DA.C - View Single Post - Rotating Airport Beacon.
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 07:37 PM   #53 (permalink)
alabatusa
Senior Collector

Default Re: Rotating Airport Beacon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b747dude View Post
Other than the flickering of the light, It looks awesome! The flickering is no big deal though.
Thanks Mate, Yeh currently working on removing the flickering of the light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-FITL View Post
WOW; AMAZING! I'll take a 1:200 one, but it comes without a platoform I hope? This beacon is only in Adeliane, or in lots of aiports like Canada? ATC tower would be great, and some other ideas:
- Moving hanger doors (including hanger)
- Fire station with opening doors.
- Fire trucks with lights
- Moving jetways
- Moving airstairs

These are all for future, as tthey can be very interestin and good sellers. 30$ is fair enough as a motor and lights is very good! Thanks for this and keep up the updates and work, tell your developper to keep up his work! To drink lots of coffee
1. Unfortunately i can remove the platform as its really hard to fit a motor anywhere else but the base, however i will make the platform base a rectangular/ square prism rather than the trapezium shape it currently is, such that it is easy to embed in peoples model airports by cutting a section out of your MDF base.

2.These airport beacons are in airports all over the world, including Canada airports. Although there are many variations, but most look similar.

3. Thanks for the idea's , goes with my thinking that model airports already have lighting but probably need some movement to make them more realistic.
- Moving hanger doors - possible in scale 1/400 and 1/200, will investigate. Do you want doors to open with motor or by hand?
- Fire station with opening doors. - possible in scale 1/200 most likely
- Fire trucks with lights - probably really expensive in scale 1/400 but will check for 1/200

- Moving jetways - really hard to understand how to do this
- Moving airstairs - really hard to understand how to do this
- A runway lighted and having a moving mechanism that can imitate a take off.
- a rotating radar tower like that of heathrow

Lol i will tell them about the coffee :P, although i have been telling them to hurry it up. 1/200 is almost complete, 1/400 requires a bit more time to find suitable materials

cheers guys and thanks for the suppourt
Atif

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A site to help people build model airports, and its all free
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
alabatusa is offline   Reply With Quote