A Vietnam camo scheme C-47 (1/200 Airliner Series DC-3 mould) would also be nice, particularly an AC-47 (which offers opportunity for USAF, VNAF and Royal Laotian AF schemes), though if they don't want to make any changes just one of the ELINT or general transport aircraft would do.

These are all Vietnam War examples, but other similar, easily done and appealing schemes are out there for all types and eras.
tker76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 09:54 PM   #465
The Collector
 
Ukrainian_Falcons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 5,385
Default Re: Ideas for Hobby Master releases

I have an idea for Hobby Master.... stop damaging the models ! Lol
Ukrainian_Falcons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 10:07 PM   #466
Master Collector
 
Shawn507's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Killeen
Posts: 989
Default Re: Ideas for Hobby Master releases

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukrainian_Falcons View Post
I have an idea for Hobby Master.... stop damaging the models ! Lol
Oh that's my fault don't you know.
Shawn507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 10:13 PM   #467
The Collector
 
Ukrainian_Falcons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 5,385
Default Re: Ideas for Hobby Master releases

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn507 View Post
Oh that's my fault don't you know.
Whoever suggested that is really dumb, the blame is solely on the factory and HM for not maintaining a high standard of product like they did before.
Ukrainian_Falcons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 10:14 PM   #468
Senior Collector
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Cormeilles en Parisis
Posts: 499
Default Re: Ideas for Hobby Master releases

Early Model A-20B/C Havoc/Boston/DB-7. Glass Nose and Flexible gun turret (no power turret).

Also A-20 WWII USAAF daytime level bomber (Green) with the glass nose (not the night intruder). The have a RAF and a FFA version but no US? WTF?
mmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 05:00 PM   #469
Sukhoi Collector
 
plane737's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Winchester
Age: 46
Posts: 1,945
Default Re: Ideas for Hobby Master releases

With a Kuwait AF Hornet on it's way to me later this week, I would like to see HM produce a Spanish AF F 18!
Ideas for Hobby Master releases-f18spain-148.jpg
plane737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 09:27 PM   #470
Collector
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 95
Default Re: Ideas for Hobby Master releases

HM have produced a Spanish Hornet, item HA3508.



It is a pretty old release though, so I guess it'll be hard to find one for sale today.
Aussie117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 09:44 PM   #471
Master Collector
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: essex, england
Age: 61
Posts: 610
Default Re: Ideas for Hobby Master releases

Another true Soviet AF MiG-15 warbird, considering they only ever made one, & you can't get it anymore.
wilkinss77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 09:56 PM   #472
Banned
 
ACpilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 4,081
Default Re: Ideas for Hobby Master releases

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangaroo View Post
Now that is a sweet looking CF-18!! Are there decals for this livery from the model kits?
The real aircraft hasn't even been painted yet.

Once painted, I would guess that it would be a good candidate for a decal company to release.

Dan
ACpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 10:05 PM   #473
Master Collector
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: essex, england
Age: 61
Posts: 610
Default Re: Ideas for Hobby Master releases

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim_1/72 View Post
Ok since I mentioned this in the other thread, I would love for HM to release all their 1/48 props in 1/72nd scale. After having seen the P-40 effort, I think HM could give us a nice 1/72nd corsair and a spit IX since gemini isn't active anymore. It probably would not have a single rivet in them but the p-40 turned out to be quite rather nice
William has already suggested possible 1/72 corsairs, spitfires, mustangs & wildcats in the next 2 years, in a reply to an email I sent regarding the omission so far of a wildcat.
wilkinss77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 12:49 PM   #474
Too many models! (1500+)
 
FortunateSon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Honiara
Posts: 2,165
Default Re: Ideas for Hobby Master releases

ugh.

i thought the 1/72 p-40n was a bad omen. this news only confirms it.

really not interested in any of those in 1/72. 1/48 yes. 1/72 = please give us more cold war stuff, post-war stuff, and ww2 heavies!

a 1/72 f3 demon by skymax or hm would go over very very very well.

or, still #1 on my wish list:

SKYNIGHT by SKYMAX.


FortunateSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 01:14 PM   #475
Senior Collector
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: St. Paul, Minnesota
Posts: 359
Default Re: Ideas for Hobby Master releases

Quote:
Originally Posted by FortunateSon View Post
ugh.

i thought the 1/72 p-40n was a bad omen. this news only confirms it.

really not interested in any of those in 1/72. 1/48 yes. 1/72 = please give us more cold war stuff, post-war stuff, and ww2 heavies!
Some of us out there welcome the choice of more 1/72 single-engine planes. However, I would never complain if HM decided to be the B-26 or B-25 a try.
Kruse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 02:50 PM   #476
Too many models! (1500+)
 
FortunateSon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Honiara
Posts: 2,165
Default Re: Ideas for Hobby Master releases

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruse View Post
Some of us out there welcome the choice of more 1/72 single-engine planes. However, I would never complain if HM decided to be the B-26 or B-25 a try.
it seems that as a real-world thing, HM's single engine ww2 planes are priced at about 75%-80% the price of their 1/48 planes. My contention is that at that price point, the 1/72 single engine planes provide poor value. Moreover, many of the proposed subjects have not only been done, but have been done or are being done quite well by dragon, corgi, and others.

B-26? You have three perfectly decent B-26s from FOV. B-25? A multitude of SUPERB ones from corgi (and the ****-covered Oh-7). Sure, no commando nose ons yet, but surely there are better things for HM to do.

I understand that space is a concern to some, but the reality is that the 1/72 subjects being discussed have been done to death, are widely available in cheaper alernatives (oxford, etc) and are also more or less readily available on ebay. You know how we all cringe at aftermarket prices for rare dragon mustangs on ebay? that will be LESS THAN THE RETAIL PRICE of HM 1/72 P-51Ds, i'm guessing.

HM does so much so well. Let's not let them waste their energies on well worn subjects that provide poor value.
FortunateSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 06:43 AM   #477
Senior Collector
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Cormeilles en Parisis
Posts: 499
Default Re: Ideas for Hobby Master releases

Quote:
Originally Posted by FortunateSon View Post
it seems that as a real-world thing, HM's single engine ww2 planes are priced at about 75%-80% the price of their 1/48 planes. My contention is that at that price point, the 1/72 single engine planes provide poor value. Moreover, many of the proposed subjects have not only been done, but have been done or are being done quite well by dragon, corgi, and others.

B-26? You have three perfectly decent B-26s from FOV. B-25? A multitude of SUPERB ones from corgi (and the ****-covered Oh-7). Sure, no commando nose ons yet, but surely there are better things for HM to do.

I understand that space is a concern to some, but the reality is that the 1/72 subjects being discussed have been done to death, are widely available in cheaper alernatives (oxford, etc) and are also more or less readily available on ebay. You know how we all cringe at aftermarket prices for rare dragon mustangs on ebay? that will be LESS THAN THE RETAIL PRICE of HM 1/72 P-51Ds, i'm guessing.

HM does so much so well. Let's not let them waste their energies on well worn subjects that provide poor value.
You forget that many of the Dragon 1/72 are not easily obtainable. The P-51s, Corsairs, Wildcats and Zeros are very tricky to find and they are not cheap either.

I think there is a market for at least some of them, and there are tons of single engine fighters not yet done especially in the Russian and Japanese side.
mmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 07:06 AM   #478
Master Collector
 
Wildblood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Staffordshire (United Kingdom)
Posts: 892
Default Re: Ideas for Hobby Master releases

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarsh View Post
You forget that many of the Dragon 1/72 are not easily obtainable. The P-51s, Corsairs, Wildcats and Zeros are very tricky to find and they are not cheap either.

I think there is a market for at least some of them, and there are tons of single engine fighters not yet done especially in the Russian and Japanese side.
That's true but I'm not convinced HM will be the one to remedy that? Still, they are a more likely candidate than Corgi!

I would truly love HM (or Skymax) to release, at least, the IL-2. I think that would be the most popular Soviet WW2 release.
__________________
If at first you don't succeed......have you selected the correct ordinance!?
Wildblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 12:13 PM   #479
Senior Collector
 
jmiguelro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: jerez de la frontera
Posts: 167
Default Re: Ideas for Hobby Master releases

I´m still dreaming of HM to do some oh this...




__________________
My dream is to fly
jmiguelro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 01:15 PM   #480
Sukhoi Collector
 
plane737's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Winchester
Age: 46
Posts: 1,945
Default Re: Ideas for Hobby Master releases

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie117 View Post
HM have produced a Spanish Hornet, item HA3508.



