DA.C

DA.C (https://www.diecastaircraftforum.com/index.php)
-   General Squawk Talk (https://www.diecastaircraftforum.com/general-squawk-talk/)
-   -   Brexit (https://www.diecastaircraftforum.com/general-squawk-talk/190730-brexit.html)

willigenburg 02-16-2016 04:18 AM

Brexit
 
Dear Brittons,

Please vote for a brexit save yourselfs.
Don't be afraid you end up isolated in this part of the world you have never been and you never will be.

Your vote against the New World order member named EU could be the end of this non elected soft facist system.

Vote for a BREXIT And ones more Britain will lead the way in the Victory and liberation of Europe. And ones more the defeat of Facism.

Your country has bled hard to fight for freedom of European nations.
In two world wars you have given up almost everything to fight for freedom.
A freedom that the EU wants to take from you.

Dont become the slave of this evil system, choose freedom!!

The EU is part of the New World Order

It is no coincidence that all the banks "jumped ship" at once.... nor that the peoples are being starved into the ground as borders are opened for all.

It is no coincidence that hundreds of concentration camps are being built in American Desert areas.

It is no coincidence that Mexico, USA and Canada are trying to for the Americo union with an "Americo" coin.

It is no coincidence either that the EU is trying to remove Each countries rights underits own constitution.

IT IS NO COINCIDENCE THAT NONE OF THESE PEOPLE IN THE EU WERE ELECTED TO DO ANY OF THE THINGS THEY DO!
OUR FATHER SIGNED UP TO "A COMMON MARKET FOR TRADE"...TRADE !!!! THESE EVIL PEOPLE HAVE TAKEN MANY YEARS TO DO IT, BUT THEY HAVE SLOWLY TAKEN OUR COUNTRIES OFF US!
They have done this in preparation fro the NWO................... Google the New World Order" and learn.
The one point that matters above all is not spoken of at all!

You stand not alone Brittain always know this.
The freedom loving people of the souvreign european nations stand behind you.

Aardvark 02-16-2016 05:09 AM

re: Brexit
 
https://memecrunch.com/meme/9GWIZ/ok....png?w=458&c=1

r3500vdp 02-16-2016 06:13 AM

re: Brexit
 
Quote:

Dear Brittons,

lease vote for a brexit save yourselfs.
Don't be afraid you end up isolated in this part of the world you have never been and you never will be.
.....

It's good that all of the UK is reading this model airplane forum, I'd hate to see you waste time typing up that long party manifesto....

Mr Angry 02-16-2016 06:23 AM

re: Brexit
 
https://southerngospelyankee.files.w...ghing-seal.jpg

Mr Angry 02-16-2016 09:49 AM

re: Brexit
 
http://cdn.meme.am/instances/37119694.jpg

willigenburg 02-16-2016 09:50 AM

re: Brexit
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by r3500vdp (Post 1753106)
It's good that all of the UK is reading this model airplane forum, I'd hate to see you waste time typing up that long party manifesto....

Luckely it was not a waist since you actually took the time to read it and respond.

Mr Angry 02-16-2016 10:00 AM

re: Brexit
 
All jokes aside....yes the UK is in a bit of a serious way at the moment. The only thing saving it is the English channel.

Aardvark 02-16-2016 10:51 AM

re: Brexit
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by willigenburg (Post 1753410)
Luckely it was not a waist since you actually took the time to read it and respond.

by respond, you mean mock

willigenburg 02-16-2016 10:59 AM

re: Brexit
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aardvark (Post 1753498)
by respond, you mean mock

A response nevertheless ;).

Aardvark 02-16-2016 11:02 AM

re: Brexit
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by willigenburg (Post 1753530)
A response nevertheless ;)

haha, I'll give you that one ;)

MSR777 02-16-2016 01:45 PM

re: Brexit
 
I'm certainly hoping for a 'Brexit' I have been a 'Europhile' for most of my adult life, but following recent events, I really think it's time to call it a day. I'm confident that we can hold our own outside 'the club' I really hope that other EU member governments, will have the courage to give their citizens a chance to have their referendum, should their people demand it.

SgtMoody 02-16-2016 06:26 PM

re: Brexit
 
hahahahahaha

25390 02-17-2016 12:02 AM

re: Brexit
 
Europe is beyond hope now and has been for over twenty years. Don't worry about who the British elect - it doesn't matter anyway!

Socialism is to Communism what HIV is to AIDS. Once you're infected with HIV, sooner or later you get AIDS. The Europeans have been voting in Socialist "Big Government" leadership with all the costly "entitlements" since the end of World War II. When people give up their ability to realize the rewards of personal achievement and their self determination to a "Greater Good" (the government), the results are ALWAYS the same.

