2 Imams forced off plane - DA.C
 

Go Back   DA.C > Clearance Delivery > General Squawk Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-08-2011, 09:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
Mr. Saab
 
SaabsOverSAW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 817
Default 2 Imams forced off plane

IMHO, this is OUTRAGEOUS!

2 imams heading to Islamaphobia conference in N.C. ordered off plane - CNN.com
__________________
My entire 1:400 and 1:200 collection is for sale! Email
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or PM me for details!
SaabsOverSAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-08-2011, 09:56 AM   #2 (permalink)
Bite Me
 
gospodin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: SHV
Posts: 8,777
Default Re: 2 Imams forced off plane

Yup, this is going to happen now and then. There are a lot of people who hate and fear Muslims in this country. Not an excuse, though. The pilot showed a serious lack of judgement, and will probably answer for this.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Steve







Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or imbeciles who really mean it. Mark Twain
gospodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 11:04 AM   #3 (permalink)
Insane Collector
 
Eagle Driver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: London
Posts: 1,246
Default Re: 2 Imams forced off plane

I see it as another consequence of Al Qaeda terrorist activity. Some people automatically equate muslim with terrorism. It is wrong of them to make this kind of assumption, however you can see how this would happen.

No good ever comes out of terrorist activities.
__________________
|
|
Eagle Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 05-08-2011, 11:21 AM   #4 (permalink)
Right seat baby sitter.
 
j.patroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: don't know but were making damn good time .
Posts: 813
Default Re: 2 Imams forced off plane

Quote:
Originally Posted by gospodin View Post
Yup, this is going to happen now and then. There are a lot of people who hate and fear Muslims in this country. Not an excuse, though. The pilot showed a serious lack of judgement, and will probably answer for this.
Maybe and maybe not as the Cpt. still has final say on who flies on board .
And mistakes do and will happen regardless .
__________________
I don't shoot innocent animals ,only the ones that look guilty.
j.patroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 01:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
The "Battleship" Maniac
 
Delta747's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: U.S.
Posts: 1,107
Default Re: 2 Imams forced off plane

Honestly what did they think was going to happen? Dressed in full Islamic Prayer attire. It was bound to happen especially right after the death of OBL.
__________________
Willie
Delta747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 01:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
Complete Wacko!
 
mjabbasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pakistan
Posts: 11,461
Default Re: 2 Imams forced off plane

The TSA should voice their objections here as well because its obviously doubting their competence as well if the passengers and pilot wanted them to be checked again.



__________________
Moin Abbasi
mjabbasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 03:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
Frogger
 
arctic9048's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: ATL
Age: 37
Posts: 2,511
Default Re: 2 Imams forced off plane

There is more to this story than is being reported. We'll probably never know the other side. This can't be just some captain jumping the gun and kicking them off because he was afraid of them. They gate returned...there is always a reason for gate returning and it obviously isn't the pilot getting out of the flight deck to go meet the passengers after they have already blocked out.

Last edited by arctic9048; 05-08-2011 at 08:59 PM.
arctic9048 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 03:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
Mr. Saab
 
SaabsOverSAW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 817
Default Re: 2 Imams forced off plane

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic9048 View Post
There is more to this story then is being reported. We'll probably never know the other side. This can't be just some captain jumping the gun and kicking them off because he was afraid of them. They gate returned...there is always a reason for gate returning and it obviously isn't the pilot getting out of the flight deck to go meet the passengers after they have already blocked out.
One thing might be that a few of the passengers were getting nervous? Maybe?
__________________
My entire 1:400 and 1:200 collection is for sale! Email
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or PM me for details!
SaabsOverSAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 10:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
Right seat baby sitter.
 
j.patroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: don't know but were making damn good time .
Posts: 813
Default Re: 2 Imams forced off plane

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjabbasi View Post
The TSA should voice their objections here as well because its obviously doubting their competence as well if the passengers and pilot wanted them to be checked again.
TSA schould clean up its own act first unless people have gotten used to being treated less than human .
I,ll say it again for those of you who did'nt get it the first time -CPT .has final AUTHORITY .on anything pertaining to the a/c and that goes for the pax as well since he signed for it .Don't start second guessing the crews.
__________________
I don't shoot innocent animals ,only the ones that look guilty.
j.patroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 11:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
Bite Me
 
gospodin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: SHV
Posts: 8,777
Default Re: 2 Imams forced off plane