It is a pretty old release though, so I guess it'll be hard to find one for sale today.
Did not know that. Many thanks, the hunt is on now!
plane737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 02:26 AM   #481
Senior Collector
 
tim_1/72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Manila
Posts: 439
Default Re: Ideas for Hobby Master releases

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkinss77 View Post
William has already suggested possible 1/72 corsairs, spitfires, mustangs & wildcats in the next 2 years, in a reply to an email I sent regarding the omission so far of a wildcat.
Will look forward to that then. I can't really a see reason why they shouldn't go this route if they wanna make more $$$. I will have to respectfully disagree with Fortunateson, while it may be true for the Spit, the Mustangs have not been milked do death in 1/72 diecast. It's still lactating and I feel you can squeeze more out from it. The dragon P-51 was great, but almost all their mustangs with the green paint on top of the fuselage had the wrong paint color and in the case of the Old crow the wrong demarcation line as well. And they only released very few schemes. Same with Gemini. But they're selling out. The gemini Old crow sold out even with tons of errors. The OD canopy frame, non-aluminum landing gear struts etc. The old corgi mold just doesn't look right.
tim_1/72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 05:23 AM   #482
Master Collector
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: essex, england
Age: 61
Posts: 610
Default Re: Ideas for Hobby Master releases

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim_1/72 View Post
Will look forward to that then. I can't really a see reason why they shouldn't go this route if they wanna make more $$$. I will have to respectfully disagree with Fortunateson, while it may be true for the Spit, the Mustangs have not been milked do death in 1/72 diecast. It's still lactating and I feel you can squeeze more out from it. The dragon P-51 was great, but almost all their mustangs with the green paint on top of the fuselage had the wrong paint color and in the case of the Old crow the wrong demarcation line as well. And they only released very few schemes. Same with Gemini. But they're selling out. The gemini Old crow sold out even with tons of errors. The OD canopy frame, non-aluminum landing gear struts etc. The old corgi mold just doesn't look right.
My mistake, William didn't mention a spitfire. Here is what he said:

Dear Steve,
T
hank you for the suggestion.
Below is the explanation :

Budget is very tight so we are very selective these days in making models.

1) budget is very very tight so we have to be very selective. A lot of people is asking for Su-27 & Su-35 or even Su-25.

2) modern aircraft has become more and more popular these days (telling from our sales records).

3) we will be making P-40N this year in 1/72. In the following 2 years, we are looking to make more 1/72 WWII aircraft including P-51, Wildcat, Corsair, etc.

Hope we will see these one day (and soon).

William
wilkinss77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 05:57 AM   #483
The Collector
 
Ukrainian_Falcons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 5,385
Default Re: Ideas for Hobby Master releases

Well there you go, BS myth about soviet models not being popular has finally been debunked.

I suggested the Su-27 and Su-25 years ago, back when "budget" wasn't an issue and Witty was out of biz and JCW hadn't started theirs.

Why does my spidey sense tell me that's all BS and there waiting for the time to gouge us, coz JCW don't seem to have issues with the Su-27 and they only started making military models with overpriced Witty moulds

And yet niche world wide dumpers are still being made
Ukrainian_Falcons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 06:17 AM   #484
Insane Collector
 
Eagle_Flyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: UK
Posts: 1,670
Default Re: Ideas for Hobby Master releases

Perhaps back then - people, and I think that's referring to distributors weren't asking for Soviet models... and today they are. A market isn't static, it can be changing and manus should respond accordingly.
Eagle_Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 07:33 AM   #485
Insane Collector
 
Eagle_Flyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: UK
Posts: 1,670
Default Re: Ideas for Hobby Master releases

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim_1/72 View Post
Will look forward to that then. I can't really a see reason why they shouldn't go this route if they wanna make more $$$. I will have to respectfully disagree with Fortunateson, while it may be true for the Spit, the Mustangs have not been milked do death in 1/72 diecast. It's still lactating and I feel you can squeeze more out from it. The dragon P-51 was great, but almost all their mustangs with the green paint on top of the fuselage had the wrong paint color and in the case of the Old crow the wrong demarcation line as well. And they only released very few schemes. Same with Gemini. But they're selling out. The gemini Old crow sold out even with tons of errors. The OD canopy frame, non-aluminum landing gear struts etc. The old corgi mold just doesn't look right.
I agree it is still worth producing 1/72 WWII planes and for the usual types - P-51, P-40, Spit, 109 etc The one unknown I think is the price as it is getting rather expensive. Still too early to tell as Corgi has only really recently started updating their toolings as well as raise the retail.
Eagle_Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 07:54 AM   #486
Collector
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 95
Default Re: Ideas for Hobby Master releases