Massive numbers of government employees and regulations, with unsustainable hand-outs to the "needy" and "deserving", resulting in overarching debt, loss of individuality and ultimately a police state. Europe has about twenty years remaining before it reaches the "tipping point" and according to the GAO, the Americans have maybe until 2060. Canada, in spite of its stupid socialism has a bit longer until the natural resources that prop it up are expended. In all probability the international banking system will fail first.

Personally I could care less because I'll be dead. It is the believers in the "Utopian Ideal" and the "Government should be responsible for society - not citizens, so it's fair" stupidity who brought this about that will be left with the mess. That's the great thing about life - there are consequences for stupidity and it's nice to know that the stupid will get to pay a very high price soon enough!

Europe will get what it deserves. Don't worry about the Brits.

N. Eberhard 02-17-2016 01:03 AM

re: Brexit
 
Nice cut and paste post there.

Perhaps you would like to borrow a few of our couple hundred million guns to defend yourselves? It may come down to that.

HTF200 02-17-2016 02:21 AM

re: Brexit
 
Don't be so harsh.
If it was not for Europe we would not have the famous euro-white livery.

HTF200 02-17-2016 03:23 AM

re: Brexit
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by N. Eberhard (Post 1754626)
Nice cut and paste post there.

Perhaps you would like to borrow a few of our couple hundred million guns to defend yourselves? It may come down to that.

I fail to see how borrowing your guns will solve Europe issues.
Besides you are doing just fine with them, right ?

But i could borrow a few of your diecast models, want my adress ?

25390 02-17-2016 02:31 PM

re: Brexit
 
This is a cut and paste:

"British workers’ rights to paid holiday, maternity leave and fair treatment at work would be at risk if the UK voted to leave the European Union, the head of the Trades Union Congress has warned.

Frances O’Grady, general secretary of the body representing British trade unions, said the EU debate had been too dominated by business interests, with not enough focus on the potential costs for ordinary workers. “Most of the rights that we depend on derive from Europe,” she said.

“If you are going to have a baby, knowing whether or not, or how much paid maternity leave you are going to get might make you think quite hard about how you are going to vote. If you are one of those 6 million workers whose holidays were improved by the working time directive you might not want to put your cross in the wrong box.”

The EU’s working time directive enshrines the right to 20 days’ paid holiday and made millions of British people better off when it was introduced in 1993.

O’Grady also cited the transfer of undertakings (TUPE) rules that protect staff terms and conditions when jobs are transferred or outsourced, as well as EU laws that oblige firms to inform and consult workers when they plan redundancies."

Unlike those who spent most of their career as a government employee, some people can actually write down their own thoughts. Not that a government pension retiree waste of taxpayer dollars would actually know the difference.

willigenburg 02-18-2016 08:30 AM

re: Brexit
 
We are beeing bombarded with Pro EU politicians and unionists warning us all with the biggest dangers if leaving EU. Just dont believe them. It is all to make you afraid.

The Open borders in the EU is what will be the biggest threat , you need to fear that.
The influx of un employable people that will strain all the social system in your country is what will be your biggest problem.

You may have gotten yourselfs some good things out of this european union.
But it is about to be all taken away by a tsunami of knuckle walking ........ that want your house , your daughters , and your heads.

We are at War people ... A cultural mass suicide is beeing initiated by the EU sun kings.

Wake Up!!!! Wake Up!!! Wake Up!!!

I dont care anymore about human rights of these so called refugees from Syria that are not from Syria at all. . What ever the solutions is to this problem we need to find it and act.

The other option is to bow down and let this mess to your grand grand children.
But than you are part of the problem.

willigenburg 02-21-2016 05:21 PM

re: Brexit
 
Please take the time to read this , it is much better explained why the UK should vote for Exiting the EU.


by Michael Gove MP, UK Justice Secretary.

For weeks now I have been wrestling with the most difficult decision of my political life. But taking difficult decisions is what politicians are paid to do. No-one is forced to stand for Parliament, no-one is compelled to become a minister. If you take on those roles, which are great privileges, you also take on big responsibilities.

I was encouraged to stand for Parliament by David Cameron and he has given me the opportunity to serve in what I believe is a great, reforming Government. I think he is an outstanding Prime Minister. There is, as far as I can see, only one significant issue on which we have differed.

And that is the future of the UK in the European Union.

It pains me to have to disagree with the Prime Minister on any issue. My instinct is to support him through good times and bad.

