DA.C - View Single Post - from 0 flight hours too airline pilot in aus
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 02:12 AM   #14 (permalink)
Jamenator1
Senior Collector

Default Re: from 0 flight hours too airline pilot in aus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dork View Post
I'm not sure how accurate your pay figures are, but if true, they would be about two to three times higher than in the USA. I agree about studying something else. At the least, it would make you more interesting and educated. It sounds like you have a lot of passion for being a pilot. That helps to make the years of hard work and low pay along the way a lot of fun and great life experience. To successfully become a commercial airline pilot, five things that will help you are passion, money, hard work, connections, and luck. The more of all of those you have, the easier your path will be. Some people are fortunate and can substitute lots of money, or connections, for hard work and passion. If you are average in the money/connections department, be prepared to work and be poor for many years along the way. All this assumes you have the requisite aptitude obviously. Something you have that is also helpful is that you are very young and have lots of time to work on attaining your dreams. Good luck!
thanks alot for the reply.

passion= an absolute bucket load

money= meh, there are various eductaion programs here in aus which can help fund university degrees and stuff. i suppose my family doing ok finacial wise.

hard work= i'm working quite hard, i do get desent scores at school usually between 70%-95% for maths (2 hardest maths classes you can do in year 11 in victoria, AUST) and science (physics) subjects, but lower for english (around 60%ish) which i'm inherantly bad at, but i could do better because i'm a bit lazy here and there espesialy studying for exams, but at least i get all class work done.

are those scores good enough do you think?

connections= none at all, i don't even know anyone who works around the airline industry

Luck: well we will find out latter on, won't we, hopefully good luck finds me

Thanks.... James
Jamenator1 is offline   Reply With Quote