DA.C - View Single Post - New arrival joins my SIA Fleet!
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2021, 12:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
deephalo
Senior Collector

Default Re: New arrival joins my SIA Fleet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerocollector98 View Post
After a week of (im)patiently waiting, this new A350-900 has finally landed and is a great addition to my Singapore Airlines fleet.
Beautifull model. Congrats on your acquisition.
The Singapore Airlines livery looks so good on an A350. I never paid attention to this but as I look at your pictures I'm happy to see that hogan did not choose to go for inflight (bend) wings, as they do with the 787. In this case, you have also the option to display it "on ground". May I suggest something? I would buy the separate Hogan display stand (it is made of wood and metal) to put underneath. Your model will be so much more beautiful with it. I have equipped all my Hogans with it and haven't regretted this investment for a second.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1:200FreakReturns View Post
I'm not sure why Hogan would leave out the registration? Nice SQ fleet.
That's a question I also had when I received a Avianca B787 from hogan as a present about a year ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLM4me View Post
If I'm recalling correctly, KLM didn't want registration numbers on models in the event there was ever a fatal accident of a particular airframe.
Interesting assumption. I can see some logic in that, especially when you see the astronomical prices being asked (and apparently paid) for, say, 9M-MRO (Malaysia Airlines Flight 370) or HB-IWF (Siwissair Flight 111). At least that is what I have seen in the past...
deephalo is offline   Reply With Quote