But I cannot duck the choice which the Prime Minister has given every one of us. In a few months time we will all have the opportunity to decide whether Britain should stay in the European Union or leave. I believe our country would be freer, fairer and better off outside the EU. And if, at this moment of decision, I didn’t say what I believe I would not be true to my convictions or my country.

I don’t want to take anything away from the Prime Minister’s dedicated efforts to get a better deal for Britain. He has negotiated with courage and tenacity. But I think Britain would be stronger outside the EU.

My starting point is simple. I believe that the decisions which govern all our lives, the laws we must all obey and the taxes we must all pay should be decided by people we choose and who we can throw out if we want change. If power is to be used wisely, if we are to avoid corruption and complacency in high office, then the public must have the right to change laws and Governments at election time.

But our membership of the European Union prevents us being able to change huge swathes of law and stops us being able to choose who makes critical decisions which affect all our lives. Laws which govern citizens in this country are decided by politicians from other nations who we never elected and can’t throw out. We can take out our anger on elected representatives in Westminster but whoever is in Government in London cannot remove or reduce VAT, cannot support a steel plant through troubled times, cannot build the houses we need where they’re needed and cannot deport all the individuals who shouldn’t be in this country. I believe that needs to change. And I believe that both the lessons of our past and the shape of the future make the case for change compelling.

The ability to choose who governs us, and the freedom to change laws we do not like, were secured for us in the past by radicals and liberals who took power from unaccountable elites and placed it in the hands of the people. As a result of their efforts we developed, and exported to nations like the US, India, Canada and Australia a system of democratic self-government which has brought prosperity and peace to millions.

Our democracy stood the test of time. We showed the world what a free people could achieve if they were allowed to govern themselves.

In Britain we established trial by jury in the modern world, we set up the first free parliament, we ensured no-one could be arbitrarily detained at the behest of the Government, we forced our rulers to recognise they ruled by consent not by right, we led the world in abolishing slavery, we established free education for all, national insurance, the National Health Service and a national broadcaster respected across the world.

By way of contrast, the European Union, despite the undoubted idealism of its founders and the good intentions of so many leaders, has proved a failure on so many fronts. The euro has created economic misery for Europe’s poorest people. European Union regulation has entrenched mass unemployment. EU immigration policies have encouraged people traffickers and brought desperate refugee camps to our borders.

Far from providing security in an uncertain world, the EU’s policies have become a source of instability and insecurity. Razor wire once more criss-crosses the continent, historic tensions between nations such as Greece and Germany have resurfaced in ugly ways and the EU is proving incapable of dealing with the current crises in Libya and Syria. The former head of Interpol says the EU’s internal borders policy is “like hanging a sign welcoming terrorists to Europe” and Scandinavian nations which once prided themselves on their openness are now turning in on themselves. All of these factors, combined with popular anger at the lack of political accountability, has encouraged extremism, to the extent that far-right parties are stronger across the continent than at any time since the 1930s.

The EU is an institution rooted in the past and is proving incapable of reforming to meet the big technological, demographic and economic challenges of our time. It was developed in the 1950s and 1960s and like other institutions which seemed modern then, from tower blocks to telexes, it is now hopelessly out of date. The EU tries to standardise and regulate rather than encourage diversity and innovation. It is an analogue union in a digital age.

The EU is built to keep power and control with the elites rather than the people. Even though we are outside the euro we are still subject to an unelected EU commission which is generating new laws every day and an unaccountable European Court in Luxembourg which is extending its reach every week, increasingly using the Charter of Fundamental Rights which in many ways gives the EU more power and reach than ever before. This growing EU bureaucracy holds us back in every area. EU rules dictate everything from the maximum size of containers in which olive oil may be sold (five litres) to the distance houses have to be from heathland to prevent cats chasing birds (five kilometres).

Individually these rules may be comical. Collectively, and there are tens of thousands of them, they are inimical to creativity, growth and progress. Rules like the EU clinical trials directive have slowed down the creation of new drugs to cure terrible diseases and ECJ judgements on data protection issues hobble the growth of internet companies. As a minister I’ve seen hundreds of new EU rules cross my desk, none of which were requested by the UK Parliament, none of which I or any other British politician could alter in any way and none of which made us freer, richer or fairer.

It is hard to overstate the degree to which the EU is a constraint on ministers’ ability to do the things they were elected to do, or to use their judgment about the right course of action for the people of this country. I have long had concerns about our membership of the EU but the experience of Government has only deepened my conviction that we need change. Every single day, every single minister is told: ‘Yes Minister, I understand, but I’m afraid that’s against EU rules’. I know it. My colleagues in government know it. And the British people ought to know it too: your government is not, ultimately, in control in hundreds of areas that matter.

