05-10-2020, 09:56 AM
200 Scale Collector
Join Date: Nov 2007
Re: Good printer for custom decals?
I have high quality cannon inkjet photo printer, but here are the issues that i face.
- I get spells for making customs. When I do, i find out that print head has dried up. Or the ink is running low. And the cost of ink is very high. (Another topic that printer ink is big scam)
- Most of the decals are for Hasegawa mold. Sometimes i use G200/JCwings or now IF200 mold. I find it annoying that after laying down decals they overlap and create a dark joint. For that reason i want to print wireframe lines for each mold and then adjust ordered decal with a reprint.
- Other then V1 decal, who offers second set for 50%, it would be really nice to have second decal sheet if you make mistake
- I used decals from F-DCAL and his decals are super fine with nice vibrant color. His site lists that he uses laser printer and hence me leaning towards laser printer.
- I play in photoshop and using FSX repaints, you would get nice open/close shaded windows. Not to mention that most liveries are available if you want to play around. That would require print/test/print again/test again, since they need curve adjustment.
- If i can reach nirvana by printing under belly, that would be nice. No more air brushing. Its really pain to make curves and my masking skills are way underwater.
My Collection on DIMA
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Last edited by smanish; 05-10-2020 at 09:59 AM.