Strike Fighters 2: Europe - DA.C
 

Go Back   DA.C > Clearance Delivery > General Squawk Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-22-2013, 04:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
I LOVE PLANES!!
 
Flight fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Near Bromma Airport
Age: 25
Posts: 438
Question Strike Fighters 2: Europe

Has anyone here ever played Strike Fighters 2: Europe? Im thinking of buying it, but i have some questions first.

1. Is it easy or is it hard?

2. What are the controls like, can you play it with a mouse and keyboard or do you need a joystick and pedals?

3. Is it worth the $30?

I would also appreciate tips on where i can find good mods for planes, preferably flyable, from the USSR, Russia and/or Poland.
__________________
Our smiles are'nt just painted on.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


My
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
channel
Flight fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-23-2013, 01:29 AM   #2 (permalink)
1:400 collector
 
Gimala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: London
Age: 20
Posts: 911
Default Re: Strike Fighters 2: Europe

Gat IL2 Sturmovik. Much better game and is cheaper. You can use your keyboard for IL2, but a joystick makes it much easier.
__________________
Check out The Nerdy Student
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!
-----------------
Recently obtained

- Gemeni Jets BA 787-9
Gimala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 12:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
I LOVE PLANES!!
 
Flight fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Near Bromma Airport
Age: 25
Posts: 438
Default Re: Strike Fighters 2: Europe

I've already played Il-2 several times, both for PC and Xbox360. And i play War Thunder. But i want to fly jets without having to level up, and i'd also love to fly Swedish aircraft.(I've already found a mod.)
__________________
Our smiles are'nt just painted on.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


My
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
channel
Flight fan is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 10-23-2013, 02:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
1:400 collector
 
Gimala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: London
Age: 20
Posts: 911
Default Re: Strike Fighters 2: Europe

Most flight combat sims are tricky with a keyboard, so if you get the game, get a joystick for it.
__________________
Check out The Nerdy Student
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!
-----------------
Recently obtained

- Gemeni Jets BA 787-9
Gimala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Clipper Tom Servo
 
LOT 737-300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Somewhere near MCO.
Age: 33
Posts: 2,303
Default Re: Strike Fighters 2: Europe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight fan View Post
I've already played Il-2 several times, both for PC and Xbox360. And i play War Thunder. But i want to fly jets without having to level up, and i'd also love to fly Swedish aircraft.(I've already found a mod.)
What you bought and played sounds like IL-2 Cliffs of Dover, which is more or less like your standard Arcade type flight sim. The IL-2 he's referencing is the IL-2:1946 pack. There are some mods out there that put in jets and even helicopters too! It used to be on steam, but you can get it on Good Ol' Games. Last I checked, IL-2:1946 didn't require you to level up for anything, and most of the campaigns usually focused on a single aircraft. Most of the online stuff I think gives you an option to fly with a Swedish Roundel, if not, I know ultra pack (I hope they make it for the latest patch) for sure does, as it also adds many other Cold War era stuff too.

Quote:
Most flight combat sims are tricky with a keyboard, so if you get the game, get a joystick for it.
You should never play a sim with a keyboard. It makes it pretty damn near impossible. Jane's USAF seems to be the only exception I know off the top of my head where it is not too hard or easy.

Thankfully, most sticks are reasonably priced. You might even find a nice Saitek stick for around $50 used.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by LOT 737-300; 10-23-2013 at 07:24 PM.
LOT 737-300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
I LOVE PLANES!!
 
Flight fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Near Bromma Airport
Age: 25
Posts: 438
Default Re: Strike Fighters 2: Europe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOT 737-300 View Post
What you bought and played sounds like IL-2 Cliffs of Dover, which is more or less like your standard Arcade type flight sim. The IL-2 he's referencing is the IL-2:1946 pack. There are some mods out there that put in jets and even helicopters too! It used to be on steam, but you can get it on Good Ol' Games. Last I checked, IL-2:1946 didn't require you to level up for anything, and most of the campaigns usually focused on a single aircraft. Most of the online stuff I think gives you an option to fly with a Swedish Roundel, if not, I know ultra pack (I hope they make it for the latest patch) for sure does, as it also adds many other Cold War era stuff too.
Birds of Pray, too.

Anyway, im not just talking Cold War stuff. Im talking modern jets aswell, like the Gripen. But i'll look into getting Il-2: 1946. Using helicopters sound like fun.

As for adding Swedish roundels, if i get Il-2, how do i do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOT 737-300 View Post
You should never play a sim with a keyboard. It makes it pretty damn near impossible. Jane's USAF seems to be the only exception I know off the top of my head where it is not too hard or easy.

Thankfully, most sticks are reasonably priced. You might even find a nice Saitek stick for around $50 used.
I don't know if you can class it as a sim, but i play War Thunder with a mouse and keyboard and im doing pretty well. In lower level battles anyway.
__________________
Our smiles are'nt just painted on.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


My
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
channel
Flight fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
Clipper Tom Servo
 
LOT 737-300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Somewhere near MCO.
Age: 33
Posts: 2,303
Default Re: Strike Fighters 2: Europe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight fan View Post
Birds of Pray, too.

Anyway, im not just talking Cold War stuff. Im talking modern jets aswell, like the Gripen. But i'll look into getting Il-2: 1946. Using helicopters sound like fun.

As for adding Swedish roundels, if i get Il-2, how do i do that?



I don't know if you can class it as a sim, but i play War Thunder with a mouse and keyboard and im doing pretty well. In lower level battles anyway.
One way to add them is through the ultra-pack:
UP - Homepage

Sadly, the most current version of the game, released in August is incompatible with it (it was primarily built for 4.10m or something like that, the current version is 4.12 or something like that.) They're working to get it working on 4.12 though. It is the largest mod pack out there, and adds in a bunch of much needed planes. I was happy to see that it had the P.37 and P.23, two significant aircraft the base game didn't have, even as AI planes.

This place also hosts a lot of mods, including helicopters:
Special Aircraft Service - Index
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
LOT 737-300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 02:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
1:400 collector
 
Gimala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: London
Age: 20
Posts: 911
Default Re: Strike Fighters 2: Europe

Might get that game. Looke pretty good.
__________________
Check out The Nerdy Student
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!
-----------------
Recently obtained

- Gemeni Jets BA 787-9
Gimala is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:16 AM.

Latest Threads
 

Models of the Week
 



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.