But by leaving the EU we can take control. Indeed we can show the rest of Europe the way to flourish. Instead of grumbling and complaining about the things we can’t change and growing resentful and bitter, we can shape an optimistic, forward-looking and genuinely internationalist alternative to the path the EU is going down. We can show leadership. Like the Americans who declared their independence and never looked back, we can become an exemplar of what an inclusive, open and innovative democracy can achieve.

We can take back the billions we give to the EU, the money which is squandered on grand parliamentary buildings and bureaucratic follies, and invest it in science and technology, schools and apprenticeships. We can get rid of the regulations which big business uses to crush competition and instead support new start-up businesses and creative talent. We can forge trade deals and partnerships with nations across the globe, helping developing countries to grow and benefiting from faster and better access to new markets.

We are the world’s fifth largest economy, with the best armed forces of any nation, more Nobel Prizes than any European country and more world-leading universities than any European country. Our economy is more dynamic than the Eurozone, we have the most attractive capital city on the globe, the greatest “soft power” and global influence of any state and a leadership role in NATO and the UN. Are we really too small, too weak and too powerless to make a success of self-rule? On the contrary, the reason the EU’s bureaucrats oppose us leaving is they fear that our success outside will only underline the scale of their failure.

This chance may never come again in our lifetimes, which is why I will be true to my principles and take the opportunity this referendum provides to leave an EU mired in the past and embrace a better future.

This is the full text of the statement issued by Michael Gove MP, UK Justice Secretary.

Grizz 02-22-2016 04:08 AM

re: Brexit
 
As soon as I saw that he article was penned by Michael Gove I lost interest. I'd rather read something written by the buffon Boris Johnson than take stock in anything Gove has to say.

willigenburg 02-22-2016 07:42 AM

re: Brexit
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizz (Post 1763537)
As soon as I saw that he article was penned by Michael Gove I lost interest. I'd rather read something written by the buffon Boris Johnson than take stock in anything Gove has to say.

If i might ask ? What is your opinin in this matter?

Grizz 02-22-2016 01:41 PM

re: Brexit
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by willigenburg (Post 1763705)
If i might ask ? What is your opinin in this matter?

You may, buy after reading some of your bizarre rantings on the subject I'll keep my thoughts on the topic for me mates down the pub.

willigenburg 02-22-2016 02:28 PM

re: Brexit
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizz (Post 1764049)
You may, buy after reading some of your bizarre rantings on the subject I'll keep my thoughts on the topic for me mates down the pub.

Well thats the problem with most europeans it never gets further than the pub.
Hope you will vote anyway no matter what your toughts are.

GliderPilot 02-24-2016 03:22 PM

re: Brexit
 
Only one "t" in Britons and Britain.

willigenburg 02-24-2016 04:11 PM

re: Brexit
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GliderPilot (Post 1767826)
Only one "t" in Britons and Britain.

Sorry! My mistake.
But Britons love an extra T:D

Diogenes the Cynic 02-29-2016 04:13 AM

re: Brexit
 
I suppose all those rent seekers who rely on EU subsidies to stay in business want to stay in.

j.patroni 03-04-2016 03:20 PM

re: Brexit
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by willigenburg (Post 1764097)
Well thats the problem with most europeans it never gets further than the pub.
Hope you will vote anyway no matter what your toughts are.

You hit the nail on the head with that first sentence and that is exactly why Europe is in the position it is now. Al

j.patroni 06-12-2016 06:40 PM

re: Brexit
 
Looks like leave has taken the lead,soon very soon.

Big Al 06-12-2016 06:57 PM

re: Brexit
 
I'd rarther not take part in this Conservative party power struggle, played out as some sort of campaign in the public's interest. But as a UK citizen, therefore I must. As a Scot, the last thing on my mind is handing more power over to a bunch of self facilitating Eton old boys who haven't the faintest f*cking idea how society works outwith the stock broker belt, and subscribe to some empirical notion we can go it alone. Also as a Scot I voted 'Yes' in the recent independence referendum, with a view to being an independent country within EU governance, not Westminister. If Brexit succeeds, I can only see the wealth of the nation further concentrating within the M25 and the regions left to wither. Particularly in agricultural areas where EU subsidies will simply not be replaced, despite what the former mayor of London tells us. If anything I suspect a better outcome at the next Scottish Indie refefendum, and as for 'Project UK' well god bless her and all who sail in her... ��

mmarsh 06-13-2016 04:30 AM

re: Brexit
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Al (Post 1958210)
I'd rarther not take part in this Conservative party power struggle, played out as some sort of campaign in the public's interest. But as a UK citizen, therefore I must. As a Scot, the last thing on my mind is handing more power over to a bunch of self facilitating Eton old boys who haven't the faintest f*cking idea how society works outwith the stock broker belt, and subscribe to some empirical notion we can go it alone. Also as a Scot I voted 'Yes' in the recent independence referendum, with a view to being an independent country within EU governance, not Westminister. If Brexit succeeds, I can only see the wealth of the nation further concentrating within the M25 and the regions left to wither. Particularly in agricultural areas where EU subsidies will simply not be replaced, despite what the former mayor of London tells us. If anything I suspect a better outcome at the next Scottish Indie refefendum, and as for 'Project UK' well god bless her and all who sail in her... ��

The Financial services around M25 are going to be hammered if BREXIT passes. I work an affilate financial services division of a large French Group based that's in London (Company is French but my divisions HQ is in the UK).

Quite simply: the financial traders in London are in a panic about it.

For us, BREXIT is a disaster. If BREXIT passes we would lose access to the single European markets (as the German FM confirmed last week) which is the core of our business and would likely mean that my company would be forced to move its operations back to France (something that would make the French Government very happy).

Its so serious, that I have actively started looking for new employment as if my division is folded back into the main group in France I could likely lose my job as I wont be needed anymore. I have job interviews throughout the week.

If BREXIT passes the biggest cheer won't be from the "leave" side, it will be from the French agricultural Unions whom have been fighting the importation of UK Meat into France for decades.

I could go on about how terrible an idea this is, but I'll just work myself up, but I'll leave it with this. If BREXIT passes everyone will suffer...and no-one worse than the UK.

LH B747-430 06-13-2016 06:34 AM

re: Brexit
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mmarsh (Post 1958778)
The Financial services around M25 are going to be hammered if BREXIT passes. I work an affilate financial services division of a large French Group based that's in London (Company is French but my divisions HQ is in the UK).

Quite simply: the financial traders in London are in a panic about it.

For us, BREXIT is a disaster. If BREXIT passes we would lose access to the single European markets (as the German FM confirmed last week) which is the core of our business and would likely mean that my company would be forced to move its operations back to France (something that would make the French Government very happy).

Its so serious, that I have actively started looking for new employment as if my division is folded back into the main group in France I could likely lose my job as I wont be needed anymore. I have job interviews throughout the week.

If BREXIT passes the biggest cheer won't be from the "leave" side, it will be from the French agricultural Unions whom have been fighting the importation of UK Meat into France for decades.

I could go on about how terrible an idea this is, but I'll just work myself up, but I'll leave it with this. If BREXIT passes everyone will suffer...and no-one worse than the UK.

I agree with Big Al and his preference not to join this conversation looking at the thread above and even more the title.. Brittons!? Tons of Brits? Whatever, but after the last two posts, there might be a discussion possible.. I have some friends in the finance industry in Frankfurt and it is remarkable how many from London are looking for new jobs in Frankfurt and how the housing market developed in the past weeks there. The German stock exchange stopped its merger with the London stock exchange. The German FM has also stated that there will be no negitiations for a free trade act as he will set an example to show the disadvantages when you leave EU as Germany is profiting the most from a working EU as it is very focused on exporting goods. Airbus Farbrice Bregier has said that Airbus will stop all investments into UK and will slowly focus on repostitioning, as taxes will hurt the business. Micheal O'Leary was in Berlin last week along with Easyjet's Carolyn McCall as they fear that their business model will end. Easyjet will lose their rights to fly intra-EU at all and Ryanair will lose its intra-UK business. Willie Walsh said that he fears that BA will lose a lot of Transat traffic as business in the UK will slow down and investments will be postponed. So does Virgin's Craig Kreeger. GB as an island is heavily dependent on imports, which will all be added with taxes. How will the currency develop and how will the UK develop when Scotland says bye-bye and re-joins the EU as an independent state? Good luck..

eugenevh 06-13-2016 07:33 AM

re: Brexit
 
@LH_B747-430 and @MMARCH and @Big_Al,

Don't you three come spoil the circle**** going on in this thread about the evil of the EU with your non-isolationist propaganda and fears of impending disaster should Britain leave the EU.

You spoil the general consensus that the EU is lost and Britain will be dragged down with it into the pits of hell should it remain part. :P

On a realistic note however, I am glad that DA.C is not populated just by ignorant, bigoted collectors and that some sanity prevails in world views. There is a small, but very vocal minority on these forums who has some "weird" world-views to say the least.

No country can be isolationist in modern times. I find it odd that such views are even considered by rational minded people. But perhaps therein lies the rub.

People tend to speak out of emotional feelings and not by careful analysis of what the consequences would be of subjects such as "Brexit"and across the pond the "Make 'Murica great again by closing the borders" brigade.

