DA.C - View Single Post - My Military Model Airport
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2009, 10:10 AM   #120 (permalink)
DaPhantom
Master Collector

Default Re: My Military Model Airport

Couldn't sleep the other nite so I sat there thinking just how much room I would need to place all my planes on.

I started with 2 full sheets of plywood (64sq') side by side 8'long, 8' wide.

Now, because of the C5As wings I allaw for a 8" taxi runway on the bottom, left side and on top. Then starting on the bottom I allaw the 8's then a parking area of 7's X 7's X 4 and the planes would be tail to tail. Then another 8' taxi, with another 14' X 28 parking.

After 2 parking areas, you come to 44" and then you could do a middle of the plywood taxi runway, just like the top and bottom, you also can do the same to the right side, because you also would have 2 taxis at 16' and 1 parking area at 28" = 44''s.

That leaves the 2nd sheet of plywood with 44"s X 8'. Now on the far right side of the sheet I would make the take off and landing and make that 12" by 8'.

Coming off the middle taxi way, i wanted to make a little parking area for cars and some grass, then about something like 8" wide and 36" long to fit between the 3 Taxi ramps, top middle and bottom For hangers.

Last, whats left between the hangers and the main runway for smaller planes like the 707 fleet and the C-130s.

You would have two parking areas that would be 24" by 36".

I still wouldn't have the needed room to support my 110 plane fleet....

OUCH
DaPhantom is offline   Reply With Quote