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.patroni View Post
TSA schould clean up its own act first unless people have gotten used to being treated less than human .
I,ll say it again for those of you who did'nt get it the first time -CPT .has final AUTHORITY .on anything pertaining to the a/c and that goes for the pax as well since he signed for it .Don't start second guessing the crews.
Problem is, that argument only goes so far. What if the captain starts removing passengers because of the way they dress? Or he just doesn't like the look of someone? Eventually, the airline is going to do something about the captain, because he represents the airline. And if enough trouble is kicked up about this incident, the airline will be forced to deal with the captain now, even if it's PR bull-oney. But it was said earlier...there is probably more to the story that the press either isn't reporting or doesn't know.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Steve







Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or imbeciles who really mean it. Mark Twain
gospodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 11:15 PM   #11 (permalink)
Setting The Pace
 
fazeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Virginia Beach, Va.
Age: 61
Posts: 4,673
Default Re: 2 Imams forced off plane

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaabsOverSAW View Post
IMHO, this is OUTRAGEOUS!
Outrageous you say. Hmmm...Outrageous is when I walked into a Great Clips to get my haircut and was told by the manager to leave. She said that the Arab husband wouldn't allow any man to see his wife's hair while she was having it made up. I left realizing that the manager at Great Clips was probably pressured to make a decision because the ignorant husband didn't know any better to have a hairdresser come to their house to beautify his wife's hair.

When someone moves to this country, they had better learn the customs and practices that prevail on a national and local basis. It's called assimilation; the process whereby a minority group gradually adopts the customs and attitudes of the prevailing culture. Even if I move to Colorado, I need to learn and adjust to the customs and practices that prevail.

So please, tame your outrageous feelings when it comes to the good, bad and ugly of any country you address.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Steve
fazeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 11:30 PM   #12 (permalink)
Setting The Pace
 
fazeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Virginia Beach, Va.
Age: 61
Posts: 4,673
Default Re: 2 Imams forced off plane

Quote:
Originally Posted by gospodin View Post
Problem is, that argument only goes so far. What if the captain starts removing passengers because of the way they dress? Or he just doesn't like the look of someone? Eventually, the airline is going to do something about the captain, because he represents the airline. And if enough trouble is kicked up about this incident, the airline will be forced to deal with the captain now, even if it's PR bull-oney. But it was said earlier...there is probably more to the story that the press either isn't reporting or doesn't know.
Steve,

The people from the Middle East definitely carry a hard core stigma that easily shows up on a democratic litmus test. As far as something more to the story, if there were words of exchange between the captain and passengers, nine times out of ten, the passengers had an attitude problem; it's so easy to have one in this country.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Steve
fazeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:07 AM   #13 (permalink)
Setting The Pace
 
fazeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Virginia Beach, Va.
Age: 61
Posts: 4,673
Default Re: 2 Imams forced off plane

The heck with this stupid argument. I'm gonna shake a little tail feather with Ray Charles and some rolling base.

__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Steve
fazeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:26 AM   #14 (permalink)
Right seat baby sitter.
 
j.patroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: don't know but were making damn good time .
Posts: 813
Default Re: 2 Imams forced off plane

Quote:
Originally Posted by gospodin View Post
Problem is, that argument only goes so far. What if the captain starts removing passengers because of the way they dress? Or he just doesn't like the look of someone? Eventually, the airline is going to do something about the captain, because he represents the airline. And if enough trouble is kicked up about this incident, the airline will be forced to deal with the captain now, even if it's PR bull-oney. But it was said earlier...there is probably more to the story that the press either isn't reporting or doesn't know.
The courts have already sided with Cpt.authority from a case brought about by the ACLU a few years back.
This half ___ reporting by our national media is getting old very old.
How about waiting till all the facts come in before reporting on things like this ?Oh that's right I almost forgot sensation sells.
__________________
I don't shoot innocent animals ,only the ones that look guilty.
j.patroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 01:42 PM   #15 (permalink)
Dr. Diecast I presume?
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 6,686
Default Re: 2 Imams forced off plane

Some good points made here. Quite often, the part of the story that the media does NOT report is closer to the truth and actual events than what they do report. Unfortunately there are plenty of people who embrace all that the media report as the gospel truth, and trust that they are not leaving out important facts.

There are good muslims of course, but the fact is that no other worldly religion has declared war on our culture anywhere near as much as the radical leaders of Islam have, and no amount of white-washing by the liberal media can change that.

Last edited by N. Eberhard; 05-09-2011 at 01:45 PM.
N. Eberhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:15 PM.

Latest Threads
- by MSR777
- by KLM4me
 

Models of the Week
 



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.