DA.C - View Single Post - Replacement Phoenix Stands
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 11:45 AM   #5 (permalink)
Upkeep
Design with Elegance.

Wink Re: Replacement Phoenix Stands

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsm511 View Post
I tried fixing it but it doesn't seem to set and I don't want to risk putting the model on it with the stand broken at the spot it is. Thanks for the suggestions though, I will keep trying.
Even when the stand is uncompromised by a break, the whole affair is a bit tenuous. Getting the peg/hole area to fit snug without breaking anything was tricky for me. I ended up just filing the peg a bit. The stand certainly is less than solid, as any little vibration in your place and the model is in motion. Trying to fix that one, with the break where it is, looks pretty sketchy as I don't think you'd be able to get a secure bond. Adding pins/screws, etc., would make the thing look rather 'fixed' -- although it may do the trick. Myself, I wouldn't waste my time. Honestly, I wish Phoenix would sort this out as long as they want to be supplying stands with this size model.

I would have been happy to send you mine, but it went to a forum member in Singapore last summer who had a similar situation. Sorry.

It looks like you'll either have to hope another forum member here sees this and offers his up at no-charge, or to keep pestering Phoenix.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Élégance en vol . . . Airfrance-style!
Upkeep is offline   Reply With Quote