DA.C - View Single Post - 747 Tribute Tails...for your enjoyment.
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2021, 01:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
ukjohna
1/200 collector

Default 747 Tribute Tails...for your enjoyment.

...I continue with my project to show what some of my favorite BA "World Tails" would have looked like on 747s had the Utopia project lasted longer. Following on from the recent L'esprit Liberté project, here is a completed Flowers of Mazowsze Tail representing Poland. In real life, this tail only flew on a single 737-300 (G-OGBC) but I think it would have looked great on the 747. Donor model was yet another Inflight200 Rendezvous model.

G-BNLE British Airways 747-400 Flowers of Mazowsze Right by John A, on Flickr
G-BNLE British Airways 747-400 Flowers of Mazowsze Right Rear by John A, on Flickr
G-BNLE British Airways 747-400 Flowers of Mazowsze Left Angle by John A, on Flickr
G-BNLE British Airways 747-400 Flowers of Mazowsze Left by John A, on Flickr

Also shown, but not completed is Grand Union, representing England with designs from the Canal of the same name. This tail flew on a couple of 737s, a 757 and an E-145. The basic design is the same, but the decals shrank more than I expected, and I need to redo them. Donor model was a (BlueBox?) Nalanji Dreaming model.

British Airways 747-400 Grand Union (WIP Left) by John A, on Flickr
British Airways 747-400 Grand Union (WIP Right Rear 2) by John A, on Flickr

[EDIT - this probably should be in the custom section... please feel free to move]

Last edited by crownvic; 08-02-2021 at 07:01 AM.
ukjohna is offline   Reply With Quote