DA.C - View Single Post - Blemished models
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 01:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
nurunet
1/200 civil|1/72 military

Question Blemished models

Hey guys (and gals?)!

I am somewhat new to the forum and starting to build a collection. Unfortunately, I do not have a retailer selling a wide selection of 1/200 civil models close by (not that I know of at least!). So I have to buy on line.

Recently, I received two models that have slight cosmetic issues and wanted to ask you what counts as normal in our hobby.

First, my Gemini 200 AA B772 arrived with bent NLG (easily fixed), scratched stand and a small speck on the "forehead". The stand is not so important, also because it is the backside that is scratched. And the speck on the model is visible depending on the light falling on it. I guess it's a problem with the clear coating and thus - judging from other posts - relatively normal?

Do you think this would greatly affect (effect? I never know...) potential resale value? I don't intend to re-sell the model any time soon as I find it beautiful, but I know from experience that my taste can change over time.

Then, I got a Qatar A346 which arrived with some of the paint (color of the Qatar-lettering) on the windshield. Looks like a massive bird strike. Can I clean that somehow? Not without cleaning away the windshields too, I guess.

I am wondering whether to return the Qatari model, but I guess the shipping to Singapore would make it uneconomical.

Cheers,
Ben
nurunet is offline   Reply With Quote