Don't criticize Gemini on this forum - DA.C
 

Go Back   DA.C > Clearance Delivery > General Squawk Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-23-2015, 03:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
Insane Collector
 
r3500vdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,290
Default Don't criticize Gemini on this forum

Looks as if what we expected is indeed the case i.e. don't mention that the Gemini releases are boring because your post will be promptly removed by Rod. Funny how he used to complain on SH400 that his posts got deleted.
__________________
Mathieu [More of my diecast photos at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
]
r3500vdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-23-2015, 04:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
Insane Collector
 
KLM B747-400F's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,576
Default Re: Don't criticize Gemini on this forum

Indeed you are right, I said it was a boring month and my post is deleted.. Such a shame they cannot handle some criticism on this website.. What about Facebook and other sites..??
__________________
Modells I collect:

Airbus A380
Etihad (NC)
KLM
KLM B747-400F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 04:35 AM   #3 (permalink)
1/600 & 1/400 Fan
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Auckland
Age: 41
Posts: 3,670
Default Re: Don't criticize Gemini on this forum

I sent a PM to the admin asking what is going on. Since when has Rod been an admin for this site?
__________________
Richard


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RStretton is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 07-23-2015, 10:27 AM   #4 (permalink)
Complete Wacko!
 
robertjon5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: united kingdom
Posts: 10,983
Default Re: Don't criticize Gemini on this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by RStretton View Post
I sent a PM to the admin asking what is going on. Since when has Rod been an admin for this site?
for about the last 2 months Richard!!! a lot of members are NOT happy about that!!!

check out this announcement!!!

http://www.diecastaircraftforum.com/...lectorate.html
__________________
I BUY WHAT I LIKE. AND LIKE WHAT I BUY!!!

Last edited by robertjon5; 07-23-2015 at 10:30 AM.
robertjon5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 02:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
"Don of the Diecast World
 
GARUDAROD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Moved from the FL Sun to the desert Heat
Age: 56
Posts: 1,126
Default Re: Don't criticize Gemini on this forum

If you want to post relevant information on the thread topic, by all means go ahead, but I'm not going to stand here at let everyone take pot shots at me and the company I work for, who is a Major provider to this hobby, whether you like it or not. Enough of the same "Oh All Gemini ever does is boring releases threads"
Believe it or not, we do tolerate criticism. Its the unfounded opinions that get thrown around that make life grand!
The same rules apply to everyone. Funny, I dont hear people complaining when Aeroclassics arbitrarily has comments audited to their benefit.
GARUDAROD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 02:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
Dr. Diecast I presume?
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 6,686
Default Re: Don't criticize Gemini on this forum

There is absolutely zero point in wasting time and bandwidth to post 'this is boring' or 'that is boring'. Not to mention that it wastes a lot of peoples' time having to read or scroll past these absurd posts. Here's an idea, go out and get a life already and let those who LIKE 'boring' releases enjoy the hobby without having to read your trite rantings here because the fact is that NOBODY cares about what you don't like, not even your parents care about what you don't like, so why would anybody here care about it?

Thanks.

Last edited by N. Eberhard; 07-23-2015 at 05:55 PM.
N. Eberhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 03:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
Insane Collector
 
IflyHA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Dallas, TX
Age: 26
Posts: 1,483
Default Re: Don't criticize Gemini on this forum

The "it's a boring month" threads a waste of bandwidth. It is completely subjective... I read a post on facebook of a guy criticizing this month and yet the next post was a guy praising it for the BA releases... The posts are like A**holes: everyone has them and no one else wants to see them.
IflyHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 04:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
Collector
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: In a cave
Posts: 147
Default Re: Don't criticize Gemini on this forum

What's the point of a forum if the good can't be praised along with being able to point out shortcomings with models. It is good for the development if the hobby.
A350FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 05:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
1/600 & 1/400 Fan
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Auckland
Age: 41
Posts: 3,670
Default Re: Don't criticize Gemini on this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by IflyHA View Post
The "it's a boring month" threads a waste of bandwidth. It is completely subjective... I read a post on facebook of a guy criticizing this month and yet the next post was a guy praising it for the BA releases... The posts are like A**holes: everyone has them and no one else wants to see them.
I disagree Corey people should be able to say what they like. Where does it stop? I said that the Gemini/Phoenix 737-300 isn't very good and the post got deleted. Someone else questioned the release of the AN-124 when it has been done on a better mould by Herpa and it was deleted. They are valid and interesting opinions. If we don't want to hear opinions then why are we on a discussion forum??

Rod you do not tolerate dissent and this isn't a Gemini jets forum so you have no right to tell people what to say. Nobody here owes Gemini anything so why should we be giving you unjustified praise all the time. I don't have anything special against Gemini though I'll admit to being disappointed with the direction the company has taken.

People's unhappiness with Gemini (and it seems fairly widespread) is perfectly valid. It has not been angry or abusive and should not be censored. This forum isn't about just saying nice things about Gemini! Other manufacturers get just as much praise and flak.
__________________
Richard


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by RStretton; 07-23-2015 at 07:41 PM.
RStretton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 05:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
Retired the Hobby
 
Surinam Air 747's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 3,543
Default Re: Don't criticize Gemini on this forum

What's going on..??? Did I miss something, who's boring..??
__________________
I WANT TO BELIEVE...

...that one day I will see many more colorful JC Wings MD-11 models and the long-awaited Gemini 200 TWA twin stripes 727-200!

I always fly America's favorite airline: Southwest Airlines and the World's oldest KLM!