Quote:
Originally Posted by plane737 View Post
Did not know that. Many thanks, the hunt is on now!
No worries! I hope you find one at the right price.
Aussie117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 01:27 PM   #487
Sukhoi Collector
 
plane737's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Winchester
Age: 46
Posts: 1,945
Default Re: Ideas for Hobby Master releases

VFA 113 Stingers
Ideas for Hobby Master releases-vfa-113-cag.jpg

Ideas for Hobby Master releases-f-18cstinger600-1-.jpg

Last edited by plane737; 01-15-2017 at 01:30 PM.
plane737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 06:02 PM   #488
The Collector
 
Ukrainian_Falcons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 5,385
Default Re: Ideas for Hobby Master releases

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle_Flyer View Post
Perhaps back then - people, and I think that's referring to distributors weren't asking for Soviet models... and today they are. A market isn't static, it can be changing and manus should respond accordingly.
Guess so, the demand for soviet models would more then likely originate from Europe and Asia, the former region being largely ignored by HM. It's probably because of the increase in Asian collectors or they are finally speaking up, that we are getting new soviet moulds now.

Defo agree it's probably down to which distributors were the loudest, so many Swiss models have been made yet there is zero global demand for them, same with Turkish and Canadian models, all those themes still on ebay for many years now.
Ukrainian_Falcons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 10:24 AM   #489
Senior Collector
 
Robert Wycoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Bellaire (Houston), Texas
Posts: 198
Default Re: Ideas for Hobby Master releases

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBRStreetgang View Post
The B58 in 1:72 (or 1:144) is probably the top of my dream list.

But unfortunately it only served in two Wings and they are all (other than the prototype) NMF with the only distinguishing feature being the SQN band across the nose.

Unlikely for HM and to be frank I think I'd rather CW.
I bought a Mastercraft model.

NC10145 - google search
Robert Wycoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 11:04 AM   #490
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,594
Default Re: Ideas for Hobby Master releases

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukrainian_Falcons View Post
Guess so, the demand for soviet models would more then likely originate from Europe and Asia, the former region being largely ignored by HM. It's probably because of the increase in Asian collectors or they are finally speaking up, that we are getting new soviet moulds now.

Defo agree it's probably down to which distributors were the loudest, so many Swiss models have been made yet there is zero global demand for them, same with Turkish and Canadian models, all those themes still on ebay for many years now.
Swiss models for instance may not be an Aussie's cup of tea but most if not all Swiss releases by HM have been very good sellers in Europe at least. Many Canadian releases sell well too. So yeah, the demand might not be global, calling zero interest is a bit silly.
17275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 12:49 PM   #491
Complete Wacko!
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: timbuktu
Posts: 5,672
Default Re: Ideas for Hobby Master releases

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard from Rotterdam View Post
Swiss models for instance may not be an Aussie's cup of tea but most if not all Swiss releases by HM have been very good sellers in Europe at least. Many Canadian releases sell well too. So yeah, the demand might not be global, calling zero interest is a bit silly.
lol... i think there's zero interest in raaf models in switzerland and turkey, and perhaps canada too!
tomcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 01:00 PM   #492
Collector
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: PRG
Posts: 1,107
Default Re: Ideas for Hobby Master releases

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkinss77 View Post
My mistake, William didn't mention a spitfire. Here is what he said:

Dear Steve,
T
hank you for the suggestion.
Below is the explanation :

Budget is very tight so we are very selective these days in making models.

1) budget is very very tight so we have to be very selective. A lot of people is asking for Su-27 & Su-35 or even Su-25.

2) modern aircraft has become more and more popular these days (telling from our sales records).

3) we will be making P-40N this year in 1/72. In the following 2 years, we are looking to make more 1/72 WWII aircraft including P-51, Wildcat, Corsair, etc.

Hope we will see these one day (and soon).

William

What is your understanding, guys:

- has William only mentioned that lot of people are demanding SU-35/ 27 from HM, or that HM is actually already working on Flanker?

Have you any information about possible Flanker from HM? And if - should it be one seater? SU-35 or SU-27? Or will it possibly be any two seater version? Or even maybe SU-30SM two seater with canards?
Ladia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 01:16 PM   #493
Complete Wacko!
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: timbuktu
Posts: 5,672
Default Re: Ideas for Hobby Master releases

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladia View Post
What is your understanding, guys:

- has William only mentioned that lot of people are demanding SU-35/ 27 from HM, or that HM is actually already working on Flanker?

