DA.C - View Single Post - Gemini 200 KLM Skyteam 777-300ER
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 02:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
Upkeep
Design with Elegance.

Wink Re: Gemini 200 KLM Skyteam 777-300ER

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLM4me View Post
Now THIS looks like the correct color on the fuselage, unlike what is on the 1:200 scale 737-900. (Which I've removed from my wish list and for that reason.)
I'm not sure what is the right colour.

I have the Hogan Skyteam/Airfrance 777 and the colour looks a bit darker than some photos on A.net, yet about right in others. One thing for sure is the metallic flake on the Hogan one is a tad too large. I suspect that is where Gemini got it right, but I question the lightness of the silver tone. Mind you, a hundred things can cause that to change -- starting with lighting, white balance, or surrounding colours -- so the 'Virgin' metallic could very well be closer to being correct. I do know that I saw a Skyteam/Alitalia 767 the other day flying overhead and it did look very 'silver'. Then I put my Hogan ST/AF 777 in the same sunlight, against the same sky -- just moments later -- and it did too. (Crazy!)

One thing for sure, is F-GZNE is shiny slick (or was earlier this year -- its also gotten a bit grubby looking as well). So I coated mine with 3 coats of Future and THAT made the model stand up and dazzle!! I'm also going to get the Draw Decal sheet for the ST/AF 777 and rob it for the fuselage details (baggage door warnings, radio ports, and whatever else I can gleen).

I estimate the Hogan one is around this colour above (for what it is worth), and mine is NOW that shiny.

And this one above looks as white as the AF one in the distance!

All the very same aircraft (F-GZNE), yet looking different in each shot.

Agreed about the 737-900 (that is the AV200 one you are referring too, yes?). If so, I think the mould and flightdeck windscreen is probably what put it off my list before the colour of the livery (which did seem a wee too bland for me).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Élégance en vol . . . Airfrance-style!

Last edited by Upkeep; 08-10-2011 at 12:18 PM. Reason: sp
Upkeep is offline   Reply With Quote