Paris was the greatest city on earth! Vive la France! Tokyo 2020!
Surinam Air 747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 05:56 PM   #11 (permalink)
Diecast Quality Inspector
 
Adrian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: England
Posts: 3,507
Default Re: Don't criticize Gemini on this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by RStretton View Post
I disagree Corey people should be able to say what they like. Where does it stop? I said that the Gemini/Phoenix 737-300 isn't very good and the post got deleted. Someone else questioned the release of the AN-124 when it has been done on a better mould by Herpa and it was deleted. They are valid and interesting opinions. If we don't want to hear opinions then why are we on a discussion forum??

Rod you do not tolerate dissent and this isn't a Gemini jets forum so you have no right to tell people what to say. Nobody here owes Gemini anything so why should we be giving you unjustified praise all the time you don't deserve.

People's unhappiness with Gemini (and it seems widespread) is perfectly valid. It has not been angry or abusive and should not be censored. This forum isn't about just saying nice things about Gemini!
Hear, hear! Forums are to express opinions, both right or wrong. Posts should only be deleted if bad language or are personally offensive.
Even on 400SH, I have not seen any sniping by the moderators lately and Aeroclassics are being discussed both positively and negatively without any draconian deletions. All views are valid and with all models it's 'horses for courses'. Just accept it and move on.
__________________
Adrian


The missing B.707s still needed to be done in 1/400: Uganda Airlines, Air Zimbabwe (rainbow scheme), Air Niugini.

DC-8s still needed to be done in 1/400: UAT, Iberia ('80s scheme), Air Ceylon, Surinam Airways, Air Spain, Seaboard World (-63CF)

Aeroclassics Comets still missing- Dan Air (4 & 4C), United Arab Airlines/Misrair/Egyptair, Kuwait AW, Sudan AW, East African AW, Saudi Royal Flt.
Adrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 07:46 PM   #12 (permalink)
Frogger
 
arctic9048's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: ATL
Age: 36
Posts: 2,225
Default Re: Don't criticize Gemini on this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by GARUDAROD View Post
If you want to post relevant information on the thread topic, by all means go ahead, but I'm not going to stand here at let everyone take pot shots at me and the company I work for, who is a Major provider to this hobby, whether you like it or not. Enough of the same "Oh All Gemini ever does is boring releases threads"
Believe it or not, we do tolerate criticism. Its the unfounded opinions that get thrown around that make life grand!
The same rules apply to everyone. Funny, I dont hear people complaining when Aeroclassics arbitrarily has comments audited to their benefit.
I don't take many shots but your attitude has always baffled me. Are you supposed to be immune from criticism? You're a major provider? Should I give you a thank you or should you thank me for buying? Is Gemini a non-profit?

For the record, I along with many others find Klein's censorship to be hilarious at best. If that's who you want to compare yourself to then be my guest.
arctic9048 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 02:08 AM   #13 (permalink)
insane collector
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,722
Default Re: Don't criticize Gemini on this forum

You have the good and bad in criticism. Sometimes highlighting the negative is a good thing especially on up coming releases where the full model run hasn't been produced yet. If the sample is shown and errors are spotted then the manufacturer has time to correct and release the perfect model. I am still amazed and dumb-founded that Inflight200 never corrected the title font on the El Al 747-400 which was brought to their attention over a year ago when they announced it. They released that model 9 months after their announcement and completely ignored their customers.
Saying a model is boring doesn't necessarily attack the model or manufacturer, it's simply the collector's personal opinion or collecting preference and can't possibly influence sales.
__________________
Descending to model level 1700.
ELY707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 02:27 AM   #14 (permalink)
Insane Collector
 
r3500vdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,290
Default Re: Don't criticize Gemini on this forum

Well Rod and Nick, the Gemini line up is mind boggling boring each month and I'll keep saying that. Adrian is correct in saying that SH400 is a lot more open minded as this forum currently in terms of moderation.
__________________
Mathieu [More of my diecast photos at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
]

Last edited by r3500vdp; 07-24-2015 at 02:38 AM.
r3500vdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 03:29 AM   #15 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 454
Default Re: Don't criticize Gemini on this forum

Got a 6 month ban for my criticism.
GARUDA747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 12:48 PM   #16 (permalink)
Dr. Diecast I presume?
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 6,686
Default Re: Don't criticize Gemini on this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3500vdp View Post
Well Rod and Nick, the Gemini line up is mind boggling boring each month and I'll keep saying that.
And yet sales continue to be outstanding, and I will keep saying that.
N. Eberhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 01:01 PM   #17 (permalink)
Master Collector
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Singapore
Posts: 795
Default Re: Don't criticize Gemini on this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjon5 View Post
for about the last 2 months Richard!!! a lot of members are NOT happy about that!!!

check out this announcement!!!

http://www.diecastaircraftforum.com/...lectorate.html

Somewhere in the rules posted on Reply #3 in that thread, you will find the line "We reserve the right to delete, without explanation and entirely at our discretion, any post, thread or user for any or no reason."

Oh well. But hey, at least you know you're not being personally attacked:

"If your post or thread has been deleted, please do not view this as a personal attack against you by the moderators."
__________________
~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by atomicfungus; 07-24-2015 at 01:04 PM.
atomicfungus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 06:56 PM   #18 (permalink)
Complete Wacko!
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: ...
Posts: 6,822
Default Re: Don't criticize Gemini on this forum

Quote:
... for any or no reason.""
And THIS is what actually says it all.

Scary isnt it?! ....coming from the land of the free, blah blah blah....

Still waiting for your reply, Mr.Moderator, have sent you a few emails, and still waiting for your reply.....

Last edited by Retroguy; 07-24-2015 at 07:20 PM.
Retroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 07:28 PM   #19 (permalink)
Insane Collector
 
DC8-dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Rednecksville, Fl
Posts: 1,249
Default Re: Don't criticize Gemini on this forum

post deleted.....
__________________
...Approaching minimums....minimums.....100...50...

