DA.C - View Single Post - Sad news at YYZ
Thread: Sad news at YYZ
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 06:10 PM   #11 (permalink)
WestjetterO
Cornish Game Hen

Send a message via MSN to WestjetterO
Default Re: Sad news at YYZ

Sad to hear about the poor rampie, my thoughts are with his Family. I heard briefly on CBC Radio this morning that a baggage handler had been killed in an industrial accident at YYZ Terminal 1 this morning. Not a very common occurence but still a sad day. I have a great deal of respect for all Airport/Airline employees from the ramp to the cockpit. I've gotten a chance to meet some of the tug drivers, de-icers, baggage handlers, runway maintenance crew and so on. The GTAA always tries to promote the hard work of airport crews and show the public how important their jobs are through public events.

I have recently given some consideration to working as a rampie at Pearson. Doesn't seem like a very stressful or boring job and you don't have to deal with any snobby customers. You get to be on the ramp and up close to the action. I would rather load and move bags than flip burgers to make money. Maybe in a couple years to help with the Uni/Training fund. Seems like a nice job from what I've seen on the interweb, for an enthusiast I don't think you can get much closer!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Recent Flights:
-DL1042 RIC-ATL 7.29.13. (MD88)
-DL2442 ATL-YYZ 7.29.13. (A319)

-WS674 YYC-YYZ 8.24.13. (B736)
WestjetterO is offline   Reply With Quote