DA.C - View Single Post - PitStop Models Cars&Aircraft, Australia is closing
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2021, 09:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
TurnLeftHeading
Collector

Default PitStop Models Cars&Aircraft, Australia is closing

G'day everyone,

For my fellow Aussies especially, Mike from PitStop Models Cars&Aircraft at Palm Beach on Australia's Gold Coast, has unfortunately made the decision to shut his store, which he opened in 1995. The COVID slump has played a big part in his decision apparently.

Mike was a Gunny in the RAAF; incidentally, he's flown on nearly every aircraft the RAAF has put in the air since the 1970s - including 2 flights in an F-111, which those in the know understand is a very hard thing to swing.

I've met Mike several times at his store and have bought a decent amount of 1/200 and 1/72 from him; however, I have no affiliation with his store and don't know whether he will be eventually having a sale. Please direct any enquiries to him via his website:

PitStop Models Cars&Aircraft

(https://diecastmodels.net.au/index.p...egory&path=100, if the link doesn't work).

What I do know is that he has some very low prices already on older stock (1/48 HM biplanes for AUD$95 - $110 anybody?!!), and still has some ordered stock yet to arrive. He carries a fair range of brands and scales, so do yourself a favour and check his site out. I've found some gems there in the past; BNIB stock still with original sticker prices from 5 and 10 years ago. It's likely you'll fill some gaps in your collections.

cheers,

Wayne
Tyalgum Creek, NSW Australia

Last edited by TurnLeftHeading; 09-20-2021 at 09:09 AM. Reason: spelling
TurnLeftHeading is offline   Reply With Quote