LH B747-430 06-13-2016 09:08 AM

re: Brexit
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by eugenevh (Post 1958938)
@LH_B747-430 and @MMARCH and @Big_Al,

Don't you three come spoil the circle**** going on in this thread about the evil of the EU with your non-isolationist propaganda and fears of impending disaster should Britain leave the EU.

You spoil the general consensus that the EU is lost and Britain will be dragged down with it into the pits of hell should it remain part. :P

On a realistic note however, I am glad that DA.C is not populated just by ignorant, bigoted collectors and that some sanity prevails in world views. There is a small, but very vocal minority on these forums who has some "weird" world-views to say the least.

No country can be isolationist in modern times. I find it odd that such views are even considered by rational minded people. But perhaps therein lies the rub.

People tend to speak out of emotional feelings and not by careful analysis of what the consequences would be of subjects such as "Brexit"and across the pond the "Make 'Murica great again by closing the borders" brigade.

First of all you shouldn't be so intolerant and accept a different opinion, which is called discussion.. I don't spread propaganda, that is my opinion and i wrote statements of airline related people, because this forum might have a small focus on the industry. Britain will lose a lot of advantages when it quits and it will be more isolated - that's what a Brexit is about, isn't it!? Why should a then non-EU Easyjet have the right to fly intra-EU routes? It can't becasue the EU laws will not allow U2 to do so.. Can you explain the advantages of a Brexit for e.g. the aviation industry of UK to me please? I think you overestimate the importance for the EU needing UK after a Brexit. The signal or the commitment to the EU will be way more important to the EU states than including UK with advantages again, which wouldn't make any sense. There will be disadvantages for the EU when UK leaves as well, but they will be significantly smaller. I, as a German would like them to stay as I think the EU was the right answer after WWII and integration of the European nation will make us all better. Setting up new borders to mainland EU is not the right answer to me. There is no doubt that the EU has its faults, but i'd rather see a reformed EU than an irreversible disintegration. That's my 2 cents, not propaganda.. If your pro Brexit, good for you and even more - i couldn't care less..

eugenevh 06-13-2016 09:30 AM

re: Brexit
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by LH B747-430 (Post 1959098)
First of all you shouldn't be so intolerant and accept a different opinion, which is called discussion.. I don't spread propaganda, that is my opinion and i wrote statements of airline related people, because this forum might have a small focus on the industry. Britain will lose a lot of advantages when it quits and it will be more isolated - that's what a Brexit is about, isn't it!? Why should a then non-EU Easyjet have the right to fly intra-EU routes? It can't becasue the EU laws will not allow U2 to do so.. Can you explain the advantages of a Brexit for e.g. the aviation industry of UK to me please? I think you overestimate the importance for the EU needing UK after a Brexit. The signal or the commitment to the EU will be way more important to the EU states than including UK with advantages again, which wouldn't make any sense. There will be disadvantages for the EU when UK leaves as well, but they will be significantly smaller. I, as a German would like them to stay as I think the EU was the right answer after WWII and integration of the European nation will make us all better. Setting up new borders to mainland EU is not the right answer to me. There is no doubt that the EU has its faults, but i'd rather see a reformed EU than an irreversible disintegration. That's my 2 cents, not propaganda.. If your pro Brexit, good for you and even more - i couldn't care less..

Whoah there friend. I didn't disagree with you at all. Read my post again. The first part was sarcastic towards those people who support Brexit. That is why I started the second part of my post with "On a realistic note...."

I agree fully with you, Britain exiting the EU would be a huge mistake. The whole union would suffer, but Britain would suffer the most.

Please read my post again, but this time read the entire post and don't just focus on the first part.:)

r3500vdp 06-13-2016 09:41 AM

re: Brexit
 
The only thing I'd say is that it is time for the UK to be either fully part of the EU or completely not. All this rubbish since joining the EU of wanting to profit from the membership benefits but otherwise negotiating special status and opt out from anything that could go against UK interests should stop, should the UK remain within the EU.

HoRad 06-13-2016 09:48 AM

re: Brexit
 
Hi,

I really can't belive that a single person working in the UK today will vote for Brexit. Put it as you wish, it would be an economical and financial suicide on short, middle and long term. But there is one point which was made here and I totally agree with it: if the people of the UK vote against Brexit they should also begin to see themselves as part of the Eu-System and stop asking for a different treatement every time something bothers them. You're in it or you're out, not half-in.