Last edited by DC8-dude; 07-24-2015 at 07:35 PM.
DC8-dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 07:32 PM   #20 (permalink)
King of the Geeks
 
Kitty Hawk 1903's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane,Mockingbird Heights.
Age: 52
Posts: 5,267
Default Re: Don't criticize Gemini on this forum

I have been collecting for twelve years now. I loved the Jetblue models Gemini did recently. If the next month doesn't meet my collecting criteria,so be it. That applies to all manufacturers. A compliment is always nice to hear. I'm not sure ripping them a new one because your wish hasn't been made yet is necessary. I have been waiting for years for an Atlas Air B747-400 in 200 scale diecast. It hasn't happened yet. I'm not going to bring it up each month.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


David
Kitty Hawk 1903 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 10:44 PM   #21 (permalink)
Clipper Spaghetti Western
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mt Pleasant Sth Australia
Posts: 3,995
Default Re: Don't criticize Gemini on this forum

Aren't the choices:
1. if we're not into draconian then leave here and go to another forum; or
2. don't buy their models if the approaches of some are too hard to deal with...
don't hold too much sentiment to this forum and I'll buy from any manufacturer so for me its a meh...whatever.
__________________
On the bench....or in the queue:

Too many kits and not enough time!
QFA388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 05:37 AM   #22 (permalink)
Master Collector
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Singapore
Posts: 795
Default Re: Don't criticize Gemini on this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty Hawk 1903 View Post
I have been collecting for twelve years now. I loved the Jetblue models Gemini did recently. If the next month doesn't meet my collecting criteria,so be it. That applies to all manufacturers. A compliment is always nice to hear. I'm not sure ripping them a new one because your wish hasn't been made yet is necessary. I have been waiting for years for an Atlas Air B747-400 in 200 scale diecast. It hasn't happened yet. I'm not going to bring it up each month.
Quote:
Originally Posted by QFA388 View Post
Aren't the choices:
1. if we're not into draconian then leave here and go to another forum; or
2. don't buy their models if the approaches of some are too hard to deal with...
don't hold too much sentiment to this forum and I'll buy from any manufacturer so for me its a meh...whatever.
That's not the point though. Perfectly decent, inoffensive posts are being deleted simply because they are deemed to portray a certain manufacturer in bad light. And these are posts in the relevant thread (eg release announcements). Is stating an opinion not allowed anymore? There are threads that are rife with personal attacks, prejudice (racial, religious and political, and no I am not trying to defend ISIS or Obama), but post "Hey [A CERTAIN MANUFACTURER], why do you always release the same uninteresting thing?" and it gets deleted. And this only happens when the comment is for one particular manufacturer. That's completely biased censorship, if you ask me. Yes it gets old to read the same comments in every release thread. But is it really that hard to simply ignore the post and turn the mouse wheel or swipe your finger at the screen one more time?
__________________
~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
atomicfungus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 07:14 AM   #23 (permalink)
1/600 & 1/400 Fan
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Auckland
Age: 41
Posts: 3,670
Default Re: Don't criticize Gemini on this forum

I have heard that apparently all the major manufacturers have been asked to moderate the site as a means to keep the database up to date. If so this basically is the death knell of the site as they will all only want nice things said about their products. Scary stuff as all of them produce crap and gold in equal measures. The state of the whole wings900 sites has been a disgrace ever since they were sold on.

I agree with Mr Fungus that Kittyhawk your point is irrelevant to what is happening and Tim yours is basically that you don't need or care about DAC or the community. I hear you but again its kind of irrelevant. Note however I wouldn't advocate removing your posts because I disagree with their content!!!
__________________
Richard


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RStretton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 07:54 AM   #24 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
crownvic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Orlando FL
Posts: 10,622
Default Re: Don't criticize Gemini on this forum

If this was all true its interesting that this thread has not been deleted. Certainly doesnt help out the manufacturer in question leaving it up.. Leaving this thread up proves its mostly all wrong...how ironic
__________________
Can I refill your eggnog for you? Get you something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere, leave you for dead?
Naw, I知 doing just fine Clark.
Real tomato ketchup Eddie?
Nothing but the best! "I don't know why they call this stuff hamburger helper. It does just fine by itself, huh? I like it better than tuna helper myself, don't you, Clark?"
"you're the gourmet around here, Ed!"

Last edited by crownvic; 07-25-2015 at 08:06 AM.
crownvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 10:55 AM   #25 (permalink)
Insane Collector
 
r3500vdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,290
Default Re: Don't criticize Gemini on this forum

Would suggest for that to be true that Rod is put on a tight leash or removed as a Gemini spokesperson. Anybody with a mouth like Rod would have received his walking papers pretty damn quick had he been a formal public spokes person for a corporation. Also I very much doubt he would have deleted 10+ posts had they referred to Phoenix or Aeroclassics or Inflight200.
__________________
Mathieu [More of my diecast photos at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
]
r3500vdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 11:07 AM   #26 (permalink)
17 years collecting
 
Big Al's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Near GLA
Posts: 5,775
Default Re: Don't criticize Gemini on this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by IflyHA View Post
The "it's a boring month" threads a waste of bandwidth. It is completely subjective... I read a post on facebook of a guy criticizing this month and yet the next post was a guy praising it for the BA releases... The posts are like A**holes: everyone has them and no one else wants to see them.
Having suffered the quiet indignity of a colonoscopy this week, I beg to differ...

That said, I offered praise of the one release I appreciated in this month's release and expressed minor disappointment in certain others in my own polite way. But if any of my posts start getting deleted without a legitimate or valid reason, I'll be out of here for good. We don't need pious moderation here like on 400SH.

