Time given for shipping - DA.C
 

Go Back   DA.C > Clearance Delivery > General Squawk Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-21-2020, 07:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Collector
 
MAVERICK008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Southern California
Age: 36
Posts: 37
Question Time given for shipping

Hey crazy model people like me,

These are weird times, so I understand that completely. I'm just wondering at what point, should I raise awareness to a package that has not yet arrived?
Over the last few months, I have ordered around a dozen separate shipments of models. They have been from everywhere. Domestic USA (I live in California), Canada, UK, Hong Kong, Australia, and Malaysia. Some were from retailers, others from individuals on eBay and on here.
I have a lot of patience, but I'm curious as to what you all consider the time length that is too long. I have gotten shipments from Canada in less than 7 days. I have gotten a package of one model from Hong Kong 12 weeks after shipment. The most surprising; I received a package from Malaysia less than 7 days from shipment! Impressive to say the least.
My concern is a shipment of 3 models that I ordered on eBay from a retailer from the UK. We're going on 10 weeks for this one. Forgive me for the long post, just felt like you should know all the details beforehand. I appreciate any input you all may have.
__________________
'Climb and maintain, is NOT the same as CLIMB VIA THE SID'
MAVERICK008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-22-2020, 03:05 AM   #2 (permalink)
Master Collector
 
modelmanGB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 983
Default Re: Time given for shipping

I posted 4 models(1st class USPS tracked) from the UK on the 11th August and they arrived in Colorado Springs on the 21st August. I thinK that’s pretty good going in these Covid 19 times.
On the other hand I had to wait just over 4 weeks for a model to arrive from New York.
From China I usually expect a 10-14 day transit period.
__________________
MLC
modelmanGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 06:05 AM   #3 (permalink)
Complete Wacko!
 
robertjon5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: united kingdom
Posts: 11,650
Default Re: Time given for shipping

well all worldwide shipping is up schit creek. some models arrive fairly quick. others take weeks and weeks sitting in customs because of huge backlog. its pot luck. is there a tracking number from that seller????
__________________
I BUY WHAT I LIKE. AND LIKE WHAT I BUY!!!
robertjon5 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 08-22-2020, 10:15 AM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Collector
 
MAVERICK008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Southern California
Age: 36
Posts: 37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjon5 View Post
well all worldwide shipping is up schit creek. some models arrive fairly quick. others take weeks and weeks sitting in customs because of huge backlog. its pot luck. is there a tracking number from that seller????
It was on eBay, so yes. But I've come to find the tracking feature on eBay isn't 100%. I wouldn't even say 85% accurate. I have parcels that arrived weeks ago, that eBay says is stillI in transit. lol
I don't think that's because of eBay though. I'd imagine it's because of scanning the parcel along the way.
__________________
'Climb and maintain, is NOT the same as CLIMB VIA THE SID'
MAVERICK008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 10:37 AM   #5 (permalink)
Frogger
 
arctic9048's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: ATL
Age: 37
Posts: 2,522
Default Re: Time given for shipping

So over the last two weeks or so, I've had 3 UPS Ground packages take an extra day. The rest have been on time. I've had 2 FedEx Ground packages both late (& my local FedEx Ground guys have always sucked here so that's nothing new -- it always gets to Atlanta and then they screw it up. Even prior to COVID they, on multiple occasions, would say they delivered it and then magically show up the next day but this was also when all of the service guarantees were still applicable so now they just flat out don't even try to hide it). I sent a FedEx Express package last week that arrived a day late and that one surprised me because it was only 2Day to begin.

Now the USPS...I always try to avoid them when I'm the shipper. I've had one eBay purchase that is probably completely lost. He says he sent it but it never got an initial scan anyway and that was over 2 weeks ago. I have one pending international inbound package from Europe. It took about 3-4 days to get to the US. It cleared customs in Miami over a week ago and still nowhere to be seen.

Last edited by arctic9048; 08-22-2020 at 10:40 AM.
arctic9048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 12:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
Junior Collector
 
MAVERICK008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Southern California
Age: 36
Posts: 37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic9048 View Post
So over the last two weeks or so, I've had 3 UPS Ground packages take an extra day. The rest have been on time. I've had 2 FedEx Ground packages both late (& my local FedEx Ground guys have always sucked here so that's nothing new -- it always gets to Atlanta and then they screw it up. Even prior to COVID they, on multiple occasions, would say they delivered it and then magically show up the next day but this was also when all of the service guarantees were still applicable so now they just flat out don't even try to hide it). I sent a FedEx Express package last week that arrived a day late and that one surprised me because it was only 2Day to begin.

Now the USPS...I always try to avoid them when I'm the shipper. I've had one eBay purchase that is probably completely lost. He says he sent it but it never got an initial scan anyway and that was over 2 weeks ago. I have one pending international inbound package from Europe. It took about 3-4 days to get to the US. It cleared customs in Miami over a week ago and still nowhere to be seen.
So you're saying my 11 weeks was extremely generous?? lmao I mean, I am typically more patient than the average person. Like I mentioned before, I received a model last week from a retailer in Hong Kong 12 weeks after shipment.
Regarding this item I began this topic with, the 3 models, I decided to file an 'item missing' report with eBay.
__________________
'Climb and maintain, is NOT the same as CLIMB VIA THE SID'
MAVERICK008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 09:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
Frogger
 
arctic9048's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: ATL
Age: 37
Posts: 2,522
Default Re: Time given for shipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAVERICK008 View Post
So you're saying my 11 weeks was extremely generous?? lmao I mean, I am typically more patient than the average person. Like I mentioned before, I received a model last week from a retailer in Hong Kong 12 weeks after shipment.
Regarding this item I began this topic with, the 3 models, I decided to file an 'item missing' report with eBay.
The USPS updated my package. They went from Miami to Opa Locka in 9 days. I guess I should look at the 12 week plan as well. Wait, 12 weeks won’t be enough.
arctic9048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 03:59 AM   #8 (permalink)
B747 Junky
 
StarAllianceFlyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,205
Default Re: Time given for shipping

Did they use Royal Post? If so, its a hit or miss. Get the tracking number and go to their website to check on its status, and even so that is a hit or miss.


I had a package sent from the UK via Royal Post and arrived several months later. For some reason it went through Moscow, Eastern Russia, Beijing before arriving here in Shanghai.
__________________

StarAllianceFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 09:20 AM   #9 (permalink)
Junior Collector
 
MAVERICK008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Southern California
Age: 36
Posts: 37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarAllianceFlyer View Post
Did they use Royal Post? If so, its a hit or miss. Get the tracking number and go to their website to check on its status, and even so that is a hit or miss.


I had a package sent from the UK via Royal Post and arrived several months later. For some reason it went through Moscow, Eastern Russia, Beijing before arriving here in Shanghai.
They shipped using DPD.
__________________
'Climb and maintain, is NOT the same as CLIMB VIA THE SID'
MAVERICK008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 02:16 PM   #10 (permalink)
Junior Collector
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Raa'nana, Israel
Posts: 8
Default Re: Time given for shipping

I face this issue these days. from Europe ebay seller it takes 2-4 weeks to Israel. worse case was when a seller refund me after 45 days after the post office told him that due to tracking # the parcel was lost. 2 days latter it suddenly appeared w post service at my door (...and i paid him back :-).

From u.s.a it takes not more then a week.


Stay safe
Maccabist is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:46 PM.

Latest Threads
- by KLM4me
- by BA2936
 

Models of the Week
 



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.