Later edit: r3500vdp was faster, that's exactly what I meant. ;)

HTF200 06-13-2016 10:26 AM

re: Brexit
 
Well it's about time the British make up their mind.
They've been part of Europe when it suits them and have tailor-made agreements such as keeping their currency and other arrangements.
Still they've been moaning and bitching against EC for so long that now is the time to fully join or opt out.
Besides, what can you do with people who insist on driving on the wrong side of the road...

Bounty Hunters 06-13-2016 10:31 AM

re: Brexit
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by HTF200 (Post 1959218)
Besides, what can you do with people who insist on driving on the wrong side of the road...

you made me laugh! LOL

MSR777 06-13-2016 12:09 PM

re: Brexit
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by HTF200 (Post 1959218)
Well it's about time the British make up their mind.
They've been part of Europe when it suits them and have tailor-made agreements such as keeping their currency and other arrangements.
Still they've been moaning and bitching against EC for so long that now is the time to fully join or opt out.
Besides, what can you do with people who insist on driving on the wrong side of the road...

No moaning or bitching from me, Brexit please, and the sooner the better. As for the driving on the 'wrong side' Well, so far it seems to have worked ok, and after all, we're not alone there. :D

j.patroni 06-13-2016 04:13 PM

re: Brexit
 
Given the current state of European affairs I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Brexit will be the least of anyones problem in the future.

Lufthansaboy 06-13-2016 04:15 PM

re: Brexit
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chilli (Post 1755538)
This is a cut and paste:

"British workers’ rights to paid holiday, maternity leave and fair treatment at work would be at risk if the UK voted to leave the European Union, the head of the Trades Union Congress has warned.


.

More bullsh*t scare mongering.

thamesradar 06-13-2016 06:39 PM

re: Brexit
 
I must agree with the original poster. The sooner GB gets out of the totalitarian dictatorship that is the EU the better.

I just hope enough people have resisted the brainwashing to actually vote 'leave'.

Adrian 06-13-2016 07:37 PM

re: Brexit
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by HoRad (Post 1959138)
Hi,

if the people of the UK vote against Brexit they should also begin to see themselves as part of the Eu-System and stop asking for a different treatement every time something bothers them. You're in it or you're out, not half-in.

...and continue with uncontrolled EU migration - NO WAY! :rolleyes: If this continues, the forecast is that the UK population will be 80 million by 2020.:eek: Some people just don't get it - our hospitals and police can't cope, we are running out of room to build houses and unless we leave the EU, there is no way to stop this! The scaremongering about leaving the EU and loss of jobs is crap! New trade deals can be made in 48 hours, and the EU countries will still want to trade with us. With a control on EU migration, means that more jobs will be available for British workers.

HoRad 06-13-2016 07:48 PM

re: Brexit
 
Hi,

Quote:

New trade deals can be made in 48 hours, and the EU countries will still want to trade with us.
LOL. That's exactly what the Swiss people thought as they voted "no" for a free trade zone with the EU back in 1992 and they are still crying today about it.

Europe can live without the UK much better then the UK without Europe. And if you think than getting out of the EU will stop immigration, you're definitly wrong. Your borders are like sponge - everybody can pass them without being inquired, and this won't change in a day.

Adrian 06-13-2016 08:01 PM

re: Brexit
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by HoRad (Post 1960154)
Hi,



LOL. That's exactly what the Swiss people thought as they voted "no" for a free trade zone with the EU back in 1992 and they are still crying today about it.

Europe can live without the UK much better then the UK without Europe. And if you think than getting out of the EU will stop immigration, you're definitly wrong. Your borders are like sponge - everybody can pass them without being inquired, and this won't change in a day.

Really, the EU’s record on winning free trade deals is underwhelming but there are solid examples of non-EU states flourishing. Nearby non-EU states such as Norway and Switzerland have more free trade agreements in force. Switzerland in particular has excelled at closing agreements with the world’s largest economies, including Canada, Hong Kong, Japan and China. How does that compare with the EU’s 50 trade agreements? Well, most of those are with minor players. Mexico and South Africa are the highlights, but Andorra, the Faeroe Islands and Lebanon are more typical EU deals.

The pro-EU response to Switzerland is to deny the Swiss deals are balanced. It is claimed that the Swiss are always at a disadvantage, that they fail to win real market access or investment rights. This is a bizarre claim since far more Swiss deals cut barriers to services trade, a UK priority, than do EU agreements.

As for the immigration issue, yes we can't close our borders in a day and no one expects that to happen, but staying in the EU will not solve the issue period, which will only get worse. Once we take back control, we can start to do something about it.

The EU is scared about Britain leaving them as it will make the other countries think about doing it.....and several of the EU countries already wish they could leave!

HoRad 06-13-2016 08:13 PM

re: Brexit
 
We'll talk it over in less then a month. ;)

Lufthansaboy 06-14-2016 12:52 AM

re: Brexit
 
The EU needs the UK more than the UK needs the EU. Vote leave.