Have you any information about possible Flanker from HM? And if - should it be one seater? SU-35 or SU-27? Or will it possibly be any two seater version? Or even maybe SU-30SM two seater with canards?
hard to tell but I'm hoping it's the latter.
tomcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 01:56 PM   #494
Senior Collector
 
Feynman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Norwich, England, UK
Age: 46
Posts: 387
Default Re: Ideas for Hobby Master releases

I'm surprised how few British models HM has done in 72 - if the visit figures on the Hobby Master Collector site (attached below) are anything to go by, HM might want to address that. I suspect they're avoiding clashes with Corgi's offerings, but on the whole I would say HM models are better and if they do it right they could make a decent amount of cash by targetting Corgi's market.
Attached Thumbnails
Ideas for Hobby Master releases-untitled-1.jpg  
__________________
- Rob.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Feynman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 04:44 AM   #495
Master Collector
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: essex, england
Age: 61
Posts: 610
Default Re: Ideas for Hobby Master releases

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladia View Post
What is your understanding, guys:

- has William only mentioned that lot of people are demanding SU-35/ 27 from HM, or that HM is actually already working on Flanker?

Have you any information about possible Flanker from HM? And if - should it be one seater? SU-35 or SU-27? Or will it possibly be any two seater version? Or even maybe SU-30SM two seater with canards?
I doubt William would have mentioned the SU-35/27 in particular unless he had them in mind to make them- he would have just said Russian jets.
wilkinss77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 05:07 AM   #496
Insane Collector
 
tker76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Perth
Posts: 1,820
Default Re: Ideas for Hobby Master releases

I think the Flanker is a no brainer - we still haven't had the definitive diecast Flanker, but it is a mould that has an almost bewildering range of great schemes available for it!

More 72 props would be nice too, and I would also like to see the Skynight
tker76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 05:30 AM   #497
Complete Wacko!
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: timbuktu
Posts: 5,672
Default Re: Ideas for Hobby Master releases

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feynman View Post
I'm surprised how few British models HM has done in 72 - if the visit figures on the Hobby Master Collector site (attached below) are anything to go by, HM might want to address that. I suspect they're avoiding clashes with Corgi's offerings, but on the whole I would say HM models are better and if they do it right they could make a decent amount of cash by targetting Corgi's market.
yeah, they're pretty much under-represented but i think you're right about avoiding clashes with corgi's efforts. even their 72 warhawk offering is of a different variant altogether. then again, if hm started making typhoons and tornados, that'll take things to a whole new level altogether!
tomcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 05:53 AM   #498
Senior Collector
 
Feynman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Norwich, England, UK
Age: 46
Posts: 387
Default Re: Ideas for Hobby Master releases

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcatter View Post
...if hm started making typhoons and tornados, that'll take things to a whole new level altogether!
Yes please! And Lightnings, Hunters, Buccaneers, Lightnings, Sea Vixens, Jaguars, Hawks, Canberras, Vampires, Venoms, Meteors, FRS1s, Harrier GR3s...

/dream

Some of those no doubt have too few possible schemes to tempt a company like HM into investing in a tooling, but most of them have a lot of potential.
__________________
- Rob.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Feynman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 06:07 AM   #499
Insane Collector
 
tker76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Perth
Posts: 1,820
Default Re: Ideas for Hobby Master releases

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feynman View Post
Yes please! And Lightnings, Hunters, Buccaneers, Lightnings, Sea Vixens, Jaguars, Hawks, Canberras, Vampires, Venoms, Meteors, FRS1s, Harrier GR3s...

/dream

Some of those no doubt have too few possible schemes to tempt a company like HM into investing in a tooling, but most of them have a lot of potential.
Some had a wide variety of operators, and saw a great deal of operational use.

Others are just lovely jets - the Hunter and Canberra in particular have such lovely, elegant lines.

I would go for a top-notch Tiffy and Tonka brace in a heartbeat too.
tker76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 06:11 AM   #500
Complete Wacko!
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: timbuktu
Posts: 5,672
Default Re: Ideas for Hobby Master releases

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feynman View Post
Yes please! And Lightnings, Hunters, Buccaneers, Lightnings, Sea Vixens, Jaguars, Hawks, Canberras, Vampires, Venoms, Meteors, FRS1s, Harrier GR3s...

/dream

Some of those no doubt have too few possible schemes to tempt a company like HM into investing in a tooling, but most of them have a lot of potential.
now now... let's not get greedy
tomcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:26 PM.

Latest Threads
- by BA2936
 

Models of the Week
 



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.