DA.C - View Single Post - Goldhofer AST-1 Airport Tug 1/200
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2011, 08:54 AM   #13 (permalink)
Upkeep
Design with Elegance.

Thumbs up Re: Goldhofer AST-1 Airport Tug 1/200

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD F7A View Post
Wooooot!

Today I was surprised to find a tiny package on my front door!

First impression:

OMG. Better than I expected.

Still encased in some sort of wax used during production with a cent piece for size comparision:

The tug is made out of transparent resin which makes it quite difficult to photograph:

Quick résumé:
  • Awesome first attempt, overall success (IMO)
  • Difficult to clean and remove the wax
  • Not every detail could be reproduced (handrails, free standing beacons, etc.). Expected it, so no big problem. At least I know what's technically feasible now.

Will give it a coat of white now.

What do you guys think?

Expecting some feedback. Critics are welcome!

Cheers
Chris
I think you have a success on your hands!

I think you want to give it a light spray coat of matte white and re-photograph it again. Once you have figured out how you want to proceed, then I guess it is time to set up pre-orders for manufacturing, eh?

As an ex-modeller from years back, I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt I'd be happy with a few of those just as they are. Basically, 'I could take it from here', sort of thing. I can't speak for others though.

Are you planning to offer a fully painted and finished item? Honestly, I like what I see and if that was offered online somewhere, I'd buy a few as is. That is my feedback.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Élégance en vol . . . Airfrance-style!
Upkeep is offline   Reply With Quote