That is all
__________________
Let's be having, the British Airways/British, Negus & Negus BAC 1-11-500 in 1:400 please !
Big Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 11:09 AM   #27 (permalink)
17 years collecting
 
Big Al's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Near GLA
Posts: 5,775
Default Re: Don't criticize Gemini on this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by crownvic View Post
If this was all true its interesting that this thread has not been deleted. Certainly doesnt help out the manufacturer in question leaving it up.. Leaving this thread up proves its mostly all wrong...how ironic
Not deleted "yet" I'd assume...
__________________
Let's be having, the British Airways/British, Negus & Negus BAC 1-11-500 in 1:400 please !
Big Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 11:15 AM   #28 (permalink)
Insane Collector
 
JeffinMass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Newton Centre
Posts: 1,513
Default Re: Don't criticize Gemini on this forum

There are 300,000,000 people in this country. There are also 300,000,000 personalities and opinions. It seems as though most of the negative, or constructive opinions as you say, end up on DAC. Companies release a product. By voicing a negative opinion does not help any company or person. Be positive and you will get positive results. Even if you do complain GJ , AC, PH, Hogan, Skymarks and JC will continue to be successful companies. If you think you can do better start your own company and see what happens.
__________________
WANTED: ANYTHING A330neo 1/200

"FREE YOUR MIND AND THE REST WILL FOLLOW"
En Vogue





Last edited by JeffinMass; 07-25-2015 at 11:16 AM. Reason: sp
JeffinMass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 11:44 AM   #29 (permalink)
Master Collector
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Singapore
Posts: 795
Default Re: Don't criticize Gemini on this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffinMass View Post
There are 300,000,000 people in this country. There are also 300,000,000 personalities and opinions. It seems as though most of the negative, or constructive opinions as you say, end up on DAC. Companies release a product. By voicing a negative opinion does not help any company or person. Be positive and you will get positive results. Even if you do complain GJ , AC, PH, Hogan, Skymarks and JC will continue to be successful companies. If you think you can do better start your own company and see what happens.
Jeff, the whole point of complaining is to voice out your dissatisfaction in the hopes that someone can address it. That is exactly what is happening; people are voicing out their dissatisfaction at the lineup of models being released and the dropping quality standards so that they can be improved for the benefit of everyone. This isn't about which company we want successful or not. If we had a bunch of "yes men" being positive to (praising) ABC manufacturer for their bent landing gears and shoddy paint work (among other things) and XYZ manufacturer for their bland (yes it does seem to be usually bland in the eyes of most collectors here) monthly releases, it would basically be giving them a green light to carry on with their substandard work which has earned them critical acclaim!
__________________
~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
atomicfungus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 11:59 AM   #30 (permalink)
Insane Collector
 
JeffinMass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Newton Centre
Posts: 1,513
Default Re: Don't criticize Gemini on this forum

atomicfungus....I completely understand bent landing gears, shoddy paint jobs and loose wings. On the 1/200s, which I have started to collect, the landing gears are packed in separate bags. The 1/400s are an issue. I believe that the cradles are a huge problem. These models are shipped, transported by many trucks, dropped by many people, sold to dealers, returned to dealers (who may not inspect them upon return) and whatever. Do you not think it is a headache for the manufacturers too? Do you think that a manufacturer would deliberately do that? NOT !!!

The paint issues are another thing. That is either QC at the manufacturers level or someone at QC went out to lunch If it is a paint issue and the dealer does take it back, what is the dealer going to do with it? If GJ takes it back they will sell it in their NV store for 40% off. So who wins there? I think that every company that relies on overseas manufacturing has to deal with this and QC.

As far as releasing product that "you" personally don't like goes. An example is GJ. They get an order from EK to supply their stores worldwide. GJ accepts the order plus more to sell to us. Now if they were all the same reg number that would be an issue but they are not. The same with Hawaiian, Delta and American. It's business. Why has no one released the Ethiopian B777f? Cargos do not sell as well as pax. So why did all the manufacturers release a LH B777f? LH probably ordered them. Will they release the new EVA Air B777f when it is delivered in 1:1? I certainly hope so.

I found out that there was a paint issue on a certain model in one of the forums. I mentioned to a manufacturer that they may want to let their supplier know that for the future. Will that help? I certainly hope so. On the other hand if I had made a scene of it in DAC or Wings etc perhaps nothing would have happened.
__________________
WANTED: ANYTHING A330neo 1/200

"FREE YOUR MIND AND THE REST WILL FOLLOW"
En Vogue





Last edited by JeffinMass; 07-25-2015 at 12:24 PM. Reason: sp
JeffinMass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 12:17 PM   #31 (permalink)
Insane Collector
 
Ironclaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Renton WA
Posts: 1,034
Default Re: Don't criticize Gemini on this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffinMass View Post
atomicfungus....I completely understand bent landing gears, shoddy paint jobs and loose wings. On the 1/200s, which I have started to collect, the landing gears are packed in separate bags. The 1/400s are an issue. I believe that the cradles are a huge problem. These models are shipped, transported by many trucks, dropped by many people, sold to dealers, returned to dealers (who may not inspect them upon return) and whatever. Do you not think it is a headache for the manufacturers too? Do you think that a manufacturer would deliberately do that? NOT !!! The paint issues are another thing. That is either QC at the manufacturers level or someone at QC went out to lunch If it is a paint issue and the dealer does take it back, what is the dealer going to do with it? If GJ takes it back they will sell it in their NV store for 40% off. So who wins there? I think that every company that relies on overseas manufacturing has to deal with this and QC. As far as releasing product that "you" personally don't like goes. An example is GJ. They get an order from EK to supply their stores worldwide. GJ accepts the order plus more to sell to us. Now if they were all the same reg number that would be an issue but they are not. The same with Hawaiian, Delta and American. It's business. Why has no one released the Ethiopian B777f? Cargos do not sell as well as pax. So why did all the manufacturers release a LH B777f? LH probably ordered them. Will they release the new EVA Air B777f when it is delivered in 1:1? I certainly hope so. I found out that there was a paint issue on a certain model in one of the forums. I mentioned to a manufacturer that they may want to let their supplier know that for the future. Will that help? I certainly hope so. On the other hand if I had made a scene of it in DAC or Wings etc perhaps nothing would have happened.
Well if the models are better than your use of paragraphs then all will be well in diecast land
Now to the topic at hand.
I`m not all that crazy about censorship from the powers that be but if it happens just delete the the post entirely.
What I don`t like are edits.They are no no in my book.
__________________
Ron
My photos

