DA.C - View Single Post - from 0 flight hours too airline pilot in aus
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 12:04 AM   #11 (permalink)
Jamenator1
Senior Collector

Default Re: from 0 flight hours too airline pilot in aus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonCollector View Post
Let me ask a cold-hearted, practical question. What is the salary you'd expect, once you made it? I'm wondering if it's worth the effort and expense to get there.

I have no idea what the answer is, but if this is your dream, you should have some idea. I guess though that you won't really know until you get the information you're seeking here anyhow.

Anyhow, good luck with your research.
well the salary at major airlines varies i think, but its usually very high when you have been employed for a long time. I read somwhere that some of the most serior captains at qantas (have been with qantas for decades i would imagine) get a salary of over $500k per year!! thats more than our prime minister!!

I also read somwhere that starting off as a second officer with qantas on an a330 (you would need alot of hours an experiance though) earned you around $110k per year, which is exellent.

not sure just how accurate these figures are (I think they are quite accurate), if i ever become an major airline pilot i'm not at all concerned about the pay, a helicopter pilot on the other hand (of cource depending on who you work for) I think does not get anywhere near these salaries, but i'm not sure.

if i do a degree then i wonder what i should do? and should i do one thats related to aviation or should i do one that it completely unrelated?

thanks.... James
Jamenator1 is offline   Reply With Quote