DA.C - View Single Post - "How To" Airliner Modeling Website
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2007, 02:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Mike777
Banned

Default "How To" Airliner Modeling Website

Hey guys, having built a few airliner model kits in years past without really knowing what I was doing, I think I'd like to pick it up again and maybe really get into kit building. But this time I want to do things the right way. When I built kits in the past, it was straight out of the box, exactly as the instruction said and without any other steps that you master model makers take; I knew nothing about filling gaps, sanding, priming, scratch-building antennas or anything else, airbrushing, decal setting solution, etc., etc. Well, I still know nothing about these things, haha, but I know I need to find out in order to eventually achieve professional results from a kit.

So what I'm looking for is a "how to" website of some sort, something that offers a crash-course in airliner modeling. I've already spent some time searching the net and have found some useful info, but I haven't really found what I'm looking for. Lots of military stuff out there, but I am looking for info about specifically airliner modeling. I need a site that covers EVERYTHING in detail from start to finish.

I plan to do my homework and gather as much useful info as possible before I ever even buy a kit. Like I said, I've already done some research, but I haven't really found a site that offers useful, in-depth info for a relative beginner to airliner modeling. So I'm hoping some of you gurus could help me out and offer up some useful links. Thanks!
Mike777 is offline   Reply With Quote