DA.C - View Single Post - Inflight 200 APRIL 2021 Releases
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2021, 11:00 AM   #34 (permalink)
Wardair
Master Collector

Default Re: Inflight 200 APRIL 2021 Releases

Quote:
Originally Posted by flight8841 View Post
Just curious - Is there something specific about this Alitalia model that lends itself to a Transamerica makeover? Aren't there other 1:200 classic 747s available as well?
Well for starters the fuselage has an all-over white base so when the Alitalia scheme is removed you basically have a 'blank white' model without having to paint. The decals are then easily applied and clear coated if you wish. This is one of, if not the, only 747 classic model with the all-over white base and the correct engines that I have come across. I missed out on the last issue Alitalia 747 pondering whether to do it or not.
Transamerica's first 747 did have a polished belly and looked better than the all over white IMO, but attempting to customise a model with a polished belly requires more skill as in the removal of the old scheme would invariably involve some removal of the white upper paint as the polished metal would be the base colour. That would then require masking and over-spraying, more skill than I am confident with, having forked out £100 for a donor.

It would be easier all round if Inflight200, JC, JFox, Gemini200 anyone would just produce one, I'm sure it would be a popular release.

Last edited by Wardair; 03-12-2021 at 11:04 AM.
Wardair is offline   Reply With Quote