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Ironclaw; 07-25-2015 at 12:21 PM.
Ironclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 12:20 PM   #32 (permalink)
Diecast Quality Inspector
 
Adrian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: England
Posts: 3,507
Default Re: Don't criticize Gemini on this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3500vdp View Post
Would suggest for that to be true that Rod is put on a tight leash or removed as a Gemini spokesperson. Anybody with a mouth like Rod would have received his walking papers pretty damn quick had he been a formal public spokes person for a corporation. Also I very much doubt he would have deleted 10+ posts had they referred to Phoenix or Aeroclassics or Inflight200.
Correct! Moderators on any forum should not be a representive or spokesperson for a company, enabling the said form posts to be manipulated in that company's favour. They should be impartial and unconnected with any manufacturer.
Forums are for free discussions and to express opinions right or wrong. Posts should only be deleted for bad language, libel or if any personal attacks are made.
Furthermore, we are constantly told that the bulk of buyers do not read these forums, so what are GJ worried about?
__________________
Adrian


The missing B.707s still needed to be done in 1/400: Uganda Airlines, Air Zimbabwe (rainbow scheme), Air Niugini.

DC-8s still needed to be done in 1/400: UAT, Iberia ('80s scheme), Air Ceylon, Surinam Airways, Air Spain, Seaboard World (-63CF)

Aeroclassics Comets still missing- Dan Air (4 & 4C), United Arab Airlines/Misrair/Egyptair, Kuwait AW, Sudan AW, East African AW, Saudi Royal Flt.
Adrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 12:27 PM   #33 (permalink)
Insane Collector
 
JeffinMass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Newton Centre
Posts: 1,513
Default Re: Don't criticize Gemini on this forum

Who said that the "bulk of buyers" don't read this forum? They meant anymore. Perhaps they did and the language here became to much for them? The "bulk of buyers" generally trust the manufacturers to come out with a superb product. The "bulk of the buyers" do not want to hear nasty criticisms towards Rod or Andrew. The "bulk of the buyers" probably know both of them personally.
__________________
WANTED: ANYTHING A330neo 1/200

"FREE YOUR MIND AND THE REST WILL FOLLOW"
En Vogue





Last edited by JeffinMass; 07-25-2015 at 12:30 PM. Reason: sp
JeffinMass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 12:36 PM   #34 (permalink)
Diecast Quality Inspector
 
Adrian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: England
Posts: 3,507
Default Re: Don't criticize Gemini on this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffinMass View Post
Who said that the "bulk of buyers" don't read this forum? They meant anymore. Perhaps they did and the language here became to much for them? The "bulk of buyers" generally trust the manufacturers to come out with a superb product. The "bulk of the buyers" do not want to hear nasty criticisms towards Rod or Andrew. The "bulk of the buyers" probably know both of them personally.
Todd on 400SH once said that the 'bulk of buyers don't read these forums'.
Who even mentioned criticising Rod or Andrew? We are discussing post deletions because of product criticism?
__________________
Adrian


The missing B.707s still needed to be done in 1/400: Uganda Airlines, Air Zimbabwe (rainbow scheme), Air Niugini.

DC-8s still needed to be done in 1/400: UAT, Iberia ('80s scheme), Air Ceylon, Surinam Airways, Air Spain, Seaboard World (-63CF)

Aeroclassics Comets still missing- Dan Air (4 & 4C), United Arab Airlines/Misrair/Egyptair, Kuwait AW, Sudan AW, East African AW, Saudi Royal Flt.
Adrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 12:58 PM   #35 (permalink)
Bite Me
 
gospodin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: SHV
Posts: 8,777
Default Re: Don't criticize Gemini on this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by GARUDAROD View Post
If you want to post relevant information on the thread topic, by all means go ahead, but I'm not going to stand here at let everyone take pot shots at me and the company I work for, who is a Major provider to this hobby, whether you like it or not. Enough of the same "Oh All Gemini ever does is boring releases threads"
Believe it or not, we do tolerate criticism. Its the unfounded opinions that get thrown around that make life grand!
The same rules apply to everyone.Funny, I dont hear people complaining when Aeroclassics arbitrarily has comments audited to their benefit.
Funniest line out of the whole thread. Rod, it's because THEY DELETED ANY DISSENSION.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Steve







Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or imbeciles who really mean it. Mark Twain
gospodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 03:47 PM   #36 (permalink)
1/600 & 1/400 Fan
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Auckland
Age: 41
Posts: 3,670
Default Re: Don't criticize Gemini on this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffinMass View Post
As far as releasing product that "you" personally don't like goes. An example is GJ. They get an order from EK to supply their stores worldwide. GJ accepts the order plus more to sell to us. Now if they were all the same reg number that would be an issue but they are not. The same with Hawaiian, Delta and American. It's business. Why has no one released the Ethiopian B777f? Cargos do not sell as well as pax. So why did all the manufacturers release a LH B777f? LH probably ordered them. Will they release the new EVA Air B777f when it is delivered in 1:1? I certainly hope so.