Grizz 06-14-2016 03:58 AM

re: Brexit
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrian (Post 1960114)
...and continue with uncontrolled EU migration - NO WAY! :rolleyes: If this continues, the forecast is that the UK population will be 80 million by 2020.:eek: Some people just don't get it - our hospitals and police can't cope, we are running out of room to build houses and unless we leave the EU, there is no way to stop this! The scaremongering about leaving the EU and loss of jobs is crap! New trade deals can be made in 48 hours, and the EU countries will still want to trade with us. With a control on EU migration, means that more jobs will be available for British workers.

Only 7% of the UK is actually built upon. The housing crisis isn't a result of uncontrolled immigration, it's a result of dithering governments for the past 30 odd years that have no coherent housing policy and shackling councils with the whole right to buy scheme which means there's a severe shortage of social housing. No matter how conservative leaning you are, there will always be a need for social housing and selling it off all the time just creates this huge waiting list problem.

The NHS crisis is again not a result of immigration, but mismanagement and the failure of previous governments to actually stick to a plan of modernisation. In fact the NHS is reliant on immigration to help fill vacant positions due to previous governments inability to entice and train new UK born staff due to the poor wages and working conditions/hours. Those EU immigrants that come here to work actually pay tax and national insurance, so contribute to the running of the NHS, so fair play that they get to use it.

New trade deals may be sought, but no one on either side has a clue how it'll come about and what the short or long term prospects are. The whole we can be like Norway and Switzerland argument negates to take into account that they have to abide by certain EU regulations, immigration being one of them.

The whole UK jobs for UK people thing has been disproved so many times. We have neither the skill base nor the required amount of graduates to fill a lot of skilled jobs in this country, mainly again to the barriers put up to those from poorer backgrounds to access higher education. As to unskilled jobs, the amount of times I've heard this, yet it wasn't the case before EU immigration. I didn't see a clamour of people seeking out these poorly paid, anti-social jobs before, so why would it be any different out of the EU?

MSR777 06-14-2016 05:18 AM

re: Brexit
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrian (Post 1960178)
The EU is scared about Britain leaving them as it will make the other countries think about doing it.....and several of the EU countries already wish they could leave!

Adrian has hit the nail right on the head with that comment alone. Recently, some minister in the German government, made a rather pithy public comment, saying that the UK can forget about any kind if Norwegian type agreement with the EU, should we leave. I think that, that's a very good indicator of the great unease other member governments are feeling about the ramifications of a UK decision to leave, especially those such as Germany, who are now having to pick up the pieces and the tab for the 'come one, come all' migrant policy of Mrs Merkel.

She opened the floodgates, and caused a great many other member states a great many problems on their frontiers. As for Shengen? Well, what a mess that's become, just like the grand Euro currency project itself. Should we vote to leave the declining 'empire' otherwise known as the EU, it will be very interesting to see how many other member state's citizens decide they'd like a referendum too.

And THATS what scares the hell out of the 'grey suits' in Brussels the most.

Neil.

Lufthansaboy 06-14-2016 05:37 AM

re: Brexit
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizz (Post 1960642)
Only 7% of the UK is actually built upon. The housing crisis isn't a result of uncontrolled immigration, it's a result of dithering governments for the past 30 odd years that have no coherent housing policy and shackling councils with the whole right to buy scheme which means there's a severe shortage of social housing. No matter how conservative leaning you are, there will always be a need for social housing and selling it off all the time just creates this huge waiting list problem.

The NHS crisis is again not a result of immigration, but mismanagement and the failure of previous governments to actually stick to a plan of modernisation. In fact the NHS is reliant on immigration to help fill vacant positions due to previous governments inability to entice and train new UK born staff due to the poor wages and working conditions/hours. Those EU immigrants that come here to work actually pay tax and national insurance, so contribute to the running of the NHS, so fair play that they get to use it.

New trade deals may be sought, but no one on either side has a clue how it'll come about and what the short or long term prospects are. The whole we can be like Norway and Switzerland argument negates to take into account that they have to abide by certain EU regulations, immigration being one of them.

The whole UK jobs for UK people thing has been disproved so many times. We have neither the skill base nor the required amount of graduates to fill a lot of skilled jobs in this country, mainly again to the barriers put up to those from poorer backgrounds to access higher education. As to unskilled jobs, the amount of times I've heard this, yet it wasn't the case before EU immigration. I didn't see a clamour of people seeking out these poorly paid, anti-social jobs before, so why would it be any different out of the EU?

Another poor deluded soul.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.