Color code for American Airlines - DA.C
 

Go Back   DA.C > Custom Creations > Custom Made Models

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-16-2017, 11:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Master Collector
 
Autopilot1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: La Paz
Posts: 616
Default Color code for American Airlines

Hello there!
I am trying to make a 727-custom model in the American Airlines 90s polished livery. But I am having some trouble getting the correct tone for the blue,white and red cheat lines.
Does anybody know the exact color number or code for the three cheat lines?
Also the gray that goes at a partial portion of the tail and all wings. Which I think are the same.
Please guys help me out with this. Any experienced custom maker out there? Or AA lover?
Thank you.
Autopilot1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-17-2017, 12:10 AM   #2 (permalink)
King of the Geeks
 
Kitty Hawk 1903's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane,Mockingbird Heights.
Age: 52
Posts: 5,601
Default Re: Color code for American Airlines

We have some very talented custom model artists on this forum. I am sure one of them can help you. Please post photos of your model when finished. That color scheme looked great on all of the aircraft. For me,the tri-jets in particular. 727,DC-10,& MD-11.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


David
Kitty Hawk 1903 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 12:20 AM   #3 (permalink)
Master Collector
 
Autopilot1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: La Paz
Posts: 616
Default Re: Color code for American Airlines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty Hawk 1903 View Post
We have some very talented custom model artists on this forum. I am sure one of them can help you. Please post photos of your model when finished. That color scheme looked great on all of the aircraft. For me,the tri-jets in particular. 727,DC-10,& MD-11.
Thank you my friend. Will definitely post some pics when finished. I am planning on using pads for a tampo printing process or maybe air brush. Don't really want to use decals.
My model was badly tarnished and had to strip it. Used some sand paper to get it smooth and I am pleased. Just gotta find the right colors and the protective coat to seal the paint job.
Agree the tri-holers are just iconic.
Second custom in mind...the TWA/AA 757. It will go nicely with the 717 and maddog.

Last edited by Autopilot1982; 12-17-2017 at 12:22 AM.
Autopilot1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 12-17-2017, 04:21 AM   #4 (permalink)
Master Collector
 
stratoliner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 699
Default Re: Color code for American Airlines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autopilot1982 View Post
Hello there!
I am trying to make a 727-custom model in the American Airlines 90s polished livery. But I am having some trouble getting the correct tone for the blue,white and red cheat lines.
Does anybody know the exact color number or code for the three cheat lines?
Also the gray that goes at a partial portion of the tail and all wings. Which I think are the same.
Please guys help me out with this. Any experienced custom maker out there? Or AA lover?
Thank you.
Let me know when you get the code. I have several AA models that need touchups. I think Al, aka "airlineguy" would be the man on this site for this information. I might have to check previous forums as i might have once asked him for the colors.
stratoliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 04:48 AM   #5 (permalink)
Master Collector
 
stratoliner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 699
Default Re: Color code for American Airlines

Heres some more info!

The Old Logo
The American Airlines "AAlogo that we’ve known for decades is designed by Massimo Vignelli back in 1968!

I found this color code link where it shows various years in the 60's how american used a variation of red and blue colors.

REDchoices are : poppy red and bright bittersweet
blue choices are Bahama blue,Blue, and Astrojet Blue
Then lastly theres just plain ol white, silver, and aluminum.


check it out.

Fleet Color Codes - American Airlines Paint Cross-Reference
stratoliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 07:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
Master Collector
 
Autopilot1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: La Paz
Posts: 616
Default Re: Color code for American Airlines

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratoliner View Post
Heres some more info!

The Old Logo
The American Airlines "AAlogo that we’ve known for decades is designed by Massimo Vignelli back in 1968!

I found this color code link where it shows various years in the 60's how american used a variation of red and blue colors.

REDchoices are : poppy red and bright bittersweet
blue choices are Bahama blue,Blue, and Astrojet Blue
Then lastly theres just plain ol white, silver, and aluminum.

check it out.

Fleet Color Codes - American Airlines Paint Cross-Reference
Thank you very much for the link and information Stratoliner. Will definitely help me out.
Autopilot1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 07:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
King of the Geeks
 
Kitty Hawk 1903's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane,Mockingbird Heights.
Age: 52
Posts: 5,601
Default Re: Color code for American Airlines

See if this site help's. Half way down,is the 767 in the old livery. 737 near the end. Maybe you can contact someone here,maybe they can give you the color codes for on the computer? Then use that info,for your model? I hope it works.

https://www.norebbo.com/tag/american-airlines/
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


David
Kitty Hawk 1903 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 08:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
King of the Geeks
 
Kitty Hawk 1903's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane,Mockingbird Heights.
Age: 52
Posts: 5,601
Default Re: Color code for American Airlines

One more that I found.

kaese2002.de: Search results for American Airlines
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


David
Kitty Hawk 1903 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 08:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
Master Collector
 
Autopilot1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: La Paz
Posts: 616
Default Re: Color code for American Airlines

Appreciated Kitty Hawk. Will contact them and see what they have to say. Kaese site has all I can dream of. Really nice stuff there. I completely forgot about that page. I found it long time ago and missed the link.Thank you for yout help.

Last edited by Autopilot1982; 12-17-2017 at 08:15 PM.
Autopilot1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 09:03 PM   #10 (permalink)
Master Collector
 
stratoliner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 699
Default Re: Color code for American Airlines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autopilot1982 View Post
Appreciated Kitty Hawk. Will contact them and see what they have to say. Kaese site has all I can dream of. Really nice stuff there. I completely forgot about that page. I found it long time ago and missed the link.Thank you for yout help.
worst case scenario i have an original american 727 exit door. I may be able to take some paint and get it checked at home depot . who knows it might work lol
stratoliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 09:19 PM   #11 (permalink)
Master Collector
 
Autopilot1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: La Paz
Posts: 616
Default Re: Color code for American Airlines

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratoliner View Post
worst case scenario i have an original american 727 exit door. I may be able to take some paint and get it checked at home depot . who knows it might work lol
Seriously man...make sure you can operate that exit door or you'll get in trouble...
Autopilot1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:06 PM.

Latest Threads
 

Models of the Week
 



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.