I found out that there was a paint issue on a certain model in one of the forums. I mentioned to a manufacturer that they may want to let their supplier know that for the future. Will that help? I certainly hope so. On the other hand if I had made a scene of it in DAC or Wings etc perhaps nothing would have happened.
I thoroughly disagree with what you have said above Jeff and the whole tone of it. Who are you or anyone else to tell me what to say. Telling people how to think or speak is possibly the most offensive thing you can do outside of violence in my opinion. This is a discussion forum and I don't need you, Nick or anyone to tell me what to say. As long as it is not offensive or rude it is fine. Ironically all the ad hominem attacks are fine but construstive criticism is not.

Gemini can do what they like but I am f*cked if I have to sit there and pat them or anyone else on the back and say good boy, well done. This is a collectors forum so I don't give a monkeys what the airlines want or whether they are profitable. If Gemini want to go for that market let them but in reality I am not happy with it. They could easily mix it up and cater for both as AC and PH do. They used to and where a better company for it.

This whole 'though shalt not criticise' thing is rubbish. Negativity is not a bad thing and positivity is not some panacea unless you are a slow witted idiot. I think people need to grow up and be able to discuss topics properly and not hide behind niceties all the time. Change was never affected by everyone saying how wonderful everything was and negative criticism sways the action of companies all the time.
__________________
Richard


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RStretton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 04:02 PM   #37 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
crownvic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Orlando FL
Posts: 10,622
Default Re: Don't criticize Gemini on this forum

Wow.......it's a dam toy airplane forum...as to your comment about how mad and offended you are about people telling you what to say, which by the way no one is, get mad at our joke of a judicial system when you hear someone arrested for a serious crime who is out and about with a lengthy criminal record... That's worth getting mad over not over this crap
__________________
Can I refill your eggnog for you? Get you something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere, leave you for dead?
Naw, I知 doing just fine Clark.
Real tomato ketchup Eddie?
Nothing but the best! "I don't know why they call this stuff hamburger helper. It does just fine by itself, huh? I like it better than tuna helper myself, don't you, Clark?"
"you're the gourmet around here, Ed!"

Last edited by crownvic; 07-25-2015 at 04:09 PM.
crownvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 04:14 PM   #38 (permalink)
1/600 & 1/400 Fan
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Auckland
Age: 41
Posts: 3,670
Default Re: Don't criticize Gemini on this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by crownvic View Post
Wow.......it's a dam toy airplane forum...as to your comment about how mad and offended you are about people telling you what to say, which by the way no one is, get mad at our joke of a judicial system when you hear someone arrested for a serious crime who is out and about with a lengthy criminal record... That's worth getting mad over not over this crap
But:

a) I'm not mad I just don't appreciate censorship in any form - which is a more important issue to me than the unrelated judicial system one you raised (plus since I'm in NZ my power to resolve the many structural issues with the USA is rather limited!)

b) They aren't toys and even if they were toys are just as worth getting annoyed about if you care about them. I'm not going to apologise for giving a sh*t and people like me are the reason the site exists. If you don't care about the forum then why are you wasting your time criticising those who do?

And 'they' clearly are telling me what to say because 'they' are deleting my comments!
__________________
Richard


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by RStretton; 07-25-2015 at 04:18 PM.
RStretton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 04:22 PM   #39 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
crownvic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Orlando FL
Posts: 10,622
Default Re: Don't criticize Gemini on this forum

Didn't realize you were in NZ, oooops in that case get mad over the fact you don't have Arby's or In and Out burger there.. By the way, your country has it more together then this place ...
__________________
Can I refill your eggnog for you? Get you something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere, leave you for dead?
Naw, I知 doing just fine Clark.
Real tomato ketchup Eddie?
Nothing but the best! "I don't know why they call this stuff hamburger helper. It does just fine by itself, huh? I like it better than tuna helper myself, don't you, Clark?"
"you're the gourmet around here, Ed!"
crownvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 04:30 PM   #40 (permalink)
1/600 & 1/400 Fan
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Auckland
Age: 41
Posts: 3,670
Default Re: Don't criticize Gemini on this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by crownvic View Post
Didn't realize you were in NZ, oooops in that case get mad over the fact you don't have Arby's or In and Out burger there.. By the way, your country has it more together then this place ...
Yeah but we do have Burger Fuel . NZ's pretty good but not still not the utopia its portrayed as.

I like DAC and I want to be able to continue to learn from others and hear interesting opinions. Threads where people say 'look at my lovely model' and 'wow I just love manufacturer X' are the least interesting by a country mile. I don't consider the forum has issues and wish the owners would work on fixing all the real problems it has not imaginary ones.
__________________
Richard


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RStretton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 05:48 PM   #41 (permalink)
17 years collecting
 
Big Al's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Near GLA
Posts: 5,775
Default Re: Don't criticize Gemini on this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by RStretton View Post
I thoroughly disagree with what you have said above Jeff and the whole tone of it. Who are you or anyone else to tell me what to say. Telling people how to think or speak is possibly the most offensive thing you can do outside of violence in my opinion. This is a discussion forum and I don't need you, Nick or anyone to tell me what to say. As long as it is not offensive or rude it is fine. Ironically all the ad hominem attacks are fine but construstive criticism is not.

Gemini can do what they like but I am f*cked if I have to sit there and pat them or anyone else on the back and say good boy, well done. This is a collectors forum so I don't give a monkeys what the airlines want or whether they are profitable. If Gemini want to go for that market let them but in reality I am not happy with it. They could easily mix it up and cater for both as AC and PH do. They used to and where a better company for it.

