Disclaimer: This is my first post on this forum so my apologies if I do anything incorrect.
Anyways, I have recently bought some 3D Printed GSE off Shapeways but they are quite expensive and I do not like Herpa or Gemini GSE. I decided to solve this problem by creating my silicone caulk mould that replicated the GSE I bought off Shapeways. After that I would inject hot glue into the mould and hopefully have an exact replica of the GSE. Nothing went as planned...the shape of the GSE only barely replicated the original and I soon realised it was because the mould's shape was incorrect and due to hot glue's temperatures air bubbles have been forming on the object. This silicone mould was homemade with potato starch and silicone caulk mixed into a non sticky putty that I was able to wrap around my object.
Since the hot glue GSE failed I tried this time with resin and proper plastic casting RTV-2 silicone molds which I bought from a local GFX store.
I haven't yet poured resin into the mold yet but once I do that I will make another post
Here are the moulds:
The one cut in half are two mold for pushback tugs and the large lump of silicone by itself is a bus mold for only one bus though I made a mistake and certainly could've made two or 3 moulds in one cup (I made the mold in a cup).
As promised I would show you guys my resin GSE after I do it and so far I have only produced one bus but I certainly have improved from my hot glue GSE. There are air bubbles here and there but I can fill them in with some sort of putty. Soon I will spray it with a coat of white primer so I can stick decals to them.
Here is a link to a photo of it (I really wish I could get you guys some HD pictures but I don't have a camera on hand):
I tried to cast some pushback tugs in my other silicone mold and this time it unfortunately did not turn out that great. There were heaps of air bubbles and some areas were not even filled in with resin. Next time I would recreate the mould vertically instead of horizontally because that way the resin would flow freely into the mold and maybe put some air vents.