This whole 'though shalt not criticise' thing is rubbish. Negativity is not a bad thing and positivity is not some panacea unless you are a slow witted idiot. I think people need to grow up and be able to discuss topics properly and not hide behind niceties all the time. Change was never affected by everyone saying how wonderful everything was and negative criticism sways the action of companies all the time.
Seconded !
__________________
Let's be having, the British Airways/British, Negus & Negus BAC 1-11-500 in 1:400 please !
Big Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 06:58 PM   #42 (permalink)
Design with Elegance.
 
Upkeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Toronto, CANADA
Posts: 5,598
Talking Re: Don't criticize Gemini on this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty Hawk 1903 View Post
I have been collecting for twelve years now. I loved the Jetblue models Gemini did recently. If the next month doesn't meet my collecting criteria,so be it. That applies to all manufacturers. A compliment is always nice to hear. I'm not sure ripping them a new one because your wish hasn't been made yet is necessary. I have been waiting for years for an Atlas Air B747-400 in 200 scale diecast. It hasn't happened yet. I'm not going to bring it up each month.
I'm in a similar boat. I've been collecting (on & off) for about the same amount of time. I do like Gemini's interpretations of the models that I'm interested and have bought. Frankly, I like them very much! But just because they didn't bring out what I wanted one month is no reason for me to get out raged. I just move on. It's merely a pastime, frorcryingoutloud.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ノl馮ance en vol . . . Airfrance-style!
Upkeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 07:48 PM   #43 (permalink)
17 years collecting
 
Big Al's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Near GLA
Posts: 5,775
Default Re: Don't criticize Gemini on this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upkeep View Post
I'm in a similar boat. I've been collecting (on & off) for about the same amount of time. I do like Gemini's interpretations of the models that I'm interested and have bought. Frankly, I like them very much! But just because they didn't bring out what I wanted one month is no reason for me to get out raged. I just move on. It's merely a pastime, frorcryingoutloud.
I think the point is more about how often the same stuff comes out, not about why someone's personal holy grail didn't come out in any given month. That would be a gross over simplification of why THIS thread has come about. There are some extremely articulate and intelligent points of view being expressed here, unfortunately they appear to be in the minority, at the expense of the 'put up and shut up' apologists who seem to rear their heads on threads like these, time and time again.

If we are indeed in a situation where 'can do no wrong' representatives of model manufacturing companies are allowed to delete genuine criticisms and conversation about actual disappointment about release statements, then this forums days are numbered. Seriously people, think long and hard !
__________________
Let's be having, the British Airways/British, Negus & Negus BAC 1-11-500 in 1:400 please !
Big Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 08:33 PM   #44 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
crownvic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Orlando FL
Posts: 10,622
Default Re: Don't criticize Gemini on this forum

Quote "If we are indeed in a situation where 'can do no wrong' representatives of model manufacturing companies are allowed to delete genuine criticisms and conversation about actual disappointment about release statements, then this forums days are numbered. Seriously people, think long and hard !"


Nope never gonna happen... As much as I disagree with you I do like your video reports from Glasgow Scotland
__________________
Can I refill your eggnog for you? Get you something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere, leave you for dead?
Naw, I知 doing just fine Clark.
Real tomato ketchup Eddie?
Nothing but the best! "I don't know why they call this stuff hamburger helper. It does just fine by itself, huh? I like it better than tuna helper myself, don't you, Clark?"
"you're the gourmet around here, Ed!"

Last edited by crownvic; 07-25-2015 at 08:35 PM.
crownvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 08:49 PM   #45 (permalink)
17 years collecting
 
Big Al's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Near GLA
Posts: 5,775
Default Re: Don't criticize Gemini on this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by crownvic View Post
Quote "If we are indeed in a situation where 'can do no wrong' representatives of model manufacturing companies are allowed to delete genuine criticisms and conversation about actual disappointment about release statements, then this forums days are numbered. Seriously people, think long and hard !"


Nope never gonna happen... As much as I disagree with you I do like your video reports from Glasgow Scotland
What's that, you're never gonna be wrong ?

Oh and here's an update from somewhere just off the GLA glide path. Imagine this in 1:400 scale, imagine the fun, the plaudits, imagine the goddam smilie overload and the packaging challenges...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrFtjA5UeWo
__________________
Let's be having, the British Airways/British, Negus & Negus BAC 1-11-500 in 1:400 please !
Big Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 08:59 PM   #46 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
crownvic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Orlando FL
Posts: 10,622
Default Re: Don't criticize Gemini on this forum

Videos come and videos go but that one is spot on fantastic a keeper!!! F ing awesome !!!!
I had that model in 200 scale made by Bader and sold it to a DACer a few years ago
__________________
Can I refill your eggnog for you? Get you something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere, leave you for dead?
Naw, I知 doing just fine Clark.
Real tomato ketchup Eddie?
Nothing but the best! "I don't know why they call this stuff hamburger helper. It does just fine by itself, huh? I like it better than tuna helper myself, don't you, Clark?"
"you're the gourmet around here, Ed!"
crownvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 12:48 AM   #47 (permalink)
Clipper Spaghetti Western
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mt Pleasant Sth Australia
Posts: 3,995
Default Re: Don't criticize Gemini on this forum

Richard,
Last week there was a death in the family and to put this silly forum and these little aeroplanes into perspective...no I really don't care about either.

This forum is nothing more than an occassional distraction for amusement noting the behaviour of some and that's all it is. The forum and the models are not a way of life for me and besides, I have plenty of interests with my home life, my career and my other hobbies which give far greater rewards and satisfaction than DAC and 400scale aircraft ever will.
Life is too short to give a krap whether someone's post gets deleted or whether models are perfect or if someone agrees or disagrees with a point of view or if people are popular etc etc etc.
It is completely insignificant and trivial in the overall scheme of things.
__________________
On the bench....or in the queue:

Too many kits and not enough time!
QFA388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 01:21 AM   #48 (permalink)
Master Collector
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Singapore
Posts: 795
Default Re: Don't criticize Gemini on this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffinMass View Post
atomicfungus....I completely understand bent landing gears, shoddy paint jobs and loose wings. On the 1/200s, which I have started to collect, the landing gears are packed in separate bags. The 1/400s are an issue. I believe that the cradles are a huge problem. These models are shipped, transported by many trucks, dropped by many people, sold to dealers, returned to dealers (who may not inspect them upon return) and whatever. Do you not think it is a headache for the manufacturers too? Do you think that a manufacturer would deliberately do that? NOT !!!
So are you implying that we should sit around and do nothing but heap compliments on the manufacturers because there can be nothing done about damage caused during shipment? Even if it isn't their fault, there are things they can do to lower the chances of such things happening. You mentioned yourself that the cradles are the problem. The complaints are here to make them aware of what is going on and hopefully solve the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffinMass View Post
The paint issues are another thing. That is either QC at the manufacturers level or someone at QC went out to lunch If it is a paint issue and the dealer does take it back, what is the dealer going to do with it? If GJ takes it back they will sell it in their NV store for 40% off. So who wins there? I think that every company that relies on overseas manufacturing has to deal with this and QC.
Again, are you implying that we should just accept poor finishing is a fact of life? These models aren't exactly cheap and ensuring good QC is the manufacturers duty to protect the image of their own brand. Sure, there are retailers that accept returns or exchanges, but it's always the customer that loses out because of all the extra expenses incurred for postage.

How would you feel if you bought a new Mercedes, and it arrived with scratches, bubbling paintwork and a couple dents, maybe bent spokes on the wheels? And when you go back to the dealer (that happens to be in another country/state, as is the case for most of us when buying models), you're told "We can exchange it for another one, but you'll have to pay to ship it back to us, then pay again to have the new one shipped to you."

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffinMass View Post
As far as releasing product that "you" personally don't like goes. An example is GJ. They get an order from EK to supply their stores worldwide. GJ accepts the order plus more to sell to us. Now if they were all the same reg number that would be an issue but they are not. The same with Hawaiian, Delta and American. It's business. Why has no one released the Ethiopian B777f? Cargos do not sell as well as pax. So why did all the manufacturers release a LH B777f? LH probably ordered them. Will they release the new EVA Air B777f when it is delivered in 1:1? I certainly hope so.
I never said that the manufacturers need to release what I want every month. I need to eat and pay bills as well. I'm perfectly alright with them taking corporate orders if it helps keep their business intact. Would it be a huge problem though to dedicate maybe 1/4 or 1/5 of the monthly lineup to something we've never seen before? It's not like they need to make an additional huge investment since most of the moulds already exist.


Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffinMass View Post
I found out that there was a paint issue on a certain model in one of the forums. I mentioned to a manufacturer that they may want to let their supplier know that for the future. Will that help? I certainly hope so. On the other hand if I had made a scene of it in DAC or Wings etc perhaps nothing would have happened.
As far as I can recall, none of the deleted threads were "making a scene". They were all perfectly legitimate queries. One reply to a thread every month or so is not "a scene". The "Waffle sucks because I didn't read the terms" ones in every other subforum are.
__________________
~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
atomicfungus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 06:39 AM   #49 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
crownvic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Orlando FL
Posts: 10,622
Default Re: Don't criticize Gemini on this forum

(QUOTE) QFA388...This forum is nothing more than an occassional distraction for amusement noting the behaviour of some and that's all it is. The forum and the models are not a way of life for me and besides, I have plenty of interests with my home life, my career and my other hobbies which give far greater rewards and satisfaction than DAC and 400scale aircraft ever will.
Life is too short to give a krap whether someone's post gets deleted or whether models are perfect or if someone agrees or disagrees with a point of view or if people are popular etc etc etc.
It is completely insignificant and trivial in the overall scheme of things.[/QUOTE]

Im sorry about your loss
However best post of the year...Everyone here take note of what was just said...
__________________
Can I refill your eggnog for you? Get you something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere, leave you for dead?
Naw, I知 doing just fine Clark.
Real tomato ketchup Eddie?
Nothing but the best! "I don't know why they call this stuff hamburger helper. It does just fine by itself, huh? I like it better than tuna helper myself, don't you, Clark?"
"you're the gourmet around here, Ed!"
crownvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 06:58 AM   #50 (permalink)
Retired the Hobby
 
Surinam Air 747's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 3,543
Default Re: Don't criticize Gemini on this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by QFA388 View Post
Richard,
Last week there was a death in the family and to put this silly forum and these little aeroplanes into perspective...no I really don't care about either.

This forum is nothing more than an occassional distraction for amusement noting the behaviour of some and that's all it is. The forum and the models are not a way of life for me and besides, I have plenty of interests with my home life, my career and my other hobbies which give far greater rewards and satisfaction than DAC and 400scale aircraft ever will.
Life is too short to give a krap whether someone's post gets deleted or whether models are perfect or if someone agrees or disagrees with a point of view or if people are popular etc etc etc.
It is completely insignificant and trivial in the overall scheme of things.
I don't know you but I'm also sorry to hear about losing a loved one in your family...

After reading this whole thread from top to bottom, I also find your statement 100% correct, I also agree life is to short to come on this forum and start arguments with complete strangers.. This forum should be more like a past time for collectors and not one where you must empty your frustration onto others..
__________________
I WANT TO BELIEVE...

...that one day I will see many more colorful JC Wings MD-11 models and the long-awaited Gemini 200 TWA twin stripes 727-200!

I always fly America's favorite airline: Southwest Airlines and the World's oldest KLM!

Paris was the greatest city on earth! Vive la France! Tokyo 2020!
Surinam Air 747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:13 PM.

Latest Threads
 

Models of the Week
 



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.